Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Bass Bottles posted:

For FIFA players like T Bowl who will break whatever controller they touch, the PS4 controller will be a lot easier to deal with. Buying little rubber caps sounds better than mailing in broken controllers.

Neither of these issues should be happening. If your controllers are falling apart due to vigorous use within a year of launch then they are just defective, especially when their predecessors withstood the same punishment for years without falling apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

T Bowl posted:

I don't even get mad at the game, it literally just snaps from normal use and I don't think people here who don't play FIFA get how much you move the joystick rapidly with that game vs most others.

I have a Day One controller and FIFA and have no issues, but I also am not very good at FIFA so maybe that's why.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

T Bowl posted:

I'm to the point where I feel weird going into my local Walmart to replace it yet again. I purposely bought the extra controller there because I know how lax they are on their return policy and wouldn't be dicks about it like say.. Best Buy or somewhere could easily be.

I ended up paying $4 extra at Walmart too last time around for a 2 year replacement plan...

they probably laugh at your strong monkey hands when u leave lolol i would

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4677/t/1649569.aspx

More FIFA players bitching, I am done with mine but I am leaving this here.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

The_Franz posted:

Neither of these issues should be happening. If your controllers are falling apart due to vigorous use within a year of launch then they are just defective, especially when their predecessors withstood the same punishment for years without falling apart.

:agreed:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Anyone want to buy an Xbox One?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

T Bowl posted:

Give you shipping and 32 dollars for it.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

T Bowl posted:

I got 50 bucks in my PayPal account and will go halvsies on shipping.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Go to gamestop and put it towards a ps4.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Herr Direktor posted:

Go to gamestop and put it towards a ps4.

What will they give me on it?

edit: $250 credit, with kinect which I don't have. $275 for the PS4... haha.

Looking on ebay I can probably get 300 or so after fees on it...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Why is the Xbone pre-order system for digital games so loving terrible? I mean, it's not GREAT on PS4 either, but why can't I pre-order Halo? I kind of get not having something like WWE 2k15 up for pre-order, not a huge release, third party, yadda yadda. But Halo seems like they should let me give them my money whenever I loving choose to.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

T Bowl posted:

What will they give me on it?

edit: $250 credit, with kinect which I don't have. $275 for the PS4... haha.

Looking on ebay I can probably get 300 or so after fees on it...

Wal-Mart started doing trade-ins as well a while ago, they might have a better deal.

Edit: But you're right that ebay is probably your best bet.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

T Bowl posted:

Donate it to a charitable organization who will give it to someone who will honestly enjoy it; claim it as a tax write off using the paperwork they give you.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Sedisp posted:

Like buying AA batteries?

Exactly. It's super dumb the Xbox controllers still run on Duracell's. Sorry I'm not a console warrior that you wanted to burn :shobon:

The Dualshock 3 has the best battery. :allears: The Wii U Pro Controller is also pretty great in that regard, but I don't think it has rumble so that allows it a long life.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Herr Direktor posted:

gently caress sakes, I bought my ps4 for driveclub and now its a piece of poo poo. I'm pissed.
Hey everyone, look at this idiot!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I still wanna check out Driveclub, but it's disappointing that it's kinda barebones (50 cars? Uhhhh...) but it's good for the Xbox One I guess since Forza Horizon 2 is so good. I wonder how it's selling since I'm seeing commercials for it all over.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I am loving Forza Horizon 2 myself even with my poo poo the bed controller.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I'm melting down right now and I joined xbox chat support demanding they refund my money to see what response I get using those xbox forum links and evidence... lol

quote:

Is Microsoft working on a redesign of the controller to fix this issue?
Arvin Z: at 11:56:32

Yes T Bowl, we know that our engineers are doing some plans on how to redesign the controller so that it will be the best controller for gaming.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
maybe just re-release the 360 controller but make it brickable for The Best Value

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

T Bowl posted:

I'm melting down right now and I joined xbox chat support demanding they refund my money to see what response I get using those xbox forum links and evidence... lol
$100 million well spent I say

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

quote:

T Bowl: Again I already sent the controller in that came with the console. I purchased a second that I did not need at Walmart to keep playing
T Bowl: And I have now been back to Walmart multiple times because it keeps happening.
Arvin Z: We deeply understand that. No worries, we will make sure that the controller that you will be getting will be in good condition and working fine for FIFA>
Arvin Z: Still working on it T Bowl.
T Bowl: Ok thank you.
Arvin Z: Thank you for waiting T Bowl. For this, we have seen that the offer for your controller is for you to send your controller to us first before we can send the new/ replacement controller to you and that controller will be the one that will come directly from us.
T Bowl: Can I just return the whole xbox one to you guys and get my money back?

I just closed that chat at that point.

Person acted like they may be able to send out a new controller without me sending the broken one back first... then comes back to say nah never mind you still send it into us first please.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
poo poo it feels like everyone is upset today, chill out guys it's only video games!

Also, stop ruining joypads T Bowl, what are you doing to them man?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

maybe just re-release the 360 controller but make it brickable for The Best Value

Nuh uh, the 360 pad is built like poo poo, I just re roofed my house and used it as a hammer and it lasted about 15 minutes tops, it loving sucks man

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

poo poo it feels like everyone is upset today, chill out guys it's only video games!

FIFA isn't like other games, apparently

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Soul Glo posted:

I still wanna check out Driveclub, but it's disappointing that it's kinda barebones (50 cars? Uhhhh...) but it's good for the Xbox One I guess since Forza Horizon 2 is so good. I wonder how it's selling since I'm seeing commercials for it all over.

Forxa and Driveclub are both poo poo and you've all been ripped off from day one

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Soul Glo posted:

FIFA isn't like other games, apparently

FIFA is like a test of strength game, it's in the next olympics.
Here comes T Bowl, OH AND HE'S GONE FOR A BOSTON GRAB ON HIS CONTROLLER

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

Forxa and Driveclub are both poo poo and you've all been ripped off from day one

Forxa might be poo poo, but ForZa is fun, sorry nerd

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

peter gabriel posted:

Playin the vidya games... :( :(

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

peter gabriel posted:

Nuh uh, the 360 pad is built like poo poo, I just re roofed my house and used it as a hammer and it lasted about 15 minutes tops, it loving sucks man

works better as a putty knife imo

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

T Bowl posted:

Playin the vidya games... :( :(

Just keep it cool dude, maybe wear oven gloves?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

works better as a putty knife imo

I'm no Grover but puttying your roof on sounds crazy, much like the amount of RAM in the The One

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I think the solution is to just pretend I am diddling a ladie's clit, gotta be gentle and not smoosh it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

T Bowl posted:

I think the solution is to just pretend I am diddling a ladie's clit, gotta be gentle and not smoosh it.

Under no circumstances should you try to cram old school torch batteries in there either dude, keep that in mind

Soul Glo posted:

Forxa might be poo poo, but ForZa is fun, sorry nerd

What is ForZa?

Can't a man make a simple typo these days without feeling the full and righteous wrath of an gamer?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

T Bowl posted:

Sorry, but that game is exclusive to the PS4

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

(50 cars? Uhhhh...)
:lol:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Some very curious information from the Halo:MCC thread

Master Chief Collection Preview posted:

Halo 2 Anniversary runs at 1328 x 1080 native
:raise:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Dude have you looked a 2005 game and 2014 game from the same console. They got wayyyyy better.

They also render well below 720p, have no AA and run at 20fps.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Some very curious information from the Halo:MCC thread

:raise:

Is it pillarboxed? wtf

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AlmightyBob posted:

Is it pillarboxed? wtf

Upscaled, the human eye can't tell

Arzachel posted:

They also render well below 720p, have no AA and run at 20fps.

They are Titanfall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

AlmightyBob posted:

Is it pillarboxed? wtf
If the information is true then it'd be vertically-scaled, hardly a first in games but unusual for them to be upfront about it. I'd give it some weight given the amount of rumours about performance issues with Halo 2 running at 1080p60. Until more solid information appears I'd take it with a tiny bit of salt though.

Wonder if they'd use the method popularised by Killzone's devs.

• Locked thread