Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

radlum posted:

Is this true? I've heard him talk about his brother, but I don't think I've heard anything about sister besides that.

He has mentioned it many times, though more in old episodes than newer. He doesn't say "retarded" as much anymore, negating his need o qualify such a statement.

I'm a little ways into 119 and boy Kumail is good to have back. He might be my consistent favourite on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Giggs posted:

He has mentioned it many times, though more in old episodes than newer. He doesn't say "retarded" as much anymore, negating his need o qualify such a statement.

I'm a little ways into 119 and boy Kumail is good to have back. He might be my consistent favourite on the show.

I'm starting to miss Jeff I love the constant guest Comptrollers like Kumail and Bobcat but it's clear some of the others aren't quite up to the task. Also I do enjoy whenever Schrab is on the show.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Cerepol posted:

Also I do enjoy whenever Schrab is on the show.

"When does the podcast start," drat near killed me while I was driving.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'd totally be down with no more Arrested Development ever if it means Mitch Hurwitz can do some comptrolling. I just finished the one where they had him as a guest (81 I think?), and the dude was fire from beginning to end.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
"Do you have a Jim Belushi impression, Mitch?"
"Well, I have a Jon Belushi impression that isn't very good, so yes."

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

tinstaach posted:

I'd totally be down with no more Arrested Development ever if it means Mitch Hurwitz can do some comptrolling. I just finished the one where they had him as a guest (81 I think?), and the dude was fire from beginning to end.

When he played D&D as their lawyer was downright funny as gently caress

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

TontoCorazon posted:

That was Matt Gourley. Mitch played Avenger.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

TontoCorazon posted:

As a new listener, I'd love to see a list of "best of" or "must listen" episodes... There are only so many hours in a day...

Don't ask black people time travel questions had me in stitches.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

That was Matt Gourley. Mitch played Avenger.

My bad. Could have sworn that was Mitch.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

CPColin posted:

"Do you have a Jim Belushi impression, Mitch?"
"Well, I have a Jon Belushi impression that isn't very good, so yes."

Murders me every single time.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
So, I guess Patton Oswalt has dropped out for tomorrow night's NYC podcast...but he's been replaced by Gilbert Godfried.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
Gilbert Gottfried is a-ok in general but when he was on Norm Macdonald's (two-part for some unimaginable reason) podcast he would not stop laughing and thus listening became untenable.

Hopefully that's not a thing again.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Woop!

I'm at Harmontown at comic con right now. Excited as gently caress

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

TontoCorazon posted:

Woop!

I'm at Harmontown at comic con right now. Excited as gently caress

Get drunk and name drop Harmonshock. Do it: do it and give Goldberg a swirlie for me.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sithsaber posted:

Get drunk and name drop Harmonshock. Do it: do it and give Goldberg a swirlie for me.

I plan to do those things at the real podcast at 9:30 at a difference place. This panel was for the movie. I did get to meet Spencer and Dan briefly, told Spencer he was a bad rear end.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

TontoCorazon posted:

I plan to do those things at the real podcast at 9:30 at a difference place. This panel was for the movie. I did get to meet Spencer and Dan briefly, told Spencer he was a bad rear end.

Te quiero mucho. Hazlo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Please have Dan Harmon say "gently caress you goontube" on tape. TIA

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm in the waiting room/lounge at the theatre and they sent gilbert gottfried in here thinking he was part of the audience. I'm dying.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm in the waiting room/lounge at the theatre and they sent gilbert gottfried in here thinking he was part of the audience. I'm dying.

That's one of the greatest things I've ever heard.

Hello from Row O!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

What's up from row v

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

TontoCorazon posted:

What's up from row v

Do it!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Shut up, literally nobody gives a poo poo about you and your lovely gimmicks

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Okay, which one of you assholes started the Chicken Noodle Dick sing-along before the show?

Gilbert loving killed it as comptroller, but D&D was a mess.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

Okay, which one of you assholes started the Chicken Noodle Dick sing-along before the show?

Gilbert loving killed it as comptroller, but D&D was a mess.

D&D was a mess but still really loving funny. Also yah Gilbert was incredible, almost everything out of his mouth was gold. Surprisingly though that blind kid was really on point, you could tell Dan was loving him.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Toxxupation posted:

Shut up, literally nobody gives a poo poo about you and your lovely gimmicks

You're just mad that I hosed your momma from the north to the south.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Did he do Dracula Gottfried at any point?

Dracula Gottfried is the best.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

caligulamprey posted:

Did he do Dracula Gottfried at any point?

Dracula Gottfried is the best.

No, but we did get Jerry Seinfeld Vs. Jerry McSeinfeld and a LOT of Gilbert as Vincent Price, including him doing a VP rap interlude.

D&D Spoilers: I wonder how Jeff is gonna feel when he finally returns to find his dick has been melted off from trying to gently caress a fire elemental.

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 11, 2014

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That rap with Gilbert doing the Vincent price bridge was something special.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

TontoCorazon posted:

That rap with Gilbert doing the Vincent price bridge was something special.

Me traicionaste, cabron. :black101:

So when should this episode come out? Did the episode about transexuals get released but edited or did I miss an episode between guy saying n word and the q&a?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Sithsaber posted:

So when should this episode come out? Did the episode about transexuals get released but edited or did I miss an episode between guy saying n word and the q&a?

The Toronto show with Bobcat Goldthwait was just released yesterday, so I wouldn't expect the NYC show until Monday at least.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sithsaber posted:

Lol

Also yah Spencer was saying the Toronto show was released yesterday when explaining that d&d was going to be out of wack.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
holy poo poo

edit: table breakage

edit2:

“Harmontown is a fascinating glimpse into the mind of a man who would quote himself saying that a movie about him is fascinating,” -Dan Harmon

hahaha

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
The deluxe edition has full video of every stop on the tour, so if you're into watching Harmontown instead of listening to it (which I'm kinda ambivalent on) it's a huge deal. It's all from different angles and everything, too, it's not just a flat shot of the stage.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
So I'm starting Harmontown from the beginning, because, hey, Jeff Davis, he's funny on WLiiA. I'm now up to episode 3 and enjoying it, although Jeff's and Dan's voices kind of blur together somewhat occasionally. I thought there would be D&D sessions? I have always feared D&D podcasts, because 3+ voices confuse me and it often bores me. In which episode does the playing start and how complex do they get?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

toanoradian posted:

So I'm starting Harmontown from the beginning, because, hey, Jeff Davis, he's funny on WLiiA. I'm now up to episode 3 and enjoying it, although Jeff's and Dan's voices kind of blur together somewhat occasionally. I thought there would be D&D sessions? I have always feared D&D podcasts, because 3+ voices confuse me and it often bores me. In which episode does the playing start and how complex do they get?

It starts somewhere around 7 or 8, but there's some pregame stuff like character building and name choosing before then. I had trouble telling Dan's and Jeff's voices apart at first too, but I got over it pretty quickly.

It starts out with just them and the DM, then a few episodes in they add another character, and then a lot of episodes down the line there's another regular. There's also the odd guest star. The plot never gets too complex on account of most of the performers being pretty drunk by the time the game starts, so it's usually really easy to follow.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Most of them barely know how to play so it's pretty simple to follow. Jeff sort of learns but it never gets complex.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
"You're a misanthrope."
"You're only saying that cause you're a person."

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Listening to the recording of the NYC show right now. Why the gently caress did they leave in 3 minutes of people laughing at Gilbert's silent visual shtick at the beginning?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Did the guy actually look like JJ Walker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Spencer needs to stop telling jokes. He's just not funny. At all.