Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No, it sounds like someone sticking a steak in front of you and saying "I hope you like this!"

You people need to learn to dehumanize yourself and face your bloodlust.

Pretty much this, it's free food without spending an orb :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Kins posted:

Exclusive leaked screenshots from Way of the Samurai 6:

this is loving majestic

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

looking at that is like im learning a truth i knew all along thats just been bottled up within me

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.
They may be missing out by not playing the PC version of Guacamelee with steam workshop skins.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Remf posted:

They may be missing out by not playing the PC version of Guacamelee with steam workshop skins.

The Bayo one turns her double jump into the butterfly wings and all the special moves into her WW attacks. It's very neat.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Remf posted:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The Bayo one turns her double jump into the butterfly wings and all the special moves into her WW attacks. It's very neat.

I bought Guacamelee last Steam sale but haven't had the resolve to start it up yet. This has changed everything!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That Chie one with the chicken as Tomoe is unbelievable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't stop laughing at the Shittribution intro. Pat's gigantic eyelids keep making me laugh.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Super Smash Brothers is a pretty fun game you guys.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Dexie posted:

Super Smash Brothers is a pretty fun game you guys.

Pat has too much hair and liam isn't in a dress, 3/10.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo, I want to kill them for calling Adachi culprit when talking about Ultimax. It's such a petty thing, but oh my god it's been 6 years and he was heavily advertised as a playable character in the game.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 7, 2014

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Also isn't calling him that an even bigger spoiler than just calling him by name?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

At this point it feels like Atlus no longer considers that a spoiler.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

At this point it feels like Atlus no longer considers that a spoiler.

8 years is a long time, especially when it comes to video game stories

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liam has a lot to say about Smash that has nothing to really do with the game.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
This is probably the best podcast video so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMI1Da0zxyM

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Cinnamon Jacks? I don't understand anything anymore

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ruggington posted:

Cinnamon Jacks? I don't understand anything anymore

You don't remember the Apple Jacks commercials with the talking apple and Cinnamon stick?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Seriously, the stick has a goddamn jamican accent going CINNA MON.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

You don't remember the Apple Jacks commercials with the talking apple and Cinnamon stick?

This is the poochy of cereal mascots

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Beef Waifu posted:

Liam has a lot to say about Smash that has nothing to really do with the game.

I was double yuckin' it up cause this is the Liam who week before last was all "No I know Destiny has flaws but it's good and I like it and thats my opinion" then this week with Smash it's all "Yeah it's good I guess BUT LET ME GET OUT ALL THIS COMPLAINING I WANNA DO LET ME FINISH!" Poor kid's notes read like an IGN review. Although i'll totally agree with that things getting too small. New Pork City was like that on Brawl and made that the worst stage and that's kinda EVERYWHERE in this version. Also the songs thing is a weird complaint because didn't Nintendo come out like 6+ months ago saying that the 3DS would have 2 songs per stage and less songs in general than the WiiU version due to size limitations and that was one of the bonuses of getting the WiiU version? Why is that a surprise?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nintendo made it a point to say the 3DS version in general would have nowhere near as much content as the Wii U version.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I enjoyed the podcast this week. Pat can be obnoxious at times, but his mini-rants he goes on are some of my favorite podcast moments. He was spot-on with the whole Ubisoft/AC: Unity kerfuffle.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Of course the last part of CoC involved many game-breaking bugs including THE CONSOLE STRAIGHT-UP FREEZING.

Pat points out that the only reason they brought in the 7-day rule for this Shitstorm is because he knew they were going to run into so many bugs with that one game that they needed a hard limit where they could say "We've got as far into the game as we can".

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Of course the last part of CoC involved many game-breaking bugs including THE CONSOLE STRAIGHT-UP FREEZING.

Pat points out that the only reason they brought in the 7-day rule for this Shitstorm is because he knew they were going to run into so many bugs with that one game that they needed a hard limit where they could say "We've got as far into the game as we can".

I am shocked that the game was released with that Brian Burnham bug, a mission-critical character of the game, that you cannot actually progress without him tagging along with you, bugs out and stays in place, thus you can't actually beat the game. Wow.

Somebody should've sued them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm impressed by the new content in Guacamelee so far. Seems really well made and is well integrated.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 8, 2014

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Al-Saqr posted:

I am shocked that the game was released with that Brian Burnham bug, a mission-critical character of the game, that you cannot actually progress without him tagging along with you, bugs out and stays in place, thus you can't actually beat the game. Wow.

Somebody should've sued them.

Plus the fact that it was apparently designed that Brian says he'll follow you...then doesn't, he just warps next to you during dialogue.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

I'm by the new content in Guacamelee so far. Seems really well made and is well integrated.

I'm really liking it too, I didn't know the DLC added a whole new area or anything. Prolly gonna get it later.

Also, of course the hero in the mural is Tostada. Even if you ignore her ominous dialogue, that hero died in flames. Toasted, if you will. Goddamnit Guacamelee.

(brazil doesn't have death water well mostly i'd stay away from tietê)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What are the rules to the Shitstorm, is it only games they did on past shitstorms getting a second chance or is it anything? If it's anything getting a short look I hope the Alien Isolation game gets in, because it's shockingly pretty good and Matt's a huge Alien fan.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You'd think a game like that would be easily completed within the shitstorm time limit.

You'd guess wrong! Because it's a 20 hour horror amnesia style game (???)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tae posted:

You'd think a game like that would be easily completed within the shitstorm time limit.

You'd guess wrong! Because it's a 20 hour horror amnesia style game (???)

Good news though, only the first ten hours or so are the really great atmospheric parts apparently, after there it slowly starts to slide into 'burn hordes of Working Joes with a flamethrower while avoiding an Alien still' bullshit, so they could get out on top!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Good news though, only the first ten hours or so are the really great atmospheric parts apparently, after there it slowly starts to slide into 'burn hordes of Working Joes with a flamethrower while avoiding an Alien still' bullshit, so they could get out on top!

So it's more like Bioshock than people have led on then!

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
Not trying to play devil's advocate, but is there ANY horror game that doesn't front load all (or at least most) of the memorable scares in the first half or so?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

So it's more like Bioshock than people have led on then!

Allegedly, to be fair according to most reviews it's really only the very end that's like that, but the slope does happen.

Sad Mammal posted:

Not trying to play devil's advocate, but is there ANY horror game that doesn't front load all (or at least most) of the memorable scares in the first half or so?

Outlast managed to keep memorable crazy poo poo happening for most of the storyline.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sad Mammal posted:

Depends on what you call a horror game, because if you broaden to Silent, it gets deeper and deeper into chaos.

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

I can't remember, did they give a reason they're not playing Guacamelee co-op?

They don't have a 2nd controller yet.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I can't remember, did they give a reason they're not playing Guacamelee co-op?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Allegedly, to be fair according to most reviews it's really only the very end that's like that, but the slope does happen.

I don't think the "to be fair" is necessary, I think that kind of a progression is a good thing in horror/thriller games. I guess I didn't reflect that real well in my post.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Outlast managed to keep memorable crazy poo poo happening for most of the storyline.

Outlast is also really bad and turns into nanotech ghost nazis by the end.

E: Both Outlast and Whistleblower rely way too heavily on sexual violence (exclusively male-on-male) as well.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 9, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The mechanics of the twist at the end of Outlast sucked but the change of scenery was really awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man Guac's insanely well designed, it's a shame that endgame gets so excessive with the platforming. Can't wait for whatever the devs make next though!

e: Aw I was hoping for a new shitstorm intro with the new game.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 9, 2014