Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Derek Dominoe posted:

You brave MySpace warrior :911:

Nah. Just tired of watching people trip over their collective dicks to "thank this guy for his service". And by the way, am I the only one who gets tired of the whole "oh thank you for your service" crap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

ActusRhesus posted:

speaking of idiots...stolen valor much?

I pointed out that this is objective bs and got banhammered. :(

https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork/photos/a.102107073196735.4429.102099916530784/780791618661607/?type=1&theater

Such a patriot. You deserve a medal for your service in putting this old guy in his place.

Why, he could've gotten TENS OF DOLLARS!!! for this poo poo.

ActusRhesus posted:

Nah. Just tired of watching people trip over their collective dicks to "thank this guy for his service". And by the way, am I the only one who gets tired of the whole "oh thank you for your service" crap?

Man, you are indeed the guy that this thread is about.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Wasn't there a guy in here who almost invaded Syria? Maybe this is the same thing except Turkey.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Seriously. It's annoying. Oh thank you for your service. Great. Now you said something nice and can go on not giving a poo poo. Awesome. It's beyond banal.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Stolen Valor isn't a thing anymore.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Good for you. gently caress that guy.

"Thanks for your service!" is dumb but I imagine most people just assume it's expected of them. It's harmless. The ones who, upon finding our you're a vet, want to strike up a conversation about how they almost enlisted OR how their cousin is a super sniper with 100 kills OR war for oil OR Palestine OR Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour OR blah blah blah are the real problem.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

ActusRhesus posted:

Seriously. It's annoying. Oh thank you for your service. Great. Now you said something nice and can go on not giving a poo poo. Awesome. It's beyond banal.

Please go back to not posting for 7 years. Empty quotes would be less annoying than this.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bitcoin bastard posted:

Wasn't there a guy in here who almost invaded Syria? Maybe this is the same thing except Turkey.

Yeah, I think his unit was doing construction work on a border base and accidentally drove too far and crossed the border. And the CO tried to call in air support to scare off the Syrians that he thought were just coming to intimidate them for no reason.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I wear this, because gently caress you.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ActusRhesus posted:

don't advertise that you're a vet and no one will say this to you. Literally no one at my school seems to realize that I'm 28 and a vet because I don't wear any military poo poo and don't bring it up every conversation.

also boohoo that people are saying things to you. you should probably start a tumblr about how hard it is that no one cares outside of telling you thanks. they should like, give you educational benefits or have an organization that will support you during hard times or pay you for breaking you.

boohoo no one appreciates me as much as I appreciate me

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kawasaki Nun posted:

don't advertise that you're a vet and no one will say this to you. Literally no one at my school seems to realize that I'm 28 and a vet because I don't wear any military poo poo and don't bring it up every conversation.

Pretty much every vet I've worked with is completely unidentifiable as one. They don't advertise it and don't maintain any of their military behavior as civilians. I worked with two during Halloween Horror Nights 2012 and you had to point blank ask if they were in the military. Worked with another one at HHN 2013 and only knew about it because the kinda dorky, baby-faced tall guy who didn't seem old enough to drink mentioned having to miss a day of work to be on base.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Victor Vermis posted:

Good for you. gently caress that guy.

"Thanks for your service!" is dumb but I imagine most people just assume it's expected of them. It's harmless. The ones who, upon finding our you're a vet, want to strike up a conversation about how they almost enlisted OR how their cousin is a super sniper with 100 kills OR war for oil OR Palestine OR Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour OR blah blah blah are the real problem.

Good point.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

They always find me out when they ask about my memorial tattoo. Definitely sets the mood.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

zombie303 posted:

This looks like an incredibly stubby penis with little tiny balls

just like mine

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

don't advertise that you're a vet and no one will say this to you.

I don't. but sometimes it's unavoidable. job interviews etc...list your employment for the last 10 years etc. Every loving interview starts with "oh, first off, thank you for your service *satisfied nod*"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zombie303 posted:

do you wear the OEF baseball cap with the american flag on it too

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

http://www.militaryuniformsupply.com/condor-tactical-caps-military :bustem:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:negative:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

While singing the army song as I march down the hallway.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

zombie303 posted:

While singing the army song as I march down the hallway.

serious question, though: how much velcro?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

ActusRhesus posted:

serious question, though: how much velcro?

I believe you mean "hook and loop fasteners". And the answer is all of it.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

zombie303 posted:

I believe you mean "hook and loop fasteners". And the answer is all of it.

*approving nod*

reflective safety belt? During daylight hours?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

ActusRhesus posted:

*approving nod*

reflective safety belt? During daylight hours?

I always have a road guard vest on so I can correct safety issues on the fly. Have to continue to serve, you know?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

zombie303 posted:

I always have a road guard vest on so I can correct safety issues on the fly. Have to continue to serve, you know?

Good man. Carry on.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

zombie303 posted:

I always wear the supplied vests during monthly proctoring for no other reason than the handy pockets.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

I did kind of love being in old version navy PT gear at Ft. Jackson and being told I had to wear a reflector belt to go running...because...you know...the giant reflective navy logo on my chest like a drat bulls eye wasn't enough "safety"

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Pretty much every vet I've worked with is completely unidentifiable as one. They don't advertise it and don't maintain any of their military behavior as civilians. I worked with two during Halloween Horror Nights 2012 and you had to point blank ask if they were in the military. Worked with another one at HHN 2013 and only knew about it because the kinda dorky, baby-faced tall guy who didn't seem old enough to drink mentioned having to miss a day of work to be on base.

Yeah it's really impressive that the guy who "has to miss work" for mil stuff is able to keep his killer instincts and authoritarian intensity under a lid like that.

loving thank that man for his service from me.

(SUCK HIS COCK. SLOBBERILY.)

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

ActusRhesus posted:

I did kind of love being in old version navy PT gear at Ft. Jackson and being told I had to wear a reflector belt to go running...because...you know...the giant reflective navy logo on my chest like a drat bulls eye wasn't enough "safety"

please make this forum safer by hanging yourself with that 'flector belt

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

that doesn't sound very safe at all.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
your posting makes me want to kill you, then myself

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

tempting offer...switch the order and we can talk.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Victor Vermis please draw a dick with a tattoo on his chest of a swastika made of dicks and the dick saying "You see this? It means NOT WELCOME!" While he points at the dick swastika.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

Victor Vermis please draw a dick with a tattoo on his chest of a swastika made of dicks and the dick saying "You see this? It means NOT WELCOME!" While he points at the dick swastika.

Yeah, I wanna see this too

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
can the dicks have tiny bits of cum spurting out? the cum can also form swastikas

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
swastikum

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

yes, they can.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That vag wants to taste the curb

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That vag wants to taste the curb

I think it would just be a big ol' testicle lazily plopped on top of it while it painlessly absorbs the curb into it's abyssal maw.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
loving beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
even a cock basketball hoop