Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

VincesUndies posted:

I definitely got my money's worth out of Titanfall, unlike Destiny. That's the only game I've regretted buying since Dragon Age 2.

Yeah, I'm still really grateful that I got to play the Destiny beta so that I never actually bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Going for 1080 :getin:

1328 is the new stretch goal

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
Imagine the sweet surf maps the source community could've made if they didn't make maps dlc in Titanfall.

Origin workshop is right around the corner

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Blister posted:

Imagine the sweet surf maps the source community could've made if they didn't make maps dlc in Titanfall.

Origin workshop is right around the corner
They already have early access.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
http://www.instant.ly/s/rAK5B/nav#p/186a0 MS has discovered that streaming is a thing.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
When the NPD results released?

I need some fresh poo poo to laugh at.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

A week from tomorrow, I think?

echronorian posted:

1328 is the new stretch goal

:ocelot:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Xbox One can't even reach 1080...

consoles sold weekly in Japan anymore.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Great Joe posted:

I'd prefer a short loading screen followed by not having to look at an ugly screen.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

CheeseFactory posted:

When the NPD results released?

I need some fresh poo poo to laugh at.

The PS4 and X1 are hilariously bad when compared to an actual next gen console, the Wii U.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
But everyone know WiiU is the king, so it's a moot point.

atomicvocabulary
Oct 21, 2002

Say hello to the sunrise for me...
I was considering dropping $450 dollars for the Xbox one because of the Master chief collection. The crowning achievement in the Xbox exclusive release schedule and they can't make anniversary halo 2 campaign 1080p. All they had to do was give the game the ability to disable the original engine, but instead they went with with the current option. I can't believe how much ram the xbox one has.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CheeseFactory posted:

But everyone know WiiU is the king, so it's a moot point.

For released games, WiiU currently has better exclusives than the One and PS4 combined.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

atomicvocabulary posted:

I was considering dropping $450 dollars for the Xbox one because of the Master chief collection. The crowning achievement in the Xbox exclusive release schedule and they can't make anniversary halo 2 campaign 1080p. All they had to do was give the game the ability to disable the original engine, but instead they went with with the current option. I can't believe how much ram the xbox one has.

It's a dumb thing to prioritize because it gets old after like 10 minutes and then you spend the rest of the game sticking to whichever (old graphics or new graphics) is your preference.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
All the wii u has is exclusives.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Spacebump posted:

For released games, WiiU currently has better exclusives than the One and PS4 combined.

Speaking of, when I look at 2015, I'm more hyped for Xbone exclusives than PS4. Xbox'll have Scalebound, Tomb Raider 2 (at least for 9-12 months, I guess), Inside, Below, Halo 5, Quantum Break and Crackdown.

PS4'll have Bloodborne (which I'm very excited about), Uncharted 4 (it looks pretty, but I'm not a huge fan of the series and The Order which hasn't had great word of mouth the last time it was shown off. PS4 also has No Man's Sky, but that's hitting PC too. Plus whatever surprises may hit both consoles.

Even through the end of this year, Xbox gets Sunset Overdrive and a Halo collection. Does the PS4 have anything else exclusive this year outside of Driveclub which Forza H2 is apparently trouncing in the quality department?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Herr Direktor posted:

All the wii u has is exclusives.
:eyepop:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

I don't know of a place for Titanfall-specific numbers. Someone scraped the battlefield 4 figures since the start of the year though:

CONSOLE WARS GRAPHS

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

THE EXACT SAME GRAPHS

Jesus dude, are those the only sad nerd graphs out there? Really no need to post them twice, get some new material or don't bother.

Titanfall may not be the greatest piece of software to grace the king of consoles the Xbox one, but there are three things for certain.

It's a lot better than Destiny, it's a lot lot better than infamous second son, and its a lot lot lot lot better than driveclub :classiclol:

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Crafty posted:

Titanfall may not be the greatest piece of software to grace the king of consoles the Xbox one, but there are three things for certain.

It's a lot better than Destiny, it's a lot lot better than infamous second son, and its a lot lot lot lot better than driveclub :classiclol:

And it's a lot better on PC.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Soul Glo posted:

Speaking of, when I look at 2015, I'm more hyped for Xbone exclusives than PS4. Xbox'll have Scalebound, Tomb Raider 2 (at least for 9-12 months, I guess), Inside, Below, Halo 5, Quantum Break and Crackdown.

Even through the end of this year, Xbox gets Sunset Overdrive and a Halo collection.

I'm looking forward to almost all of those. Also Fable Legends should be this year, right? That could be cool. And I'm really looking forward to Ori and the blind forest. And for 2015, I'm also looking forward to Cuphead, Phantom Dust and Massive Chalice(no official release dates for these, I'm just assuming they'll be done by end of 2015).

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Yeah I forgot about Ori and Phantom Dust. Cuphead's multiplatform I think, though.

Fable Legends, I'm wary about, but it could be cool on discount.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Soul Glo posted:

Cuphead's multiplatform I think, though.

There aren't a ton of details, but this interview definitely makes it sound exclusive. http://www.nowgamer.com/cuphead-how-microsoft-found-its-next-indie-hit-on-neogaf/

Specifically, at least timed I guess:

“Over the next few months we discussed self-publishing with the ID@Xbox program and later decided it would be awesome to go exclusive and it just went from there,” he continued.

“Things like being at E3 happened because of our exclusivity, and just that exposure alone is worth its weight in gold, Materia and Diamond Armour,” Moldenhauer joked.

“Our official statement is that Cuphead will launch first on Xbox One and Steam and we will consider all other options in the future!”

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

VincesUndies posted:

Is there somewhere where you can see the number of people still playing Titanfall, like what Battlefield does? I see some of my friends playing it still.

You used to be able to go onto Xbox.com and see the stats for individual games. Major Nelson also released Live rankings every week showing what games were been played.

For some reason this was stopped and the stats stripped out a couple months after the Bone dropped.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Herr Direktor posted:

sorry we're only talking about nextgen systems here

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Herr Direktor posted:

Try matchmaking after launch week, you'll have a lot of trouble finding a full game on PC.

There's a feature on Below here :http://kotaku.com/below-is-my-most-anticipated-xbox-one-game-1643249966

Apparently it has some kind of multiplayer

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Titanfall was a fun game and I hope they make a sequel.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Can any euro goons give some input on Titanfall (Xbox One)? Are there any people playing, is it p2p or on dedicated servers?

I got Titanfall stopped in South Africa because I lodged a consumer complaint before it launched, but it seems online retailers are trying to sell it for Xbox One.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

bluegoon posted:

I got Titanfall stopped in South Africa because I lodged a consumer complaint before it launched, but it seems online retailers are trying to sell it for Xbox One.

I'm sorry?

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Chasiubao posted:

I'm sorry?

Yep, true story. Caused a loving shitstorm.

There are no Azure servers hosted in South Africa, closest ones are 200ms away, so I logged a complaint with the Consumer Ombudsman, saying they are selling a degraded experience, and EA got wind of it, and decided not to sell Titanfall in South Africa. It was on IGN and other sites, huge loving deal in South Africa, I'm a hated man.

bluegoon fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 9, 2014

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Crafty posted:

Try matchmaking after launch week, you'll have a lot of trouble finding a full game on PC.

Much like on the Xbox One.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

bluegoon posted:

Yep, true story. Caused a loving shitstorm.

What on Earth was the complaint? Offended at the accents? :v:

Edit: oh.

Chasiubao fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 9, 2014

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Crafty posted:

get some new material or don't bother.

And yet you keep posting.

Soul Glo posted:

Speaking of, when I look at 2015, I'm more hyped for Xbone exclusives than PS4.

Except you can pretty much count every multiplat as a PS4 exclusive, since they all look better and run better than the Xbone versions. Except when MS pays off Ubisoft.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

RangerAce posted:

Except you can pretty much count every multiplat as a PS4 exclusive, since they all look better and run better than the Xbone versions. Except when MS pays off Ubisoft.

If you want the best looking version of a game, shouldn't you just buy the PC version?

That's what I don't get about console warriors: if people truly only wanted the best looking experience, they'd be shoving a $500 video card in their PCs, right, but I'm betting almost nobody ITT giggling at 900p is doing that.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Soul Glo posted:

If you want the best looking version of a game, shouldn't you just buy the PC version?

That's what I don't get about console warriors: if people truly only wanted the best looking experience, they'd be shoving a $500 video card in their PCs, right, but I'm betting almost nobody ITT giggling at 900p is doing that.

That's true. That's what Fame Douglas did, and it sounds like it's working pretty well for him.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
lotta games need a $500 vid card to get over 900p

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

Not if they want good looking games without the burden of loving around with config which comes with PC gaming.

There's also nothing console-warriory about declaring the xbone an underpowered piece of poo poo that's dragging the rest of the generation down if developers are going to stick to its constrained performance ceiling, because its an objective fact rather than a biased opinion.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Bobtista posted:

Not if they want good looking games without the burden of loving around with config which comes with PC gaming.

There's also nothing console-warriory about declaring the xbone an underpowered piece of poo poo that's dragging the rest of the generation down if developers are going to stick to its constrained performance ceiling, because its an objective fact rather than a biased opinion.

You must have a stroke everytime you think of the WiiU if you believe this.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
When's Gears coming out? Are they thinking about an HD collection? I'm thinking about an HD collection.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

You must have a stroke everytime you think of the WiiU if you believe this.

Nah Mario Kart 8 owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

bluegoon posted:

When's Gears coming out? Are they thinking about an HD collection? I'm thinking about an HD collection.

Dont even joke, I dont want to spend over $500 in a second. :(

• Locked thread