Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

Here's a short exchange. Barb is a libertarian whose answer to everything is ‘The Free Market’, and who believes markets are perfectly rational and efficient.

He's so close to getting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Not as bad as a lot of people on here, but I've been collecting a few of these. Don't really know this guy but he ended up on my friend list due to music related things. At first it seems like your standard "angry young man" teenager type bullshit...except for the fact that dude just turned 30.

BigPoot has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Oct 9, 2014

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
That guy must read a lot of maddox.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

This is the first time I've experienced this rhetorical rope-a-dope by being for something so hard that you're really being against it by taking it to an absurdist extreme.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

"I can't believe they're allowed to buy potato chips with food stamps! The government shouldn't be paying for junk food!" Wait! The government is telling us what to eat? What an outrage! How dare rich people tell the lower class how to live their lives!"

It's a simple food stamp system that rewards people for making healthier choices while in no way punishing those who don't.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

into the void posted:

Yup, this is absolutely true. I worked on a psych unit and we'd refer to the phenomenon as 'psych pts are magic': basically that the greater medical community seems to believe that if you have a psych problem, you are magically immune to all non psych illness. Chest pain? Send em to the psych unit. Blood in the stool? Send em to the psych unit. Covered in bed bug bites? Sounds like something for a psychiatrist. Better send em to the psych unit. I don't know how many schizophrenics or bipolar people we sent back to the ER because there was zero reason for acute psych care: they just happened to be mentally ill in the hospital.

Huh. So that's why most doctors never seem to give a poo poo about my stack of physical health problems, including the large tumor-like thing on my stomach.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Optimist with doubt posted:

That guy must read a lot of maddox.

I had completely forgotten about Maddox after tenth grade, and just checked now. That guy never gets tired of himself, does he?

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

karl fungus posted:

I had completely forgotten about Maddox after tenth grade, and just checked now. That guy never gets tired of himself, does he?

He does youtube videos and looks nothing like you think he would.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

karl fungus posted:

I mean, that is kind of the core concept.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Wasn't Maddox banned from SA a while ago because it turned out that it's not an act and he really is that obnoxious all the loving time?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

SpliffClavin posted:

He does youtube videos and looks nothing like you think he would.

Disagree.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
To be fair, a *couple* of his podcasts were *kind of* funny. Most are steaming garbage though.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Fresh off the presses! :v:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Self-loathing is a terrible thing.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ebola is the zombie apocalypse. Well, that's new.

Bad move invoking Jesus, though. He's one of them.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

senrath posted:

Self-loathing is a terrible thing.

You don't know how right you are:

(Mary Nara is the same guy as Matt Uhrafact in the first picture)

Ignimbrite has a new favorite as of 08:22 on Oct 9, 2014

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

You could always point out that a) that's a really bad photoshop... of b) this movie prop mask:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Not satire, eh? That actually links to an Onion article, doesn't it. I can't check because of the stupid paywall and 5 article limit that I keep forgetting.

Also if they were truly coming back as zombies then I would imagine it would be in the news somehow...

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Not the Onion but I did get this on the 1st page of a google search

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ebola-zombies-victims-rising-dead-fake-news-story-124227678.html#NGQ2Kxf

ed: also hahah I can't believe Facebook is having to put a huge SATIRE tag on these articles

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Not satire, eh? That actually links to an Onion article, doesn't it. I can't check because of the stupid paywall and 5 article limit that I keep forgetting.

Also if they were truly coming back as zombies then I would imagine it would be in the news somehow...

Uh the media is not reporting this because the Rothschilds suppress any mention of it. It's because they work together with Obama to force mass vaccination on people which they will use to control everyone! Open your eyes sheeple.

I actually had a dude argue this... He also sells lumps of titanium that plug into your wall sockets and use the quantum field to improve the air and water in your house.
I just quietly left the room and let him talk...

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Shai-Hulud posted:

Uh the media is not reporting this because the Rothschilds suppress any mention of it. It's because they work together with Obama to force mass vaccination on people which they will use to control everyone! Open your eyes sheeple.

I actually had a dude argue this... He also sells lumps of titanium that plug into your wall sockets and use the quantum field to improve the air and water in your house.
I just quietly left the room and let him talk...

Listen. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW

This girl is the stupidest loving person I've ever met, but this takes it to an all new level.

(Sorry for the massive DPI scaling, I'm on a Surface)

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

MyFaceBeHi posted:

The Onion has a paywall? That's news to me.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Ratspeaker posted:

It does for people outside of the US.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

mwells_cubed posted:

This girl is the stupidest loving person I've ever met, but this takes it to an all new level.

(Sorry for the massive DPI scaling, I'm on a Surface)

I had to check to make sure in my case, but I think most of us are on surfaces. I'm on a tile floor, and my computer is on a counter in the kitchen. Neither of these let me change the scaling of graphics, so I get where you're coming from.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Ratspeaker posted:

Yep, you get a message like this:

The Onion posted:

But unlimited access for our foreign readers can be purchased for only $0.99 for the first month: That's less than a dollar - approximately one day's wages in most non-American countries!

Sign up for unlimited access, and dive into a world of hard-hitting journalism that puts to shame anything you'll find in Pravda or The Daily Mongolian or wherever you might otherwise get your typhoon updates.

Which had some extra kick because I ran into it when there was in fact a typhoon outside.

Edit:

My god. That is a beautiful thing.

Thinky Whale has a new favorite as of 14:21 on Oct 9, 2014

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Thinky Whale posted:

Yep, you get a message like this:

Which had some extra kick because I ran into it when there was in fact a typhoon outside.

I have such wonderful things to show you...

Cunty McKooze
Jun 16, 2009
My (now ex) step-dad joined Facebook this year and I've found out a lot about him that I wish I didn't know. He comes off as at least fairly moderate in person, he loved/became bffs with one of my ex-boyfriends (who was black), basically gave no indication that he was in anyway someone I wouldn't normally associate with. Well, now he TYPES IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME BECAUSE I THINK HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TURN IT OFF and posts horseshit like this constantly. CONSTANTLY. I had no idea he was so stupid.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

I'm going to hazard "no" or "Who knows?" because most beheadings of Americans are probably from workplace or traffic accidents, and most infections are not Ebloa (even if we restrict it to deadly infections, MRSA, HIV and other already widespread diseases have killed orders of magnitude more people than ebola)

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

If you're a Chrome user, you could just browse their site in incognito mode and just open a new incognito window whenever it asks you.

Koala Food
Nov 16, 2010

Well, I tried.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

If you're willing to create your own reality based on fake news articles, you could do a lot better than standard right-wing paranoia. Change history, make up new countries, add some aliens or monsters to your world, be creative!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
National Report is yet another "satire" site that doesn't understand why The Onion is funny.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Koala Food posted:

Well, I tried.

It's goalposts all the way down.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Koala Food posted:

Well, I tried.

This is becoming all too common. I snopes'd my aunt about Lincoln saying something about we cannot help the poor by kicking the rich and "it doesn't matter who said it, I agree with it anyway!"

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Cunty McKooze posted:

My (now ex) step-dad joined Facebook this year and I've found out a lot about him that I wish I didn't know. He comes off as at least fairly moderate in person, he loved/became bffs with one of my ex-boyfriends (who was black), basically gave no indication that he was in anyway someone I wouldn't normally associate with. Well, now he TYPES IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME BECAUSE I THINK HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TURN IT OFF and posts horseshit like this constantly. CONSTANTLY. I had no idea he was so stupid.

Less likely, because my fatwa expired last year.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

zakharov posted:

National Report is yet another "satire" site that doesn't understand why The Onion is funny.

No one will ever top Pope Insanity MXLV.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Koala Food posted:

Well, I tried.

How can anyone type that last sentence and not feel like a total idiot? You can't help but feel bad for these people who shout the end is near their entire lives and nothing comes of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is becoming all too common. I snopes'd my aunt about Lincoln saying something about we cannot help the poor by kicking the rich and "it doesn't matter who said it, I agree with it anyway!"

Post some of those image macros with Hitler quotes over Reagan's picture.

• Locked thread