Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009

Martello posted:

murder my wife.

Sounds like sound CK2 advice to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Oh god the scramble for Africa in NNM is hilarious as the Ottoman Empire. Egypt kept getting hosed by reactionary rebels so it was uncivilized so I got to retake it. And then Tunis wanted independence, I granted it and it almost immediatly became Ottoman.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

So, I decided to give the Commune of France in Kaiserreich a try, since I played a lot of Syndicalist majors (UoB, Soviet Russia, Danubian Federation turned Syndie, that thing in India), but never the big dog himself. Got a lot of nations into the Internationale and saw Mexico and the CSA achieve victory in the civil war before declaring war on Germany, and the Soviets joined up with me too, so that's nice.

Man, I'm kicking rear end and taking names here. Took me a while to grind the Germans down (using the "People's War" doctrine - "throw people at other people until one side runs out of people"), but now I'm making good progress, and I've pretty much got the Germans beat. I wonder what's happened to Russia, I thought they'd be here by now...

HOLY gently caress. What happened here? I thought French banging down the doors of the Reichstag would decrease the odds for a successful Barbarossa, not increase them!

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Westminster System posted:

Sounds like sound CK2 advice to me.

Well, the game definitely wants me to, because "kill Duchess Rocca" is always a Choose Plot option.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Allyn posted:

Well, if you do that then having them in your sphere as Germany/France/Italy (depending on which one is the primary culture) will give you the event to inherit them, a la Luxembourg as Germany. Unless you call them those things but have them under a separate, Swiss culture group.
For Victoria III, it would be nice if national/accepted cultures were a bit more dynamic. For example, Belgium could start off leaning Walloon, but not be Walloon-dominated enough that it could be inherited by France. Shifting power further toward Walloon culture would enable it though, at the cost of losing the Flemings as an accepted culture and causing a significant bump in militancy in the same. Going the other way, Austria might reduce German dominance in its domain to placate the Hungarians. This would reduce their ability to influence German states, but of course make their hold on the empire more secure. I think such a system could help make things a bit less railroady, without making it basically a done deal that for example Belgium would be absorbed into France. (As is basically assured if you make Walloon part of the French group.)

TheMcD posted:

HOLY gently caress. What happened here? I thought French banging down the doors of the Reichstag would decrease the odds for a successful Barbarossa, not increase them!
Völkerwanderung.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Martello posted:

If I change my succession laws from Gavelkind to Primogeniture as the Duke of Calabria and then later become the King of Sicily (or one of my heirs does), will that transfer to my new kingdom, or do I have to wait ten years and change the laws again? Really getting sick of my awful little second and third sons taking all my counties away. And with my Lustful+Lustful marriage, it's not like I'll stop having the fuckers anytime soon unless I murder my wife.

Your laws will transfer if you create the title, they will not transfer if you usurp it.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Is there any easy way to build shittons of railroads when you're a planned economy?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Gorelab posted:

Is there any easy way to build shittons of railroads when you're a planned economy?

Shift click the build railways button and you'll build them in the entire state. Or maybe it's control click, I can't remember- I don't think there's a faster way than that. Should be pretty fast if you use the infra map mode and aren't playing Britain.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Autonomous Monster posted:

Shift click the build railways button and you'll build them in the entire state. Or maybe it's control click, I can't remember- I don't think there's a faster way than that. Should be pretty fast if you use the infra map mode and aren't playing Britain.

Why would you be planned economy anywhere other than Russia or the USA?

Antwan3K
Mar 8, 2013
you can at least use ctrl to build in every state, that saves some time. still tedious though for large countries.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Man, the crisis system should really have been done without crises fizzing out/white peaces. I've been sitting on 2 100% flashpoints for 20 years while the game keeps giving me crisis in Hungary/Poland that go unresolved.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

TheMcD posted:

So, I decided to give the Commune of France in Kaiserreich a try, since I played a lot of Syndicalist majors (UoB, Soviet Russia, Danubian Federation turned Syndie, that thing in India), but never the big dog himself. Got a lot of nations into the Internationale and saw Mexico and the CSA achieve victory in the civil war before declaring war on Germany, and the Soviets joined up with me too, so that's nice.

Man, I'm kicking rear end and taking names here. Took me a while to grind the Germans down (using the "People's War" doctrine - "throw people at other people until one side runs out of people"), but now I'm making good progress, and I've pretty much got the Germans beat. I wonder what's happened to Russia, I thought they'd be here by now...

Something similar happened to this in a test game I just did to check things out. By the time I had defeated Canada and built enough of a navy to send land forces to help out in Europe, it turned out that France was already in Minsk. Made for a dull game to be quite honest. In games I've played outside Europe with other nations, France either gets swamped relatively quickly (though not historically quickly) or it settles into Western Front Redux and the war will go on forever until something happens to tip the balance (which usually involves me but one time ended up being the AUS invading Brittany as part of the Entente).

csm141 fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 9, 2014

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

What's the best way to keep an economy stable in V2 at the start of a game?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Speaking of V2, are there any good mods that work with HoD and don't gently caress up the economy more than it already is?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Koesj posted:

Engineers are only worth their cost if you're attacking forts across rivers or something, and even then a Marine division might work better.

3INF+ART, 2INF+ART+AT, LARM+MOT+AC+AC, and ARM+MOT+SPART+AC are all good basic divisions if you want to keep things relatively simple.

e:

I put it on 29.99 because of the icon insisting I could do more research while investing exactly 30 points :v:

So gave Republican Spain a go again- and had 4 corps (2 w/ 5 divisions of 2INF+ART+AT, 2x5 of 2LAR+MOT+AC) in northern France and a corps of Mountain in Southern France ready to hold off the Italians. Also had 8 wings of interceptors ready to keep the bombing under control.

At first the Germans seemed to just stop- they came down from Denmark and parked across the Maginot line in Oct/November '39 and stayed their until roughly April. Finally in April something triggered them to go after Luxembourg and they eventually swept through the Netherlands. I was tired and distracted so I let the clock run and they finally took Paris around August and wiped my northern troops a month or so later.

2 questions for smart HoI players

-I noticed that I was losing a ton of Fuel mobilized and waiting, and the tool tip tells me I'm trading 44 fuel away a day along with another ~30 going into the network (which I assume means going to the troops). I couldn't find anything in the trade/convoy tab, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or something that's just kind of not explained. Anything?

-Once the Germans started moving, I felt like I was powerless to win a fight with them. I could keep them from beating me when they attacked me while dug in on the maginot line, but every other time I got crushed- definitely when trying to attack their positions. Watching the battles, it just felt like my Organization drained out at a much higher rate than them. they were around 70 and would maybe drop to 50, while I'd go from 50 to nothing in no time flat. Is this some effect from their Blitzkrieg decision? Or is there some critical tech or planning I didn't consider? I think I did a reasonable job setting up my OoB and assigning commanders and getting officers to 140%. I feel on easy difficulty I should at least be going toe-to-toe with them?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Cynic Jester posted:

Speaking of V2, are there any good mods that work with HoD and don't gently caress up the economy more than it already is?

New Nations Mod.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Last Emperor posted:

Bankruptcy is pretty stable

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Cynic Jester posted:

Definitely NNM, like Kavak suggested.

It mostly adds flavor, in the form of new events, decisions, and nations.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Your laws will transfer if you create the title, they will not transfer if you usurp it.

I ended up fighting Queen Umfreda of Sicily for Calabrese Independence and winning. I changed my succession law to Feudal Elective. My oldest son Vittore II inherited the Duchy of Franconia from his late unlamented mother. I originally nominated him as my heir, pissing off my younger brother Bruno. When Vittore I died, I realized Vittore II (with a filthy German regent) was now a vassal of the Holy Roman Emperor. Not wanting anything to do with that mess, I reloaded a save before his dad died and nominated Bruno instead of Vittore II. Vittore I died again, and now I'm playing as Bruno with Reggio, Messina, Palermo (taken from the Muslims) and Cantanzo as my demense.

What I'm wondering is, did I gently caress up by not keeping Vittore II as my heir? Was there some way I could benefit from having the Duchies of Calabria and Franconia at the same time? Seemed like I was super spread out and I'd just eventually get owned by some pissed-off Germans who don't want an Italian liege.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

So after playing around in Kaiserreich for a little while yesterday I eventually changed my mind and I want to play as Canada. Anyway how does intelligence work in DH again? Is it automatic where my spies are placed or do I have some control over it? I can't seem to find it in either case.

Samolety
Jan 27, 2008

I have returned from negotiations with Comrade Ignatov and have found him to be quite agreeable.
I believe it is peace in our time.
Intelligence is in the 'intelligence' tab (to the right of technology, I think). I'm pretty sure you can manually set your spies, though it is kinda boring and useless so I usually just set it to auto and keep increasing the budget.

Also, on the subject of which KR nations are fun, one of my go-to favourites is actually National France. It's a rough game due to your super-low IC but they get some fun events (DO NOT tax the nomads!) and it's really fun using your oversized-for-your-size navy combined with innovative tactics to invade the Commune once they start a spat with Germany. It's a game that somewhat relies on luck (if the Commune steamrolls Germany you're kinda screwed) but also really takes skill and finesse, which is always fun.

sureaboutthatthing
Oct 15, 2013

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

So gave Republican Spain a go again- and had 4 corps (2 w/ 5 divisions of 2INF+ART+AT, 2x5 of 2LAR+MOT+AC) in northern France and a corps of Mountain in Southern France ready to hold off the Italians. Also had 8 wings of interceptors ready to keep the bombing under control.

At first the Germans seemed to just stop- they came down from Denmark and parked across the Maginot line in Oct/November '39 and stayed their until roughly April. Finally in April something triggered them to go after Luxembourg and they eventually swept through the Netherlands. I was tired and distracted so I let the clock run and they finally took Paris around August and wiped my northern troops a month or so later.

2 questions for smart HoI players

-I noticed that I was losing a ton of Fuel mobilized and waiting, and the tool tip tells me I'm trading 44 fuel away a day along with another ~30 going into the network (which I assume means going to the troops). I couldn't find anything in the trade/convoy tab, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or something that's just kind of not explained. Anything?

-Once the Germans started moving, I felt like I was powerless to win a fight with them. I could keep them from beating me when they attacked me while dug in on the maginot line, but every other time I got crushed- definitely when trying to attack their positions. Watching the battles, it just felt like my Organization drained out at a much higher rate than them. they were around 70 and would maybe drop to 50, while I'd go from 50 to nothing in no time flat. Is this some effect from their Blitzkrieg decision? Or is there some critical tech or planning I didn't consider? I think I did a reasonable job setting up my OoB and assigning commanders and getting officers to 140%. I feel on easy difficulty I should at least be going toe-to-toe with them?

When your troops are in France they will consume French supplies/fuel, and your nation will give them some, listed as "traded away", to compensate. The resources at the top of the screen are only what is in your capitol supply dump and when it says into the network it means it is going out towards other provinces where the troops will consume them (or eventually return to the capitol if they do not).

The Germans does get a Blitzkrieg modifier which greatly boosts their soft attack and some other stuff, but if you were defending the Maginot you should still be able to easily beat them. Were you getting pounded by airpower?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

For Victoria III, it would be nice if national/accepted cultures were a bit more dynamic. For example, Belgium could start off leaning Walloon, but not be Walloon-dominated enough that it could be inherited by France. Shifting power further toward Walloon culture would enable it though, at the cost of losing the Flemings as an accepted culture and causing a significant bump in militancy in the same. Going the other way, Austria might reduce German dominance in its domain to placate the Hungarians. This would reduce their ability to influence German states, but of course make their hold on the empire more secure. I think such a system could help make things a bit less railroady, without making it basically a done deal that for example Belgium would be absorbed into France. (As is basically assured if you make Walloon part of the French group.)

Sounds like it could work.

-----
Had four or five major wars in the 1865 to 1882 time span, mostly against Austria and sometimes Britain, or against France and Russia. I liberated Hungary and did the three hurrah's for Germany, forming Kliendeutchland. I eventually managed to get Austria in my sphere and after five years they petitioned for annexation in December '96.

Britain has been my ally for some time and we've been using our clout to bully France and Russia around during crises. Hungary has just become a Great Power, passing the Two Sicilies, which is oddly more industrialized then Italy. :shrug: Wish I could have spun off Lombardy and Venice as one nation, but with the Italy tag in use it wasn't possible.

Charlz Guybon fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 9, 2014

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

sureaboutthatthing posted:

When your troops are in France they will consume French supplies/fuel, and your nation will give them some, listed as "traded away", to compensate. The resources at the top of the screen are only what is in your capitol supply dump and when it says into the network it means it is going out towards other provinces where the troops will consume them (or eventually return to the capitol if they do not).

The Germans does get a Blitzkrieg modifier which greatly boosts their soft attack and some other stuff, but if you were defending the Maginot you should still be able to easily beat them. Were you getting pounded by airpower?

Ahh, thanks for the fuel explanation. Still I was surprised how quickly I was eating through it- I could keep my army running for ~6-8 months before it shut down, which felt pretty high. Is it assumed I'll just need to buy a ton of fuel from other nations? Given how precocious other nations seem about proposing and revoking trade agreements...

Another thing I noticed and forgot to ask about : as the war kicked off I offered lend-lease to France/England since I wasn't really building anything and figured I'd like to see how that worked. That seemed to chew through my resource stockpiles pretty quickly- do the using nations get to use my resources too? If so/ bigger question- if I request/secure a lend/lease from another nation do I get to tap in to their resources?

On the Germans- I didn't have any real problem on defense, but offensively I felt like I had no chance. Even when Germany took Luxembourg- they had maybe a full division there from what I could tell and my 2 divisions got creamed, organization-wise at least. They had maybe 2 days to dig in?

sureaboutthatthing
Oct 15, 2013

Ahh, thanks for the fuel explanation. Still I was surprised how quickly I was eating through it- I could keep my army running for ~6-8 months before it shut down, which felt pretty high. Is it assumed I'll just need to buy a ton of fuel from other nations? Given how precocious other nations seem about proposing and revoking trade agreements...

Another thing I noticed and forgot to ask about : as the war kicked off I offered lend-lease to France/England since I wasn't really building anything and figured I'd like to see how that worked. That seemed to chew through my resource stockpiles pretty quickly- do the using nations get to use my resources too? If so/ bigger question- if I request/secure a lend/lease from another nation do I get to tap in to their resources?

On the Germans- I didn't have any real problem on defense, but offensively I felt like I had no chance. Even when Germany took Luxembourg- they had maybe a full division there from what I could tell and my 2 divisions got creamed, organization-wise at least. They had maybe 2 days to dig in?

The supply system gets wonky when it comes to transfers between different nations, normally fuel is in overabundance almost always. Keep the navy out of allied countries though, I believe you give away as much fuel as if they were working on full efficiency rather than sitting in port which shouldn't cost anything.

Yeah, the resources cost for lend-lease is paid by the provider - it would be pretty strange if the resource-starved Britain couldn't actually use the lend-lease the US gives it.

The Germans receive large bonuses from the Blitzkrieg desiscion and their starting divisions have sky-high experience, so a German division is probably about equal to two similarily teched allied units. Also I believe Luxemburg is forest terrain which gives large defence bonuses and AT brigades have massive penalties to offence; they are a specialised unit and shouldn't be placed in standard frontline units.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

sureaboutthatthing posted:

The supply system gets wonky when it comes to transfers between different nations, normally fuel is in overabundance almost always. Keep the navy out of allied countries though, I believe you give away as much fuel as if they were working on full efficiency rather than sitting in port which shouldn't cost anything.

Yeah, the resources cost for lend-lease is paid by the provider - it would be pretty strange if the resource-starved Britain couldn't actually use the lend-lease the US gives it.

The Germans receive large bonuses from the Blitzkrieg desiscion and their starting divisions have sky-high experience, so a German division is probably about equal to two similarily teched allied units. Also I believe Luxemburg is forest terrain which gives large defence bonuses and AT brigades have massive penalties to offence; they are a specialised unit and shouldn't be placed in standard frontline units.

Thanks for all that- but where can I tell that AT has penalties to offense? I thought I needed/wanted them to help with the hardness of German armor versus my infantry. Are TDs penalized less on offense?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

"The nation giving out the LL pays the resource cost for the IC given, the receiver gets bonus IC added to their total which does not cost them resources to run." (per the TFH Developer Diary)

Once the Germans started moving, I felt like I was powerless to win a fight with them. I could keep them from beating me when they attacked me while dug in on the maginot line, but every other time I got crushed- definitely when trying to attack their positions. Watching the battles, it just felt like my Organization drained out at a much higher rate than them. they were around 70 and would maybe drop to 50, while I'd go from 50 to nothing in no time flat. Is this some effect from their Blitzkrieg decision? Or is there some critical tech or planning I didn't consider? I think I did a reasonable job setting up my OoB and assigning commanders and getting officers to 140%. I feel on easy difficulty I should at least be going toe-to-toe with them?

quote:

Not only do they have better ORG and the massive benefits from the Blitzkrieg decision (+20% Combat Movement Speed, ORG Regain Rate, and Soft Attack), those German divisions probably have better leaders and experience while possibly enjoying better tech and air support.

Better tech works towards the Attack, Defensiveness, and Toughness ratings of your units, the basic building blocks of how combat is resolved:

"during each hour of combat, divisions use hard attack and soft attack to try and 'hit' the target. Divisions use either toughness (when on the attack) or defensiveness (when being attacked) to avoid getting 'hit'. Every time a division receives a soft or hard attack, it 'spends' a toughness/ defensiveness point. While it still has points left, shots have an 80% chance to miss. Once those points are exhausted, shots have a 60% chance to miss. Each 'shot' fired at a target 'hits' either the soft or hard part of a division. For example, if firing at a division with 50% softness, each 'shot' has a 50% chance of either using hard attack or soft attack. If a division has already used up all its hard or soft attacks, then it does no damage if it hits the wrong part of the division."

"Example 1: A German infantry division (3 infantry brigades) is attacking a Polish militia division (3 militia brigades). The battle takes place in clear weather, on plains terrain, and there are no leader bonuses for either side. Firing Phase:
  • Both divisions target each other.
  • Both divisions are 100% soft, so softness values are used.
  • The German infantry division has a total soft attack of 6, while the the Polish militia division has a soft attack of 2. Both have 100% effectiveness because no modifiers (weather, terrain, leaders) are present. Thus, the Germans fire 6 shots in a round, while the Polish fire 2 shots.
  • The Polish militia division has a defensiveness of 13 while the Germany Infantry division has a toughness of 9. Practically, this means that both sides will never exceed the defensive points of the other side, thus all shots fired will have an 80% chance to miss.
Result: In each round, the German Infantry will hit at least 1 shot, while the Polish militia will hit 0 shots. Averaged out over time, the Germans will hit with 6 shots in five hours (1.2 shots/hour), while the Polish will hit with 2 shots in five hours (0.4 shots/hour).

Continuing the German vs. Polish example from above. These numbers are based on averages:
  • The Germans have hit with 29 shots in the first day of battle (from their average of 1.2 shots per hour), while the Polish have hit with 10 shots (from their average of 0.4 shots per hour).
  • The Germans have inflicted a total of 65 Polish casualties, while the Polish have killed 23 German soldiers.
  • The Germans have caused an organization loss of 6, while the Polish have caused a loss of 2."

Yes this is really opaque.

What kind of modifiers do you get when you hover over a division in the battle window? If not at night (-50%), your attack and defend modifiers should be somewhere above 100% in good terrain and when not crossing rivers or trying to take on big forts. Experience, leader skill, and tactics will add to this percentage in a sometimes very big way, and the number points of (soft/hard) attack you're firing at an enemy each round, gets multiplied by the modifier.

e:

Thanks for all that- but where can I tell that AT has penalties to offense? I thought I needed/wanted them to help with the hardness of German armor versus my infantry. Are TDs penalized less on offense?

Hover over the 'Terrain' icon in the division builder and you'll see the attack, defense, and movement modifiers of all possible combinations of forces you can imagine. Normal Infantry has a 60% malus on river attack, while Marines are only penalized by 20%, etc.

AT and Artillery get the same penalties between them in bad terrain (eg. -25% instead of -20% in forests, and an added -5% to movement speed - when added to 3INF mind you), but ART is generally much more useful for fighting the enemy since they add sweet weet soft attack; the thing that'll hit >85% of enemy forces out there.

Koesj fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 9, 2014

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Koesj posted:

Hover over the 'Terrain' icon in the division builder and you'll see the attack, defense, and movement modifiers of all possible combinations of forces you can imagine. Normal Infantry has a 60% malus on river attack, while Marines are only penalized by 20%, etc.

AT and Artillery get the same penalties between them in bad terrain (eg. -25% instead of -20% in forests, and an added -5% to movement speed - when added to 3INF mind you), but ART is generally much more useful for fighting the enemy since they add sweet weet soft attack; the thing that'll hit >85% of enemy forces out there.

Also just to confirm, where do battles take place for the purpose of resolving terrain? I know in other Paradox games it's all within a province while in HoI it's somewhat on the border. I'm assuming it's the terrain of the defender though, since that would be the obvious way you'd include fort/dig-in bonuses.

I'm tempted to try another strategy tonight although it's possibly even more game-y than knowing when/where the Germans are likely to come through France. Once Germany takes out France and sets up Vichy, there's only a small corridor of 3-4 provinces that connect Spain to German-France. I'm thinking I could just build some forts there and stack up some Mountain infantry w/ support of some sort there and more easily keep air superiority over that area. The question would be would Germany/Italy eventually come through Vichy? They're not part of the Axis immediately from what I can tell, and the 1-2 times I've tried to do this Germans have always stuck to their territory to swarm Spain. Also not sure what I'd do after that if England sits on its heels.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Last Emperor posted:

Get military access from the UK and grab SE Asian uncivs.

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.

Drone posted:

-Austria and either re-unite the empire or form the Danubian Federation (warning: this makes you incredibly powerful and, while the wars to form a reunited Austria are really fun, it instantly turns you into a superpower).

-Russia, but go full-on democratic. The Kaiserreich world is generally pretty bleak and un-democratic to begin with, so you can take up the torch of liberty against the forces of syndicalism and Germanic militarism!

-I've heard good things about Syndicalist USA. Less so about Canada, but it's at least something of a challenge and will promise you some absolutely fantastic naval battles against the Union of Britain.
Wrangel's Russia was a very fun play through, plus you can form a democracy after his death.

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

T___A posted:

Wrangel's Russia was a very fun play through, plus you can form a democracy after his death.

Also you get the best event in KR.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
Ugh, what kind of horrible jerk would ever do that?
(playing DH with sprites turned on, that is)

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Charlz Guybon posted:

Wish I could have spun off Lombardy and Venice as one nation, but with the Italy tag in use it wasn't possible.

You can use the console to give Lombardy Venice's provinces or vice versa, they won't have cores on the land but that doesn't matter as much in V2

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
Winning wars in V2 gets pretty easy after you've researched machine guns :v:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Does anyone know what the hell could be the cause of a bug that doesn't allow your POPs to promote/demote? Specifically, I'm playing Ultimate and Yankees and Dixies just refuse to promote, which leads to everyone assimilating into soldiers.
The weird part is that for some POPs the detailed view says there's 15% chance to promote to farmers but none ever promote while for some others, hovering over the pop type actually says "100 will demote to farmers" or somesuch but those never demote either. For example, this is an AI nation with 0% military budget and way too many goddamn soldiers.

Hreinhold posted:

Jesus Christ, use more artillery.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Hreinhold posted:

It's 1897 and you don't have any unread newspapers :aaa:

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Morholt posted:

Ugh, what kind of horrible jerk would ever do that?
(playing DH with sprites turned on, that is)
I have no idea I can't stand counters with HOI2, but I use them for HOI3.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

GrossMurpel posted:

That's supposed to be two armies with a 24k/18k/6k split of inf/art/eng plus dragoons/hussars. I'm not sure why there's so little artillery... They weren't at full strength, but I'd assume that would generally result in a lower ratio of inf/art.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Hreinhold posted:

That's supposed to be two armies with a 24k/18k/6k split of inf/art/eng plus dragoons/hussars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Download pdm and only use arty

• Locked thread