Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A compatibility test app for Legend of Grimrock 2 has been released. It just displays an in-engine 3D scene and plays some music, but it might be useful if you're not sure your system can hack it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Badass. After I read a few chapters from the Bible I'm gonna hop on this game some more.

Worst gimmick account ever.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

corn in the bible posted:

having a button mashing sequence at all is loving terrible.

Thanks a fuckin' lot, Shenmue. I'm glad you're dead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mung Dynasty posted:

You take that back! :negative:.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

having a button mashing sequence at all is loving terrible.

It all depends on execution. You can make QTEs a chore by throwing them in for pointless time-wasting crap like forcing open a jammed door, which is what most QTEs are, or you can make the player feel like he's "contributing" by doing what MGR:R did with its boss finisher QTEs.

Damegane fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 9, 2014

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Damegane posted:

It all depends on execution. You can make QTEs a chore by throwing them in for pointless time-wasting crap like forcing open a jammed door, which is what most QTEs are, or you can make the player feel like he's "contributing" by doing what MGR:R did with its boss finisher QTEs.

Bayonetta. When you use a finishing move on something, it always kills them, but if you mash buttons you can earn more points. And more blood. And more money. And get free poo poo if you max it out.

Mung Dynasty posted:

Shenmue is probably in my top 10 games of all time. Everything after the first game, isn't.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

revdrkevind posted:

Shenmue is probably in my top 10 games of all time. Everything after the first game, isn't.

Shenmue II was far and away better than the first game in every respect though :confused:.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Shenmue II was far and away better than the first game in every respect though :confused:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-AXuqkL7WQ

No. No, it wasn't.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Sorry you don't understand the value of a hard work, moving goods with the power of your own two hands rather than relying on machines. I bet you don't even know where to find sailors.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Jesus, I wish I hadn't clicked on that. Shenmue was absolutely beautiful in my memory's eye. :saddowns:

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Cool, got my FF13 key from GMG.

Now to download 60GB...

Dr. Video Games 0089
Apr 15, 2004

“Silent Blue - .random.”

I recently built my PC and have been playing games with a Dual Shock 3 controller using MotioninJoy/BetterDS3. I understand the PC is emulating the 360 driver since there isn't any official Dual Shock 3 drivers so games will display 360 prompts.

Is there a mod/fix out there that replaces the Xbox360 prompts to Playstation prompts?

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Dr. Video Games 0089 posted:

I recently built my PC and have been playing games with a Dual Shock 3 controller using MotioninJoy/BetterDS3. I understand the PC is emulating the 360 driver since there isn't any official Dual Shock 3 drivers so games will display 360 prompts.

Is there a mod/fix out there that replaces the Xbox360 prompts to Playstation prompts?

On a game-by-game basis, maybe. But there's no general "make game display PS3 propts" mod you could install AFAIK.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
No, you would have to change the assets for each and every individual game if you want to do that. You'll get used to the 360 prompts.

Also MotioninJoy is malware.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Some games, like Phantasy Star Online 2 and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, do have PS3/PS4 button prompts, but it's very rare.

Dr. Video Games 0089
Apr 15, 2004

“Silent Blue - .random.”

Hace posted:

Also MotioninJoy is malware.

:eng101: BetterDS3 is a malware-less alternative, I only listed MotioninJoy because it was required to install the drivers

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

There are half a dozen things out there that are better than BetterDS3.

DS3:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

DS4:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-Another-fork-another-thread
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-yet-another-DualShock-4-driver

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wanted to bind printscreen to my controller (not or Steam but for another game that uses that key) so I decided to try ds4windows which promises keyboard mapping, but printscreen isn't one of the keys I can map? Is it a special system key and can't be accessed by programs that way?

edit:

There are some missing keys...

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 9, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0089
Apr 15, 2004

“Silent Blue - .random.”

Why is it better? I actually tried XInput a bit when I was trying to configure stuff but I like BetterDS3's UI.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
How's Hammerwatch?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I want an actual Corporate Simulator, this made me sad upon learning what kind of game it was.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Can I opt out of getting all these coupons?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Why is it better? I actually tried XInput a bit when I was trying to configure stuff but I like BetterDS3's UI.

I really like betterds3's UI too. Especially for things like binding keyboard buttons to controller buttons for games that don't support controllers.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

VodeAndreas posted:

I gave up on 100% Synchronisation immediately but I think I'll keep playing for a while out of self loathing and some interest in seeing the end of Desmond's plot (that I could just look up on Youtube).
Haha ha haha :shepicide::shepicide:

But yeah even with me doing that (I still don't know why. :v:) It has so much things that needed a bit more polish to make it good but the final product just wasn't. AC3 is by far the worst entry in the series, I still had fun with it though.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Naky was telling me he went to load up his AC3 99% sync save out of boredom to finally polish it off. Uplay ate the save :shepicide:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ryuga Death posted:

How's Hammerwatch?

I bought it for 3 dollars during a sale and got bored quickly, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Never has :ubisoft: been so appropriate.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ryuga Death posted:

How's Hammerwatch?

A lot of fun.

Pretty simplistic though. There are a couple good puzzles, but otherwise it's just smashing dudes. Better with friends, of course.

On another note, what is with these indie game coupons. I logged in to 6 of the drat things. I don't think I want to buy it that badly.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Steam Weekend Sale: Focus Interactive

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/focusweekend2014

Too many things to list. Stock up on all your favorite Spiders games!!!!! Also Sherlock

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The big reason is always going to be MotioninJoy. The adspace is sold to whovever in china and it has big-time 'sure go ahead and download, run, and install anything' loopholes in the way its designed. Right now it's only just malware. Relying on that driver is still pretty lovely when the controllers can be synced and recognized with Windows alone and turned into an Xinput wrapper without any driver.

A secondary reason for me is a "set it and forget it" solution. I can set the program to start with my computer. The controller was already synced to my computer previously so by pressing the PS button, boom, 360 controller is connected.

A third reason for DS4 only is that with these forks the DS4 touchpad works pretty well as a mouse. With the first DS4 programs it was kind of poo poo but now it's alright. You know games with 'partial' controller support where you have to click OK to launch the game, or game menus where the controller doesn't work even though it works during gameplay? gently caress those games. Now I can do it all from the couch.

If you like BetterDS3 and have it set up nicely now, go ahead and keep using it. If it ain't broke don't fix it. If you have a new computer or OS install, I really urge you to try something else. These forks are getting updated frequently and there's no telling when going through Motioninjoy to install the driver will be more than just some light spyware you can remove.

404notfound posted:

Can I opt out of getting all these coupons?

Nope! You can throw them away though.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/trashbot

Samurai Sanders posted:

I wanted to bind printscreen to my controller (not or Steam but for another game that uses that key) so I decided to try ds4windows which promises keyboard mapping, but printscreen isn't one of the keys I can map? Is it a special system key and can't be accessed by programs that way?

edit:

There are some missing keys...
My laptop doesn't have print screen and it's some weird combination of keys. If a Steam screenshot isn't enough for you consider Xpadder. There is an older version that's free but the newer ones are not free.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 9, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Jordan7hm posted:

A lot of fun.

Pretty simplistic though. There are a couple good puzzles, but otherwise it's just smashing dudes. Better with friends, of course.

On another note, what is with these indie game coupons. I logged in to 6 of the drat things. I don't think I want to buy it that badly.

I might get it if it had better characters. People I could go "Oh, I can play as them again!". Maybe I should play more indie games, but eh.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Azran posted:

Dead Space has a section where, after being led to believe that save station + bench = safe spot, if you use the bench in the room, during the zoom out animation you'll have a Necromorph behind you.
It also had one fall on you in the elevator loading screen. I was busy dancing when one dropped on me and punched me in the face.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Quest For Glory II posted:

Steam Weekend Sale: Focus Interactive

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/focusweekend2014

Too many things to list. Stock up on all your favorite Spiders games!!!!! Also Sherlock

Are any of those RPGs worth the £2-3 ish? Cheap RPGs are tempting but I don't really want to waste my money on poo poo.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
FFXIII port thoughts: the fact that this is running at 95% speed on my new PC which is currently equipped with nothing but integrated graphics is a solid sign. It has slight frame drop in battles and that's all I'm seeing.

Not much to tweak in-game, though, I'll probably poke at the files in a little and see if there's any .ini tweaking or whatever that can be done outside. Most in-game options relate to gameplay and/or what you want to control the thing with.

Sazh still rocks.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Ryuga Death posted:

How's Hammerwatch?

It's okay. Nothing amazing and probably more Gauntlet-like than the new Gauntlet is but at the same time it just feels like an unfinished mess. The campaign can be an absolute slog especially without friends since there is an amazing amount of backtracking if you missed a switch which is quite easy to do. It does have a map editor but there hasn't been real use made of it. The few campaigns people have worked on I hear are garbage or still incomplete probable garbage. I was told by a buddy that they've released a new campaign but I haven't checked out how that is yet.

All be told it could be a lot more but falls quite short of the mark.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Humble Indiecade Bundle 2

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

$1
Cube & Star
A Slow Year
LYNE

BTA
ibb & obb double pack
Proteus

$8+
Mini Metro
Artemis Spaceship Bridge double pack

Seems to be mostly "Games Are Art" games this time, and I'm pretty sure Artemis Spaceship is literally a Star Trek LARPing game

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 9, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lyne is a pretty cool puzzle game

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Here's my FF13 review:

45GB download, 58GB on the hard drive, no 1080p support, forced 720p.

gently caress. YOU. SQUARE.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Grawl posted:

Here's my FF13 review:

45GB download, 58GB on the hard drive, no 1080p support, forced 720p.

gently caress. YOU. SQUARE.

FFXIII is poo poo and I am in no way defending it nor Squeenix but

You payed less than console version. The file size is huge, but it's about that much on the Blu-ray disc. It runs at 720p on consoles and probably with a worse framerate. You can force fancy AA and other stuff with your video card. Maybe it'll be 1080p in a week after people find the right ini to mess with and even if not you're getting a better experience for cheaper than the console equivalent. Don't be that entitled PC gamer because it's not 1080p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Is it just me or does NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst go on sale all the time?

• Locked thread