Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Organs
Feb 13, 2014

i still play gears 3 on 360 it owns. still a few thousand people playing every day. if they did some kind of hd rerelease they might as well make it multiplayer-only and use gears 3 as a base with maps from other games put into the engine and updated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

bluegoon posted:

Can any euro goons give some input on Titanfall (Xbox One)? Are there any people playing, is it p2p or on dedicated servers?

Does it really matter if there's almost no one playing Titanfall? The game sizes are so small (isn't it still 6v6?) that unless there are fewer than like 500 people playing at any given time, it seems it shouldn't be that hard to find a game unless you really hate the popular game types. I'm still hoping to pick it up for $10 or as a GWG at some point.

But also gently caress them for not being aware that the MP3 was invented, and putting 40 GB of uncompressed audio or whatever in their game. I guess they really hate people using SDDs or something.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

It's a lot better than Destiny, it's a lot lot better than infamous second son, and its a lot lot lot lot better than driveclub :classiclol:

I put more hours into infamous than I did in titanfall before I traded it (titanfall) in. Destiny isn't even in the same ballpark and I've probably played it 10 times more than titanfall. I've played loving bound by flame more and that game is truly awful. Titanfall is terrible sorry.

Also destiny owns forever thanks.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Saladman posted:

Does it really matter if there's almost no one playing Titanfall? The game sizes are so small (isn't it still 6v6?) that unless there are fewer than like 500 people playing at any given time, it seems it shouldn't be that hard to find a game unless you really hate the popular game types. I'm still hoping to pick it up for $10 or as a GWG at some point.

But also gently caress them for not being aware that the MP3 was invented, and putting 40 GB of uncompressed audio or whatever in their game. I guess they really hate people using SDDs or something.

I think there's an elaborate conspiracy that by increasing the file size to some gently caress off huge level, they deter piracy.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Saladman posted:

Last I heard, 2/3 titan types are still gated behind the 'campaign mode' and getting that to fire on PC is very difficult. Maybe they patched in a way around that since?

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

You must have a stroke everytime you think of the WiiU if you believe this.

Don't worry, the Wii U can't hold anything back as it doesn't have any 3rd party games.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

If you want the best looking version of a game, shouldn't you just buy the PC version?

That's what I don't get about console warriors: if people truly only wanted the best looking experience, they'd be shoving a $500 video card in their PCs, right, but I'm betting almost nobody ITT giggling at 900p is doing that.
Hi.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

bluegoon posted:

I think there's an elaborate conspiracy that by increasing the file size to some gently caress off huge level, they deter piracy.

It's multiplayer only. The only reason I can think of is that they used a library for the bone's dedicated audio hardware provided by Microsoft, but instead of licensing some middleware for the PC version, they just went :effort:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

It's huge on the xbone as well iirc.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

RBX posted:

Dont even joke, I dont want to spend over $500 in a second. :(

I want windows 3.11 in glorious 1080p too.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Soul Glo posted:

If you want the best looking version of a game, shouldn't you just buy the PC version?

That's what I don't get about console warriors: if people truly only wanted the best looking experience, they'd be shoving a $500 video card in their PCs, right, but I'm betting almost nobody ITT giggling at 900p is doing that.

As sad as I am that is what I am doing exactly, two 980s soon to be ordered :getin: to replace my two radeons

I in no way condone this behaviour or consider it the right thing to be doing.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

peter gabriel posted:

As sad as I am that is what I am doing exactly, two 980s soon to be ordered :getin: to replace my two radeons

I in no way condone this behaviour or consider it the right thing to be doing.

isnt the 980 like 5 or 6 hundred dollars? Are you dropping over 1000 on video cards? you dummy

im jealous

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
im rocking a quaint little gtx 660. luckily my monitor is a 15inch crt with a max res of 1024 x 768

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

1080p144 monitor. Doom feels so right at high frequencies :getin:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

isnt the 980 like 5 or 6 hundred dollars? Are you dropping over 1000 on video cards? you dummy

im jealous

Yes, and this is why consoles are a good idea, you don't suffer from idiotic PC GAMER logic like I do.

The way I figure it is this (I know it is stupid). My PC at the moment just about beats one 980 but two 980s would beat mine pretty easily, also I want the per eye SLI for when my Rift DK2 arrives in a couple of days.

So you see it makes perfect sense, I can also put my 'old' GPUs in my second PC so in that context it all seems like the only real logical road that my life can take at this point, the right thing to do.

But more importantly it will beat my mates PC in benchmarks so when you throw that into the mix then it becomes no longer an optional upgrade but a compulsory one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not just over $1000 on video cards, but over $1000 on worse performance than $500 in some games.

Hooray SLI.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Aphrodite posted:

Not just over $1000 on video cards, but over $1000 on worse performance than $500 in some games.

Hooray SLI.

The future is indeed bright

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

The future is indeed bright

Thanks to people like you, I can get games looking and running pretty much the same on a 200$ GPU and 1080p 60hz monitor, just by turning AA down and disabling bloom and DoF that look like poo poo anyways, God Bless :patriot:

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Arzachel posted:

Thanks to people like you, I can get games looking and running pretty much the same on a 200$ GPU and 1080p 60hz monitor, just by turning AA down and disabling bloom and DoF that look like poo poo anyways, God Bless :patriot:

I have no idea why people like bloom. I would turn it off even if it dropped my frame rate by 10 rather than adding to it. PC will always be the master race as long as I have the option of turning off dumb poo poo like bloom or motion blur in games that do it in an obnoxious manner.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Arzachel posted:

It's a service I am happy to provide, it's tough out here in idiot land but the results are worth it to help out hard working PC Gaming soldiers like you friend.

I suspect however that you owe a bigger debt of thanks to our console owning buddies out there as their low powered systems force game devs to cater to humble hardware and you are feeling the benefit of that.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Every time I come to this thread it's like walking into a public men's room with only stalls. I know I walked into the right room but nothing looks right, also there are atleast two dudes loving each other.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

Don't worry, the Wii U can't hold anything back as it doesn't have any 3rd party games.

And is the best console this generation as a result. lol if you think 3rd party devs like Ubisoft and EA publish good AAA games.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bluegoon posted:

It deters piracy by being a bad game. The file size is just a bonus.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Is piracy a thing yet on the new consoles?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Texibus posted:

I know I walked into the right room...there are atleast two dudes loving each other.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

How many p's can crafty fit down his throat?

Not enough. Never enough

Texibus
May 18, 2008

You got a future at fox news.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

It's a service I am happy to provide, it's tough out here in idiot land but the results are worth it to help out hard working PC Gaming soldiers like you friend.

I suspect however that you owe a bigger debt of thanks to our console owning buddies out there as their low powered systems force game devs to cater to humble hardware and you are feeling the benefit of that.

The biggest PC games tend to run on toasters (see Dota/LoL, Civ, anything Blizzard makes) so I don't think consoles have the effect many believe. Most people swearing about bi-annual upgrades recall the time before unified shaders became a thing. Back then, games just straight up wouldn't start due to your GPU missing features, but right now nearly everything uses DX9 still, and you can run that with a GT8800, if you wanted to.

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I have no idea why people like bloom. I would turn it off even if it dropped my frame rate by 10 rather than adding to it. PC will always be the master race as long as I have the option of turning off dumb poo poo like bloom or motion blur in games that do it in an obnoxious manner.

I still can't believe that people like ENB mods.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 9, 2014

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The 970 is more efficient per dollar spent, and if you are a true PC gamer you want the most efficient machine possible for the cheapest price

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fried Watermelon posted:

The 970 is more efficient per dollar spent, and if you are a true PC gamer you want the most efficient machine possible for the cheapest price

But 980 is a bigger number than 970

Arzachel posted:

but right now nearly everything uses DX9 still, and you can run that with a GT8800, if you wanted to.

OK, thanks for the lesson :lol:

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Soul Glo posted:

Speaking of, when I look at 2015, I'm more hyped for Xbone exclusives than PS4. Xbox'll have Scalebound, Tomb Raider 2 (at least for 9-12 months, I guess), Inside, Below, Halo 5, Quantum Break and Crackdown.

PS4'll have Bloodborne (which I'm very excited about), Uncharted 4 (it looks pretty, but I'm not a huge fan of the series and The Order which hasn't had great word of mouth the last time it was shown off. PS4 also has No Man's Sky, but that's hitting PC too. Plus whatever surprises may hit both consoles.

Even through the end of this year, Xbox gets Sunset Overdrive and a Halo collection. Does the PS4 have anything else exclusive this year outside of Driveclub which Forza H2 is apparently trouncing in the quality department?

http://www.listwar.com/upcoming-games/

I also doubt Crackdown One or Scalebound will be 2015. QB might.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

Yeah, I am hyped as heck for Crackdown and Scalebound, but considering that they havent even shown real footage of either of them I wouldnt bet on either of them being out within the next 12 months.

Fable is fairly soon i think. And the beta thing starts in like a week.

WinnebagoWarrior fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 9, 2014

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Fable is due out in February. And the beta thing starts in like a week I think.

Who still gives a poo poo about Fable? Those games are terrible.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
im excited for next gen future games Grand Theft Auto 5 as well as Metal Gear Solid 5 to debut on the PC

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

RangerAce posted:

Fable is a love it or hate it kind of thing in general, and the new one isnt really even a Fable game. Its focused on some sort of asymmetrical co-op/pvp thing.

I dont like Fable either for the most part. I kinda liked the original. Fable 2 is my best friends favorite game of the last generation and I disliked it so much that I get mad just thinking about it.

I will give the new one a shot, but just because it doesnt seem anything like the Fable 2.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Fable Legends, if I'm remembering the game correctly, sounds like the asymmetric multiplayer game every Nintendo diehard was foaming at the mouth for when the Wii U GamePad was showed off but still hasn't hit that console. Like, four dudes in an arena-type area with one human throwing baddies and traps at them.

I think FL will occupy the same "casual multiplayer" landscape as PvZ: Garden Warfare, and that could be pretty good. At this point I don't think I'd bother with a mainline Fable game, after only ever enjoying the first one.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

RangerAce posted:

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

the new one isnt really even a Fable game. Its focused on some sort of asymmetrical co-op/pvp thing.

This. The new Fable seems nothing like the previous entries and actually looks interesting. I love Dungeon Master vs Players type of experiences. This could be really cool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

And is the best console this generation as a result. lol if you think 3rd party devs like Ubisoft and EA publish good AAA games.

The Wii U isn't a console, it's a handheld.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

I put more hours into infamous than I did in titanfall before I traded it (titanfall) in. Destiny isn't even in the same ballpark and I've probably played it 10 times more than titanfall. I've played loving bound by flame more and that game is truly awful. Titanfall is terrible sorry.

Also destiny owns forever thanks.

Congratulations, you are in the special minority. Reviews don't mean everything and people are entitled to their wrong opinions but you're really raging against the machine here. Second son is the worst reviewing infamous game (until first light, which did even worse still) and destiny was panned. I think titanfall was pretty good. To call it worse than a game that is 'truly awful' just reveals your bias.

Tune in next week for stux's defense of driveclub, and how it's head and shoulders above the truly awful forza horizon 2

"it's just misunderstood!" he cries.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Crafty posted:

Congratulations, you are in the special minority. Reviews don't mean everything and people are entitled to their wrong opinions but you're really raging against the machine here. Second son is the worst reviewing infamous game (until first light, which did even worse still) and destiny was panned. I think titanfall was pretty good. To call it worse than a game that is 'truly awful' just reveals your bias.

Tune in next week for stux's defense of driveclub, and how it's head and shoulders above the truly awful forza horizon 2

"it's just misunderstood!" he cries.

Is Driveclub really poo poo? I mean hyperbole aside? If so :lol: that's loving awesome ha ha

it's also somewhat amazing that you say in one sentence that reviews don't mean everything and then cite reviews as to how good a game is / isn't, and you of all people trying to call someone out on their 'bias'.

Keep up the laughs man, I love this :)

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Destiny's competitive multiplayer is better than Titanfall's, and that's all Titanfall is.

Both games are obviously stripped down versions of what they were planned to be but value proposition like woah

• Locked thread