Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It's a good design, the friction burned limbs convey a extreme level of speed and keep it from looking like a giant banana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

muscles like this? posted:

It's kind of interesting to see how the costume is almost exactly the same but not quite.

It is the same costume, look at the boots, they are still a little red. Which means he stole one and simple spray painted it over, which is kind of perfect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

That poster is awesome as hell and I think it's actually a shopped Gustin in the Zoom get up, so don't try to figure out who's Zoom.

I'm pretty sure we know who it is anyway.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So you think it's the guy that's dating his crush or Cavanaugh (or that they are the same guy :wth: )

I know Thawn is Zoom in the comics but they could change it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
They do have a history of thinking they go one way and then another aka Tommy in season 1 of Arrow.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Could be a future relative? But I think making Thawn a time traveling rear end in a top hat who keeps loving with Barry is more interesting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

Could be a future relative? But I think making Thawn a time traveling rear end in a top hat who keeps loving with Barry is more interesting.

Unless they changed it from the leaked pilot a few months back Thawn definitely has some sort of way of communicating with the future

Edit: Nothing to see here folks.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 9, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Unless they changed it from the leaked pilot a few months back Thawn definitely has some sort of way of communicating with the future

I think you might want to check the character names again.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And I still think Ed being evil is so obvious that'll swerve the other way and he'll be, at worst, a misguided good guy who 'let' the explosion happen so Barry can stop the Crisis.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

And I still think Ed being evil is so obvious that'll swerve the other way and he'll be, at worst, a misguided good guy who 'let' the explosion happen so Barry can stop the Crisis.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of (Harrison) Wells. Ed is the cop.

Deadpool posted:

I think you might want to check the character names again.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That's Wells. Ed is the cop.

Wrong Ed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's Wells. Ed is the cop.

Tom Cavanaugh played the titular character on a show called Ed.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Sorry, I don't share the exact same cultural frame of reference as you guys. :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jesse Martin is Detective Green, not Ed, silly. :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sorry, I don't share the exact same cultural frame of reference as you guys. :(

I've never seen that show, but I know about it, and am pretty sure that's at least half the reason I made that mistake.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Gaz-L posted:

But Detective Green was Ed too, just not Ed Ed

Jesus, it's Ed's all the way down.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hang on, I'm sure we can find something Danielle Panabaker was in where she was called Ed...

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

Goddammit, I listen to the Mike and Tom Eat Snacks podcast religiously and I had no idea he was that guy.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

And I still think of him as Tom Collins from Rent.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Despite everything going wrong with the city, Jim Gordan's fiance literally has the greatest apartment that's ever existed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's exactly the kind of stupid thing that bugs me in WB style shows. It reminds me of the CG Spider-man MTV cartoon, where struggling photog Peter Parker lived in a ridiculously lavish penthouse.

Thinking about that bad show and the cues it takes from Smallville has suddenly made me realize that Smallville just turned young Lex Luthor into Harry Osborn. No wonder that dynamic was so compelling, despite the show's many flaws.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

That's exactly the kind of stupid thing that bugs me in WB style shows. It reminds me of the CG Spider-man MTV cartoon, where struggling photog Peter Parker lived in a ridiculously lavish penthouse.

Thinking about that bad show and the cues it takes from Smallville has suddenly made me realize that Smallville just turned young Lex Luthor into Harry Osborn. No wonder that dynamic was so compelling, despite the show's many flaws.

To be fair to the show, they make it clear early on it's her place, not his. And in the MTV Spidey show, wasn't he living with Harry Osborn, heir to the Osborn fortune. (I know that's what he did in the comics at least, I watched the MTV cartoon but don't remember a ton of details)

But seriously, it's just an amazing apartment. Loft with a wall of glass, that has to be north facing, then another wall that's a loving transparent clock face. Next time someone asks me what I'd do if I won the lottery, I have an answer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Property values in Gotham can't be very high.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Aphrodite posted:

Property values in Gotham can't be very high.

The insurance rates have to be terrible to balance things out. "Would you like the comprehensive supervillain policy or Gotham-only supervillain package?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Trast posted:

The insurance rates have to be terrible to balance things out. "Would you like the comprehensive supervillain policy or Gotham-only supervillain package?"

"Oh sorry, attacks from Apokalips are considered 'Acts of God', and aren't covered by your premium."

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

"Oh sorry, attacks from Apokolips are considered 'Acts of God', and aren't covered by your premium."
I wonder if having your home shot up by Maxie Zeus falls under that.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 10, 2014

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Yup. She lives in a clocktower. Just like her niece/daughter who has the same name. What's really sad is that this is the most subtle reference in the show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yup. She lives in a clocktower. Just like her niece/daughter who has the same name. What's really sad is that this is the most subtle reference in the show.

It's her daughter, and in some versions that's literally the case. She gets the clocktower from her parents.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

First actual promo images from Daredevil will be shown at NYCC later tonight (and probably some footage) and Marvel have put out some concept art to hype it. I'd presume he'll get a proper costume too but taking from Man Without Fear is the best start since it is custom built for a film/tv adaptation.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, i on a whim bought season 1 Arrow, and uh, i feel really dumb for not watching this from day one.

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
First Powers trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P02QmncDOzM

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Thurm posted:

First Powers trailer.
I hope that was Grant Morrison at 1:02.

edit: Overall, uh, pretty underwhelming (some (or any) color-grading would help!). The punch-to-logo was the best part.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 11, 2014

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Hoooo boy that does not look good.

Even Copley's accent isn't terrible enough.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, I haven't read Powers, but I don't really get anything interesting out of that trailer.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Started out bad, but the last seconds kind of redeemed it. The lack of focus on actual superheroes (like, in a costume and everything) is really weird.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's also a really weird take on it. Like, I get that they maybe wanted something a bit more 'protagonist' for Walker, and Bendis and Oeming certainly added that to the comics later, but between that and Gotham, I think either TV is a bad fit for that kind of comic-book procedural, or producers misunderstand the charm.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Nice to see that the show looks just as boring as Bendis's pitch was during that Sony E3 conference.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hard to say either way without them talking to each other since that's like 90% of it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Why does it feel like every 3rd word was Powers and every 4th was gently caress?

Helena, the mobsters daughter, that was meant to be Huntress correct?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, every 4th word in the Powers comic IS gently caress, so that's accurate.

And if you mean in Arrow, yes. I believe they even use the name in her next appearance.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 11, 2014