Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
That puppy makes me poo poo!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

whaley posted:

That puppy makes me poo poo!!!

What a talented dog.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Heh... in that case, the dog must be the employee of the month, since he's the only one producing content at all!

See the joke there is that the dog produces a physical product, that being feces. Given the always-running brouhaha about the game's state of completion, I played the "the company (Chucklefish) never produces anything." card, which is both well-worn and some would say just too 2013 to stay relevant. It can also be inferred that despite being poo poo, the dog is ahead of the curve by actually making something at all! This plays back into the lack of perceived content you see. This is very fresh comedy.

But this all depends on one key thing: Will people make the connection between the intended "The dog shits" rather than "The dog makes whaley poo poo" that he actually said? Time will tell. Its a gamble, but I really think it'll pay dividends in the end. Very fresh, you see.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dandywalken posted:

Heh... in that case, the dog must be the employee of the month, since he's the only one producing content at all!

See the joke there is that the dog produces a physical product, that being feces. Given the always-running brouhaha about the game's state of completion, I played the "the company (Chucklefish) never produces anything." card, which is both well-worn and some would say just too 2013 to stay relevant. It can also be inferred that despite being poo poo, the dog is ahead of the curve by actually making something at all! This plays back into the lack of perceived content you see. This is very fresh comedy.

But this all depends on one key thing: Will people make the connection between the intended "The dog shits" rather than "The dog makes whaley poo poo" that he actually said? Time will tell. Its a gamble, but I really think it'll pay dividends in the end. Very fresh, you see.

You just :thejoke:'d yourself. Grats.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

RandomBlue posted:

You just :thejoke:'d yourself. Grats.

:thejoke:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

:thejoke:

SometimesMany times :thejoke: is stupid and :thejoke:ing yourself is pretty stupid.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

This is what the thread is like when the threadshitters aren't around. You'd honestly prefer this?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

OwlFancier posted:

Starhound.

Finally got one!

DogStarbound

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Babe Magnet posted:

This is what the thread is like when the threadshitters aren't around. You'd honestly prefer this?

Yes. :colbert: This is at least making me laugh. Dare I say we're being...Starclowned? :v:

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
RockStarbound

http://www.caffeineinformer.com/energy-drink-side-effects

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

It's gonna be hard to beat Starhound.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
http://gfycat.com/WhiteWavyKilldeer

Stuff like that makes me happy. I was wanting to mod in a mining helmet light and it was impossible at the time. I hope this means guns can have flashlights on them too

The Worst Lurker
Dec 12, 2012
This thread is so bad that I starfrowned.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Time to send it to the starpound

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Apparently some of you were born with Stardown's.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Let's run this poo poo into the Starground

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
This thread has me stardown in the stardumps.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Rrussom posted:

This thread has me stardown in the stardumps.

Not bad

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Who had the story about the dude with 500 hours in the game complaining that he was Starboned again?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Who had the story about the dude with 500 hours in the game complaining that he was Starboned again?

I Stargroaned.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Same, when it was found out the launcher kept running in the background and was increasing people's displayed amount of hours played.

A shameful launcher.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
So, I tried a bit of the nightly release and it seems they're taking it in the right direction.

Don't know if it was intended or not but the hunger mechanic was missing which actually made the game way more enjoyable. Strapping on a hunger mechanic is always way more attractive in theory than it is in practice and the only game that has this without being annoying to me is 'Don't starve'. And that's because it's a central theme rather than just some extra busywork.

Now I could just start loving around on the planet instead of having to establish a farm and starve to death a couple of times trying to get meat while the plants slowly grew.

I also enjoyed the matter manipulator changes.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Ahundredbux posted:

So, I tried a bit of the nightly release and it seems they're taking it in the right direction.

Don't know if it was intended or not but the hunger mechanic was missing which actually made the game way more enjoyable. Strapping on a hunger mechanic is always way more attractive in theory than it is in practice and the only game that has this without being annoying to me is 'Don't starve'. And that's because it's a central theme rather than just some extra busywork.

Now I could just start loving around on the planet instead of having to establish a farm and starve to death a couple of times trying to get meat while the plants slowly grew.

Sounds like this was actually intentional:

Some rear end in a top hat posted:

Next week we’ll be reworking the food and hunger system in ways that make it less of a chore and more of a bonus.

So I guess it's probably not just going to stay like completely removed like it currently is, but at least it's going to move towards a better direction that's not just extra busywork, as you put it. This seems like... a really good idea.

Hopefully this means, at the very least, that starvation won't actually kill you, you'll just lose out on some nice buff benefits. The new status system is unbelievably powerful so I've got high hopes here.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

XboxPants posted:

Hopefully this means, at the very least, that starvation won't actually kill you, you'll just lose out on some nice buff benefits. The new status system is unbelievably powerful so I've got high hopes here.

Starvation could add a small debuff of some sort if they wanted. Like lowering max health until you eat.

Though I agree that the current implementation on stable is just a hindrance and not entertaining.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mokinokaro posted:

Starvation could add a small debuff of some sort if they wanted. Like lowering max health until you eat.

Though I agree that the current implementation on stable is just a hindrance and not entertaining.

Stable implementing "Sitting in a chair pauses hunger (because there is no pause button)" was the BEST thing for my needs. If I got to deal with something, I don't want to make a choice between either starving to death being a given, or quitting and having to go literally halfway around and down the world to get back where I left off.

Is there a pause button in nightly? I get why there would not be one in Multiplayer but it always drives me crazy when there is no pause in single player modes. Not even 'hold on while I go through my inventory', pause. Just plain old putting the game on hold.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
The quality of those Starbound puns is similar to that of the game.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Welcome back.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Afraid of Audio posted:

The quality of those Starbound puns is similar to that of the game.

As it should be.

Welcome back, hero.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Starbound is an amazing game. Far better than the 90% of the games on steam. Hell, it's still on the top 100 most played list. I'm gonna go starbate again.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
I got this and I love the concept, but is it basically true I can't make durasteel bars because the furnace isn't in the version I'm using? I'm on steam..

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
iirc Durasteel isn't a furnace item; you craft it at one of the higher-tech benches you unlock by beating bosses.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The White Dragon posted:

iirc Durasteel isn't a furnace item; you craft it at one of the higher-tech benches you unlock by beating bosses.

It's crafted using titanium the same way you make steel using iron.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

So, technically, yes, the furnace you use to craft durasteel isn't in the version you're using.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Ahh, thanks for the heads up. I couldn't find it in the list. I think I'll check again.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

http://playstarbound.com/october-14th-interface-foundations/

Arcade machines are in.

https://twitter.com/StarboundGame/status/522132426894880769

Apparently a stable update is inbound. (When? Who knows.)

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Game is clearly dead, rip in peace

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rip ded game

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

The same update they said was inbound 2 weeks ago? Or is this the update they said was inbound 6 months ago?

anyone have that list of changes from a couple weeks ago thats supposed to be in this DEFINITELY COMING SOON NO FOR REAL THIS TIME patch?

Kly fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 15, 2014

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Got a foil card while building that.
Thanks Starbound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Kly posted:

The same update they said was inbound 2 weeks ago? Or is this the update they said was inbound 6 months ago?

Who cares, the game is dead. RIP

• Locked thread