Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
When can we buy Volume 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
glad you did something nice with your cash from it hurts dude

Ratchu
Dec 31, 2011

ok then i think ill never

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
your comic is good, you write good as hell female characters, and I'm using the wallpaper. grats on the marriage bro (and the regdate)

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
thanks gob for a funny comic

revealing yourself was a p good plot twist

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I like the Gobcast thingy

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Araenna posted:

Your comic is awesome and you are awesome.

Seriously each of your characters, even the smaller ones, are fantastic.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wicker Man posted:

So true!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I love Peeplops.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I bought your book and do not regret it even one bit. You do good work, man. Seriously, honestly, unironically good. Which is rare for a webcomic!

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I just blazed through this comic from start to finish. Never stop.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yo Gob, thanks again for the sketch of another one of Pasqualo's Dad's masterpieces in my book. It is the best.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 6, 2014

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Leroy Dennui posted:

What's Pasqualo's favorite anime?
Sailor Moon. A bit oldschool, but he basically grew up watching a bunch of VHS tapes his mom left behind.

Hellsau posted:

When can we buy Volume 2?
I'm not sure when I'll put out volume 2. I have up to comic 222 done right now, and almost all the comics I've drawn since comic 101 have been 6 panels or longer, buuuut I think I wanna have even more comics than the first volume in vol 2. Plus I'm trying to find a way to naturally "cap off" the volume like comic 116 did for volume 1 (that's the comic where Ally and Pasqualo walk away from the burning house). I wonder what I should do for the 2nd volume's cover. I was thinking maybe a more elaborate version of the panel where Pasqualo does the elecric cannonball with Trisssh in the pool flailing around but I dunno.

plain blue jacket posted:

glad you did something nice with your cash from it hurts dude
Oh man yeah. Thank you!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I like the Gobcast thingy
Thank you very much. It's pretty fun to record. Kind of a pain to edit, because I pause a lot when I talk because half the time if I'm talking about something that requires thought I try to choose my words really carefully. I'm paranoid of sounding like a dummy.

Wicker Man posted:

Shadeoses posted:

I love Peeplops.
Thank you thank you!! I like that little guy too. He's so weird. I still don't "understand" him at this point, hehe.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I bought your book and do not regret it even one bit. You do good work, man. Seriously, honestly, unironically good. Which is rare for a webcomic!
I'm happy you enjoy the book! Thank you for the sweet sweet money!

Accordion Man posted:

Yo Gob, thanks again for the sketch of another one of Pasqualo's Dad's masterpieces in my book. It is the best.
My God that was the most fun thing to draw. I have to go to a really strange place to find the things that Mr. Trianglini decides are worth painting.

Okay folks I'm gonna disappear for a bit. I really hope you guys like the next batch of comics I have stashed up. Take care, everyone! Thank you so much for reading!

Gobolatula fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 6, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey, Gob. Since you're answering fans' question now... Many posters caught bits and pieces of foreshadowing in early comics and it really looked like you think at least for months ahead. How far do you have the whole thing planned in your head?

Answer wherever you're around. It's not like I care or anything. Baka.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

holy poo poo that reg date
also yeah nice work gob! The comics awesome. peace.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Heya Gobs.
Just felt like saying that, when your comic is good, it's very good.
And when it's just okay, it's very just okay, which I think rounds up to good?
I'm not great at math.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Just want to point out this man should have a Patreon and we should be diverting funds into it from Aaron "Pay as you Go, buy me an assistant" Diaz

Just saying.

mooncity
Feb 15, 2014

You're so wet Cyntia. I cannot possibly describe how wet you are.

Literally Kermit posted:

Just want to point out this man should have a Patreon and we should be diverting funds into it from Aaron "Pay as you Go, buy me an assistant" Diaz

Just saying.

Seconded.

To quote Captain Jean Luc Picard... "Make it so!"

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Just saw "End of Pasqualo"; made me laugh, but it'd make more sense if Katie was in Allison's place.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
The guy who made that "Mark Goes to Hell" (non-canon!) comic did another guest mini-arc! He followed up with this:

Lame? Maybe. Overdone? Never Possibly. I liked it, though. :allears:

Someone said it was too wordy, lol. Buckley's most famous comic ironically has no words at all, but I'm pretty sure all the superfluous dialog is part of the joke.

The zombie nurse looks an awful like an infamous panel from another goon's comic, but it is likely a coincidence. If it isn't, I am not sure I want to go down that particular rabbit hole.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

It's far from a replacement for the real thing. Ten days till poo poo gets real again.

e:

quote:

Q. What is Pasqualo’s favorite anime?

A. Sailor Moon (the oldschool version). When his mom took off, she left behind a big pile of anime VHS tapes that Pasqualo grew up on.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Literally Kermit posted:

The guy who made that "Mark Goes to Hell" (non-canon!) comic did another guest mini-arc! He followed up with this:

Lame? Maybe. Overdone? Never Possibly. I liked it, though. :allears:

Someone said it was too wordy, lol. Buckley's most famous comic ironically has no words at all, but I'm pretty sure all the superfluous dialog is part of the joke.

The zombie nurse looks an awful like an infamous panel from another goon's comic, but it is likely a coincidence. If it isn't, I am not sure I want to go down that particular rabbit hole.

loving terrible as all hell. a worthy tribute to loss.jpg

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Loss will never not be funny.

BeefyTaco
Nov 29, 2007

Squirtle, you cannot use fire. You are a water pokemon.
Holy poo poo, this comic.

I happened to glance at this thread, and it grabbed my interest enough to check out the comic. Somehow this weird little thing compelled me to keep reading, and then like many of you I was hooked after strip 100 (it was clear SOMETHING bad would happen, but I didn't think it would be THAT bad). Then it just kept getting better and better. Also like many of you, I bought the book immediately after finishing the archives, and it came today! Since I couldn't think of a good idea for a sketch, I just asked Gob to surprise me, and the result was more wonderful than I could have imagined.

(Sealed with a pink pony!)

Gob, if you're still reading, thank you so much! This is amazing, and you are amazing. Gonna make that sandwich ASAP!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I highly approve of Ally's tastes.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Toasted rye + cheese + meat + mustard is the best. Learned it through my own experiments when I was about 6.

Well done Gob for spreading the good word.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Dude knows the gospel of horseradish mustard. He can do no wrong.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

See it's these subtleties that differentiate It Hurts!! from other webcomics

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Sure took me a while to realize the apron reads "kick the cook". That sketch gives off a Life in Hell vibe to me.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
:siren: EARLY RETURN FROM HIATUS! :siren:

quote:

Hi folks. IT HURTS will be back this Monday, 10/13/14. See you soon!

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
excellent

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

'Sup Audio. Good to see you back.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

DRAWING STREAM

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Ah you poop tits!

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i love this stupid goddamn comic

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

same

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Afraid of Audio posted:

i love this stupid goddamn comic

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

not sure how i feel about the akira soundtrack drawing music tho

redacted, drawing soundtrack is good

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Please someone animate the last panel's thought bubble.

Also, I only tuned into the live drawing for a moment, but I loved Gob writing "I have never seen a dog IRL." Laughed at that.

• Locked thread