Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, is the Mustard Play comic coming tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Hockles posted:

Well, that certainly called up some bizarre mental images. Thank you for that.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Hockles posted:

Ostensibly. I may or may not have given the poor guy a script that required a TMM's amount of frames. Not such a bad concept if you work exclusively in lovely stick figures, but since he puts actual effort into things it's much more work on his end.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Toaster Beef posted:

Ostensibly. I may or may not have given the poor guy a script that required a TMM's amount of frames. Not such a bad concept if you work exclusively in lovely stick figures, but since he puts actual effort into things it's much more work on his end.

At least now when I harass you on twitter at 3 am as I'm going insane you can feel the pain of guilt

Here's a bunch of dumb logos I made for each division:
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/10/logos-for-each-nfl-division.html

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The NFCW logo is the best

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
That AFC South one is pretty great.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

The NFCW logo is the best

That is the best one. The mutant Pantherfalcon will haunt my dreams.

Although Pantherfalcon sounds like a dubbed in word for movies playing on network TV.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Athanatos posted:

Agreed :hfive:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

NFC East bias. I love pentagram devil with wings logo for the Washington Team

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

That is the best one. The mutant Pantherfalcon will haunt my dreams.

Although Pantherfalcon sounds like a dubbed in word for movies playing on network TV.

It's a pirate Panter-Falcon, from New Orleans... It's the reincarnation of Jean Lafitte :stonk:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Turn Down for Watt

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2014/10/10/much-mustard-turn-watt/

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

How long have you been waiting to say that? Also the comic is awesome.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Spoeank posted:

Geno, his passes wide

Ringless!

The Rivers Ringless, every winter

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I really enjoy this portrayal of Watt as a Greek tragedy

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

That wave loving killed me.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Holy hell this is great. The ending is so true though :(

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Athanatos posted:

Yeah I lost it there. That ruled

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Athanatos posted:

For me it was the satisfied pose at the end.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

GeneX posted:

For me it was the satisfied pose at the end.

It is rare I laugh at a panel I've drawn, but that one did it

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Toaster Beef posted:

It is rare I laugh at a panel I've drawn, but that one did it

My only Beef with that...no glorious beard on Fitzpatrick. Otherwise...love the styles.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Febreeze posted:

At least now when I harass you on twitter at 3 am as I'm going insane you can feel the pain of guilt

Here's a bunch of dumb logos I made for each division:
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/10/logos-for-each-nfl-division.html

Putting a helmet on it makes the Ravens logo look 12 times better. You're doing gods work son.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Is there anyone with GIMP that can help me figure out how to get this stupid gif I want to make to work? I'm trying to get the Bradley 'Ugh A-BORT' panels from Draw Play to play for a few seconds each, then have Jaxon disco across the field. But all my dialogue boxes have disappeared and I cant figure out how to get them back, or know how to implement the timing. I wanted to also have some kind of explosion going off in the background, but that's beyond my skill and probably over the size limit for an avatar.

Here's what I got so far on my Google Drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_IPqG7kolIanBHVVZIbnpXM28/view?usp=sharing

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Nothing from Big Bob this week? I need my fix!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Agronox posted:

Nothing from Big Bob this week? I need my fix!

He usually turns them in by Saturday night. Patience!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The long awaited collaboration comic between Me and Beef. Written by Beef, illustrated by me.

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-giants-prepare-for-the-eagles/

Next time we do this I might have to teach mr Beef what editors are for because gently caress 22 panels. Also I think our next collab should be Sexy Rexy vs Jeff George in the sexiest comic ever made.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Suspect Bucket posted:

Is there anyone with GIMP that can help me figure out how to get this stupid gif I want to make to work? I'm trying to get the Bradley 'Ugh A-BORT' panels from Draw Play to play for a few seconds each, then have Jaxon disco across the field. But all my dialogue boxes have disappeared and I cant figure out how to get them back, or know how to implement the timing. I wanted to also have some kind of explosion going off in the background, but that's beyond my skill and probably over the size limit for an avatar.

Here's what I got so far on my Google Drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_IPqG7kolIanBHVVZIbnpXM28/view?usp=sharing
There is... something fundamentally wrong with this gif and I can't salvage it. I'll make one from scratch when it isn't 5 in the morning.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Febreeze posted:

The long awaited collaboration comic between Me and Beef. Written by Beef, illustrated by me.

Next time we do this I might have to teach mr Beef what editors are for because gently caress 22 panels. Also I think our next collab should be Sexy Rexy vs Jeff George in the sexiest comic ever made.

That last panel was just perfect.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Yup last panel kills it.

Also loved "watch for sproles" on the whiteboard

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Febreeze posted:

That goofy smile Eli gives after getting his first question answered is fantastic.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Febreeze posted:

Eli is just so happy. :D

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Very well done.

More Eli: *raises hand* Coach, you forgot to assign us homework! :haw:

Hockles fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Oct 11, 2014

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

This is great and it gave me a very Calvin and Hobbes Sunday strip feel with the mixed illustration styles. Just great stuff as usual.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Athanatos posted:

It's literally Goku :goku:

Febreeze posted:

Also I think our next collab should be Sexy Rexy vs Jeff George in the sexiest comic ever made.

Yessssssssssss

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Oct 11, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Coughlin's face in the 13th panel is amazing. I can just hear him losing his patience

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

DJExile posted:

Coughlin's face in the 13th panel is amazing. I can just hear him losing his patience

The third and fourth panels got me, I cracked up when I saw 'em

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

The third and fourth panels got me, I cracked up when I saw 'em

hahahaha i just now noticed he raises his hand a little higher

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

DJExile posted:

This

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

Next time we do this I might have to teach mr Beef what editors are for because gently caress 22 panels.

Well that's the difference between your style and Beef's. He uses silent panels for comedic timing while you are usually doing something in each panel. That's more difficult to handle with your style since there's a LOT more actual drawing involved. Silent panels are obviously a lot easier when you're dealing with stick figures and don't have to illustrate everything (in COLOR, at that)

Not saying that one or the other is better, because it's hard to compare with such different styles. Preference wise I lean very slightly toward too much mustard but I really do like your work. And seriously, 22 panels or not, that poo poo was good.

You two working together, drat. I really really want to see sexy rexy vs. jeff george, that's for sure. I almost want to see it in the style of your first collaboration where some of it is stick figures like Rob does and some is your full illustration. I don't know how that will work but you guys have made it work before, so ...poo poo, just do it, it'll be awesome :)

I hope you fuckers one day get some real internet attention and hopefully even some money for this because the two of you are really the only football cartoonists that I find entertaining.

At least in your case Febreeze, you got on ESPN once, didn't you? It's gonna be a harder road for Beef with stick figures but I still hold out hope that he'll make it there one day too.

DJExile posted:

That's what got the biggest laugh out me.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 11, 2014

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Febreeze posted:

gently caress 22 panels

It was worth it, this is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Even if TMM did somehow overcome the handicap of its niche, it looks like a bunch of other, more successful comics and I've never been any good at self promotion. It's never going to be a 'big' thing or a paying gig. And I'm actually okay with that, because right now it's a really fun hobby and I worry about what'd happen if the pressures of popularity got involved. I don't want to end up resenting it.

Hell, one of the reasons (aside from abject laziness) I haven't yet promised a collection/book is that taking someone's money for something like TMM feels wrong somehow. I'm a simple dude with simple aspirations, and money gunks that up.

But who knows, maybe some lackey at ESPN or SBNation dicks around on the Internet and stumbles across TMM and the next thing I know I'm quitting my job and becoming the cartoonist I dreamt of being when I was little. poo poo's weird like that. I'm not planning on it, though.

Edit: There was a time there when I thought about always drawing the comic almost in the style of my latest one — some traced figures, a more realistic approach — but since I do every full comic at work with a mouse it'd mean dedicating time at home that I just don't have. For the best, anyway, since lovely stick figures work really well for what I do.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 11, 2014

• Locked thread