Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I really wish there wasn't a Statute of Limitations for dumb people and the poo poo they tell about "back in the day".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Lblitzer posted:

I really wish there wasn't a Statute of Limitations for dumb people and the poo poo they tell about "back in the day".

It's not admissable as evidence anyways, considering 90% of it is made up to sound tough.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Literal violent psychopath comments on modern society, finds it lacking.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

Man, I'm cool :c00lbert:

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Aphtonites posted:

Man, I'm cool :c00lbert:

My too cool and my selfish.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
I don't really understand what effect reposting would have. What is the point?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

karl fungus posted:

More hits for kidsinbaldcaps.com maybe?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

karl fungus posted:

It doesn't even raise 'awareness', it just 'honors' people.

It's not even slacktivism, it's subslactivism.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
It's also depressing as hell. Why would I want to log into Facebook and just stare at pictures of death?

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

karl fungus posted:

It's also depressing as hell. Why would I want to log into Facebook and just stare at pictures of death?

Because if you show people just how much cancer makes you sad, then it automatically makes life better for a kid with cancer. Suffering is a zero-sum game, if you feel guilty enough then you've done your part.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My mom doesn't think there'll be a cure for cancer in her lifetime; not because we're far off from curing all types of cancer, but because a cure wouldn't be profitable enough to market. Since, like pest control, you don't fully eliminate the problem you just control it a little so you have to call them back in three months. :geno:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

I get a strong Jim Branson vibe from this or whatever his name was from that snl skit with Will Ferrel in it.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
If showing sympathy on social media ever did anything, then we wouldn't have to sit through countless, non-specific "I'm sad :(" posts with varying numbers of "____ liked this" and comments mostly reading like "awww *hugs*"

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

This would be funny if it was a joke. The fact that it's not makes it hilarious.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

trapped mouse posted:

This would be funny if it was a joke. The fact that it's not makes it hilarious.

Krusty in the corner there is more unsettling than any conspiracy.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

RareAcumen posted:

My mom doesn't think there'll be a cure for cancer in her lifetime; not because we're far off from curing all types of cancer, but because a cure wouldn't be profitable enough to market. Since, like pest control, you don't fully eliminate the problem you just control it a little so you have to call them back in three months. :geno:

Don't we already have a cure for cancer with eating nuts and twigs and poo poo according to the super naturalists on Facebook? :tinfoil:

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

:stare:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

into the void posted:

Yup, this is absolutely true. I worked on a psych unit and we'd refer to the phenomenon as 'psych pts are magic': basically that the greater medical community seems to believe that if you have a psych problem, you are magically immune to all non psych illness. Chest pain? Send em to the psych unit. Blood in the stool? Send em to the psych unit. Covered in bed bug bites? Sounds like something for a psychiatrist. Better send em to the psych unit. I don't know how many schizophrenics or bipolar people we sent back to the ER because there was zero reason for acute psych care: they just happened to be mentally ill in the hospital.

Reminds me of the "transgender broken leg" attitude: if you're trans, any ailment is due to it. Depression? The trans. Flu? The trans. Broken leg? The trans.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ahahaha! This is amazing.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

As opposed to other kinds of breathing that -do- require you to be cis? What kinds of breathing don't I get to do?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

Does this person not realize Ebola existed back then? I'm not sure what this is even implying.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

TinTower posted:

Reminds me of the "transgender broken leg" attitude: if you're trans, any ailment is due to it. Depression? The trans. Flu? The trans. Broken leg? The trans.

'LGBTQI' ?
How many more letters can you add before it's simpler to just use the word 'people'?

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

spog posted:

'LGBTQI' ?
How many more letters can you add before it's simpler to just use the word 'people'?

QUILTBAG

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Henchman of Santa posted:

Does this person not realize Ebola existed back then? I'm not sure what this is even implying.

In 1997, Matt Groening received a vision that the new first term Illinois State Senator Barrack Obama would one day be president and would spread Ebola to the general American public. Think about it, where's the Man in the Yellow Hat in that cover? Obviously he represents FEMA and infected George, the general American public, with Ebola as they slept in their beds, symbolizing Obamacare making us all complacent. And we all know that MWTYH is Aramaic numerals for 2008, the same year Obama was elected president.

Honestly, I don't know how Groening could have possibly made his warning any clearer.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Someone post the one of the guy who wants it to be "GOLBAT" because pokemon, and his subsequent being shut down for trying to move men to the front of the acronym.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spog posted:

'LGBTQI' ?
Tell you what: if you can get bigots to think of us as people too, we'll drop the acronym and start using 'people'. Sound fair?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Stuntman posted:

Tell you what: if you can get bigots to think of us as people too, we'll drop the acronym and start using 'people'. Sound fair?

Done. How long can we expect it to take for word to reach all of your subordinates? I do a radio news show, and LGBTQIDSPISPOPD is admittedly quite a mouthful. I'd love to be able to just say "people."

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Might as well just be O for Other.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So because Malala met the queen and spoke to the UN a few times, it means she's not trying hard enough? I mean, it's not like Jolie has ever

Oh.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Done. How long can we expect it to take for word to reach all of your subordinates? I do a radio news show, and LGBTQIDSPISPOPD is admittedly quite a mouthful. I'd love to be able to just say "people."

Especially since you'd have to say it twice so you don't fall through your chair.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

spog posted:

'LGBTQI' ?

What does the I even mean? I know what the A is when they decide to add that (asexual), but I can't think of anything relating to the letter i.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Intersex. No idea how this is different from trans.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

kannonfodder posted:

What does the I even mean? I know what the A is when they decide to add that (asexual), but I can't think of anything relating to the letter i.

"Intersex." There's an "A" on the way for "asexual."

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

kannonfodder posted:

Intersex, I think.

e;fb

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

karl fungus posted:

Intersex are those who have mutations that give them aspects of both genetalia. (IE they have ambiguous genetalia)

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
"Intersex, in humans and other animals, is a variation in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, or genitals that do not allow an individual to be distinctly identified as male or female."

For those of us who aren't on tumblr.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

karl fungus posted:

Trans- is when you're the other sex, inter- is when you're both, a- is when you're neither.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Oh, I see. Isn't that extremely rare, though?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Moderately rare, yea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I thought asexual was a preference not a gender (like LGB). Or is it both? I can't keep up with these kids.

• Locked thread