Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
You can use anything that's federation or cross-faction and doesn't require a specific ship (I think Stalkers are the ONLY fed fighter that's specific to a ship). Get yourself a hanger of the ultra-rare Yellowstones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

But first get out of your catbus and into an Armitage.

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
My catbus is beautiful ;_; I'll never get rid of it (It's beautifully useless. I'm saving fleed creds and such to get a proper ship soon, but the catbus will remain my 'pubbie' ship)

... On that subject how on earth do I get those fleet ship modules WITHOUT wasting real money?

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

sharkbeard posted:

... On that subject how on earth do I get those fleet ship modules WITHOUT wasting real money?

You can save up EC and buy them on the exchange :) Or of course trade dilithium for Zen and use that to buy one.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Yeah, the exchange are your best bet for FSMs. Just run the foundry every day and you should be able to grab a few before too long. Alternatively, ask in channel, it's not unheard of for goons to have a few around they'll sell at a discount.

I wouldn't recommend using dil to grab them, given how important it's going to be come Tuesday.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Decided to give this game a shot. Registered on the Wiki as Pseudoscorpion.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Decided to give this game a shot. Registered on the Wiki as Pseudoscorpion.

You're in.

nuklear
Dec 16, 2013
So I gave this game a shot out of the blue one night and am loving it, just created a login on the wiki - name is nuklear in game Vorka

So loving lost, I just bounce from mission to mission hoping I sort of understand. Games pretty tight though.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Any chance of an Open-beta weekend happening for Delta Rising like they did with LoR?

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Thom12255 posted:

Any chance of an Open-beta weekend happening for Delta Rising like they did with LoR?

Judging that it comes out next tuesday, I doubt it.

nuklear
Dec 16, 2013
So crazy question, I just hit 21 and they told me to speak to so and so for my new ship, the quest said to talk to Centurion Dhiemm and select your new ship, I talk to him but my new ship isn't listed, what gives? Do I have to redeem it from somewhere?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

nuklear posted:

So crazy question, I just hit 21 and they told me to speak to so and so for my new ship, the quest said to talk to Centurion Dhiemm and select your new ship, I talk to him but my new ship isn't listed, what gives? Do I have to redeem it from somewhere?

It's all a little messed up because the extended double XP event is causing you to hit the level 21 ship before the in-mission 'level 11' ship. You have to do the latter first.

nuklear
Dec 16, 2013

MikeJF posted:

It's all a little messed up because the extended double XP event is causing you to hit the level 21 ship before the in-mission 'level 11' ship. You have to do the latter first.

So I flew all of my missions up to 21 in the starter ship, I thought I read I was supposed to get a level 10 ship. I couldn't figure out why everyone was saying the missions were so easy, I was doing fine enough but getting stomped every once inawhile by the war birds haha.

I think I just got the level 10 ship "Dhelan Warbird" just trying to figure out how to get the level 20 one now.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Narciss posted:

Tell that to the Troll who bought it for me because I said anime was for knuckleheads.

I said your sig, not your avatar.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

nuklear posted:

So I flew all of my missions up to 21 in the starter ship, I thought I read I was supposed to get a level 10 ship. I couldn't figure out why everyone was saying the missions were so easy, I was doing fine enough but getting stomped every once inawhile by the war birds haha.

I think I just got the level 10 ship "Dhelan Warbird" just trying to figure out how to get the level 20 one now.

Have you finished "Bigger Picture" yet? If not, that may be causing your ship progression to glitch.

nuklear
Dec 16, 2013

faxmachine posted:

Have you finished "Bigger Picture" yet? If not, that may be causing your ship progression to glitch.

Currently on;

"The Price of Neutrality"
"First Complement"
"Upgrade Kits Available"

Gonna complete the last two and see if it fixes it.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

nuklear posted:

Currently on;

"The Price of Neutrality"
"First Complement"
"Upgrade Kits Available"

Gonna complete the last two and see if it fixes it.

You need to do The Price of Neutrality.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

After price of neutrality, check the admiral (walk, don't holocall) to see if there are any promotion quests you overlooked.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I haven't been watching the market too closely, but did key prices frop much with the current sale?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Key prices having been down for a while along with everything else that isn't contra, tech upgrade kits or crafting materials. The sale is pushing them down further as well.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

nuklear posted:

So I gave this game a shot out of the blue one night and am loving it, just created a login on the wiki - name is nuklear in game Vorka

So loving lost, I just bounce from mission to mission hoping I sort of understand. Games pretty tight though.

You're authed on the wiki, I couldn't invite you to the chat channel as your character name doesn't exist. Next time you're on a ground map, right click your character portrait in the top left corner of the screen. It'll show your name@handle, post your @handle part in here and we'll get you into the channel.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

has the dil market crashed yet?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Acer Pilot posted:

has the dil market crashed yet?
Give it some time, we can't even upgrade to mk xiv yet.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

AfroSquirrel posted:

I haven't been watching the market too closely, but did key prices frop much with the current sale?

On the subject, what is the best way to transmute zen to credits, and is the op up to date with the suggestion to not use keys?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Baron Porkface posted:

On the subject, what is the best way to transmute zen to credits, and is the op up to date with the suggestion to not use keys?

If its not keys its fleet modules. Basically look up whatever you can buy on the zen market and check the resale prices on the exchange and make your trades accordingly, as it has been known to fluctuate at times.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That said, I wouldn't recommend doing it right now. Wait a few weeks or a month at least. DR's gonna mess things up.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Here's what I see with current prices:

code:
                 Current Exchange   Zen Cost     EC / 100 Zen
Keys (single)         ~2.1M          106           ~1.98M
Keys (10-pack)        ~21M           956           ~2.19M
Fleet Ship Mod        ~8.25M         500           ~1.65M

R & D Pack (single)*  ~7.9M          300           ~2.6M
R & D Pack (4-pack)*  ~31.6M         1000          ~3.16M

Pets**:
Gekli Companion       ~7M            300           ~2.3M
Eisilum Horta         ~4M            400           ~1M
Sehlat Cub            ~1M            300           ~0.33M
Targ Pup              ~8M            300           ~2.67M
Runabout              ~0.15M         300           ~0.5M
Toron Shuttle         ~1M            300           ~0.33M
Type 8 Shuttle        ~8M            300           ~2.67M
Tribble of Borg       ~12M           300           ~4M
Fluidic Space Trb     ~8.75          300           ~2.9M
IDIC Trib             ~16M           300           ~5.5M

* Haven't personally sold
** Pet prices might be way off what people will actually pay
So even with the key sale, key prices are still high enough that they're a better deal than FSMs, if you buy the 10-pack. The only other exchangeable items I've seen on the C-store are R & D Packs and pets. I haven't tried selling either, but with current exchange price it looks like there's some better deals in there. My guess is that volume is lower, so you'd likely wait longer for your post to sell. Pets in particular might not go for the current exchange posted price (those are the prices that haven't sold yet!) Like MikeJF said, it might be worth waiting for DR, since prices will change!

E: updated with current key sale price

Stickman fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 11, 2014

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
Don't forget the new sliders for the tailor with the new season.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16734391&postcount=151

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 12, 2014

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
I would forgive a lot of this game were that actually happening.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The slider will be renamed "Hip Depth" or something when it goes live, but yes, the butt slider is happening.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
boooooooooo

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Gonna put so much junk in all my trunks.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
All my bridge officers gonna get their sto skirts enhanced :q:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And still no skant THIS IS NOT GENE'S VISION :argh: :argh: :argh:

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

FuturePastNow posted:

The slider will be renamed "Hip Depth" or something when it goes live, but yes, the Butts slider is happening.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

MikeJF posted:

And still no skant THIS IS NOT GENE'S VISION :argh: :argh: :argh:

The real crime of Delta Rising.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Stickman posted:

Here's what I see with current prices:

Are key prices on the exchange likely to go up with DR?

I'm thinking that during the key sale I'm going to convert all my dil to zen, buy a bunch of keys, and then sell them after the patch (dil seems easier to make than EC to me).

Haerc fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 12, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's my theory (and I could be wrong) that EC as a whole is going to suffer from some heavy inflation after everyone's finished levelling through DR, as generic vendor trash is going to go from being Mk XI to Mk XIII.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
How big is the difference in vend price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

All drops I've seen so far on tribble have been MkXII. :ssh: Admittedly this is still a modest bit of inflation since most drops right now are MkX-XI (XII only drops in PVP zones and borg STF rewards).

So far it looks like Cryptic wants to keep MkXIII stuff to certain quest rewards, and MkXIV to crafting upgrades only. The market probably won't be affected too much in the long run, and most of the damage will come from the massive dilithium outflow from the upgrade system over the next few months.

• Locked thread