Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

bobkatt013 posted:

Doubt it as she has been announced to appear in Spider-women, so guess its going to be sort of a backdoor pilot for this book.

But isn't her appearance in Spider-women a tie-in to Spider-verse? She could still stay in her cool universe for the ongoing. Please don't ruin it marvel...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

HOLY loving poo poo GHOST RIDER 2099!!!

Yup, totally buying this.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Myrddin Emrys posted:

I noticed that too. On one hand, I'm not sure what this means about Peter. On the other hand, yay for more Miles.

I'm seeing a GIANT nova in the back left, panther-person Black Panther, a guy I don't recognize between SamCap's wings, what looks like 1614 or whatever year that was Daredevil, 2099 Ghostrider, and like 3 versions of the Wasp. Also our Hyperion fighting classic Hyperion. This is just Secret Wars Many Universe Jumble Pack. I'm sure Peter will be fine.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
What I'm worried about is the abundance of MC2 characters but lack of Mayday.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I thought the joke about how old cartoon Spider-Man literally couldn't come up with words to describe how bad things were was funny. Sue me.

Honestly I don't know why people are mad. Well let me rephrase that, I know why people are mad. But poo poo, did you really expect to read an event that promised to feature every Spider-Man ever, where the premise is that all the Spider-Men are being hunted and killed by extradimensional weirdos, and not expect to see at least one recognizable/famous Spider-Man get killed? Or did you think it would just be a bunch of random cameo Spideys no one liked all that much in a ditch like armor Spider-Man from the last few episodes of 90s Spider-Man or Spider-Man Unlimited (that was Spider-Man Unlimited getting offed in this issue too, right?) this week?

I mean I'm not Slott's biggest fan either, but 616 Peter's continued inability to act remotely like an adult when confronted with the responsibility of running his company was far more offensive than the brutal murder.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TwoPair posted:

I thought the joke about how old cartoon Spider-Man literally couldn't come up with words to describe how bad things were was funny. Sue me.

Honestly I don't know why people are mad. Well let me rephrase that, I know why people are mad. But poo poo, did you really expect to read an event that promised to feature every Spider-Man ever, where the premise is that all the Spider-Men are being hunted and killed by extradimensional weirdos, and not expect to see at least one recognizable/famous Spider-Man get killed? Or did you think it would just be a bunch of random cameo Spideys no one liked all that much in a ditch like armor Spider-Man from the last few episodes of 90s Spider-Man or Spider-Man Unlimited (that was Spider-Man Unlimited getting offed in this issue too, right?) this week?

I mean I'm not Slott's biggest fan either, but 616 Peter's continued inability to act remotely like an adult when confronted with the responsibility of running his company was far more offensive than the brutal murder.

I think people were more mad at which version of Spider-Man they chose to give the violent death to than it happening at all. If it had been like, Spider-Man India or something no one would have cared because he wasn't literally a happy go lucky, fun version of the character for kids that a lot of people grew up with.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The thing with Ms. Lion really pushed it into what the loving gently caress territory too.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I was just kind of bummed about it--it wasn't really something I needed to read that day--and then I found out about Slott shaking his rear end on Twitter about it and it pushed me over into actively annoyed.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Has anyone tweeted that squirrel girl/spidey contrast image to Slott? If not, can someone who uses the Twitter do so and post his reaction?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Yes.

Let's go out of our way to harass and annoy creators we don't like. I'm sure all parties involved with look mature and reasonable and an intelligent dialogue will come out of it.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:

TheJoker138 posted:

I think people were more mad at which version of Spider-Man they chose to give the violent death to than it happening at all. If it had been like, Spider-Man India or something no one would have cared because he wasn't literally a happy go lucky, fun version of the character for kids that a lot of people grew up with.
poo poo, if it had somehow been the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man, I would have personally sent Dan Slott a thank-you card with a fifty-dollar bill inside.

If it'd been the Spider-Man from Marville, or Werewolf Spider-Man, make it a hundred.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Goon posted:

Has anyone tweeted that squirrel girl/spidey contrast image to Slott? If not, can someone who uses the Twitter do so and post his reaction?
I, too, would like to see this done.

Waterhaul posted:

Yes.

Let's go out of our way to harass and annoy creators we don't like. I'm sure all parties involved with look mature and reasonable and an intelligent dialogue will come out of it.
Hey, Slott goes out of his way to deliberately antagonise his audience. I'm not sure how posting a single image qualifies as 'harassment'.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Yvonmukluk posted:

Hey, Slott goes out of his way to deliberately antagonise his audience. I'm not sure how posting a single image qualifies as 'harassment'.

No he doesn't and even if he did it's stupid.

Nobody needs to go off and try and be a "cool internet dude" and come back here and try and boast about it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Waterhaul posted:

Yes.

Your definition of harassment is hilariously low.

In this case the bar is tweeting in general, not even multiple times, just the once.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 11, 2014

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

If you'd rather I'll rephrase to "don't be an idiot and come here to try and boast about it".

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Doesn't make it any less silly, but whatever works for ya.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm seeing a GIANT nova in the back left, panther-person Black Panther, a guy I don't recognize between SamCap's wings, what looks like 1614 or whatever year that was Daredevil, 2099 Ghostrider, and like 3 versions of the Wasp. Also our Hyperion fighting classic Hyperion. This is just Secret Wars Many Universe Jumble Pack. I'm sure Peter will be fine.

That's kind of my point though - are there any other marquee characters missing? Beyond like a million rotating X-Men characters?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

Has he actually said anything to antagonize anyone or is everybody still acting like changing your name for Halloween is some sort of super troll instead of something lots of people do?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Has he actually said anything to antagonize anyone or is everybody still acting like changing your name for Halloween is some sort of super troll instead of something lots of people do?

The picture change is antagonizing, I mean I am not really, but I can see how it is to some.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Uh... why did Spider-Uk call everyone mum?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

JoylessJester posted:

He called himself Spider-UK, I can only assume he's functionally retarded and that's why he was blown off.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is Strangling Turkish Spider-Man from 3 Dev Adam in this crossover?

Howards Bellend
Aug 25, 2007

Soonmot posted:

He called himself Spider-UK, I can only assume he's functionally retarded and that's why he was blown off.

They should have called him Spider-Bloke.

The mum thing is an old fashioned way of saying ma'am I think. No one speaks like that in real life. As always no one English in comics ever sounds like they're actually English.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

If Italian Spider-Man doesn't show up then this whole even would've be a waste.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

JoylessJester posted:

I've seen a fair few British works where people will refer to the Queen as "mum," so maybe it's because he's talking to Roma and Saturyne.

Also, funny story: Claremont apparently killed off Roma in the Die By the Sword miniseries, so Slott the Continuity Cop missed something.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

JoylessJester posted:

It's how some Brits said "Ma'am" decades ago. Which is also when people stopped saying "Ma'am".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
More accurately, it's how Americans with terrible ears for accents mishear an RP pronunciation of 'ma'am'. It actually sounds closer to 'mom' than 'mum'.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Wanderer posted:

I've seen a fair few British works where people will refer to the Queen as "mum," so maybe it's because he's talking to Roma and Saturyne.

Also, funny story: Claremont apparently killed off Roma in the Die By the Sword miniseries, so Slott the Continuity Cop missed something.

Didn't Remender unfuck Otherworld in Uncanny X-Force during that arc everyone hated?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Decius posted:

It's how some Brits said "Ma'am" decades ago. Which is also when people stopped saying "Ma'am".

I remember noticing everyone referring to M this way in Skyfall

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Three pages of dumb crying about Amazing Friends Spider-Man being killed in a pretty funny way and no tears for Spider-Man Unlimited? HIS WHOLE PLANET IS ANIMALS. Time to eat the animals.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Waterhaul posted:

No he doesn't and even if he did it's stupid.

So you've forgotten during the whole Superior thing when Slott namesearched himself on twitter just to find people on this very forum saying disparaging things but not directly @-ing him, only to then directly harass them and sic his followers on them?

Obviously anyone who tries to directly get on someone's bad side is being a child either way, but that doesn't excuse him from having done this. There's a reason everyone knows he's a childish troll, and much of it has nothing to do with killing fictional characters.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The funny thing about Slott is that he seems to delight in creating "controversy" and riling people up, but has zero tolerance for people saying anything even slightly critical of him online.

He can dish it out, but he can't take it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Space_Butler posted:

So you've forgotten during the whole Superior thing when Slott namesearched himself on twitter just to find people on this very forum saying disparaging things but not directly @-ing him, only to then directly harass them and sic his followers on them?

Obviously anyone who tries to directly get on someone's bad side is being a child either way, but that doesn't excuse him from having done this. There's a reason everyone knows he's a childish troll, and much of it has nothing to do with killing fictional characters.
He did this to Bobkatt, I had to block Dan Slott so he couldn't see my tweets anymore, even though I never @ mentioned him, and I might not have even mentioned him directly by name (iirc we were talking about how bad Superior was)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gaz-L posted:

More accurately, it's how Americans with terrible ears for accents mishear an RP pronunciation of 'ma'am'. It actually sounds closer to 'mom' than 'mum'.

It's sometimes "marm".

radlum
May 13, 2013

Little Mac posted:

Three pages of dumb crying about Amazing Friends Spider-Man being killed in a pretty funny way and no tears for Spider-Man Unlimited? HIS WHOLE PLANET IS ANIMALS. Time to eat the animals.

I hadn't realized it was him. Dammit Slott, why can't you write some other comic?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Little Mac posted:

Waitwaitwiatwait what did Slott do to Spider-man Unlimited????? Did he off that Spidey too? :( he's going to murder 90's cartoon spider-man and madam web in the time tunnel right before they find MJ, isn't he...

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Soonmot posted:

Jesus.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Waitwaitwiatwait what did Slott do to Spider-man Unlimited????? Did he off that Spidey too? :( he's going to murder 90's cartoon spider-man and madam web in the time tunnel right before they find MJ, isn't he...
Well, I'm pretty sure that Spider-Man Unlimited was unofficially meant to be the same Spidey from the 90's cartoon, so at least one iteration of that character is dead.

I don't see any evidence that Madame Web is being targeted by the Inheritors, at any rate.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

lmao two people actually give a poo poo about spider-man unlimited

What a buncha maroons (not being sarcastic. cartoon sucked - just like Amazing Friends)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Just because I lived through it doesn't mean I care about it.

• Locked thread