Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jumping around corners is a fatal sin of tryhardism, hth.

Having said that, I will be jumping around like a rabbit that just snorted coke off a hooker's rear end in Advanced Warfare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Undead Muppet posted:

"bunny-hoppers"

Excuse me they are called halo jumpers

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

quote:

@MichaelCondrey I'd there going to be prestige tokens like in bo2

Michael Condrey posted:

not exactly, but you do get to select one item to permanently unlock after prestiging.

From here.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

The gameplay looked smoother than the other youtube videos I watched. I'm guessing this will be running at 60 fps?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
That's what the devs usually target anyways, though some games have run at 50-55.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
All the Treyarch games I assume because they all look like poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Whoop, wrong thread.

Uh.

Shooting men is fun. And that's okay.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Have watched way too many youtube gameplay videos and am officially hyped for a COD game.

Man, the killstreaks alone will make this more enjoyable than Ghost. I didn't have many issues with that game other than it being dull as gently caress.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
To lazy to look and probably know the answer but will 360 be able to play with x bones?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Darth Freddy posted:

To lazy to look and probably know the answer but will 360 be able to play with x bones?

No. Digital transfers are gonna be a thing but no cross platform play.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Darth Freddy posted:

This is pretty much never the case with any game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Shadowrun proved it wasn't worth the effort to program cross platform multiplayer.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Mister Macys posted:

Shadowrun proved it wasn't worth the effort to program cross platform multiplayer.

What was the deal with that one again? Wasn't it cross-platform between console and PC? If so, then I can understand that not working very well since you have controller versus keyboard and mouse. But why not do cross-platform between consoles? Seems like, at least on the console side of things, a way to keep your playerbase numbers up. Lump everyone together and have better matchmaking and poo poo.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
And also hamstring the entire game to run on two different platforms. Eh.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just let my gold subscription expire and won't be able to buy a bone this year. See you in another life, COD goons.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That's okay, buy a PS4 when you can.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How many of you are picking this up for PS4 I want to shoot some mans this November.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
there's a good contingency of goons buying this for PS4

and it seems like most of them will actually be playing it pretty regularly thanks to the lackluster showing of Destiny

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm actually enjoying Destiny so much I'm wondering if I will even feel like playing this game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Source your quotes. :colbert:

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

gently caress that poo poo. Any true self-hater will buy this for the bone and suffer with everyone else.

Cab
Apr 23, 2003
Uplink looks fun as crap. Preloaded.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Roman posted:

I'm actually enjoying Destiny so much I'm wondering if I will even feel like playing this game.

You seriously got another month of that contentless grind in you?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Actually I thought the first Destiny expansion was coming in November for some dumb reason but it's not, so I guess I'll be playing this instead.

I hope the new Combat Training (or whatever they're calling it) is like Blops 2 and not just botmode.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

GET MY BELT SON posted:

gently caress that poo poo. Any true self-hater will buy this for the bone and suffer with everyone else.

:hfive:

:siren:Boys chat:siren:

Are any of you guys planning on picking up Borderlands on the 360?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Unless the uniques from BL2 become their own entire family of weapons, and they add flamethrowers, lasers, and more Contra/Metal Slug guns, I don't see the point.
There's not enough variety for the slog I have to put up with.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Where's that spreadsheet for the goon console of choice for AW?

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009
Here you go.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

add my username to the bone list I guess

drat it

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I'm going to buy this for PS4 because I miss shooting dudes with you guys.

Someday I'll learn.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

You seriously got another month of that contentless grind in you?

"Contentless" compared to what? The 5 hour rail-shooter of a campaign AW is going to offer to keep you busy?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Most goons don't buy COD games for the singleplayer.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

'S truth.
MW2 was the last single player campaign I bothered completing.

Multiplayer is everything.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I am probably going to be poop socking this on Nov 3rd on the Xbone.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Mister Macys posted:

'S truth.
MW2 was the last single player campaign I bothered completing.

Multiplayer is everything.
Seriously, play MW3's Campaign. It's utterly nonsensical, but it's basically playing a Michael Bay movie. Everything explodes.

Ugh, so on the fence about this drat game. I really hope they learnt their lesson from Ghosts. I love the Futuretech theme it's got going, and would be happy to throw money at 'em if they get it right.

Cab
Apr 23, 2003

limited posted:

Seriously, play MW3's Campaign. It's utterly nonsensical, but it's basically playing a Michael Bay movie. Everything explodes.

Ugh, so on the fence about this drat game. I really hope they learnt their lesson from Ghosts. I love the Futuretech theme it's got going, and would be happy to throw money at 'em if they get it right.

It basically is MW3 with hopefully better netcode.. aka dedicated servers/hybrid crap

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

limited posted:

Never played past the second level where you escape the naval battle in... NYC? Was pretty badass I'll admit.
And the multiplayer was such rushed, broken trash, that I traded it three months later.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Cab posted:

It basically is MW3 with hopefully better netcode.. aka dedicated servers/hybrid crap
The customization thing is what pricks my ears up to be honest.

That's what drew me into Ghosts, before it turned out to be gated behind their horrendously poo poo challenge system. If not gooning it up, challenges are what kept me picking up BlOps 2 again and again even after getting fed up with everyone SMG rushing around.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

sunday at work posted:

"Contentless" compared to what? The 5 hour rail-shooter of a campaign AW is going to offer to keep you busy?

Campaign? What's that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Added myself to the bone list. Also you can add me to the list of people who play the campaigns, though I do it with a guide for the "collect every one of these stupid items" achievements so I only have to do it once.

• Locked thread