Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Drifter posted:

You're just jelly that somebody is doing a far more effective job at creating a safe kingdom than Korra.

Don't be so jelly. It's gone to far. I'm going to call the jelly school.

You're barking up the wrong tree, my fellow Kuvirist. As a thick-eyebrowed person myself, I welcome our metalbending monarch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
More like Banging on the Wrong Gong, am i right?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Regalingualius posted:

:tinfoil: Chat Time!

I hypothesize that Kuvira will be revealed to be someone else's pawn, despite all the promotional build-up. That person is...

Varrick. Who then reveals that that goofy, quirky personality we've come to know and love was all an act, and is actually quite the vicious guy when he lets loose. His life's dream has been to rise from his lowly origins to be the king of the hill, and his "alliance" with Kuvira is the best chance he has of making that a reality.
And he is the secret head of a secret order... the Order of the Green Lettuce. Take that cabbagecorp!

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Toplowtech posted:

And he is the secret head of a secret order... the Order of the Green Lettuce. Take that cabbagecorp!

They really wasted Cabbage corp when they turned it into the inferior conglomerate. It would have been funnier if the company was proficient in cabbage GMOs (via swamp benders) joined with the rogue pieces of Varrick Industries that weren't seized by the state/signed over to Asami and finally died as a fifth column that went Ukraine Oligarch and fought for the EK. The cabbages must be avenged whether in this life or the next.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Sithsaber posted:

They really wasted Cabbage corp when they turned it into the inferior conglomerate. It would have been funnier if the company was proficient in cabbage GMOs (via swamp benders) joined with the rogue pieces of Varrick Industries that weren't seized by the state/signed over to Asami and finally died as a fifth column that went Ukraine Oligarch and fought for the EK. The cabbages must be avenged whether in this life or the next.
:wtc: is this

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

read the redtext

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Don't worry about it, it's beyond your comprehension.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

PiedPiper posted:

You're barking up the wrong tree, my fellow Kuvirist. As a thick-eyebrowed person myself, I welcome our metalbending monarch.

Her eyebrows really are great. Toph-as-teacher was always my favorite part of her character so getting to see more of that now that she's old and even more badass will be great.

.... I bet she went and found the space sword too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm starting to think you guys aren't reading my posts.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

So someone on Reddit pointed this out. In Books 1-3, the first episode has always ended with a shot of the villain, but Book 4 Episode 1 ended with a shot of Korra: http://imgur.com/a/GgJly

This is causing people to speculate that the Dark Avatar is Vaatu being reborn inside of Korra and that the season is going to be about Korra finding balance between having both Raava and Vaatu inside her.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I don't think that's it--wouldn't the final shot be of the Dark Avatar then? The biggest threats facing Korra in the last three seasons were external, but in this one it's coming to terms with herself and her failings as a person. It's an artistic choice.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm starting to think you guys aren't reading my posts.
Okay you caught me, I am actually illiterate

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sato posted:

The biggest threats facing Korra in the last three seasons were external, but in this one it's coming to terms with herself and her failings as a person. It's an artistic choice.

Too subtle for reddit, sorry

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Rosalind posted:

So someone on Reddit pointed this out. In Books 1-3, the first episode has always ended with a shot of the villain, but Book 4 Episode 1 ended with a shot of Korra: http://imgur.com/a/GgJly

This is causing people to speculate that the Dark Avatar is Vaatu being reborn inside of Korra and that the season is going to be about Korra finding balance between having both Raava and Vaatu inside her.

That's about all the analysis you can expect from Reddit.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Jackard posted:

I am the Shadow, the True Self

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

PiedPiper posted:

Hey there, good-lookin', nice hairdo.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

Jackard posted:

Bet they were happier when Korra was solving things with punches. Am I right? I don't go to reddit ever.

In other website news, it appears that Wu/Mako is the hot new ship on Tumblr.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Sato posted:

Bet they were happier when Korra was solving things with punches. Am I right? I don't go to reddit ever.

Reddit is really valuable during lull periods, right after episodes...it's useful period. This site has its uses but it is by no means the only forum you'll need.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Rosalind posted:

No it's clearly the guy in the background. He's manipulating conflict in the region to ensure Pro Earth-Bending takes its rightful place as the most popular form of sports entertainment in the world.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sato posted:

Based on what we've seen so far Mako wouldn't touch him with a thirty nine and a half foot pole.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

Jackard posted:

Based on what we've seen so far Mako wouldn't touch him with a thirty nine and a half foot pole.

Which in teenage girl speak means he can't deal with his feelings. If there's one thing bad fanfiction has taught me it's that hate always turns into love. Also men can get pregnant.

Sithsaber posted:

Reddit is really valuable during lull periods, right after episodes...it's useful period. This site has its uses but it is by no means the only forum you'll need.

This site does have the most tolerable Korra discussion...which really says something about the quality of Korra discussion in general.

Gnome de plume posted:

No it's clearly the guy in the background. He's manipulating conflict in the region to ensure Pro Earth-Bending takes its rightful place as the most popular form of sports entertainment in the world.

Speaking of which, has this fan comic ever been posted?

http://neoduskcomics.tumblr.com/post/99127822452/lok-behind-the-scenes-of-book-4

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

hi can I watch korra anywhere other than nick.com? it's suddenly asking me for my service provider and comcast isn't an option apparently. i want to smash something

e: nvm I refreshed the page and it worked :cool:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

boy the season preview sure ruined that moment huh. cool ep tho

e: well it didnt RUIN the moment but still

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I want them to go whole hog on ripping off Star Wars. Have Korra fight her dark side (again), get a vision of Mako and Bolin in trouble, Toph tell Korra not to leave since since her training isn't complete, just go for it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

NowonSA posted:

I want them to go whole hog on ripping off Star Wars. Have Korra fight her dark side (again), get a vision of Mako and Bolin in trouble, Toph tell Korra not to leave since since her training isn't complete, just go for it.
I want them to bait and switch and have them do my stupid idea of having Toph be like Mickey instead of Yoda.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I was getting Fight Club vibes from the Korra vs Korra thing. Toph's return is so amazing eeeeeee. Love the way her voice is still recognizable.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
The adult ATLA cast has generally been well cast. I prefer Chris Hardwick as Sokka myself.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Sato posted:

This site does have the most tolerable Korra discussion...which really says something about the quality of Korra discussion in general.

:stare: I shouldn't be so horrified by this, but I am. Goddamn, do people on other sites just literally sling poo poo at each other through some advanced web-based poo poo slinging program?

RyuujinBlueZ fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 12, 2014

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
People who don't think Kuvira is controlling the bandits in the countryside are pretty trusting. We have this little town but literally hundreds of bandits in the countryside, who don't seem to care about pillaging outlying farms or taking direct control of the settlements. Then, they somehow have a crew ideally set up for fighting airbenders that ambushes them less than a day after they entered the territory? Not to mention, of course, that the bandits that attacked her were conscripted into her service for unspoken purposes.

She's using her army of bandits to squeeze towns, then coming in and offering protection from her own men.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

:stare: I shouldn't be so horrified by this, but I am. Goddamn, do people on other sites just literally sling poo poo at each other through some advanced web-based poo poo slinging program?
Actually the thread title alone means we have absolutely no moral high ground over any place other than 4chan and tumblr.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You earned this title. Don't forget it.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Actually the thread title alone means we have absolutely no moral high ground over any place other than 4chan and tumblr.

The important thing is we have the moral high ground over 4chan and tumblr, I guess...

It's been better lately, at least. The discussions on historical analogues to the plot are especially neat! I've got a friend who's never seen any Avatar at all, and I kind of want to have her watch Korra first (once it's done) just as an experiment to see how Last Airbender works as (from that point of view) a prequel.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sato posted:

The adult ATLA cast has generally been well cast. I prefer Chris Hardwick as Sokka myself.

That was Chris Hardwick? Totally didn't hear it in his voice at all.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

MrAristocrates posted:

You earned this title. Don't forget it.
The Newsroom is too good for you.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Sorry, I meant in comparison to the other sites I've been to, which I got tired of very quickly. At least here, like you said, I get cool historical info occasionally. Cool mental image though.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That was Chris Hardwick? Totally didn't hear it in his voice at all.

Yup. Apparently he's Janet Varney's ex too. Small world.

Sato fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 12, 2014

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Let's see, we've got Chris Hardwick, Janet Varney, and Maria Bamford. We're one person short of an all Korra episode of @Midnight.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The show's making it clear that Raiko's apparent approval of Prince Wu is him playing politics, and that it's lovely of him to do so.
One of the worst things about the ending of Book 1 was that it seemed like the three non-Tarrlok assholes on the Councils were all gonna stay in power and poo poo would still suck. I'm sure Mike and Bryan have learned their lesson and we're not going to end the series with Prince Wu on the throne.

It'll end with a Meiji style fascist revolution that establishes Korra as God Empress of the World. :kheldragar:

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

romanowski posted:

boy the season preview sure ruined that moment huh. cool ep tho

e: well it didnt RUIN the moment but still

The secret is to watch season trailers while near-blackout drunk. Then you get hype but can't remember why.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Let's see, we've got Chris Hardwick, Janet Varney, and Maria Bamford. We're one person short of an all Korra episode of @Midnight.
I haven't been watching @midnight but my interest has now tripled.

Re. Kuvira, orchestrating bandit raids aside, I think her major 'villain' reveal will be when she starts re-taking Republic City territory (which may also rile up some unfortunate spirits). Like others have hinted at though, I wonder how much Suyin's son is involved in that plot, if/when it comes to pass.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The Newsroom is too good for you.

Look, man, MrAristocrates' ribbing on Korra is probably good-natured, but nobody deserves The Newsroom. Let's not say things we can't take back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I agree, the thread title isn't perfect, it should be "This is Not A Good Thread."

• Locked thread