Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Lord Twisted posted:

Sweet battle report.

Any advice on how to fix this? I was too excited with spraying and beginning painting to notice it's bent... Boiling water?? Haven't worked much with resin.

Hot water or a hair dryer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Hot water's a little more controllable than a hair dryer, I'd go with that. Hot water, then straighten it and hold it under cold water until it sets. Repeat until it stays in place.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Only needs to be hot, not boiling

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Hot water, bend it back into shape, then dunk it in ice water for quick results. There shouldn't be any paint removal there, or if it is it won't be in any appreciable manner.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Are the metal Deathwatch shoulder pads really small like some of the other old metal pads, or will they match up with modern models?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I bought an Archon last night and started work on it. It's exciting since its the first non-CE model I've bought in a looooooooong time.

I'd say it's about 60% done right now. What are your thoughts on the color scheme?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Sulecrist posted:

Are the metal Deathwatch shoulder pads really small like some of the other old metal pads, or will they match up with modern models?

I have never encountered this. The metal Deathwatch pads were designed to fit on the now-ancient yet current Space Marine plastic kit. No problems there.

This set was part of the original promotional material when the, *takes breath, Ordo Xeno Death Watch Kill Team rules and kit were announced in White Dwarf:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
I think that colour scheme will look good when/if darkened by a heavy wash.

List Chat: I might be playing in a 1650pt tournament next week, what do people think of this IG list?:

Tank Commander Pask– Leman Russ Punisher – multimelta sponsons, dozer blade – 235
Leman Russ Exterminator – multimelta sponsons, dozer blade – 155

Company Command Squad – Master of Ordnance – 80
Chimera – multi laser, heavy flamer – 65

2 Commissars – 50
Ministorum Priest – 25

Tempestus Scions – 2 melta guns – 90

Tempestus Scions – 2 melta guns – 90

Platoon Command Squad – missile launcher – 45
Infantry Squad – plasma gun, autocannon – 75

Platoon Command Squad – missile launcher – 45

Platoon Command Squad – 4 flamers – 50
Infantry Squad – melta gun, power axe – 75
Infantry Squad – melta gun, power axe – 75

Leman Russ Demolisher – 170

Aegis Defence Line – quad gun – 100

Total: 1650

All I would need to do is bang some paint on the scions and build some leman russ sponsons. Things I am unsure about: what tanks with what weapon options to go for, are my basilisks and manticore worth considering? I've decided against using HWSs as they are just too fragile. Considering dumping the CCS chimera as being unnecessary when the squad can just hide at the back. I added the scions for mobility as much as anything else, needed to score objectives. As pitiful as they are I am even considering scout sentinels for the same reason. The army needs to be able to put some scoring/linebreaking units out there.

I have no doubt I can put together a harder army and do better with my Eldar, but I'm not feeling them as much these days.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

krushgroove posted:

Neckbeard photo album incoming:

Another amazing Forge World diorama - WHY AREN'T THESE CONTAINERS AVAILABLE TO BUY?!

I really want to build this, and it certainly looks doable looking at the components. On the other hand, judging by what I can see, the crane+building is easily about $500 worth of cut-up citadel scenery so time to consider some alternative construction methods

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Sulecrist posted:

I don't think so. Here's a pic of my DW guys, you can judge for yourself.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Lord Hypnostache posted:

All aboard the Deathwatch train!

Apologies for the unfinished bases... I haven't picked a theme yet.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I really like those DW, enentol. The accent colors are really crisp and everything is just very clean and professional looking.

edit: SRM, I am ready for our game next week! Every painted model in my army is now based. that makes about 2085 points of orks totally finished :D

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lord Hypnostache posted:

OATHBREAKER

holy poo poo lol

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

TheChirurgeon posted:

I really want to build this, and it certainly looks doable looking at the components. On the other hand, judging by what I can see, the crane+building is easily about $500 worth of cut-up citadel scenery so time to consider some alternative construction methods

5 people working 8 weeks...that's over 1000 man-hours I think? :) But yeah it is basically hacked-up Imperial Sector scenery. Since the molds are made in the Nottingham factory it costs them almost nothing for the parts, they just chop up what they want. Did you see the container railway in the background? More pics here http://www.tinyplasticspacemen.com/index.php/nggallery/page/2?page_id=557 and here http://www.tinyplasticspacemen.com/index.php/nggallery/page/3?page_id=557

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

TheChirurgeon posted:

With the crane at least, you could probably find something of similar scale from a toy store, or a yard sale/swap meet/flea market. It might not look "40k" enough but nothing you couldn't fix up with some odds and ends.

In fact, GW did this way back for an Inquisitor table, back in WD 259/260.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Genghis Cohen posted:

I think that colour scheme will look good when/if darkened by a heavy wash.

List Chat: I might be playing in a 1650pt tournament next week, what do people think of this IG list?:

*deletia*

Pask wants to be toting Heavy Bolters most of the time; you could argue for a Lascannon on the hull in case he needs to shoot a tank, but I prefer HBs all around. MMs are nice on certain frames, but I wouldn't go with them on his- they just aren't multifunctional enough. The Exterminator is probably fine, although to be honest I prefer pairing him with an Executioner (with HB or Plasma sponsons) to get maximum utility from his abilities.

I don't think the CCS is gonna do all that well for you. They're basically just gonna get blasted early due to being no tougher than other Guardsmen, but a more obvious target. Master of Ordnance is neat, but for the total price of that squad you could just take a "real" artillery piece.

I don't get your Infantry Platoon setups- you're basically just running a bunch of dudes on foot with relatively short-ranged weapons. I can't imagine they will fare well against the hailstorm of Bolters and other guns that will get pointed at them. You've also got a bunch of Priests/Commissars to buff them, which is usually good, but for small units like that I can't imagine it's going to be a huge help (who cares if four guys fail morale?) I would consolidate them into two Platoons total and try and make them more focused- get one blob that is all Power Axes and Meltabombs and have them rush forward like the suicidal dorks they are while another Autocannon (or Lascannon) blob hangs back and shoots away. (Depending on your meta, Plasma may or may not be useful there.) Platoon Commands are usually pretty suicidal- an Autocannon isn't awful for them,but Missile Launchers never impress me.

The Demolisher, sadly, is not very good. Pick any variant that isn't Ordance and you'll get a lot more use out of it. (Don't worry if the barrel is wrong, most people don't know the difference between any of the Russes anyways. Call it a Nova Cannon or something and you're probably fine.)

Your Scions aren't bad, but they would benefit a lot from either a transport (i.e. Vendetta) or having an Inquisitor along to bring some Servo-Skulls to make them more accurate in their arrival. Scout Sentinels with Autocannons are pretty decent little units, although I'm not sure I would go for them with as few mid-size armored targets as you currently have.

The Manticore is still a very acceptable player in an IG list and he can be hilariously effective against Knights, Wave Serpents, and some of the other "favorite" lists right now due to the stats on the main gun. (Remember, you can only declare Jink when you are the target of an attack, so guys getting clipped by a template can't try and dodge.) Basilisks are okay, but a tad fragile overall- still, they shred MEQs like nobody's business. The Wyvern is currently quite in vogue and it's an absolute beast against infantry targets of all types, plus it's fairly cheap- but like the other artillery tanks, it's almost hilariously easy to destroy.

You could consider swapping the Defense Line (and some extra points) for a Vendetta, but depends on how much you are concerned with general utility vs. specific anti-air. For a list like yours, the Quad Gun is still pretty alright (remember Commissars and some other IG officers are BS4.)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

AbusePuppy posted:

The big thing is they traded the 5++ save for Stealth/Shrouded and their special shooting attack is now useable all the time (rather than only when they have a pain token.) They're still not amazing, but they're actually fairly respectable overall now and they are fairly though to get rid of for anything that doesn't have Ignores Cover. Being naturally S4 doesn't hurt, either.

That rules. I've always loved their models, glad to see they're actually decent now.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Slimnoid posted:

Hot water, bend it back into shape, then dunk it in ice water for quick results. There shouldn't be any paint removal there, or if it is it won't be in any appreciable manner.

thespaceinvader posted:

Hot water's a little more controllable than a hair dryer, I'd go with that. Hot water, then straighten it and hold it under cold water until it sets. Repeat until it stays in place.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Only needs to be hot, not boiling

Thanks guys. Needed the cold water as well, was missing that trick. Nice and straight now, going to try to paint it up flame style for the Burning Blade!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Hello, I have a question for Ork players or anyone who knows. Had a game yesterday and an argument came about about the use of the Lifta-Droppa the Ork player was adamant that it auto-hit but his opponent was sure that the rules had changed, can anyone clear this up and point me in the direction of the correct rules? Thanks.

Vengeful Turtle
Dec 25, 2009

by Ralp
I haven't been paying attention to 40k lately but how good/bad is the new Ork codex considered? From what I've read it seems like the Trukk rally is pretty bad but is the Green Tide formation any good?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
The use of plastic GW scenery is common to a lot of the tables at warhammer world. It lets them achieve a really impressive level of detail, more than almost any scratchbuilt terrain, but obviously it would be completely ridiculous if not available straight from the source. Just thinking about the retail price of those materials makes me sweat.

AbusePuppy posted:

Pask wants to be toting Heavy Bolters most of the time; you could argue for a Lascannon on the hull in case he needs to shoot a tank, but I prefer HBs all around. MMs are nice on certain frames, but I wouldn't go with them on his- they just aren't multifunctional enough. The Exterminator is probably fine, although to be honest I prefer pairing him with an Executioner (with HB or Plasma sponsons) to get maximum utility from his abilities.

I don't think the CCS is gonna do all that well for you. They're basically just gonna get blasted early due to being no tougher than other Guardsmen, but a more obvious target. Master of Ordnance is neat, but for the total price of that squad you could just take a "real" artillery piece.

I don't get your Infantry Platoon setups- you're basically just running a bunch of dudes on foot with relatively short-ranged weapons. I can't imagine they will fare well against the hailstorm of Bolters and other guns that will get pointed at them. You've also got a bunch of Priests/Commissars to buff them, which is usually good, but for small units like that I can't imagine it's going to be a huge help (who cares if four guys fail morale?) I would consolidate them into two Platoons total and try and make them more focused- get one blob that is all Power Axes and Meltabombs and have them rush forward like the suicidal dorks they are while another Autocannon (or Lascannon) blob hangs back and shoots away. (Depending on your meta, Plasma may or may not be useful there.) Platoon Commands are usually pretty suicidal- an Autocannon isn't awful for them,but Missile Launchers never impress me.

The Demolisher, sadly, is not very good. Pick any variant that isn't Ordance and you'll get a lot more use out of it. (Don't worry if the barrel is wrong, most people don't know the difference between any of the Russes anyways. Call it a Nova Cannon or something and you're probably fine.)

Your Scions aren't bad, but they would benefit a lot from either a transport (i.e. Vendetta) or having an Inquisitor along to bring some Servo-Skulls to make them more accurate in their arrival. Scout Sentinels with Autocannons are pretty decent little units, although I'm not sure I would go for them with as few mid-size armored targets as you currently have.

The Manticore is still a very acceptable player in an IG list and he can be hilariously effective against Knights, Wave Serpents, and some of the other "favorite" lists right now due to the stats on the main gun. (Remember, you can only declare Jink when you are the target of an attack, so guys getting clipped by a template can't try and dodge.) Basilisks are okay, but a tad fragile overall- still, they shred MEQs like nobody's business. The Wyvern is currently quite in vogue and it's an absolute beast against infantry targets of all types, plus it's fairly cheap- but like the other artillery tanks, it's almost hilariously easy to destroy.

You could consider swapping the Defense Line (and some extra points) for a Vendetta, but depends on how much you are concerned with general utility vs. specific anti-air. For a list like yours, the Quad Gun is still pretty alright (remember Commissars and some other IG officers are BS4.)

Thankyou for the feedback. I will take the advice and go for heavy bolters all round on the tank squadron, and maybe an executioner as the other leman russ (I have all the bits magnetised).

The CCS I have in there for orders - I dispute that I should just get artillery instead, the MoO isn't 80 pts, he's 20 on top of 60pts I am happy to pay for orders. Personally I find that unit relatively survivable as I just stick it right at the back behind LoS-blocking terrain.

The story with the infantry is basically I am building up to 30 man squads, but I haven't got the models yet. I realise this is a bit of a weak point, especially for the squad that is supposed to advance with melta guns, but there's not much I can do. I will see if I can scrape up some spare models and go 30-30 rather than 20-20-20.

Scions are deep striking of course, personally this is one bit of the list I have no doubt about, it's the best use for them in my eyes and gives an effect not much else in the army can do.

Have to keep the quad gun since I have no vendetta, what I will look at doing is changing tank types, rearranging the infantry and squeezing a manticore back in.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ultragonk posted:

Hello, I have a question for Ork players or anyone who knows. Had a game yesterday and an argument came about about the use of the Lifta-Droppa the Ork player was adamant that it auto-hit but his opponent was sure that the rules had changed, can anyone clear this up and point me in the direction of the correct rules? Thanks.

I did some digging and it looks like there was a 'new' lifta droppa published in one of the imperial armor books that needs a 4+ to function properly. What I don't know is if this is mandatory, or if the old apocalypse one is still valid, or what. Apocalypse confuses me.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Master Twig posted:

I got this guy from box to this in about 5 hours.

And with that, my Renegade open list is now fully painted and WYSYWIG.

2 Hive Tyrants with wings, devourers, electroshock grubs, one has Hive Commander
30 Termagants, 15 of which have devourers
1 Tervigon with electroshock grubs
2 Exocrines
1 Crone
1 Malanthrope
1 Knight Paladin

In prep games it has been highly successful. Now I just need to test it against Naramyth to see if it's legit.

The model Looks good bud. loving malantheopes are awesome, 3 fliers are pretty good, I'd put the grubs on the other flyrant instead of the tervigon. Your list looks good for renegade but may struggle against a flier heavy army. I think the meta is going to shift to A strong air game because of knights and I think you may struggle if you get some bad draws, especially since they are going to allow any hovering flier to score. However I like nid air way more then the nid ground game.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Ignite Memories posted:

I did some digging and it looks like there was a 'new' lifta droppa published in one of the imperial armor books that needs a 4+ to function properly. What I don't know is if this is mandatory, or if the old apocalypse one is still valid, or what. Apocalypse confuses me.

It's mandatory. You can thank Ghost Hand, he personally made sure the Lifta Droppa wasn't as obsenely broken as the original incarnation.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

gently caress YOU, ghost hand!! Not cool bro.

I was definitely going to finish that big mek stompa someday.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 12, 2014

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Thanks for the answers, it was a bit confusing.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Naramyth posted:

The model Looks good bud. loving malantheopes are awesome, 3 fliers are pretty good, I'd put the grubs on the other flyrant instead of the tervigon. Your list looks good for renegade but may struggle against a flier heavy army. I think the meta is going to shift to A strong air game because of knights and I think you may struggle if you get some bad draws, especially since they are going to allow any hovering flier to score. However I like nid air way more then the nid ground game.

Both tyrants have the grubs. The only difference between the two is hive commander. One of my buddies has run three storm talons and a storm raven, with lots of white scar bikers. I haven't played him with this list yet, but I think I would struggle.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
So what exactly does the Bastion Upgrade Pack do? Can it be used to flesh out a single bastion, or does it need two of them to actually accomplish anything?

Edit: Also, is the Imperial Bunker hollow underneath like the other Wall of Martyrs stuff?

A Shitty Reporter fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 12, 2014

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

An Angry Bug posted:

So what exactly does the Bastion Upgrade Pack do? Can it be used to flesh out a single bastion, or does it need two of them to actually accomplish anything?

Edit: Also, is the Imperial Bunker hollow underneath like the other Wall of Martyrs stuff?

Yes to the second bit. It's one hollow sprue.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

An Angry Bug posted:

I've never seen that before, but that's just part of the Bastion Kit. It's the Icarus Lascannon, Comms Relay, the emplaced Heavy Bolters, some detail bits, and a roof. No idea why they're selling it separately.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Darn. How do they justify charging that much for a hollow shell like that? Their other terrain seems much higher quality. And that is odd about the bastion bits. Maybe they originally planned on having a version of the kit that didn't have them, like with the vehicles that have upgrade screws.

Edit: Wait a minute. The normal bastion has only the top floor, and nothing inside where the bolter turrets are. The upgrade kit has extra floor bits that would probably fit inside there. Not sure it would do much good since that part's usually sealed off, or what purpose the extra lascannon would serve.

Edit 2: Just looked up an unboxing of the bunker. Much better than feared. I thought it was just one single part.

A Shitty Reporter fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 12, 2014

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

I got in my first game with the new DE book last night. We played 1500 points. My opponent took a very 5E list with 3 wagons full of boys, his warboss and nobs in a trukk, a jet and a squadron of koptas. I took a bit of everything: tooled up archon with WWP leading 10 wracks spamming liquefiers, 2 squads of warriors in boats, wyches in a boat, reavers, 10 scourges, and a razorwing.

Everything performed as expected. The wyches didn't kill much, but they scored an objective and held up as a decent speedbump, which is all I wanted from them. The scourges got a really bad DS scatter and went about hosing boys with shardcarbines instead of shooting his wagons. But that was okay because my boat lances were on fire and the reavers made their heat lance shots. Those reavers were most impressive, blowing up a wagon and tearing up a squad of boys with HoW hits. My archon and wracks were decent, dropping in and finishing off a squad of boys and then bouncing the squad that charged them. The warriors in boats were a solid backbone, and splinter racks are a great bonus.

I'm pretty happy with the book. New PfP is fantastic, and I am looking forward to experimenting with different WWP combos.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Can anyone post a detailed writeup of IA:13?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

PeterWeller posted:

I got in my first game with the new DE book last night. We played 1500 points. My opponent took a very 5E list with 3 wagons full of boys, his warboss and nobs in a trukk, a jet and a squadron of koptas. I took a bit of everything: tooled up archon with WWP leading 10 wracks spamming liquefiers, 2 squads of warriors in boats, wyches in a boat, reavers, 10 scourges, and a razorwing.

Everything performed as expected. The wyches didn't kill much, but they scored an objective and held up as a decent speedbump, which is all I wanted from them. The scourges got a really bad DS scatter and went about hosing boys with shardcarbines instead of shooting his wagons. But that was okay because my boat lances were on fire and the reavers made their heat lance shots. Those reavers were most impressive, blowing up a wagon and tearing up a squad of boys with HoW hits. My archon and wracks were decent, dropping in and finishing off a squad of boys and then bouncing the squad that charged them. The warriors in boats were a solid backbone, and splinter racks are a great bonus.

I'm pretty happy with the book. New PfP is fantastic, and I am looking forward to experimenting with different WWP combos.

I forgot about my Reavers! I have to try them next, before I dive into the Haemonculus Covens book or buy any new models. Also, the Reavers need to be painted, so there's that...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Played a game with a few old buddies and a new one The Sisko kid. It was a 3 on 2 game and I started drinking early so the finer points were lost on me but I do recall Siskos big dumb suit vaporizing my deep striking librarian and assault squad in one shot. Also we managed to tie the called game because my warlord chapter master got stuck with the trait that awards extra VP for killing characters. He plowed through two squads and tied it for us. Clearly we would have lost sooner or later. My army was kinda tooled up for power armor saves and effectively using cover. The Sisko totally ruined that with marker lights.

Wan not impressed with ultramarine tactics. Managed to remember to use them this time at least. Going to go another directions with them next time.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Genghis Cohen posted:

The CCS I have in there for orders - I dispute that I should just get artillery instead, the MoO isn't 80 pts, he's 20 on top of 60pts I am happy to pay for orders. Personally I find that unit relatively survivable as I just stick it right at the back behind LoS-blocking terrain.

The story with the infantry is basically I am building up to 30 man squads, but I haven't got the models yet. I realise this is a bit of a weak point, especially for the squad that is supposed to advance with melta guns, but there's not much I can do. I will see if I can scrape up some spare models and go 30-30 rather than 20-20-20.

Scions are deep striking of course, personally this is one bit of the list I have no doubt about, it's the best use for them in my eyes and gives an effect not much else in the army can do.

Have to keep the quad gun since I have no vendetta, what I will look at doing is changing tank types, rearranging the infantry and squeezing a manticore back in.

The issue with using the CCS for orders is basically twofold: one, your list doesn't actually benefit from orders nearly as much as some do; even with the changes I suggest, you've got two blobs of thirty guys, which compared to having units of forty or more isn't nearly as impressive. And two, the CCS is unlikely to make it through the game for long in order to leverage the orders- it's five Guardsmen in a tank with long AV10 side armor. Chances are good someone is going to blast them out and then pound them with some shots and then you're down 150pts. Both issues can be mitigated, but especially the way you have your list built (i.e. a lot of points sunk into heavy tanks, as opposed to infantry) I don't feel there is a ton of benefit to running the CCS. If you're desperate for orders, take Commissar Yarrick- that guy is a badass.

Mmm, fair enough on the squads. Making IG armies is expensive; even if it means "mixing" squads I would get the 30/30 split at this point, though, since there's really no compelling reason to run three Platoons the way you are.

As I said, the Quad Gun is perfectly acceptable, I was just kinda throwing options out there; since you already are bringing Stormtroopers (which I think most people underestimate), I figured it was a suggestions worth looking at.

LingcodKilla posted:

Wan not impressed with ultramarine tactics. Managed to remember to use them this time at least. Going to go another directions with them next time.

None of the Ultramarine tactics are huge, blow-you-away overpowering effects, but that's really not how they roll. The big thing about UM is that their Tactic is always useful, no matter what you're doing and you can use it to swing key turns of the game as needed. Wanna alpha strike a guy out as your Drop Pods come down? UM has you covered. Need to wait until the other guy's flyers disembark all of their nasty troops, then gun them down? Not a problem. Going for a key assault this turn and wanna make sure it gets through? Have some rerolls to push the dice in your favor. For virtually any army and any situation, Ultramarine tactics will offer a non-trivial benefit two or three turns of the game. They're flexible and useful, even when they're not always the most powerful or specialized; I feel it captures the feel of the chapter pretty perfectly.

Plus, Tiggy is a monster this time around.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
So I've been working on my Black Legion and I'd like to give them a "13th Black Crusade" feel. As I recall back from the Eye of Terror campaign, there was a store event that Games Workshop ran with Abaddon, where they made a custom model of Abaddon on a giant tank called "Cerberus" that was made from two land raiders bashed together and could demolish sections of the wall in an Imperial fortress. Does anyone know where I can find a photo of this model? I've been searching but I haven't been able to find anything and I wanted to see what it might be like to build it before I just buy a FW Cerberus and mod that.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ignite Memories posted:

edit: SRM, I am ready for our game next week! Every painted model in my army is now based. that makes about 2085 points of orks totally finished :D
Helllll yeah! Let's figure out a game time and do a big game. I'll take pictures of our purdy hams and post them in the thread. If we play at my place beer will be had, we can hang out as long as we want, and no weird nerds will tell us about their incredibly homophobic armies like last time.

Also Direwolf, hood job on Belial. He looks more dynamic now. Now paint that bad boy up!

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
I loooooove this model and I really like how he turned out, and I just wish there was any use for him at all in my Deathwing.

I'd play with him rather than Belial in a heartbeat, but I don't have enough points to run 2 HQ and have it make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
More HH Deets:

quote:

-SA troop carrier can carry 20 models with the lascannon option or 10 with the demolisher cannon.
-SA stormtroopers all have void hardened carapace armor and are armed with volkites
-Las rifles are range 30" (hey Tau, eat my gently caress)
-StormHammer has 4 Battlecannons, 4 twin-linked lascannons, and 8 twin-linked heavy bolters along with heavy Armour all around

• Locked thread