Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Wouldn't that getup make it really obvious that he's blind, though?
Given that he's pulling off all kinds of poo poo normal blind people can't do, I'd reckon most people would discard the thought pretty quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Haha, that makes me wonder why Daredevil's mask has eye holes in the first place. I suspect the answer is, "Because that's what superhero masks are like!! Why would we change the formula??"

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Wendell posted:

Haha, that makes me wonder why Daredevil's mask has eye holes in the first place. I suspect the answer is, "Because that's what superhero masks are like!! Why would we change the formula??"

Actually typically it's drawn with the eye areas colorednin in the same color as the costume, notnwith eye holes

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yes, they are red in the same way that Batman's eyeholes are white. Thank you for the pedantry.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wendell posted:

presumably Daredevil does not want people to know that he is actually blind

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

When I first saw this I wondered why they used a shot of Daredevil from "The Trial of the Incredible Hulk".

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Age of Ultron trailer sounds interesting. Seems like they might actually be acknowledging how all the heroes keep killing people.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

presumably Daredevil does not want people to know that he is actually blind

Wouldn't it be way scarier that a blind guy is beating your rear end without breaking a sweat?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Wouldn't it be way scarier that a blind guy is beating your rear end without breaking a sweat?

Probably, but y'know, the whole secret identity thing.

That being said, I like the Man Without Fear look.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Plus being blind is kind of a huge vulnerability to expose to someone in a fight.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jamesman posted:

Age of Ultron trailer sounds interesting. Seems like they might actually be acknowledging how all the heroes keep killing people.

Was a new trailer released? Youtube is just turning up a bunch of fakes.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Cythereal posted:

Not to the public, but at some comic convention.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

They should just go for broke and make a Mosaic trilogy.

quote:

(A)s I was told at the time, it didn’t fit with DC editorial vision (whatever that means). Sales didn’t matter, fan support didn’t matter; the first issue sold about 210,000 copies and my last issue sold about 70,000, so there was plenty of support for the book. It was marked for cancellation when issue #5 came out, and they allowed Gerry Jones a year to wrap it up, but there was no doubt that it was being cancelled because somebody upstairs just didn’t care for it. So, I had a feeling after a while of creatively being against a brick wall, and got out before the end. You pay your money, you takes your chances. That’s the biz.[1]

Man, what's DC's beef with John Stewart. It's like Miles Morales except the disdain is completely within the company.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

At NYCC, but I guess it's going to be the theatrical trailer that will be coming out attached to some movies soon. Apperently, it opens up with everyone drinking and trying to lift Mjolnir. Ultron comes in and comments about how none of them can lift it because they are not worthy, because they are all killers, and starts attacking them.

So I hope that actually has some weight behind it.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Ultron had been created already so the avengers get drunk, goof off and Ultron sneaks up on them and beats them up? In what world does that make any sense? No way.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

935 posted:

Ultron had been created already so the avengers get drunk, goof off and Ultron sneaks up on them and beats them up? In what world does that make any sense? No way.

Nah. The Avengers destroy Hydra in the opening few minutes, go to celebrate, get drunk and party when a lovely, old and broken Ultron comes in and makes an rear end of himself before Tony turns him off.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Some AoU trailer is going to be attached to Interstellar in a few weeks.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

It may not be the permanent costume for Daredevil, but I love it and I hope it is.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Has anyone said anything about the netflix series being alotted more blood than the movies?

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Some AoU trailer is going to be attached to Interstellar in a few weeks.

Oh poo poo, guess I know what I'm doing next month! I don't particularly enjoy the standalone Marvel films but there's something special about The Avengers (and Guardians, they're pretty similar now that I think about it). Also James Spader's voice is heaven.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Doflamingo posted:

Oh poo poo, guess I know what I'm doing next month! I don't particularly enjoy the standalone Marvel films but there's something special about The Avengers (and Guardians, they're pretty similar now that I think about it). Also James Spader's voice is heaven.

You should watch Interstellar anyway (though it is 3 hours long).

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I'd definitely prefer that outfit be red, but I'm happy enough that it's not armored and reflects the notion of a man without fear.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I wonder how they'll make Iron Fist look. It's a pretty similar take.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

935 posted:

In the regular comic world? What about this seems weird to you?

Ultron was a regular robot before he went batshit. It makes sense he'd be around and the Avengers would have their guard down around him.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Marvel already released an official plot summary, explaining that Tony helps to establish this force of 'drone robots' that had been previously planned, but then something goes wrong and it becomes Ultron.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Marvel already released an official plot summary, explaining that Tony helps to establish this force of 'drone robots' that had been previously planned, but then something goes wrong and it becomes Ultron.

From what's been said, the "something goes wrong" is Ultron going "You're all loving morons and this poo poo you want me to do won't work."

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Davros1 posted:

When I first saw this I wondered why they used a shot of Daredevil from "The Trial of the Incredible Hulk".

I thought the exact same thing, hah. Had no idea the black body sock and eyeless mask was an actual comics look.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Apparently there was some Ant-Man footage shown at NYCC the scene was In the Ant-Man scene, we hear the voice of Hank Pym as he introduced himself to a tiny armored Scott Lang as Ant-Man running through the streets. Pym introduces Lang to a relatively large fly that Pym is able to call on to take him where he needs to go.

I wouldn't mind if they went for a Batman Beyondesque story with Pym being the Bruce to Lang's Terry

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

From what's been said, the "something goes wrong" is Ultron going "You're all loving morons and this poo poo you want me to do won't work."

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Don't know why it seems so hard for 935 to believe.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Cythereal posted:

p. sure it's more specifically going to be "you programmed me to protect humanity, humanity's biggest threat is itself, therefore EXTERMINATE".

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TetsuoTW posted:

p. sure it's more specifically going to be "you programmed me to protect humanity, humanity's biggest threat is itself, therefore EXTERMINATE".

Or if they wanted to be daring, "Humanity's greatest threat are superheroes".

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

Robots that think that are so stupid, just idiot robots. It doesn't even make sense

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

computer parts posted:

Or if they wanted to be daring, "Humanity's greatest threat are superheroes".

ultron realizes just like SMG that the Avengers are SHIELD are HYDRA beep boop kill capitalism, fully robotic communism now

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

setafd posted:

ultron realizes just like SMG that the Avengers are SHIELD are HYDRA beep boop kill capitalism, fully robotic communism now

Did you come from the future?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Apparently the new footage from Ant-Man and Age of Ultron is getting very positive reviews. November 9th is going to be the official release of the Ultron trailer attached to Interstellar and the Ant-Man footage is going to be released after that.

Age of Ultron trailer tidbits:

- The footage is set to a haunting rendition of Got No Strings from Pinocchio, which we reported on back in July.

- We see Hulk fighting different members of the Avengers, from Iron Man to Vision.

- The trailer ends with that ominous scene of the Avengers scattered on a hill, with Iron Man looking up at – something. Noticeable in the shot is Steve Rogers’ shattered shield.

Also in semi-related news Dave Bautista is going to be a villian in the next Bond movie.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Robert Downey's going to be in Captain America 3, and it'll be the Civil War storyline.

quote:

Originally, Marvel wanted to hire Downey for a small role, which would have required just three weeks of work. But Downey wanted Stark to have a more substantial role in the film’s plot, which would give him more screen time and naturally a bigger payday. This angered Marvel Entertainment chief Ike Perlmutter, who ordered the screenwriters to write Iron Man out of the script entirely, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress yeah. That sounds dope.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Jesus, Perlmutter is a petty rear end in a top hat.

e: That said, this is probably going to finally be a version of Civil War that doesn't suck. :toot:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

morestuff posted:

Robert Downey's going to be in Captain America 3, and it'll be the Civil War storyline.

:dance: That's going to be rad. Whats not rad is going to try and explain it to my in-laws who the "bad guy" is in the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

morestuff posted:

There are like 6 "metas" in the current MCU, though.

• Locked thread