Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aximus
Aug 18, 2010

Defleshed posted:

I hope so! I just know that Fort Bragg has kind of a crappy reputation.

If Bragg can make EOD gay, it can make anything gay. We roomed with some CA officers and a NCO for a bit at JRTC. Didn't understand half the poo poo they said that was hosed up, but they were talking about the NCO somehow ended up being "Rear D", for JRTC. poo poo blew our goddamn minds.

Aximus fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Defleshed posted:

I hope so! I just know that Fort Bragg has kind of a crappy reputation.

Are you going to have to do gay AGR admin poo poo all day every day, or will you actually be lawyering? Because I could see JAG and stuff like that actually being pretty chill AGR positions in that you get to do your job and don't have to worry about making sure chucklefucks show up to schools.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

psydude posted:

Are you going to have to do gay AGR admin poo poo all day every day, or will you actually be lawyering? Because I could see JAG and stuff like that actually being pretty chill AGR positions in that you get to do your job and don't have to worry about making sure chucklefucks show up to schools.

It's JAG AGR, so lawyer stuff.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Does anyone know anything about compassionate reassignment? Just got news today that my dad's cancer is back in a bad way, and my mom's cardiomyopathy makes it hard for her to take care of herself, let alone my dad as well. A neighbor at my last base said he got stationed there because of a similar situation in his family. I've found the listed requirements (DA Form 3739, written explanation from me, written explanations from the oncologist and cardiologist, and a letter from my commander) but is this something the Army even really does? I just want to be close enough to help my family out when they need it, especially since my sister just moved across the country with her Navy husband and they won't have anyone nearby.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Aranan posted:

Does anyone know anything about compassionate reassignment? Just got news today that my dad's cancer is back in a bad way, and my mom's cardiomyopathy makes it hard for her to take care of herself, let alone my dad as well. A neighbor at my last base said he got stationed there because of a similar situation in his family. I've found the listed requirements (DA Form 3739, written explanation from me, written explanations from the oncologist and cardiologist, and a letter from my commander) but is this something the Army even really does? I just want to be close enough to help my family out when they need it, especially since my sister just moved across the country with her Navy husband and they won't have anyone nearby.

A friend of mine got bounced out of Korea after a couple months on compassionate reassignment, it was some hush-hush poo poo happening between her and her soon-to-be ex-husband about her kid. So it's possible, but who the hell knows about likelihood.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Aranan posted:

It's certainly a thing that happens. Had one or two in my unit, but didn't handle the paperwork myself, so I can't really say exactly how they made it happen. Bring it up with your chain asap. The sooner you can get the ball rolling, the better.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Aranan posted:

From what I have seen, like most "out of the ordinary" things in the Army, whether or not it happens is nearly entirely dependent on your chain of command. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your relationship with them, but it also means you have to be the squeaky wheel about it constantly until you get a final answer one way or the other.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Thanks, guys. I'll start filling out paperwork and talk to my first line about it tomorrow. Fortunately, my chain of command seems to be pretty decent so hopefully something good will come of this.

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

Mr. Nice! posted:

Congrats!! Staying on the island or coming back mainland?

Mainland. I'd planned to stay here but my mom needs looking after. Flint, MI here I come :suicide:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

GreenMeat posted:

Mainland. I'd planned to stay here but my mom needs looking after. Flint, MI here I come :suicide:

I'm gonna visit some old friends in flint this winter. Mid December.

Your welcome to come get inebriated and swap stories with us.

:)

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

Obama Africanus posted:

I'm gonna visit some old friends in flint this winter. Mid December.

Your welcome to come get inebriated and swap stories with us.

:)

Hell yes! I'll get there early November.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Anyone have experience with Camp Carroll?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm going in for shoulder surgery tomorrow at Womack. How screwed am I?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hope you whack it with the other arm.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Pesticide20 posted:

gently caress Womak, they kept doing surgeries on me because they couldn't figure out my obstructed bowel. Go to Duke, its covered under Tricare.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Pesticide20 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsKVSziyKrg

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I love this movie. Need to (legally) download this right now.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Gotta jerk off to the scene of the guy getting his face melted off by chemical weapons.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i reckon i could probably fight everyone in this thread and win

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Ratjaculation posted:

i reckon i could probably fight everyone in this thread and win

I don't believe in violence.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

zombie303 posted:

I don't believe in violence.

I believe we could gently restrain him and make tender love to his mouth.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Nacho Destroyer posted:

It's in Korea, so it's probably really gay

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I believe we could gently restrain him and make tender love to his mouth.

but you need protruding genitals to do that

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ratjaculation posted:

but you need protruding genitals to do that

My micropenis is more than adequate.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Serious question: have any solder goons gone to help against ebola?

My micropenis is more than adequate.

:unsmith:

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Ratjaculation posted:

Serious question: have any solder goons gone to help against ebola?

:unsmith:

I hope not, that poo poo would scare me more than any talib ever could.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hope you whack it with the other arm.

I'm ambidextrous for that, so I'm fine there.

A better response than I could have ever imagined.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Nacho Destroyer posted:

Korea was, is, and always will be the most retarded, amazing, and amazingly retarded assignment in the entire army. Just know that before you go, and lube accordingly.

I was there back in '07, but that whole place is stuck in some kind of Vietnam/Gulf War mashup time warp, so I doubt much has changed. ADA was always in the field, 501st CO made the salute zone a mile from wherever some poor bastard enlisted stood, and the MPs were too busy pulling people out of turtle ditches and investigating whoever dismembered their Philipino wife in the bathtub that week to give much of a poo poo about noise complaints. The class six was a little bigger than a large shed, but it was only a ten minute hike to any of the barracks, as was the gas station-sized "commissary". Everyone had a weird hardon for some steep loving hill out by the BOQ, so have fun with that. Getting anything done required a 45 minute bus ride to one of the camps in Daegu. All the brass for the area was there, so naturally that was the only decent PX and commissary for a lot of miles. The gate guards were all locals with really big sticks, and wouldn't hesitate to beat your drunk rear end with them if you decided to run the gate at curfew. They had no problem whatsoever with us setting up a BBQ and selling hotdogs to people coming in, though, which was great for beer money and curfew drama.

The town itself wasn't bad, there just isn't anything really going on unless it's market day. I think I ran into one rear end in a top hat local, ever; most people were polite, or at worst indifferent. The area just outside gate 4 (I think that was it, the one with all the bars) is pretty poo poo, but the dude that does custom suits and the chicken on a stick place were worth the short walk. The train station isn't too far away, and that should be your destination every time the army isn't grinding away at your soul and sanity. Grab a train, go loving somewhere, man. Bull fights, wine tunnel, burial mound city, Daegu proper, Seoul, doesn't matter, just go. Buy a whole pig in town, drag it onto a train in a wagon, and grill that bitch on the beach over a long weekend. If you spend all your time there getting trashed in people's rooms, trying to gently caress the barracks queen, and avoiding everywhere that isn't full of miserable army trash, you deserve the buttfucking you get.

The cabbies that don't speak English are really good at Charades, and it's not too hard to convince them to be an all day chauffeur and let you and your buddies clown-car the cab for around $100 on a slow day. Incidentally, take cash for everything; I don't remember many places that could take magnetic-stripe cards.

gently caress me, that got long. Short version: it's pretty gay, but it could be worse.

Suntan Boy fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 16, 2014

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Suntan Boy posted:

Korea was, is, and always will be the most retarded, amazing, and amazingly retarded assignment in the entire army. Just know that before you go, and lube accordingly.

You can pretty much stop there.

Ninja edit: Wait, 2-1 going to the field constantly? :lol: 35th's idea of the field is sleeping in your loving barracks or, at worst, gp mediums/larges. It's so bad "roughing it" twice a year up at Warrior Base with hard buildings including barracks, showers, DFAC, and a goddamn gym. Oh, and the Korean snack bar sells loving amazing chicken cheese ramen.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

GreenMeat posted:

Clearing papers in hand, final out 22 October, sign out on terminal on the 28th. Gross pension $4041/month plus whatever bone the VA throws me, which should be a loving Mastodon femur given all the poo poo in my med records. I may or may not have dodged any sort of retirement ceremony, but I sure ain't gonna bring it up.

Thanks, it's been a hoot.

Congrats man.

So, who is the new longest-serving Gipper now?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Poopkitty is a navy :chiefsay: that is closing in on retirement as well.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
How the gently caress do people fail the PT test by 4 seconds? Jesus gently caress you were going to be pinned as a 5 you gently caress.

cmdrpinky
Oct 1, 2003

like dis if u laugh errytime

cmdrpinky
Oct 1, 2003

DoktorLoken posted:

Fort Bliss is ugly and El Paso seems dumpy, but the PX area here is ridiculous.
my info is dated, but the best spots are on the westside by utep/ Cincinnati street, and way east side sorta by tinseltown.

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

You can pretty much stop there.

Ninja edit: Wait, 2-1 going to the field constantly? :lol: 35th's idea of the field is sleeping in your loving barracks or, at worst, gp mediums/larges. It's so bad "roughing it" twice a year up at Warrior Base with hard buildings including barracks, showers, DFAC, and a goddamn gym. Oh, and the Korean snack bar sells loving amazing chicken cheese ramen.
chicken cheese ramen + spicy beef bulgogi ftw

this is a visual summary of a year in SK w/ ADA, key themes are Table VIII's and alcoholism:

fin

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Its good to see Suwon hasnt changed in 8 years.

Edit: Holy gently caress it's been 8 loving years :psyduck:

Carteret fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 17, 2014

cmdrpinky
Oct 1, 2003

i think most of these were taken in '07

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
so glad i went to germany and not korea

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I would put Korea on top as worst duty station in the army if we were doing that kind of thing.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Mike-o posted:

so glad i went to germany and not korea

gently caress all ya'lls Asian misery, I'm on my fifth hefeweizen. Europe Army = the only acceptable means of Armying. The day my DEROS comes around is the day I go to behavioral health and start cutting.

e: and I left work at 2 o clock today because I am a filthy noble and I can. Fucks =< 0.
e2: and my hair has not been this long since was in high school. Also because I am a filthy noble and I can.

Whipped Buttcheeks fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Korea would have been great if it wasn't for the whole army thing.

• Locked thread