Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its really annoying because the aztecs could be real fun to play as an actual nation in north america but its dogpiss thanks to their tech group's insanely limited vision and how boring they are for the first 100 loving years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

It was in one of the streams. Probably more about it in this week or next week's dev diary (expansion is out the 30th I think?)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

aow is supposed to add a bunch of provinces/nations to mesoamerica tho

e: thats what i get for closing the korsun pocket instead of reloading

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

cool. gooniversalis and other mods made more divided central america and unique poo poo so its good to see it applied to south and central

Gooniversalis, lmfao. That sounds epic.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

Gooniversalis, lmfao. That sounds epic.

Lmao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just stomped all over Ottomans and Mamlukes, epicly, and then had half my army killed by rebels in Rashid. :downsbravo:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the games eu4 thread....

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

i tried an iroqouis game just to see if they made it less loving homo with conquest of paradise

its actually p sweet, there's stuff to do and north americans can do more besides sit there and slowly upgrade tech after conquering their 2 or 3 neighbors

meso/south america did not get touched at all and is still AWFUL. they didnt even port the unique ideas they get from ck2 converter into vanilla wtf. i thought all new world nations sucked but turns out that just inca/aztec, north america is decently fun to play now. maybe it will suck poo poo balls once england and france show up though.

If I learned anything from my pueblo game I would suggest making a navy that can maybe destroy those guy's boats if you can because it seems like chances are they'll have at least decent armies and decent navies and you'll maybe have one or the other and navies are kinda easier to deal with.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus kinda by virtue unless you were able to colonize most of NA before the 1500s their just gonna have more dudes to throw at you in general.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Plus kinda by virtue unless you were able to colonize most of NA before the 1500s their just gonna have more dudes to throw at you in general.

I survived Great Britain raping my rear end as Cherokee by pure luck. They took some of my poo poo when I first met them, but France kicked their rear end in a war I wasn't even involved in and they returned my cores.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

By the time the truce wore off I had European allies and was Christian.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I might try Pueblo again and expand to California right off and fend off the Spaniards.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I survived Great Britain raping my rear end as Cherokee by pure luck. They took some of my poo poo when I first met them, but France kicked their rear end in a war I wasn't even involved in and they returned my cores.

Wow, thanks France!

They're not ALL bad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

France deliberately just sat on a province they didn't even want to max out my war exhaustion, so I hate them, both in game and in real life.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

France is my best friend in venice game.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

After I defeated Sparta, I stomped the rest of Peloponnese easily and I've gotten most of the Athenian Empire's islands at this point.

Once I let my supplies recover a bit I'll launch my campaign against Crete and then I can finish off the Balkans and take on Persia. Then I'll finish the campaign and have cured my autism.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

France is my best friend in venice game.

It's so sick when you can get France to be your friend. Be careful though cause when you take Indian stuff... they'll eventually get the Indian coast mission and hate you until they cancel it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

It's so sick when you can get France to be your friend. Be careful though cause when you take Indian stuff... they'll eventually get the Indian coast mission and hate you until they cancel it

I'm probably going to stop playing when I get the Chieve.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm probably going to stop playing when I get the Chieve.

What's next?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

OkieMurse posted:

What's next?

I'll probably play Charlemange.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Japan game is going well, learning as I go. Took Johore and sent lots of diplomats to suck off the British in hopes that they let me keep it. I'm 90% of the way to westernized but not there yet. My transports morale/health keeps dropping like a rock even when my ships are not at sea. Am I missing something about supplying ships or is this just part of being an unciv?

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

OkieMurse posted:

Japan game is going well, learning as I go. Took Johore and sent lots of diplomats to suck off the British in hopes that they let me keep it. I'm 90% of the way to westernized but not there yet. My transports morale/health keeps dropping like a rock even when my ships are not at sea. Am I missing something about supplying ships or is this just part of being an unciv?

The world market is dumb and works by prioritizing people with the highest prestige. Check your navy because you're probably too lowly ranked to get something you need.

Anyway if you don't know... Invest in mil reforms that gives you research points for conquering dudes and then beat up uncivs. Probably Korea.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Venetian Sea is hard...I have all the provinces I need, but not enough Trade power to get much further over 80%. I think I need to fill out expansion, naval, maritime and quantity and poo poo out an enormous amount of ships. Sigh. I wish I thought of this before I sold all my provinces.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wonder if going reformed and using trade fervour would help.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i feel like playing kaiserreich again should i be canada or mongolia

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I cannot freaking wait for charlemagne, a divided mauretania means that expansion over there will be easier than ever.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Is there a mod for maybe CK2 or whatever to play as the roman republic? Fighting the punic wars etc.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Is there a mod for maybe CK2 or whatever to play as the roman republic? Fighting the punic wars etc.

dunno about ck but there are some eu4 roman mods out there

also europa universalis rome but it's p loving poo poo

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I started watching the stream from today and it looks like Byzantium has new hats in Charlemagne :siren::siren::siren:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The dudes in the Games thread are real mad about nerfing retinues and the changes that make holding massive empires together more difficult.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

the games thread is epically bad

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

K. Flaps posted:

if you reconquer enough as the byzantines you can reform the roman empire in the medieval period

and eventually port that to eu4

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know why the Games thread is so upset about retinue nerfs because that period before you snowball with retinues is probably the only dynamic part of the game where you can actually lose a fight. I'd prefer the AI just stop being retarded as poo poo with them, as well as a numbers nerf, though.

please tell me i'm not the only person who thinks its so loving retarded that there are so many events in euiv where its like 'lose 1 stability' or 'lose some monarch points'. or the ones where its like 'lose a bunch of stability and money and tax and trade power, or get rebels'. wtf. who thought that was fun? i feel like i just get poo poo on by the rng constantly when i'm not doing a unique mission or something. its especially bad before you get some idea sets unlocked.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

I cannot freaking wait for charlemagne, a divided mauretania means that expansion over there will be easier than ever.

Mauretaneia.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

please tell me i'm not the only person who thinks its so loving retarded that there are so many events in euiv where its like 'lose 1 stability' or 'lose some monarch points'. or the ones where its like 'lose a bunch of stability and money and tax and trade power, or get rebels'. wtf. who thought that was fun? i feel like i just get poo poo on by the rng constantly when i'm not doing a unique mission or something. its especially bad before you get some idea sets unlocked.

its gay

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Mauretaneia.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I think I overprepared for my invasion of Crete. I built a huge navy and brought all of my troops from conquering Peloponnese

Stormy season hit about the time I took their first city so I had my fleet docked there the whole time... and then by the end of stormy season I had taken the whole island. Oops.

Well now I can beat up the rest of the Balkans that I haven't beaten up already and start fighting Persia in Asia Minor and the game will be done.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Pewdiepie posted:

Mauretaneia.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hey, Asswholes. It's been the 14th for like a whole day now. Where's Charlemagne.