Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

dsriggs posted:

GFW Presents

The new NWA, ladies and gentlemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
A reminder, from April:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/biggest-loser-creator-bring-new-696160

quote:

"It just won't be a bunch of wrestling matches; we have exciting announcements to come. TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match. Global Force Wrestling is not going to do that. There will be matches but there will be a lot more and a lot more variety placed into the actual events that will be really innovative and fresh,"

So we've gone from "less wrestling, more innovative & fresh angles, 52 weeks a year" to "US distribution rights for New Japan PPVs"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

New Japan PPVs are much, much better than I could have hoped for (from a 'wow this will be unironically a good product to watch' perspective, that is. From a negative perspective there was no limit to how low I thought they could go).

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

dsriggs posted:

GFW Presents

:siren:GFW PRESESNTS GWF'S GWF PPV of new japan pro wrestling FOR GFW FANS:siren:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Neither TNA nor WWE are "Match after match after match" and I'm not sure if that's for the better or worst anymore.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

Neither TNA nor WWE are "Match after match after match" and I'm not sure if that's for the better or worst anymore.

njpw is, however!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oatgan posted:

njpw is, however!
I just thought it was ironic that GFW were trying to offer the "Alternative" to WWE and TNA which was exactly the same, until they accidentally stumbled upon NJPW and they're actually a legitimate alternative now. They'll quickly be better than TNA. As long as Jado and Gedo keep booking and NJPW keeps putting on great matches, maybe they'll grow enough to become a competitor.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

I just thought it was ironic that GFW were trying to offer the "Alternative" to WWE and TNA which was exactly the same, until they accidentally stumbled upon NJPW and they're actually a legitimate alternative now. They'll quickly be better than TNA. As long as Jado and Gedo keep booking and NJPW keeps putting on great matches, maybe they'll grow enough to become a competitor.

No #2 in the world's pretty drat good and they have room for growth in their domestic market. There really is a limit to how popular they can get in the US though but I think they can at least do enough buys (ROH type numbers) to make it worthwhile for everyone involved.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I just hope this means ROH and NJPW will still cross promote.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

dsriggs posted:

A reminder, from April:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/biggest-loser-creator-bring-new-696160

So we've gone from "less wrestling, more innovative & fresh angles, 52 weeks a year" to "US distribution rights for New Japan PPVs"

So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show....that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i'm not kidding that jeff jarrett should be winning promoter of the year if he pulls off portraying new japan as a gfw product. that's plans on top of plans.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If all GFW is is NJPW PPVs with English commentary it will be my new favorite promotion.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TheJoker138 posted:

If all GFW is is NJPW PPVs with English commentary it will be my new favorite promotion.

Big Dave will rate GFW and NJPW separately and subtract .25 stars for English announcers

Also :lol: if Jeff Jarrett just ends up inventing NWA II: This Time, It's Global

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JJ is the next Kriss Kloss.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tokyo Dome is currently planned to air live from Japan with an 8 PM Eastern replay, and GFW being the US PPV distributor for all New Japan PPVs is being discussed between the two and TV-Asahi (whom New Japan are in the final stages of negotiations with). Jeff Jarrett Promoter of The Year 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If this actually happens and GFW just becomes Japanese wrestling PPVs with English commentary, I'm going to take the money I was spending on the WWE Network and put it towards this. I can't believe I'm excited for something Jeff loving Jarrett is involved with.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

If this actually happens and GFW just becomes Japanese wrestling PPVs with English commentary, I'm going to take the money I was spending on the WWE Network and put it towards this. I can't believe I'm excited for something Jeff loving Jarrett is involved with.

Now that I think about it, this does sound pretty great

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
What a goddamned genius Jeff Jarrett is.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah, NJPW with good English commentary that covers both the in-ring action and the feuds going on, and maybe subtitles for in-ring promos, sounds 100% awesome. NJPW has always put on good-to-great matches, all it's really missing for me is knowing what the hell is going on without having someone on psp.tv there to explain things.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Under the vegetable posted:

I mean seriously, if GFW is just NJPW English and it catches on he's a genius.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

I mean seriously, if GFW is just NJPW English and it catches on he's a genius.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with this. I'm in bizarro works here.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ain't he great?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
ch-ch-chosen one

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

GFW's first show is going to be the show of the year, and I don't know how to handle that.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Double J Jeff Jarrett is promoter of the year and his horse is the pro wrestling industry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJJ-q4dqums

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

The Journey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pmkoqV6tfw

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jarrett should turn to kickstarter for the first ever gfw show. stretch goals, certain wrestlers get booked. hits x amount of dollars, main event on first ever gfw show is no holds barred. hits y amount of dollars, it's now a ladder match. hits z amount of dollars, its now a TLC match. special $50,000 donation (1 of 1 available): get to help design the first ever GFW championship belt

special $5,000 donation (2 of 2 available): your choice, get to either guest ring announce one match or call the action on commentary for one match!!! (match is selected by GFW inc)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He couldn't get a wrestling company together and so he is going to broadcast the PPV of a foreign company, an endeavor he might lose money on. A real genius.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

He couldn't get a wrestling company together and so he is going to broadcast the PPV of a foreign company, an endeavor he might lose money on. A real genius.

Any promotion he put together would be garbage, and I don't give a gently caress about his finances. Jeff Jarrett is the best.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

MassRafTer posted:

It's a difference of a 5 figure loss with the slim chance of mild profit or a 7 to 8 figure loss with an even slimmer chance of a mild profit.

Plus it's carny as hell and hilarious that's he's going to attempt this.

jarrett for 2015 promoter of the year.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.
How long until he gets the GFW championship around his waist? Or if you prefer, how many guitars will it take?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

It's a difference of a 5 figure loss with the slim chance of mild profit or a 7 to 8 figure loss with an even slimmer chance of a mild profit.

Plus it's carny as hell and hilarious that's he's going to attempt this.

jarrett for 2015 promoter of the year.

How is it carny as hell?

Let's look at it from the other perspective.

New Japan Pro Wrestling, a company that is extremely risk averse in foreign markets has found a guy to assume all the risks in broadcasting their first live PPV in the US. This is a miniscule part of their overall business for the show and probably the only thing this guy is remotely good at. New Japan has nothing to lose in this situation, but somehow Jeff Jarrett is the guy who pulled some amazing move?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

This is a miniscule part of their overall business for the show and probably the only thing this guy is remotely good at.

Breaking guitars over people's heads
Being great
Being the ch-ch-chosen one

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

How is it carny as hell?

New Japan Pro Wrestling, a company that is extremely risk averse in foreign markets has found a guy to assume all the risks in broadcasting their first live PPV in the US. This is a miniscule part of their overall business for the show and probably the only thing this guy is remotely good at. New Japan has nothing to lose in this situation, but somehow Jeff Jarrett is the guy who pulled some amazing move?

its basically free money for JJ. PPV providers take their cut, JJ takes his and the rest go back to NJPW. JJ does exactly gently caress all other than sign a few papers and promote the thing. Which based on TNA's promotion will be him walking up to random people in airports and telling them about the PPV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

its basically free money for JJ. PPV providers take their cut, JJ takes his and the rest go back to NJPW. JJ does exactly gently caress all other than sign a few papers and promote the thing. Which based on TNA's promotion will be him walking up to random people in airports and telling them about the PPV.

Promoting the thing is the expensive part of the American side of the PPV. NJPW already has the show, them providing it to a third party to put on PPV is risk free for them compared to Jeff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Promoting the thing is the expensive part of the American side of the PPV. NJPW already has the show, them providing it to a third party to put on PPV is risk free for them compared to Jeff.

yeah, I'm not exactly expecting him to break into his Toby Keith wooing fund for this. Its probably going to be tweets and youtubes at the max.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

MassRafTer posted:

How is it carny as hell?

I think, maybe, people just think it's really funny to suddenly praise Jeff Jarrett to the moon, of all people. I know that's why I said he was a genius. He's taking a huge risk and I love the rube for it.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
From a new interview with John Morrison:

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/89050/john-morrsion-talks-about-working-with-eric-bischoff-joey-mercurys-new-career-and-more.html?p=1

quote:

On TNA and Global Force Wrestling: I’m booked to wrestle Jeff Jarrett on December 6th, might talk a little talk about Global Force. TNA & I have had talks, I live in LA, Florida is far. Wrestling is a business, the more promotions the better, more opportunities for wrestlers to work. Both of those companies could be fun to work with. Right now I’m signed with Lucha Underground and I’m happy with where I’m at. Backstage is great, no drama, great shows, great people involved, and in my hometown of Los Angeles.

So the first US taping is 12/6 in Florida?

I wonder if Universal Studios has Joined The Force

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

From a new interview with John Morrison:

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/89050/john-morrsion-talks-about-working-with-eric-bischoff-joey-mercurys-new-career-and-more.html?p=1

So the first US taping is 12/6 in Florida?

I wonder if Universal Studios has Joined The Force

You're misreading. He's saying he's wrestling Jeff Jarrett (somewhere, presumably an indy) on Dec 6 and will probably talk about GFW at that event. He's talked to TNA as well but doesn't want to relocate to Florida to work for them. I guess he thinks TNA is still in the Impact Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
With how byzantine the Lucha Underground contracts appear to be, no one should be getting there hopes up about Morrison.

• Locked thread