Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

embracing Carolingian renaissance and becoming french makes you lose your dlc clothes so don't do it if you value your 2 dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's p clear to my messing around that it's really really focused on France and Germany (no poo poo) but tribals have the same ridiculously annoying thing unreformed Norse had. If you raise tribal liege power or w.e to the point where they work like normal vassals they give you WAY less troops than they would if you had it one step lower and just called them as allies. so if you really loved that power drop when playing as a unreformed offensive pagan and then reforming, you can experience it twice in the same game now.

lol. i just got factioned into lower tribal organization and it didnt actually lower but they all liked me better for conceding to their demands. wtf paradox. did anyone even test this poo poo.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 15, 2014

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

It's p clear to my messing around that it's really really focused on France and Germany (no poo poo) but tribals have the same ridiculously annoying thing unreformed Norse had. If you raise tribal liege power or w.e to the point where they work like normal vassals they give you WAY less troops than they would if you had it one step lower and just called them as allies. so if you really loved that power drop when playing as a unreformed offensive pagan and then reforming, you can experience it twice in the same game now.

lol. i just got factioned into lower tribal organization and it didnt actually lower but they all liked me better for conceding to their demands. wtf paradox. did anyone even test this poo poo.

Welcome to day one of a new paradox expansion.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cool hat

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I'm gonna keep blobbing as charlemagne but you end up with a lot of tribal vassals. which is good i guess? since that's what actually happened?

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Serbia somehow got all of Bulgaria and blobbed up

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What are the bugs. I'm considering getting this off of Nuuvem.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What are the bugs. I'm considering getting this off of Nuuvem.

all ive had is iffy event triggers (portugal revolts from ummayad except actually they revolted from asturias in my game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bought this entirely on principle but I hope it's cool when I get around to playing it. Cheers mateys.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i'll play as charlemagne until he dies i guess. i destroyed all my other king titles and made the HRE elective. left my heir with middle francia and i have some vassal kings (bohemia, bavaria, and saxony)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cripes I just got loving owned. France was green tick to come to war wit hme, but when I declared their defender of catholic faith title trumped and they came to war on enemies' side. loving BULLSHIT.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I been helping them in every single war from day dot so they own all the netherlands and chunks of Iberia and also I'm fighting Austria and GB. Lmfao.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Cripes I just got loving owned. France was green tick to come to war wit hme, but when I declared their defender of catholic faith title trumped and they came to war on enemies' side. loving BULLSHIT.

to be fair defender of faith is p much guaranteed to war

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

to be fair defender of faith is p much guaranteed to war

I haven;t played since the green tick thing was a thing, so I believed in it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Whoops.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is it wrong i want a darkest hour mod with a really spergy tech tree like mod 34 for hoi2

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rip

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

is it wrong i want a darkest hour mod with a really spergy tech tree like mod 34 for hoi2

Did you play Hearts of Iron 1?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
you have a good av gently caress trophy 2k14.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I got away by peacing out releasing Ragusa and paying like 600 ducats. Thanks for not beating the poo poo out of me and ruining everything I've spent 10 hours building, France.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zeal posted:

you have a good av gently caress trophy 2k14.

For a pedofile to have.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

now to try ireland i guess. will be cool to see what the ai does with the event railroad

In my game I had Iconoclasm win but then the emperor became Catholic (he had been in exile in my court and I asked him to convert lol) and Orthodox came back but it didn't matter because only provinces were Orthodox

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

My Charlemagne was crowned almost 20 years early and then died a maimed cripple at the age of 54 on the year the real Charlemagne was crowned. Rip.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

formed HRE in 781, eat poo poo tribals and italians

the arab dude called me into war and died a week later which broke the song of roland event

also my waifu was the byzantine princess and they kept calling me into revolts every 6 months until i got a message saying byzantines are all iconoclast now

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Parallax Scroll posted:

most interesting ck2 game i've played was when the HRE conquered me and then i spent like 200 years building power as a vassal till i could take the empire over

in the old patch i had a game where i made a norse pagan empire spanning britain, scandinavia, northern russia, brittany, normandy, north germany, and poland by 1000 from an old gods start. the byzantines flipped to catholic at some point and the muslims conquered france so i played as the only orthodox ruler left in the world and ended up a moderately powerful orthodox duke after inciting a bunch of revolts with my awesome count so I could watch the AI break it up. then the patch hit so welp

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i impregnated roland's wife twice as charlemagne

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i impregnated roland's wife twice as charlemagne

rude.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
is charlemagne worth getting if you've played 300+ hours of ck2 and gotten sick of it? is it 'fresh'?

fwiw, I haven't played since... january, apparently. never touched rajas of india, since it sounded like more of the same

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

he never found out but i felt bad and am going to give him a duchy later

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rajas of india is cool tho you should try it. jains ftw

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

wish they let tribals raid same religion...

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

DICKHEAD posted:

wish they let tribals raid same religion...

they don't?

Why the gently caress not? They're a different tribe, that's good enough.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Games thread isn't even crying about the bugs. They're fully upset over retinues not being crazy uber poo poo the negates your levies from about 10 years in.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Johan also pwned some guy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

loving finally.

I didn't actually have to build that many trade ships past my force limit. You can see I'm still keeping a big galley/transport force purely because it's a hassle moving my troops around my land and I need naval dominance. The key imo is keeping Ottomans big and continually beating them up for trade power and smashing their ships. Join every war in Europe and kill ships. Embargo everyone with power in constantinople and alexandria including allies and vassals to squeeze every percent out. Once post offices unlocked I built them in all trade cities and spammed ships. Win. Probably could have done it earlier maybe.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Also lol at France requesting trade transfer power as soon as the chieve popped.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
get hosed france

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Johan also pwned some guy.

link

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

in the old patch i had a game where i made a norse pagan empire spanning britain, scandinavia, northern russia, brittany, normandy, north germany, and poland by 1000 from an old gods start. the byzantines flipped to catholic at some point and the muslims conquered france so i played as the only orthodox ruler left in the world and ended up a moderately powerful orthodox duke after inciting a bunch of revolts with my awesome count so I could watch the AI break it up. then the patch hit so welp

oh, you switched over to that count? i always forget that you can do that and just play as one dynasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

in my observe game it's 896 and the karlings are basically extinct

charlemagne bought it in some random battle in like 780 and now the only male karling left is a bishop