Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

hanyolo posted:

It's alright, Microsoft has got you covered in 2015 with the best GOAT and yet another exclusive in the genre of crab games, I can see why PS4 users are mad with their lack of crab gaming:

http://www.purexbox.com/news/2014/08/crabitron_kinect_pinching_onto_xbox_one_next_year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThJdBjW0e04

37 views since October 2nd...yikes. Developing for Kinect sounds real depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

quote:

Xbox One Customer Service Horror Story... I need help friends!!! (self.xboxone)

submitted 8 hours ago * by daitheflu916

Hello fellow Xbones, I will try and make this as short, sweet and civil as possible.

I purchased my Xbox One about a month after release and was LOVING it. Shortly after purchase I got the nasty hard drive noise. It was not that loud so it never bothered me too much but then I saw about a month ago that MS was replacing consoles with the noise, so I called in and set up an advanced replacement on 9/11/2014, paid my $15 fee and gave them a credit card for a deposit.... This is where the horror begins.

After hanging up with the agent for my advanced replacement I got an email stating my advanced replacement for a KINECT was approved. I specifically asked the agent if Kinect needed to be part of this and he said absolutely not and that Kinect will not be part of this process.

Called back about 30 minutes after my first call, they said sorry the agent made a mistake and they will send out a new Xbox One but that I need to pay ANOTHER fee and deposit and that they couldn't cancel the Kinect order.... WTF.... How can a compnay as big as Microsoft not have the ability to cancel an order that was a mistake on their end?? They did say to refuse delivery on the Kinect and once it was sent back to them, then I would get my refund... So whatever I trusted them to handle everything and at this point I was only out $15 so we set up a new exchange, got the email and everything was good to go.

About 9 days go by and Fedex drops off my Xbox and the Kinect, I refuse delivery like I was told. Everything was fine! Xbox works great and I was happy. The 2nd agent I spoke to kept in contact with me via email and advised me to notify her when the Kinect was sent back so the refund process can start. So I let her know...

About one week goes by without a response from the 2nd agent regarding my refund or anything when suddenly I get another email from another agent that we will call "Dallas" that says another Xbox One has been sent out to me by mistake and I will need to refuse delivery or I will be charged for it.... I get angry and send a stern email back asking why this was sent, why I would be charged for their mistake, when will I get my drat money back from their original mistake.

Dallas emails back saying he is sorry and that there is not another Xbox being sent to me. He says he is the original one that set up the advanced exchange wrong in the first place and this is all his fault and will be refunding me every charge. That was on 10/8/2014.

Jump ahead to 10/13/2014, no refunds have been issued. I do understand it takes time but this is getting ridiculous. I check my credit card and low and behold I am being freaking charged $161 from Microsoft....

I flip out and call in, I calmly ask what in the hell is going on?? Of course the guy I talk to is completely clueless and has no idea how to help me. After getting tossed around to different people and I finally get to someone with half a brain and they inform me that the Kinect was never returned and I am being charged... Go to Fedex website and pull up tracking number... IT WAS RECEIVED BY MICROSOFT ON 9/29! I calmly tell the agent... She tells me sorry but it was sitting in the warehouse for a while and wasn't checked in so the system marked it as not received but it is checked in now. I was told an escalation team will now need to investigate my account. I spend over an hour giving her tons of information for the escalation ticket and get off the phone.

At this point Microsoft has won and I throw my hands in the air and have no idea what to do next. Well I get a call about an hour after setting up the escalation from the 2nd Agent "checking in" and tell her about the escalation... She looks up my account and says no escalation has been made.... I give up, I say I will need to contact them later and will need a manager to assist me because I am done talking to customer service reps.

Guys what in the hell do I do?? I was offered NOTHING, not even someone to volunteer and take care of this even though this is %100 their fault. Is there a way I can contact someone high up in Microsoft? Do Microsoft employees look at this sub?

I have been a loyal Xbox Live customer since the first Xbox, 10+ years and this is how I get treated. It is pretty disgusting actually. Any help is appreciated guys. Seriously. I feel so defeated by this.

TLDR; Microsoft screwed up an advanced exchange and charged me over $200 in total and so far will not refund me, instead they give me the run around.

PS- The initial call was on 9/11/2014 and as of today no refunds have been given and I can not get in touch with anyone that can or will help me.

:911:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

she didnt follow the process we dont owe her poo poo

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

The way this usually goes is MajorNelson will show up and GET THINGS STRAIGHTENED OUT, but everyone else that is experiencing the same poo poo... well gently caress them because who gives a poo poo about T Bowl and his crab problems? Not Microsoft, that's for sure.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

echronorian posted:

37 views since October 2nd...yikes. Developing for Kinect sounds real depressing.

This was originally an iOS labor of love that completely bombed BTW

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

What is this from?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
forza 5 the most nextgen racing experience

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Curious if the NPDs on Thursday actually show this or not:

quote:

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter believes the Xbox One outsold the PS4 in September.

According to Pachter, the Xbox One sold an estimated 325,000 units in the United States during the month of September. Comparatively, the PlayStation 4 is believed to have sold around 250,000 consoles which or about 75,000 less than its competitor. Speaking about the console’s increased sales he attribute its success to a free game offer Microsoft held just prior to and during the release of Destiny.

“From Sept. 7 through [Sept.] 13, Microsoft offered a free game with the purchase of a new Xbox One at participating retailers,” said Pachter. “I kind of think that free Destiny [on Xbox One] was better than [paying] for Destiny on PS4, that’s pretty compelling.” He added in a later statement.

Destiny’s launch also coincided with the release of an Xbox One bundle that included Madden NFL 2015. In other words, gamers hoping to get in on the current gen edition of Destiny had a lot of incentive to buy the Xbox One in September. The exact sales figures for September will be revealed this Thursday when the NPD Group releases its regular sales reports.

http://www.gamefront.com/analyst-xbox-one-outsold-ps4-in-us-in-september/

Free stuff is a magical thing!

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
pachter is always wrong so its better to assume the ps4 outsold the xbone 2:1

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Numbers don't matter except when they do.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
They seem to matter a lot to you guys tho so lol that your numbers have failed you. math is for nerds

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

peter gabriel posted:

T Bowl spotted in the wild

This is glorious. T bowl, my brother plays thousands of hours of FIFA every day and has never damaged an Xbox one controller. He gets really fuckin mad when he loses too so I bet he's gripping pretty tight.

Hopefully PVZ will be on EA access shortly, something similar happened right before NFS appeared
http://www.purexbox.com/news/2014/10/rumour_plants_vs_zombies_heading_to_ea_access

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

As an equally qualified analyst as Pachter I predict both consoles actually sold negative units and that all PCs have been replaced with typewriters with stupid steampunk poo poo glued to them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i am going to buy an xbox one controller and crush it in my iron buttcheeks

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Awesome! posted:

Crush a black one in your all in one entertainment hole

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Awesome! posted:

Stream it

Also, broadcast it on Twitch

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

morallyobjected posted:

Can someone tell me what the gently caress FUD means?

Facts U Dislike

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I enjoy reading what people remember in their head, opposed to actual history that happened:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2j5hnm/the_lack_of_care_for_digital_consumers_is/cl8qvep

NPD is tomorrow yes?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Seedge posted:

I enjoy reading what people remember in their head, opposed to actual history that happened:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2j5hnm/the_lack_of_care_for_digital_consumers_is/cl8qvep

NPD is tomorrow yes?

:ssh: no one gives a poo poo about what your sad best friend on reddit said nerd. Just down thumb him and move on if you're that upset.

Killer instinct season 2 is out now, there's even a trailer http://ca.ign.com/videos/2014/10/14/killer-instinct-season-2-launch-trailer

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Seedge posted:

NPD is tomorrow yes?

Oh wooioiiiioooow hahaha

quote:

Edit: The forced Kinect as well as the trade-in policies are what made me lean towards the PS4 originally, but then Microsoft fixed the issues and the fact that I like the Xbox controller more coupled with the software company vs. Hardware company aspect is what made me decide to go with DirectXBox.

Software company vs hardware company, where the software company didn't release the console with a battery meter, a battery notification, disk space management, disk space monitoring, delta patching, streaming disc based installs and about a million billion other things lmao

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

Oh wooioiiiioooow hahaha

Software company vs hardware company, where the software company didn't release the console with a battery meter, a battery notification, disk space management, disk space monitoring, delta patching, streaming disc based installs and about a million billion other things lmao

To be fair they addressed all that, plus some. Whilst you're still waiting for you're first post release added function update (stability doesn't count), as well as a youtube app and a way to pause downloads. Lets forget suspend/resume because I don't think that's even on the Sony drawing board despite being talked about over a year ago. So maybe he has a point, if not a whole point at least the ghost of a point.

I think even someone like you can admit MS have done alright with the software update program?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

To be fair they addressed all that, plus some. Whilst you're still waiting for you're first post release added function update (stability doesn't count), as well as a youtube app and a way to pause downloads. Lets forget suspend/resume because I don't think that's even on the Sony drawing board despite being talked about over a year ago. So maybe he has a point, if not a whole point at least the ghost of a point.

I think even someone like you can admit MS have done alright with the software update program?

Ahaha no, adding back in features from every other console is not "doing alright". It's actually farcical that the console some how shipped without having a way to tell controller battery life and the other issues, such as delta patching and disc installations haven't been fixed and it's very likely they cannot be fixed and never will be, which is ridiculous.

At least the ps4 actually shipped with all the expected functions of a console, the xbone updates are just playing catch up.

In other bonehead news, windows 7 is being put into extended support and moved out of mainstream support next year. They better hope that 10 works.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

And let's not forget that this happened very recently

quote:

Users who are currently participating in the Xbox One Preview, Microsoft has instructed participants to not install the most recent update due to an "unforeseen bug" which factory-resets the entire console, formatting the hard drive and removing all your games.

Those who are not participating in the Xbox One Preview do not have to worry, however if you are part of the preview and receive a 1900MB update, decline it. Declining the update will disconnect your Xbox One from Xbox LIVE, meaning you will not be able to play online.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i truly enjoy how chill and fun this thread is now.
people are joking together about crabs, loving the box, hating the box, discussing things.

it really could have been like ths from day one edition you guys :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

Done alright = finally adding back features the previous console had :laugh:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Sorry stux, I overestimated you.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yep, that's exactly what I meant. They've done that now and are improving on it further. Plex and dlna this month along with improvements in snap centre. It's not like the ps4 is lacking any features the ps3 had is it? For one thing I don't remember any problems with releasing driving game demos on ps3 :laugh:

VideoGames posted:

people are joking together about crabs, loving the box, hating the box, discussing things.

T bowls vacation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10/13/crabzilla-crustacean-whitstable-satellite_n_5977222.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Stux posted:

And let's not forget that this happened very recently

Better to nip these issues in the bud in beta than release a firmware to everyone that bricks your console entirely :v: :

http://www.destructoid.com/do-not-update-your-ps3-latest-firmware-bricking-systems-256575.phtml

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The 360 can't play Vines!

Only a few more things to add and the xbone will be ahead of the 360 in features too. MS have certainly put a massive effort in this year.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

hanyolo posted:

or gifs! Or reddit!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

speaking of day one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00BM2LLB2?pc_redir=1413039607&robot_redir=1

new unopened day one editions with FIFA 14 pack in are still available in the UK through resellers.

don't worry if you're in the US though, plenty available on your side of the ocean as well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B00CMQTVK0/ref=olp_tab_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&ocp=2

day 328 edition

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hanyolo posted:

Better to nip these issues in the bud in beta than release a firmware to everyone that bricks your console entirely :v: :

http://www.destructoid.com/do-not-update-your-ps3-latest-firmware-bricking-systems-256575.phtml

Only a few more things to add and the xbone will be ahead of the 360 in features too. MS have certainly put a massive effort in this year.

yeah I guess you're right, they don't need a repeat of this:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/microsoft-bricked-360s-with-live-update/137

http://techcrunch.com/2011/05/19/new-360-update-rolling-out-old-360-update-bricking-some-consoles/

how will it be ahead, pray tell, when it lacks some of the most basic software functions of the 360 and may be unable to ever add them

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

they called the third xbox the xbox one because the One app you'll need is the download monitor to check your broadband cap isn't being eaten up by it's ridiculously large patches

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

they called the third xbox the xbox one because the One app you'll need is the download monitor to check your broadband cap isn't being eaten up by it's ridiculously large patches

You seem upset Stux. Psn maintenance again? Or did you finally get to see how bad driveclub was for yourself... :(

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

You seem upset Stux. Psn maintenance again? Or did you finally get to see how bad driveclub was for yourself... :(

actually PSN maintenance doesn't really affect much, as long as you've been online in the few days before it comes out you can still use netflix etc and even play online through it, only the store fully goes down. no I can wait for the free version because im not a child :)

here are two features that make an appreciable difference to user enjoyment and need fixing imo:

the xbone patching system. when the other 3 consoles have an unskippable 500mb day one update for a new game and the xbones is 10gb because it cannot delta patch, that's a big issue. oh unfortunately though it's unlikely this can ever be changed :(

the installation system which rivals the PS3 for ridiculousness, while the ps4 takes no time at all to become playable (and that's fully playable, not a demo you play while you wait playable), doesn't need to download patches first and has proper data streaming to install and play at the same time. oh, unfortunately though it's unlikely this can ever be changed either :(

oh dear, i guess the xbone will never reach the lofty heights of 360 usability :(

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

the installation system which rivals the PS3 for ridiculousness, while the ps4 takes no time at all to become playable (and that's fully playable, not a demo you play while you wait playable), doesn't need to download patches first and has proper data streaming to install and play at the same time. oh, unfortunately though it's unlikely this can ever be changed either :(

I have played a few games after they have installed to around 20%, this was definitely true for D4.:( I don't really remember installing games because I only do it once, and i'll usually play another game while it's happening, so you might not be bullshitting. However,If I have to wait a few extra minutes for a game to install, that's ok because I am not a child. :)

Hope you get to experience the disappointment of DC soon buddy, I guess they can't release a demo when the full game barely works :(

Not seen any evolution press releases lately, flying blind here :)

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Crafty posted:

I have played a few games after they have installed to around 20%, this was definitely true for D4.:( I don't really remember installing games because I only do it once.

Your memory is bad; D4 is not playable at -all- until full 100% install. You can start it at ~20% but literally can't do anything except go to the homescreen and look at your settings. Most games have been like this that I've played, except BF4 (campaign is playable at around 50%, mp not until 100%) and dead rising (leta you play the first 15 minutes at about 20%, then locks you until >75%)

It's a nice idea but so far seems poorly implemented. I understand why some games have this issue and I can't imagine the ps4 is any better. Terrible delta patching is my only real axe to grind anymore.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Saladman posted:

Your memory is bad; D4 is not playable at -all- until full 100% install. You can start it at ~20% but literally can't do anything except go to the homescreen and look at your settings. Most games have been like this that I've played, except BF4 (campaign is playable at around 50%, mp not until 100%) and dead rising (leta you play the first 15 minutes at about 20%, then locks you until >75%)

It's a nice idea but so far seems poorly implemented. I understand why some games have this issue and I can't imagine the ps4 is any better. Terrible delta patching is my only real axe to grind anymore.

Crafty posted:

Never played a metro game so I've just made my digital purchase :woop: (not counting EA access) it was playable in around 10 minutes, at 30 percent.
I checked through my own post history, all good quality posts, and found this post. I must have been thinking of metro.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

Yep, that's exactly what I meant. They've done that now and are improving on it further. Plex and dlna this month along with improvements in snap centre. It's not like the ps4 is lacking any features the ps3 had is it? For one thing I don't remember any problems with releasing driving game demos on ps3 :laugh:

You really should take your playstation complaints to their thread. I don't know why you keep bringing it up here for no reason :(

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah the patching system would frustrate me greatly if my ISP didn't include iTunes/Xbox/Steam as unmetered content and my Internet speed wasn't 100mbit.

Pretty much a case of FYGM for me :v:

I like that you can buy and download games on the phone via smartglass now and it'll start the download for you, glad they finally added that in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You really should take your playstation complaints to their thread. I don't know why you keep bringing it up here for no reason :(
It's part of his gimmick.

• Locked thread