Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I'm at the purple poo poo mission and for some reason I am immortal. Shield takes damage but heals to max instantly and still procs the nova it has.

edit: even dying didn't make me mortal again. Not going to restart and redo a stuff for this though :p

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Damo posted:

Can't decide who to pick, Athena or Nisha.

Argh. Someone tell me who to play as.

Athena all day. Go up against two badasses, one-shot at least one of them with the shield. That thing will solve all of your problems. :getin:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

How are the drop rates looking in this game? Only real problem I had with BL2 is how insanely rare purple/orange drops were for a non-competitive multiplayer game.

Just want to have fun with it and I'm wondering if I'm going to have to fire up Cheat Engine again.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I have yet to see anything above green drop from an enemy, besides the blue laser you get from the second? boss. Chests are mostly green and white again. So basically it seems like the drop rates are unchanged so far.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
When am I supposed to get more weapon slots? Only having two is getting real old fast.

Jibo posted:

I can't hate this game because it allowed me to slam and jam before Barkley 2 is released.
This mission was incredible

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Rookersh posted:

e: I am annoyed that the damage the shield can do is apparently capped by your level. Guessing it's going to be fairly useless for damage in NG+ because of it, but hey, free invulnerability/buffs for the team.

It still oneshots non-badasses in NG+ for me once it's built up some charge, without the skill that increases its base damage. I'm looking forward to the maelstrom skill that makes it spit fire and lightning, though.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

The one thing I do love about this game is that they've beef up the differences between different weapon companies; bandit scav weapons now usually have double or triple the magazine of any other gun, Jacob shotguns have get more pellets then their competitors, Dahl pistol can have huge bursts (I found a Dahl heavy pistol that would burst ten shot) now making them dps monsters, etc etc

Edit: also I would love to get invited to that Steam group.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Back_Hack

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 15, 2014

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

When am I supposed to get more weapon slots? Only having two is getting real old fast.

Pretty sure you get them automatically by progressing through the story.

Just got my Nisha up to level 13 and.. this game's really mediocre, huh? I can appreciate some of the new additions (grinder, Oz packs, stomping on psychos like they're goombas) but literally everything else seems to be Borderlands 2 except worse. Partnering up with a Claptrap is especially frustrating thanks to his super random skills that affect the entire party.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What do I do...

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 15, 2014

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Plot missions.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Doflamingo posted:

Pretty sure you get them automatically by progressing through the story.

Yeah you get the first one in Chapter 6 or 7 which is a really long way to go with just two weapons. The fact that they still do this seems like a really questionable design decision to me. What is gained by making you bring up the inventory to make you bring out a third or fourth gun?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This game is pretty fun so far and it's fun to see the people who have complained about it being bad on my Friends list somehow playing it constantly :iiam:

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Jibo posted:

Yeah you get the first one in Chapter 6 or 7 which is a really long way to go with just two weapons. The fact that they still do this seems like a really questionable design decision to me. What is gained by making you bring up the inventory to make you bring out a third or fourth gun?

Especially since you gain access to purchasing larger inventory space way before you get your next gun slot.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Remember Borderlands 1 where you didn't have fast travel until like several hours in? That was real great. Why do I like these games so much again? :downs:

Also, http://steamcommunity.com/id/deadly_pudding
Please invite me to the steam group.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

A translation that improves on the original isn't going to keep Jack from LOOKING like a complete idiot though. Those wrist blasters and his posture while running and stuff are ridiculous, and not the way they intended I think.

I'm pretty sure Jack looking like a douchebag is intentional.

Shoehead posted:

You'd think he'd know how seeing as he likes dudes too. I like how Hammerlock was handled though, he litterally mentions his boyfriend once in passing and I was like "yeah hi-5, Hammerlock!"

I hope he's one of the dlc characters btw.

I didn't know being gay made you a good writer.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm really starting to dislike this O2 gimmick, a recharging jetpack would have done the same to restrict butt-slamming and superjumping, without the "go hunt down geysers while exploring and looting a million containers after combat" part. Also low gravity exploding quest items into lava pits or into geometry, thanks guys :(

deadly_pudding posted:

Remember Borderlands 1 where you didn't have fast travel until like several hours in? That was real great. Why do I like these games so much again? :downs:

Also, http://steamcommunity.com/id/deadly_pudding
Please invite me to the steam group.
I replayed Borderlands just a few weeks ago, after years of not playing it. And I had totally forgotten they didn't let you fast travel until the Dahl Headlands :argh:

Also no fast travel in DLC areas which were all way too large, good god.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I kind of liked the intro. Pre-Handsome Jack was less "hohohoho, what a COLOSSAL rear end in a top hat I am" and more like an adrenaline junkie with Hyperion wrist-guns.

Also, throwing us straight into an invasion was a much more dynamic intro.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Jsor posted:

It's in the zone where you kill Torks for that sidequest. I think you have to disable an electric barrier.

Yeah, how do you disable that electric barrier? I followed the wire up to the top of a box where it went under a circular tile that I couldn't seem to interact with, despite being green.

Reiley posted:

They're really beating you over the head with the queer inclusiveness in this one.

It's not as bad as ESO, where one male quest NPC kept talking about someones husband and I could not figure out whose husband I was saving until after the quest, oh, he was gay!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

orcane posted:

I'm really starting to dislike this O2 gimmick, a recharging jetpack would have done the same to restrict butt-slamming and superjumping, without the "go hunt down geysers while exploring and looting a million containers after combat" part. Also low gravity exploding quest items into lava pits or into geometry, thanks guys :(

I replayed Borderlands just a few weeks ago, after years of not playing it. And I had totally forgotten they didn't let you fast travel until the Dahl Headlands :argh:

Also no fast travel in DLC areas which were all way too large, good god.

I kind of like the O2 system, but I'm only like an hour into the game. For now, I think it's kind of cool and atmospheric. I thought the tutorial missions where you scramble around with no air were neat. The whole introductory part of the game was really fun compared to wandering around the tundra in BL2. I hope it doesn't wear thin for me.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
This is fun, I like it. I even laughed once in the beginning after I met Jack. More than I can say for BL2 with claptrap. I also got a laugh out of some things later. I don't think I laughed at anything until the Tiny Tina DLC in BL2. I hope the DLCs are interesting and inventive like that one because the other DLCs were kind of boring. I have noticed some weird bugs here and there though.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

I kind of like the O2 system, but I'm only like an hour into the game. For now, I think it's kind of cool and atmospheric. I thought the tutorial missions where you scramble around with no air were neat. The whole introductory part of the game was really fun compared to wandering around the tundra in BL2. I hope it doesn't wear thin for me.

I felt like it got old really quickly. In combat enemies drop oxygen tanks, or there are buildings to hide in, or just one of the atmosphere-emitting tower things. Vehicles provide oxygen. It literally just serves as a minor inconvenience while running around. Like the other dude said, a simple low-powered jetpack like what the bandits have would've been perfectly reasonable instead.

And yea, the tutorial to this game was so much better than "stand here for 20 seconds while Clap Trap says things. Now press W to move!"

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Why does "queer inclusiveness" or a lack thereof even bother anyone? Does anyone actually play this series for its storyline?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Widestancer posted:

Does anyone actually play this series for its storyline?

Sort of, I care more about shooting faceless bad guys when I give a poo poo about the questgivers!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm an idiot who overall enjoys the story of the Borderlands games and likes characters like Claptrap and Handsome Jack.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Kaubocks posted:

I'm an idiot who overall enjoys the story of the Borderlands games and likes characters like Claptrap and Handsome Jack.

same

nintendo65
Oct 16, 2008

Two universes separated by a membrane! It causes gravity! I have a uni degree in SCIENCE!!1!
Well that was an eventful day. I not only beat the game in 6 hours but I also got to level 31, farmed 5 legendary items including a class mod, found a hidden boss that drops tons and tons of loot including legendaries, found a VERY broken pistol that just annihilates bosses in seconds with my Nisha glass cannon build (a purple deferred apparatus that for whatever reason has an insane fire rate), and I made some friends along the way.

I'd like to play with some goons since I mostly missed out on BL2 due to being overseas. Plz send invite (P.S. nerf Nisha).
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TijuanaLou

edit: I also got a legendary class mod for Wilhelm and if someone wants it I would be happy to trade for a more suitable Nisha class mod than the one I have, preferably with fire rate/damage increase.

nintendo65 fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 15, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Speedball posted:

Sort of, I care more about shooting faceless bad guys when I give a poo poo about the questgivers!

Not sure how them being gay or not gay translates into that though. It does help when they're at least somewhat well written though I'd agree.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Wow six hours? What are other people clocking?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ethanol posted:

Wow six hours? What are other people clocking?

I have about that time and I'm at the part where you make the robot army (which I assume is somewhat close to the end of the game). I've been doing every sidequest tho.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

For those who have beaten the game how many chapters are there?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kaubocks posted:

How are the drop rates looking in this game? Only real problem I had with BL2 is how insanely rare purple/orange drops were for a non-competitive multiplayer game.

Just want to have fun with it and I'm wondering if I'm going to have to fire up Cheat Engine again.

Three legendaries so far, up to tvhm concordia. One of them was a

Can you grind three orange or purple guns? I can't seem to be able at least. Or would they need to be the same type? Last boss dropped several purples and those don't work.

Steam won't tell me time played so don't know how long it took me to get to tvhm.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

You can't grind purples at all, even if they're the same type.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Solartide posted:

Yeah, how do you disable that electric barrier? I followed the wire up to the top of a box where it went under a circular tile that I couldn't seem to interact with, despite being green.

It is the same kind of pad they teach you about in the "Motivational Poster" side-quest where in the beginning to teaches you how to use a jump-pad, has you practice some aerial shooting and then demonstrates what you are describing.

Basically it is a giant button that you buttstomp onto.

Jusupov posted:

Can you grind three orange or purple guns? I can't seem to be able at least. Or would they need to be the same type? Last boss dropped several purples and those don't work.

I've overheard talk that its two oranges and a purple that are a valid combination, and apparently you can't grind Shift Key Chest weapons (haven't confirmed myself).

Enzer fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 15, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

That sucks if you can't grind shift key weapons :(

nintendo65
Oct 16, 2008

Two universes separated by a membrane! It causes gravity! I have a uni degree in SCIENCE!!1!

Kaethela posted:

You can't grind purples at all, even if they're the same type.

It seems that if you put two legendaries of any type in the grinder, then a purple weapon of the specific type of weapon you want (manufacturer does not seem to be transferable), and use the moonstone process, you have a very high chance of get a legendary item of whatever type the purp was.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Enzer posted:

you can't grind Shift Key Chest weapons.

This explains so much. I haven't found any purples at all, so I haven't been able to test it with non-golden chest weapons.

Edit: If legendaries are still a hilariously low drop rate, there's no way in hell I'm burning them at the grinder for anything.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Enzer posted:

I've overheard talk that its two oranges and a purple that are a valid combination, and apparently you can't grind Shift Key Chest weapons (haven't confirmed myself).

Can't grind either one or two oranges combined with purples.

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far as Nisha with 2 Athenas as teammates. We did, however, manage to progress to the Colonel severely underleveled (17, 18, 19) and had to quit halfway through the sequence. On another note, has anyone done Red, Then Dead and had to find a way into the safe house to kill the courier? I've been able to locate the assumed way to get in that area, but unable to find out how exactly to open the grate in order to descend.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Abyss posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far as Nisha with 2 Athenas as teammates. We did, however, manage to progress to the Colonel severely underleveled (17, 18, 19) and had to quit halfway through the sequence. On another note, has anyone done Red, Then Dead and had to find a way into the safe house to kill the courier? I've been able to locate the assumed way to get in that area, but unable to find out how exactly to open the grate in order to descend.

I went in from the other side by pressing the button and running quickly through the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
Any chance I could get an invite to the steam group? https://steamcommunity.com/id/Rhandhali

• Locked thread