Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

Dunno if anyone is interested on here, but I've got a nice clean copy of the Sunn O))) & Boris "Altar" 3xLP I'm trying to pass along. It's the first Japanese press on Daymare, includes all inserts including the cool fabric print. I've only played the first LP once, the rest of the vinyl is unplayed, and the box is a strong NM+, only really mild wear from sitting on a shelf. $100 plus shipping (US only, overseas shipping is gonna be pricey). Message me if you would like pictures or any more info.

Oh, also, lemme know if it's against the rules to sell stuff here, I just figured this is a better place than SA Mart.

kirkjames fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wronkos
Jan 1, 2011

If you haven't already, you should try putting it up on Discogs.

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

I don't know what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.

Nice! A reissue, I assume? How's the sound quality? (Also, if it's an original, then man, it looks to be in great shape!)

I have the US pressing on Smash, but I'm unsatisfied with it because a.) the cover art* is inferior to the "eyeball" cover art that yours features, and b.) it doesn't include "30 Century Man!" I really need to upgrade it sometime....

* Mine looks like this:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
For the soundtrack fans out there. Found this at a thrift shop today.

Other stuff I've picked up recently:

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 8, 2014

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ballz posted:

Think I've got enough copies of Bitches Brew now.

Seemed only logical to do this:

(apologies for the anime)

And in related news I found this for sale today:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Ballz posted:

Seemed only logical to do this:

(apologies for the anime)

And in related news I found this for sale today:

The top third of your room looks really cool, at least.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
What the gently caress is even going on with big Mario's hair

after seeing that I've decided Mario should never not have a hat on, good god

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

abraham linksys posted:

What the gently caress is even going on with big Mario's hair

after seeing that I've decided Mario should never not have a hat on, good god

One of my wife's childhood toys, rescued from the same hoarder house as one of those copies of Bitches Brew. She lost his hat ages ago.

BigFactory posted:

The top third of your room looks really cool, at least.

No argument there.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

BigFactory posted:

For the soundtrack fans out there. Found this at a thrift shop today.

This actually fetches some high prices so that was a great thrift store find.

Wronkos
Jan 1, 2011

izationalizer posted:

Nice! A reissue, I assume? How's the sound quality? (Also, if it's an original, then man, it looks to be in great shape!

It's a reissue from 4 Men with Beards, and it sounds great! I could never find the first four albums when I lived in Houston, but I've seen them a good few times in stores since moving to Austin. He's a great artist.

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

I don't know what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.

Wronkos posted:

It's a reissue from 4 Men with Beards, and it sounds great! I could never find the first four albums when I lived in Houston, but I've seen them a good few times in stores since moving to Austin. He's a great artist.

I might have to pick it up sometime, then, assuming I don't come across an OG UK for a decent price (which seems unlikely).

They release great titles, but 4MWB can be really spotty, sound quality-wise; I've talked a lot of trash about them in the past. But they do nail it sometimes. I've also heard that their reissue of Big Star's "Third" sounds really nice; I need to pick that one up, too. This is more than I can say for Plain, who seem to be only spotty, sound quality-wise. Serious question: are there any Plain records that actually improve upon the originals? I guess there maybe are, but I haven't heard of them. It seems like they're usually inferior to the originals, or, at best, they are equal to the already bad- or mediocre-sounding originals (Spiritualized's "Ladies and Gentlemen..." and Elliott Smith's "XO" spring to mind on this latter point).

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?

izationalizer posted:

Serious question: are there any Plain records that actually improve upon the originals? I guess there maybe are, but I haven't heard of them. It seems like they're usually inferior to the originals, or, at best, they are equal to the already bad- or mediocre-sounding originals (Spiritualized's "Ladies and Gentlemen..." and Elliott Smith's "XO" spring to mind on this latter point).

My Plain copies of Ween's "The Mollusk" plus all of the early Flaming Lips reissues they did sound awesome to my ears. I've never quite understood the bad vibes directed at them, but I guess some of their other work is pretty bad, given the response on this board.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

1000 umbrellas posted:

My Plain copies of Ween's "The Mollusk" plus all of the early Flaming Lips reissues they did sound awesome to my ears. I've never quite understood the bad vibes directed at them, but I guess some of their other work is pretty bad, given the response on this board.

I think the bands were on-board and involved with those though, I have their Ween reissues and one of their Flaming Lips and yeah they sound good. Both are / were available from the band's stores too.

There are things like their release of "Loveless" and their Mr Bungle releases which are widely regarded as lovely sounding, and people say they are just taken from the CDs (including poorly scanned artwork) without the band's involvement or agreement.

I have their Sparklehorse releases and they are alright, at least until there is a good reissue they'll do me.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
First new vinyl in a while. YOB's Clearing the Path to Ascend. Gave it a listen to today, and it's incredible. Also, I think it has some of the best album art ever.

Front.

Back.

Gatefold.

Love that tree.

Got the plain old black vinyl, so I didn't feel the need to take a picture of the actual discs, but the labels on each side are cool. The album is four songs long. Side A.

Side B.

Side C.

Side D.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My favourite LP-related quote that I read today on Facebook:

quote:

Expedits are like studded belts: cool dudes have a five-row one.

(:rip:)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

anyone have any experience with/ordering from pelagic records?

iluvpr0n
Oct 21, 2000

I guess the full list will be out next week, but here's a preview of some Record Store Day Black Friday:

Jenny Lewis will release the "Pax-Am Sessions" 7", which includes alternate versions, produced by Ryan Adams and Mike Viola, of "Just One of the Guys" and "You Can't Outrun 'Em" from her latest album, The Voyager

Mastodon will release a 12" picture disc of "The Motherload" that comes backed with an instrumental version of "Halloween"

Conor Oberst will release a 7" single of the unreleased songs "Standing On The Outside Looking In" b/w "Sugar Street", both of which were recorded during the sessions for this year's Upside Down Mountain

The Flaming Lips will release Atlas Eets Christmas, a Christmas album previously released on limited CD under the pseudonym Imagene Peise, on transparent red vinyl

OutKast will release a translucent green 10" single for "Player's Ball", the first single from their debut album, 1994's Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, backed by a "rare extended version"

Wu-Tang Clan will release a die cut picture disc single for "C.R.E.A.M." that's backed by "The Mystery Of Chessboxin'" and will be cut in the shape of the group's logo

Other releases include one from David Bowie (the "Sue" 10"), Aaliyah (Age Ain't Nothing but a Number on white vinyl 2xLP), Miles Davis, Bessie Smith, and the Kinks (Muswell Hillbillies deluxe 2LP).

*edit*
And Bull Moose has some more releases and prices...

iluvpr0n fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 16, 2014

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

iluvpr0n posted:

Wu-Tang Clan will release a die cut picture disc single for "C.R.E.A.M." that's backed by "The Mystery Of Chessboxin'" and will be cut in the shape of the group's logo

While I love my gimmicks, there's no way in hell I want to go anywhere on Black Friday. Hopefully I'll stumble upon a copy somewhere.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Ballz posted:

While I love my gimmicks, there's no way in hell I want to go anywhere on Black Friday. Hopefully I'll stumble upon a copy somewhere.

I went to a local last year and it was honestly not a terrible thing at all. Less of a crowd than the regular RSD actually.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Also expect a Fantomas vinyl box set on black Friday.

“Next up we have one of the most elaborate packages we have ever released. We give you a cabinet full of music from Fantômas titled WUNDERKAMMER. This limited edition, over the top package includes vinyl versions of all of the Fantômas records plus a cassette copy of the original Fantômas demo that Mike Patton used to recruit the other members. Neat, huh?”

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Jawbreaker's "24 Hour Revenge Therapy" just got reissued and repressed.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

TubeStank posted:

Jawbreaker's "24 Hour Revenge Therapy" just got reissued and repressed.

Awesome, I just got Bivouac the other day. Gonna get this too and revert back to 16 year old me!

Handshake Drugs
Oct 21, 2010
Just received my Sleater-Kinney box set and it is amazing. Haven't listened to anything yet, but everything looks great, especially the colors of the records. They all have a swirly, translucent look to them. Can't wait to give them all a spin...not that I needed these particular versions, since I already had all this before:

But once I have the complete discography, I can't go back to not having it. :D

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I inherited a beast of a turntable that is the same model as this one.

It's been in use for about 40 years, but when attempting to turn it off a couple of nights ago, the power switch broke. I assume the cable that connects it to the power source has broken as the button itself is fine. Does anyone know if it's a difficult fix? I sincerely doubt the turntable has ever been taken apart and I'm a bit nervous about touching it. There are two screws on each side connecting the faux-wood paneling.

I am going to buy an extension cable with a switch on it so I can power it off without having to unplug it, but was curious if it's something I could easily mess with.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I got bit by the vinyl bug a couple months ago after rediscovering my dad's turntable. I've been hitting up local stores, and already had two close shop for good.

Everything but John Henry & Random Access Memories cost less than $5. I can't find a copy of The Buggles' Age of Plastic to save my life, yet stumble into their second album.

Also, are all of Hollywood Records' Queen reissues crap? News of the World sounded pretty flat.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Here's the full Black Friday release list:
http://download.recordstoreday.com/free/BLACKFRIDAY_2014_RELEASES_WEBSITE.pdf

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Kind of underwhelming. I might pick up the JB's lp though.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

That South Park 7" really should've been I am Lorde/Gay Fish.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Gonna have to grab that Against Me! 7".

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I'm one of the few people here that doesn't give a poo poo about soundtracks, but I wouldn't mind having that Big Lebowski LP

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Not the biggest Dead fan, but that show is my hometown and I hear that '72 was a prolific year for them so that might be interesting. The Afghan Whigs is a must purchase for me, along with the New Order EP. Other than those two necessaries, and one maybe I don't see much that peaks my interest. The Morriseey curates the Ramones thing might be fun, but only because I sadly do not have any Ramones on vinyl. I wish I liked picture discs more.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Definitely going to have to get A Christmas Gift for You and the Big Lebowski soundtrack. Every year I tell myself that I'm not going out on Black Friday and it never works.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

hatelull posted:

Not the biggest Dead fan, but that show is my hometown and I hear that '72 was a prolific year for them so that might be interesting.

I just poked at a couple sources and there's several saying that that night had the "best ever" take on Playin' in the Band.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

The Human Cow posted:

Definitely going to have to get A Christmas Gift for You and the Big Lebowski soundtrack. Every year I tell myself that I'm not going out on Black Friday and it never works.

"Psh I have the German import Big Leb- COLORED VINYL?!"

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
"Morrisey Curates the Ramones" ... what the gently caress

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Hmm a big lizard in my backyard reissue that'll probably cost the same $30-35+ that current old copies go for.

dalaamprince
Jul 16, 2008

hatelull posted:

Not the biggest Dead fan, but that show is my hometown and I hear that '72 was a prolific year for them so that might be interesting. The Afghan Whigs is a must purchase for me, along with the New Order EP. Other than those two necessaries, and one maybe I don't see much that peaks my interest. The Morriseey curates the Ramones thing might be fun, but only because I sadly do not have any Ramones on vinyl. I wish I liked picture discs more.

Allen Wren posted:

I just poked at a couple sources and there's several saying that that night had the "best ever" take on Playin' in the Band.
I'm not a big Dead fan either but you're right this is a great sounding track.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Picked up some more stuff today; probably my last trip for a while.

Buggles - The Age Of Plastic
Yelle - Complètement Fou
Garbage - Not Your Kind Of People
Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe OST
Daft Punk - Discovery
The The - Soul Mining

David Bowie - Pin Ups
Jun Fukamachi - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Queen - Queen II
The Rolling Stones - It's Only Rock & Roll

I happened upon this for $10. It's a nice cover of some of Sgt. Peppers on piano with a touch of synth on some tracks. A quick glance says that it's rare. Anyone know anything else about it?

I'm also looking for a copy of Yelle's Safari Disco Club. So far, I can only find it overseas. Does anyone know what the going rate on shipping is from France to the US?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Got this in the mail today.

The insert.

The vinyl is a delightful brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

A couple of my co-workers have gigantic vinyl collections, partially on account that they were once DJs.

One of them, trying to slightly downsize his stash, brought in two crates full of records for me to peruse and take whatever I wanted, free of charge. One crate was mostly filled with beat up Frank Sinatra records that he said he got secondhand and wasn't really interested in. The other was loaded up with 45's from back when he worked at a radio station in Canada back in the 80s.

After thumbing through a couple hundred of them in the middle of the office, I walked away with this:

From the top:
-The Ramones - Rockaway Beach/Locket Love
-The Rolling Stones - She's So Cold/Send it to Me
-Heart - Without You/Here Song
-The Rolling Stones - Angie/Silver Train
-Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love/Living Loving Maid
-Human League - Open Your Heart/Non-Stop
-Devo - Whip It/Freedom of Choice
-Peter Gabriel - Shock the Monkey/Solsbury Hill (Live)
-The Time - Jungle Love/Oh, Baby
-John Lennon - Imagine/It's So Hard
-Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Tiny Steps/Night Rally
-The Ramones - We Want the Airwaves/All's Quiet...
-XTC - Making Plans for Nigel/Outside World
-The Buggles - Video Killed the Radio Star/Kid Dynamo
-Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song/Hey Hey, What Can I do? (:rock:)
-Peter Gabriel - Games Without Frontiers/Lead a Normal Life

I'm not typically too big on 7" records, but some of those were too good to pass up. A couple I still might unload eventually. Most, if not all, are :canada: pressings.