Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Doctor Bishop posted:

The director confirmed the basic premise in an interview back in May.

And he confirmed Mega-Rex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Why "fix" what isn't broken? Not hot on the 3D or cold steel look.

They should just reuse the original poster and also the original film.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

DarkSol posted:

Does that mean there will be a Futureworld remake too? :v:

I specifically requested no Futureworld remake.

PriorMarcus posted:

And he confirmed Mega-Rex.

Will Mega-Rex be a robot? Because if my Westworld remake thing is to be fully realized...

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
Those Hobbit posters are ab-pore-rrent.

:suicide:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Those hobbit posters are almost as bad as the movies.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Looks like they have more actual posters now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm still not over them calling the event that was an afterthought in the original book "The Defining Chapter."

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Isn't Bilbo asleep during the Battle of Five Armies?

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 15, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Can't wait for this movie about a really cool British Jesus.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

is it called the defining chapter because it all comes from a single chapter of a book for children

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
It was supposed to say De Final Chapta but the poster company heard wrong.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

zenintrude posted:

I specifically requested no Futureworld remake.

:saddowns:

I'd want one. I'm probably one of the very few people to have the Blu-ray of Futureworld.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

Somebody ordered more pores?

This is the last one. Don't expect any more.

I wish this was Bilbo with eyes closed, lying on the ground.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The MSJ posted:

Somebody ordered more pores?

This is the last one. Don't expect any more.

Martin Freeman looks about as sick of this poo poo as the rest of us.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really, really wanted to like the Hobbit movies. I actually do enjoy the first. But the 2nd one was so loving soulless. It was drab, nearly joyless, and just so god drat boring for most of it. It was like someone who hated the Lord of the Rings movies trying to make a Lord of the Rings movie, and only capturing the things that they disliked about them, amplified by an order of magnitude. The Hobbit movies make me sad that they exist.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

I really, really wanted to like the Hobbit movies. I actually do enjoy the first. But the 2nd one was so loving soulless. It was drab, nearly joyless, and just so god drat boring for most of it. It was like someone who hated the Lord of the Rings movies trying to make a Lord of the Rings movie, and only capturing the things that they disliked about them, amplified by an order of magnitude. The Hobbit movies make me sad that they exist.

I'm the hour-long FORGING A GOLDEN STATUE sequence that accomplishes nothing

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I cannot for the life of me remember a single thing about the entire time spent in Laketown outside of "these are some really awesome-looking sets."

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
Stephen Fry chewed up some of that scenery.

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:

R. Mute posted:

I think criticisms like the fact that it's ugly, lazy and uninspired are strikes against it even if it only tries to sell itself. And let's say you're a fan and you want a poster - do you want something that actually reflects something from this film or will you settle for a big red thing? I mean, if you find that aesthetically pleasing you're wrong then that's fine, but even then you can't honestly think that poster is anything more than mediocre, right?

Do you know why I prefer the original poster (even though it's not that great)? Because it represents the essence from the film perfectly - it's a film about idiots who want to do a terrorism and the dumb ideas they have. Like attaching a bomb to a crow. What the film isn't about, however, is what I assume is a prayer mat and four heraldic lions - one with a fuse. Even for a piece of memorabilia, that doesn't really work.

This is sort of off-topic at this point, but I'm surprised no one pointed out yet that the poster is a take on the English national football (and probably other sports) team crest.

Not sure if that changes your feelings at all, but it isn't just a random image of heraldic lions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's because it has been pointed out twice.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

So I bought a thing.

Fitting for October I guess.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mantis42 posted:

So I bought a thing.

That's one of my favorite posters, especially the (OBVIOUSLY).

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

zenintrude posted:

Oh cool, so glad someone in Hollywood got my letter asking for a 1:1 Westworld remake.

Ah man, I would prefer that a Westworld remake be an inverse of the theme: instead of the park breaking down and the robots killing the participants, I'd prefer that a self-maintaining Westworld essentially be a bubble of robot order in a sea of anarchy following an economic collapse, still going through the motions. I want to see Chris the Gunslinger defending the park against invading bandits straight out of Mad Max.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Whenever Futureworld comes up in this thread, which is more often than you'd think, I have to point out the tagline.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Young Freud posted:

Ah man, I would prefer that a Westworld remake be an inverse of the theme: instead of the park breaking down and the robots killing the participants, I'd prefer that a self-maintaining Westworld essentially be a bubble of robot order in a sea of anarchy following an economic collapse, still going through the motions. I want to see Chris the Gunslinger defending the park against invading bandits straight out of Mad Max.

And now so do I.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

mind the walrus posted:

Weird. I guess I've got egg on my face.

And now I'm going to totally be a jerk and say that they should have gone in the other direction and the made the logo like an even more souped up version of 1's corporate logo poster. :c00lbert:

Of all the things that had me excited for the movie - it was this tweet/pic where I said, "Ok, I'm game for this."

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/504007845587980288

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Mister Chief posted:

Whenever Futureworld comes up in this thread, which is more often than you'd think, I have to point out the tagline.

Which makes perfect sense in context of the film. What's the problem with it? :confused:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

TheJoker138 posted:

The really strange thing is, I didn't really care for the first one all that much. SO, you would think that I wouldn't like the Extended Edition, since the movie already felt so bloated. But the extra scenes took what was a bloated mess, really balanced it out, and made it an enjoyable movie.

The second one I liked better than the first on it's own, but I was bothered by just about everything involving Legolas. I'm curious to see if the EE makes it better like with the first.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Mantis42 posted:

So I bought a thing.

That's a bad-rear end poster and now I'm reminded to start my Hammer marathon for Halloween.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CaptainHollywood posted:

Of all the things that had me excited for the movie - it was this tweet/pic where I said, "Ok, I'm game for this."

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/504007845587980288
He looks so smug that his dreams of bringing joy to children have come true :unsmith:

Too bad none of the original cast are showing up.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

achillesforever6 posted:

He looks so smug that his dreams of bringing joy to children have come true :unsmith:

Too bad none of the original cast are showing up.

Uh, B.D. Wong is coming back, and he MADE that movie.

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:

Waffleman_ posted:

That's because it has been pointed out twice.

Well poo poo. Must've accidentally skipped a page or something when I moved from mobile to desktop.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Corek posted:

Uh, B.D. Wong is coming back, and he MADE that movie.
I was always glad his character survived the first movie. In the novel he gets severely raptorized and thensome. Also despite it being a really mediocre game, Trespasser had some really cool (though probably non-canon) voice over stuff by Attenborough himself as Hammond talking about the origins of the park in which Wu featured heavily and it made me like his character even more.

E: Also that poster and just about everything Trevorrow has been tweeting has made me feel excited as all hell.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

TheJoker138 posted:

I pretty much checked out sometime after the spiders, and every other time someone was talking because the dialogues/monologues were heinous. I only enjoyed the experience because I was watching the film with my family and friends and when we went to dinner after we pretty much just caught up with each other and bitched about how god awful the dwarf/elf romance is.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 16, 2014

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Lotish posted:

I pretty much checked out sometime after the spiders, and every other time someone was talking because the dialogues/monologues were heinous. I only enjoyed the experience because I was watching the film with my family and friends and when we went to dinner after we pretty much just caught up with each other and bitched about how god awful the dwarf/elf romance is.

YEah that elf is like the one woman in world not totally in love with orlando bloom in those movies.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

It should be a Web 2.0 version of the original.

100% agreed.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

100% agreed.

This is horrible and perfect.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

feedmyleg posted:

100% agreed.

The mid-2000s called. They want their smothered-in-car-wax logo style back. Didn't you know that flat-looking logos with simple colors is the new hotness? :smugbert:

But seriously though, this is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Doctor Bishop posted:

The mid-2000s called. They want their smothered-in-car-wax logo style back. Didn't you know that flat-looking logos with simple colors is the new hotness? :smugbert:

But seriously though, this is hilarious.

:thejoke:

I figured the tone-deaf use of an older style would imply a feeling of disunity and tension. But mostly because he said web 2.0 and web 2.0 is mid 00s.