Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I paint maps colors. I cheat to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids
I just started a CK2 game going as the lowest guy on the totempole in Iceland, I think it will go alright.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i forgot to turn on ironman for my tribal ireland and now i gotta redo it all

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Parallax Scroll posted:

oh, you switched over to that count? i always forget that you can do that and just play as one dynasty.

yeah the game was getting boring easymode and it was only 1000. i had a 120k army to call up and i had converted it almost entirely to norse germanic so i never had revolts. i also bred a godlike ruler with an incompetent heir so it would just explode.

i switched to the count when i saw he was like 15/15/15/15/15 with a 10/15/10/10/10 heir and was one of the only orthodox rulers anywhere.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

What does the new ck2 dlc do other than the new start date and should I get it?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Jackie D posted:

it is broke junk.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Jackie D posted:

i get all the dlcs

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

well not the song of roland ebook. i already own a penguin classics edition

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

PrinceRandom posted:

it is broke junk.

Go away, retard.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

why are these saxons i conquered still tribes even though i'm charlemagne greatest king in history

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
they're still your vassals just tribal vassals. you gotta reform them. real charlamagne did that mostly through massacres, try it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I bought Charlemagne and all the poo poo off Nuuvem for the price of charlemagne by itself.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I bought Charlemagne and all the poo poo off Nuuvem for the price of charlemagne by itself.

oops

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You gently caress this up every time, DICKHEAD. Poverty gamers unite!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Anyway I started a game as Charlemagne and took all the Canon decisions until Karloman died and then I was over my vassal limit and couldn't be bothered sorting it out so I turned it off.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nuuvem is Brazil's greatest gift to humanity

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

KoldPT posted:

Nuuvem is Brazil's greatest gift to humanity

It's their recompense for inflicting Brazilians upon the internet.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Anyway I started a game as Charlemagne and took all the Canon decisions until Karloman died and then I was over my vassal limit and couldn't be bothered sorting it out so I turned it off.

I was really confused by vassal limit until I figured out it was direct vassals and not realm size and half the duchies that make up the empire haven't been created in 770

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

that's uncalled for

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

I was really confused by vassal limit until I figured out it was direct vassals and not realm size and half the duchies that make up the empire haven't been created in 770

I figured this out immediately, but ran out of money after making 2 duchies.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

MAn goign over your vassal limit is such a pain in the arse. Like if you unpause after winning a war you immediately get pwned by factions and invaders because you can;t actually call up any of your vassals. It will take some getting used to, I suppose.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

PrinceRandom posted:

it is broke junk.

I don't give a gently caress. Day 1 DLC or nothing. The bugs add to the experience of a Paradox game. ;)

I played scripted Charlemagne until I assassinated my brother and married his wife and unified west and east Francia and then I put that game on the side to play tribal Ireland. I realized after you guys said something above that I forgot ironman too and I'll have to restart.

What earl did you pick for Ireland? I'm partial to the Ua Briain house so I went for the older Connacht guy but if any of the other Earls have cool history I may switch for my reboot.

The other interesting one may be the Ua Neills because the Red Hand of Ulster is a fantastic heraldry and folk tale.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I picked Urmhumhain, because for some reason the primary barony always becomes Port Lairge and I figure a Merchant Republic's primary title should be very naval. Also for some reason the duchy is named Munn when that guy forms it. I guess Munster is an English thing or something.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

There are dumb story events for every move that is natural for a player to take. Like my first thought was to kill Karloman, but I wanted to see what would happen if I didn;t so I cancelled the plot and mummy killed him anyway. Also, how many newbehs are gonna wait for the lombard princess plot to fire??

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone in the history of ever used the divorce option? It seems like they hate you less for murdering your wife than actually divorcing them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Has anyone in the history of ever used the divorce option? It seems like they hate you less for murdering your wife than actually divorcing them.

We don't DO min maxing here in the mapgamer thread. Role playing appropriate actions only.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

There are dumb story events for every move that is natural for a player to take. Like my first thought was to kill Karloman, but I wanted to see what would happen if I didn;t so I cancelled the plot and mummy killed him anyway. Also, how many newbehs are gonna wait for the lombard princess plot to fire??

Yeah I kinda didn't like how railroady it felt but I guess that's the whole point.

I may play as their rival or the other brother and sink all my starting gold into putting a knife in charlemagnes back.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Did you know...you can kill anyone or give yourself any title in the game through console...and there's no drawbacks either. Handy for when those pesky adventurers come a knocking.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

muh achievements

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

If I end up with a real bitch wife I like to throw them in the prison forever if they're dangerous or ignore them if they're not and take concubines and say yes to all the adultery events.

I try not to kill them or divorce them if I can help it. Unless I'm English.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

muh achievements

Unironically.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

The achievements add a lot of replay to these types of games.

Except the EU world conquest ones, gently caress those. At a certain point you know you've got it in the bag but the execution is tedious as hell.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

OkieMurse posted:

The achievements add a lot of replay to these types of games.

Except the EU world conquest ones, gently caress those. At a certain point you know you've got it in the bag but the execution is tedious as hell.

PRetty much. I really like the specific challenge type achievements like Caliph Strikes Back, Outside Bet, No More Trail of Tears, Venetian Sea etc, where yo uhave to do something not possible in a normal game, but still a cool goal.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Stuff like converting all of india to catholic is NOT cool.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

i got some raiders to spawn and in the middle of the raiding it said they were bored of not raiding and went home

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

OkieMurse posted:

I don't give a gently caress. Day 1 DLC or nothing. The bugs add to the experience of a Paradox game. ;)

I played scripted Charlemagne until I assassinated my brother and married his wife and unified west and east Francia and then I put that game on the side to play tribal Ireland. I realized after you guys said something above that I forgot ironman too and I'll have to restart.

What earl did you pick for Ireland? I'm partial to the Ua Briain house so I went for the older Connacht guy but if any of the other Earls have cool history I may switch for my reboot.

The other interesting one may be the Ua Neills because the Red Hand of Ulster is a fantastic heraldry and folk tale.

I'm doing Ua Neills. as a bonus there's a ton of relatives all over and you can murder your way into the other county and maybe the duchy based around dublin pretty easy

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I figured this out immediately, but ran out of money after making 2 duchies.

I sent my guy to kiss the pope for money as Charlemagne, but I still had to hand a lot of counties off to super dukes that I had to break up later.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Charlemagne is Karl the Wicked in my Ireland game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I sent my guy to kiss the pope for money as Charlemagne, but I still had to hand a lot of counties off to super dukes that I had to break up later.

Ya. I just went back and made super dukes just now. Had to end the game because the dumbass Spanish war wouldn;t end even though it was 100% and then the Saxon event rebels spawned and I couldn't be arsed.