Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012

Life hack: don't ever check if you already posted a life hack, just post, keep posting, never stop, don't ever look back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Cirrial posted:

Life hack: don't ever check if you already posted a life hack, just post, keep posting, never stop, don't ever look back

LIFHAK: U NOT READ GUD? READ DUMMER THING!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here's one lifehack from earlier in the thread that is confirmed by a scientist.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cirrial posted:

Basically nobody uses the simple English wikipedia, by the way. It was a little over 100,00 articles, whereas the esperanto wikipedia has almost twice that.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Basically nobody uses the simple English wikipedia, by the way. It was a little over 100,00 articles, whereas the esperanto wikipedia has almost twice that.

Life Hack: if English is too hard for you learn Esperanto.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Whenever I see these, I always assume they were actually invented for people who need to smuggle clean pee into a drug test.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bringmyfishback posted:

Whenever I see these, I always assume they were actually invented for people who need to smuggle clean pee into a drug test.

Nah, that'd never work. It'll be cold by the time you hand it over to the person who's doing the test, and that's a dead giveaway.

Need to pass a drug test? Get a friend to pee into a ziplock bag and then tape it to your leg! #lifehacks #hackyourlife #420peehacks

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wanamingo posted:

Nah, that'd never work. It'll be cold by the time you hand it over to the person who's doing the test, and that's a dead giveaway.

Need to pass a drug test? Get a friend to pee into a ziplock bag and then tape it to your leg! #lifehacks #hackyourlife #420peehacks

Or just shove the fake tampon full of clean pee up your vag.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Plinkey posted:

Or just shove the fake tampon full of clean pee up your vag.

That is what I was thinking. Or a really determined individual might put it in their bum.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Or stop taking drugs for a few days when you have an upcoming drug test? :confused:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What no that's unheard of! Are you crazy?!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

karl fungus posted:

Or stop taking drugs for a few days when you have an upcoming drug test? :confused:

Wow, you're no fun at all.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

karl fungus posted:

But some can last in your system for weeks

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
And never eat those evil poppyseed bagels, you damned hippie! :catdrugs:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

karl fungus posted:

We're talking about the kind of person who would buy a tampon flask in the first place.

Frostyhawk
Jan 21, 2012

Bird Up!
I work in the oilfield at a company where you're given just 45 minutes notice before you go in for drug testing, so I've heard of people doing all sorts of poo poo like this.

I just don't do drugs. :sigh:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
http://www.testclear.com/

I know people who keep one in their glove box at all times.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
All you have to do is drink a gallon of water with one drop of bleach in it to clean your system out. It's true, I heard it from a perpetually stoned 16-year-old.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Wanamingo posted:

Last I checked it was the refuge for people that wanted to post confused long-form essays about their favorite cartoons, but had been chased off Wikipedia proper for lack of editing and bad information. It's apparently the wild west for people that want to share "information" about Spongebob over there in simple English land.

Or else the whole Simple English Wikipedia is basically designed to go right on the fridge where everyone can see what a good job you did, sport.

Case in point:

Simple English Wikipedia posted:

Squidward's house, A house that Squidward can relax on a grumpy day. Some episodes have Squidward leaning out the window to tell Spongebob and Patrick, "Will you two be quiet. I'm trying to practise my clarinet or sleep or paint."

theironjef has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Oct 16, 2014

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Pneub posted:

All you have to do is drink a gallon of water with one drop of bleach in it to clean your system out. It's true, I heard it from a perpetually stoned 16-year-old.

Worried about failing a drug test? Just trip on Datura* instead of LSD! #lifehax

*Don't do this. Seriously. The Bad Trip vault on Erowid for Datura is better than any Scared Straight program.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

PhotoKirk posted:

Worried about failing a drug test? Just trip on Datura* instead of LSD! #lifehax

*Don't do this. Seriously. The Bad Trip vault on Erowid for Datura is better than any Scared Straight program.

People ingest atropine containing plants on purpose? :magical:

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

The Door Frame posted:

Here are some of the bad trip titles from Erowid:

A Brush with Death and Total Confusion
Claws Were Closing on My Stomach
HPPD Caused by Datura and Other Drugs
I.C.U. = Datura's Terrifying Effect
A Delerious Experience
Eating Bugs While My Friends Convulsed
Discovering Delerium
Datura Deterrant
I Lost My Pets and Almost Burned the House Down
A Curious Mind

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Pneub posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqbn7oxXh38

lifehacks from the greatest metal band

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PhotoKirk posted:

As is the phenezepam thread here.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

The Door Frame posted:

In prehistoric Southwestern US archaeological sites, especially Classic Period Hohokam and Mesa Verde Ancestral Puebloan, we find little pots that are round with spiky bumps protruding from them. Best guess is that these were used for datura consumption. So yeah, for ritual purposes people consume atropine containing plants.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Frostyhawk posted:

I work in the oilfield at a company where you're given just 45 minutes notice before you go in for drug testing, so I've heard of people doing all sorts of poo poo like this.

I just don't do drugs. :sigh:

It's a simple concept. Around heavy machinery? Don't do drugs!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I like the Simple English Wikipedia for my 5th and 6th grade ESL students, actually. It's great for when we do something with a research component!

Robot Jelly
Jul 15, 2007

Bleep Blorp
hack the 'bola, print this on leaflets and airdrop them over Africa #BOOMsolved

tagged: #life hacks #life hack #ebola #lol #funny #humor #true #fact #facts

Ramping up from kitchen sink quick-fixes to life-or-death hacks while speaking just as blithely, I see :raise: Boy, won't Nina Pham feel silly once she sees this one! This isn't a parody site, either. I know it's just a grab for pageviews but I still find it bizarre to see a heavy topic like Ebola pop up on these goofy life hack sites.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Sex Hobbit posted:

http://www.testclear.com/

I know people who keep one in their glove box at all times.

I love that the ones advertised as useful to pass court-ordered tests have a "money back guarantee".
I'd love to see someone going to court over that faulty kit that prevented them from lying to the court.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Robot Jelly posted:

hack the 'bola, print this on leaflets and airdrop them over Africa #BOOMsolved

tagged: #life hacks #life hack #ebola #lol #funny #humor #true #fact #facts

Ramping up from kitchen sink quick-fixes to life-or-death hacks while speaking just as blithely, I see :raise: Boy, won't Nina Pham feel silly once she sees this one! This isn't a parody site, either. I know it's just a grab for pageviews but I still find it bizarre to see a heavy topic like Ebola pop up on these goofy life hack sites.

I prefer not swapping spit and drinking the blood of the infected, personally.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Picnic Princess posted:

Prude

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Picnic Princess posted:

Enjoy your weak, untested immune system, maggot! I'll just be swimming in raw sewage, you know, to cool off while the supervirus turns your organs into liquid poo poo. :shepface: #georgecarlin

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Stop your kinkshaming. You are an oppressive member of the healthyarchy. I bet you are even skinny and work out.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Samizdata posted:

Stop your kinkshaming. You are an oppressive member of the healthyarchy. I bet you are even skinny and work out.

Pfft. Working out doesn't make you skinny. It makes you BIG. Do you even lift?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

KiteAuraan posted:

In prehistoric Southwestern US archaeological sites, especially Classic Period Hohokam and Mesa Verde Ancestral Puebloan, we find little pots that are round with spiky bumps protruding from them. Best guess is that these were used for datura consumption. So yeah, for ritual purposes people consume atropine containing plants.

In my country you still can be tricked to consume datura so your lover/wife/girlfriend can keep you by their side *~forever~*

Lifehack: Don't do that.

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012

Karma Monkey posted:

Pfft. Working out doesn't make you skinny. It makes you BIG. Do you even lift?

I kind of think this is good advice. The problem is that a lot of time people focus on their weight loss and end up getting discouraged when the pounds aren't flying off.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Power_of_the_glory posted:

I kind of think this is good advice. The problem is that a lot of time people focus on their weight loss and end up getting discouraged when the pounds aren't flying off.

Yes, exactly. It's good advice. Not really a life hack. Unless we're just gonna call every succinct helpful suggestion a life hack. If we are doing that, Benjamin Franklin is the muthafuckin master of Life Hacks.

ETA:

Karma Monkey has a new favorite as of 19:56 on Oct 19, 2014

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Karma Monkey posted:

Yes, exactly. It's good advice. Not really a life hack. Unless we're just gonna call every succinct helpful suggestion a life hack. If we are doing that, Benjamin Franklin is the muthafuckin master of Life Hacks.

ETA:

Look at you American scrubs who still have pennies.

"Abolish pennies to reduce mint costs and make commerce easier!" #firstworldhack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Karma Monkey posted:

When does a life hack stop being a life hack and start just... being life?