Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I canonically became Karl the Great. Roland died fighting off peasants tho. Lmfao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ya. I just went back and made super dukes just now. Had to end the game because the dumbass Spanish war wouldn;t end even though it was 100% and then the Saxon event rebels spawned and I couldn't be arsed.

Widukind was a pain in the rear end. His army was bigger than mine. I had to wait for them to siege a few places so they would split up

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You're right baout the lovely French c;lothes. The DLC clothes are way nicer.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just figured out that if you form a republic from a tribal holding, it defaults to senority succession for some reason. However, Designated Heir still overrides normal succesion. You just get to pick your heir, and they inherit everything no questions asked.

Lol.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Larry Parrish posted:

I just figured out that if you form a republic from a tribal holding, it defaults to senority succession for some reason. However, Designated Heir still overrides normal succesion. You just get to pick your heir, and they inherit everything no questions asked.

Lol.

Oh my that sounds rather desirable.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OkieMurse posted:

Oh my that sounds rather desirable.

I have 4 trading posts and its before the year 800.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

why is ragnar lodbrok the slavic king of lithuania (which consist of half of sweden and the coast of lithuania)

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I got a little 6 ship navy together and I'm raiding Muslim Iberia over and over for 50 gold at a time to buy my king title lol

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

I got a little 6 ship navy together and I'm raiding Muslim Iberia over and over for 50 gold at a time to buy my king title lol

DICKHEAD posted:

Raiding is so good I never get tired of it.

When I play non-raider civs I always miss that easy money

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

tribal ally AI is real dumb. they're all the same rank so they can't link up and just send in their 350-dude regiments one at a time against a 1500 stack.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It took me 2 years of owning CK2 before I realized researching cultural tech is how you can start a heresy. I thought I had to get a Possessed ruler and get lucky or some poo poo.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Cool. I united Ireland and in the process of revoking some guy's lands I found out that one of the dude's bishops was the leader of a peasant revolt I had beaten like 5 years earlier. I still had my imprison reason against him (I had forced him to be a monk and then he fled when I tried to rearrest him lol) so I just imprisoned and executed him. Gotcha, bitch.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

The tech system still eludes my understanding in CK2.

If there's nothing better for my spy to do I'll send him to a big city like Constantinople to steal some tech but other than that I just let it do its thing automatically.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

Cool. I united Ireland and in the process of revoking some guy's lands I found out that one of the dude's bishops was the leader of a peasant revolt I had beaten like 5 years earlier. I still had my imprison reason against him (I had forced him to be a monk and then he fled when I tried to rearrest him lol) so I just imprisoned and executed him. Gotcha, bitch.

Hahaha I bet he thought you forgot about that time him and his friends tried to behead you.

Never forget. Never forgive.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Making a 3 year old a bishop so he don't inherit.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

That's so Johan.

Someone with expendable income buy that emote for us so that we can use it like 5 times ever.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

That's a hell of a good idea. My plan is to make a little homemade Celtic Empire out of Ireland, Wales and Brittany.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That's a hell of a good idea. My plan is to make a little homemade Celtic Empire out of Ireland, Wales and Brittany.

Make your Celts badass raiders and then raid the Vikings into obscurity.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Seems a lot easier to coax randoms to your court, to stock your council with epic guys.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

When you turn into a feudal kingdom is it better to wait til all your provinces convert with you? That's a lot of money

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Got caught in a raid... Iberia is getting a bit too hot.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Has anyone in the history of ever used the divorce option? It seems like they hate you less for murdering your wife than actually divorcing them.

I divorce occasionally if I can't afford assassinating her.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Quite often the first thing I would do if I am stuck with a female heir who succeeds but is married patrilineally is divorce him because the pope hating me isn't as annoying as other dynasties or my vassals hating me. Also, role playing purposes.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

aaag tribes are hard cause your neighbors all declare war on you at the drop of a hat

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

aaag tribes are hard cause your neighbors all declare war on you at the drop of a hat

Good let them come

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

OkieMurse posted:

Good let them come

yeah but the ai can get ai units to all form an orderly stack but i can't!!!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I picked Nantes in the old gods startdate and invaded Mauretania and converted to islam for the viking ummah achievement, but like, half of the land their is tribal but if you organize them into counts and put them under a feudal duke you can like, just call up all their levies and get a shitload of troops.

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Oct 16, 2014

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

DICKHEAD posted:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

OkieMurse posted:

If I end up with a real bitch wife I like to throw them in the prison forever if they're dangerous or ignore them if they're not and take concubines and say yes to all the adultery events.

I try not to kill them or divorce them if I can help it. Unless I'm English.

but the first is basically henry II irl

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Henry II was the first divorce?

I can't find info on H2 of France or H2 of England getting a divorce. Both were survived by their wives as far as I know.

H2 of England's wife had recently annulled her marriage with Louis VII of France though.

edit: I don't actually know poo poo about royal marriages off the top of my head, just wiki'ing it. But this is a big reason I love these map games, I spend more time on the wikis reading about these people than I do playing the games.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

OkieMurse posted:

Henry II was the first divorce?

I can't find info on H2 of France or H2 of England getting a divorce. Both were survived by their wives as far as I know.

H2 of England's wife had recently annulled her marriage with Louis VII of France though.

nah i was talking about 'leave your wife locked up and then gently caress everything in a skirt'

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Oh yeah then spot on.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i am now sleeping with the wife of my comatose son

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Annulment is technically what they did rather than divorce.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

If the game were more accurate you would be required to get a dispensation from the church before you could marry your cousin.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Is there any interest in my lovely mod for Vicky 2 that I haven't bothered to fix?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

DICKHEAD posted:

Is there any interest in my lovely mod for Vicky 2 that I haven't bothered to fix?

how broken is it.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

how broken is it.

Well some guy on badgame made a bunch of new events and stuff for it but I ain't bothered to implement them or fix them for my Grand Vision. There's a bunch of goofy things I ain't bothered to fix yet as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
which countries are ponies