Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Scyron posted:

I think some of that stuff is cross buy, actually.

Cross-buy if you bought the season pass. Are y'all gettin' me? perk/clothing/gun packs that were part of the season pass are not included for free in the PS4 version, unless you bought the season pass. The maps are though.

I only mentioned it because he was making a point as to PS4 owners getting a better deal and...bah...nevermind, it doesn't matter.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Davincie posted:

Its a shame matchmaking, the clan management system and mid game joining all suck though

Sad but true. Actually matchmaking is passable now at least.

There's also a bajillion balance issues but at this point it just is what it is and it's fun enough to look past the flaws. Id' pay good money to not have so many actions mapped to triangle though. Jesus Christ.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

second-hand smegma posted:

Cross-buy if you bought the season pass. Are y'all gettin' me? perk/clothing/gun packs that were part of the season pass are not included for free in the PS4 version, unless you bought the season pass. The maps are though.

I only mentioned it because he was making a point as to PS4 owners getting a better deal and...bah...nevermind, it doesn't matter.

I think you may have misunderstood me still. I noted that I had the season pass as a pre-emptive response to the common argument I've heard - that "Remastered is a great deal even if you have the original PS3 game because it comes with the DLC too", which is moot if, like me, you also have the DLC.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BreakAtmo posted:

I think you may have misunderstood me still. I noted that I had the season pass as a pre-emptive response to the common argument I've heard - that "Remastered is a great deal even if you have the original PS3 game because it comes with the DLC too", which is moot if, like me, you also have the DLC.

I'm getting tired of pointing this out so I'll just shut up after this post.

THE PS4 VERSION DOES NOT COME WITH ALL PS3 SEASON PASS CONTENT. PS4 version is still a great deal, but if you're playing Factions (which is what I was talking about) then it comes up a little short.

Season Pass content that does not come with the PS4 version but is cross-buy from the PS3 season pass.

- The Survivalist Weapon Bundle: the Specter, Double Barrel, Enforcer, and the Launcher.
- The Situational Survival Skills Bundle: Agility, Awareness, Fortitude, and Scavenger.
- The Professional Survival Skills Bundle: Gunslinger, Bomb Expert, Executioner, and Damage Marker.
- Government Issue Bundle (clothes)
- Rally BundleEdit (clothes)
- Bygones Bundle (clothes)

And the Scoped Weapons Bundle is separate from everything.

So your season pass will still come in handy. :)

NESguerilla posted:

Id' pay good money to not have so many actions mapped to triangle though. Jesus Christ.

I'm amazed that they never patched this poo poo.

four functions on Triangle: open box/pick up items/shiv/revive

two functions on X button: heal/zoom in scope

Just move shiv over to X and things would be so much better. How did this ever pass beta?

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 16, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Smelly posted:

This.

Hardline looks like it could be fun, but it's cops and robbers. It's not going to scratch that military shooter itch.

BF4 is phenomenal on PS4. I highly recommend it.
I can't really control what bugs me and what doesn't, but shooting up the city with military hardware as the police in Hardline bugs me, while doing the same thing as military in BF4 doesn't.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ok, how the hell are you supposed to get 1,000,000 points on the Starter Grid in Pix the Cat?

I feel like I am doing every level not only perfectly but as fast as possible, including grinding as much as I can to get to fever (around level 7), but even then I still run out of time around level 12 with around 800,000 points. What am I missing?

Yeah, Pix the Cat is surprisingly difficult, like you I can't get past about level 12 on either Starter or Main before running out of time and that's with getting Perfects in a lot of the levels. I've literally no idea how to improve my score.....

It's a shame they've locked half the game behind how good you are at it, I want to try the other modes :(

Zosologist posted:

Picked up The Last of Us Remastered because of the sale, and I've only ever played like an hour of it. Whats the consensus, should I start on Hard?

I played on hard and it felt just right, although by the end of the game I did have an abundance of resources.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

two functions on X button: heal/zoom in scope

Just move shiv over to X and things would be so much better. How did this ever pass beta?

Trying to shiv someone standing next to a downed teammate and a downed enemy is like spinning the wheel of misfortune. I don't think there has ever been a button in a video game that has pissed me off or ruined my poo poo so much.

That dumb button straight up killed my rambo moment of killing the entire other team tonight.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Oct 16, 2014

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

Feenix posted:

Downloaded the Japanese demo for Guilty Gear last night. This game is totally on my list now. Can't wait for it. I believe it's supposed to be coming before the end of the year?

I am going to get it as well, but here's the thing: I absolutely suck at Guilty Gear. Always have, probably always will. I still enjoy it, though - so much so that the new Guilty Gear is one of my most anticipated games for the PS4.

Regarding Pix the Cat: am I alone in feeling that the controls are somewhat... slippery? I mean - I'm having a hard time navigating the drat cat at times, missing those perfects. Is it something you get used to eventually?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Shiv, Revive, Special Execute, Open, Pickup.

Precedence would work: pressing Triangle does Shiv > Revive > Execute > Pickup > Open.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
So, Peggle 2 has a rainbow farting unicorn and shiny bright colors and gently caress I lost like 10 hours to this thing.

GOTY.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

So, Peggle 2 has a rainbow farting unicorn and shiny bright colors and gently caress I lost like 10 hours to this thing.

GOTY.
Peggle in general is weaponized crack cocaine.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

GOTY.

:ironicat:

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Does the PS4 version suffer from the ridiculous slowdown in MP like the XB1 version did at launch?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
So I'm having a weird problem with my PS4.

It refuses to connect to network of any kind (wired and wireless), but otherwise functions perfectly. However, when I go to turn off my PS4, it takes a ridiculously long time to do so, and invariably beeps 3 times during this process. Anyone know what this is?

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
The three beeps indicate that the ps4 couldn't upload savedata to the cloud

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
So it's further linked to the network issue and isn't my PS4 dying inside?

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

So I'm having a weird problem with my PS4.

It refuses to connect to network of any kind (wired and wireless), but otherwise functions perfectly. However, when I go to turn off my PS4, it takes a ridiculously long time to do so, and invariably beeps 3 times during this process. Anyone know what this is?

If it cant connect to a wired network and a wireless the network chip is probably dead.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
It passes the IP address and Internet Connection tests, it just times out at the PSN Sign-In.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can't really control what bugs me and what doesn't, but shooting up the city with military hardware as the police in Hardline bugs me, while doing the same thing as military in BF4 doesn't.

Haven't you been following the news?

Police are getting all kinds of military hardware now.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I was really frustrated with TEW last night so I chilled out with Peggle 2 for about 4 hours. It was wonderful. It's the same good old addicting Peggle and the new masters are all fun. It's good videogames.

Posting to confirm that Peggle 2 is as described. This will keep me up and running until GTA5. Hope there's a one-handed play mode hidden somewhere as that's what it needs, intoxication-source in one hand, joypad in another.

Peggle 2 calms the nerves.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

It passes the IP address and Internet Connection tests, it just times out at the PSN Sign-In.
Maybe try putting it into a DMZ? My PS3 always functioned perfectly, but when Dark Souls II came out I couldn't connect to their servers. Tried for a week, then read online that people with my same router (Comcast's standard issue) were having the same problem. Put it into DMZ and then it worked fine. Could be some weird thing with the router deciding PSN is bad.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

MrLonghair posted:

Posting to confirm that Peggle 2 is as described. This will keep me up and running until GTA5. Hope there's a one-handed play mode hidden somewhere as that's what it needs, intoxication-source in one hand, joypad in another.

Rewire the controller speaker with a small fan instead and have it blow PCP into your face whenever a sound tries to play.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

MrLonghair posted:

When I get home on Saturday, I am going to grab a beer, download Peggle 2 and stay up all night. Girlfriend is away, too. It's going to be perfect.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

Maybe try putting it into a DMZ? My PS3 always functioned perfectly, but when Dark Souls II came out I couldn't connect to their servers. Tried for a week, then read online that people with my same router (Comcast's standard issue) were having the same problem. Put it into DMZ and then it worked fine. Could be some weird thing with the router deciding PSN is bad.

I actually think it might be something like this - my PSN sign in actually fails regardless of what I'm signing in from (I can't log in to the Destiny app via my wifi either, or access the main PSN page), so I'll look into this.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

MZ posted:

Yeah, Pix the Cat is surprisingly difficult, like you I can't get past about level 12 on either Starter or Main before running out of time and that's with getting Perfects in a lot of the levels. I've literally no idea how to improve my score.....

It's a shame they've locked half the game behind how good you are at it, I want to try the other modes :(

If you've gotten that far in those grids you should be able to play Laboratory and Nostalgia mode. They actually didn't show up for me until I clicked one of their achievements in the mission gallery.

If you don't meet the score threshold there's also an alternate unlock criterion that you'll get eventually from just playing (Collect X Eggs)

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

My PS4's fan seems messed up, it is horribly noisy now and despite trying to blast out any dust with compressed air and changing the orientation of the console, it still makes a shitload of noise. Anyone had this happen and if so did it ever clear up or did you find a trick to fix it? I guess I'll have to talk to Amazon or Sony otherwise.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

haris pilton posted:

The three beeps indicate that the ps4 couldn't upload savedata to the cloud

I don't think it means cloud saves specifically. It means it is turning off but it didn't complete the entire shutdown process. This could be because cloud save upload timed out before it finished or for other reasons that prevented it from shutting down properly.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I stand corrected.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's usually cloud saves though, since those fail a lot for some reason.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you've gotten that far in those grids you should be able to play Laboratory and Nostalgia mode. They actually didn't show up for me until I clicked one of their achievements in the mission gallery.

If you don't meet the score threshold there's also an alternate unlock criterion that you'll get eventually from just playing (Collect X Eggs)

The Lab is pretty cool, way more chill than the standard game. Gotta say Pix the Cat is a bit more multifaceted than I originally expected.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder how many people have actually found a consistent usage out of the cloud saves?

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Real hurthling! posted:

I just beat the last extra op of MGS:GZ is it worth earning trophies from this point out in terms of phantom pain extras or can I call it quits at 26% and still get a nice prize in the new game?

There are a few unlocks in GZ that I think may transfer over into PP. How they'll transfer (if at all), I'm not sure.

- Complete "Jamais Vu" on Normal and Hard to unlock two Raiden skins (for use in this mission).

- Complete "Déjà-Vu" on Normal and Hard, recreating all 7 scenes and answering all of the trivia questions at the end correctly to unlock two Snake skins (for use in this mission).

- Complete all missions on Hard to unlock a remix of Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Aurain posted:

I wonder how many people have actually found a consistent usage out of the cloud saves?

It's pretty useful for the Vita at least.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

El Hefe posted:

It's pretty useful for the Vita at least.

I forgot that thing even existed momentarily, but yeah, I can see a lot of use for it there with cross-play games now that you mention it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Aphrodite posted:

Yep, even in Vancouver they bring out these guys whenever there's even a hint of issue after two major hockey related riots in the last 10 years.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Aphrodite posted:

I can't tell what you're going for here? :confused:

I* can't really hold it against him that he doesn't want to even try a thing that at least in previews promises to glorify the violent and/or terrorist subjugation of civilian America by police forces, given the poo poo that happens here these days.

*Especially I, given its setting.

EDIT: You know what this isn't the place.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 16, 2014

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

It's not even a "now" there was a bill passed in the 90s to get rid of surplus gear from Desert Storm so guess where all those armored vehicles and grenade launchers went to? If you want to see what fun toys your suburban neighborhood got check out this map.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Not sure how any of this is different from playing Payday 2. It's a videogame. If the contents of a video game disturb you in some way then feel free to pass on it. But don't try to pin it on a game developer making a morally questionable title.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Killing cops is bad. Killing as cops? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I want a game where I can play as a cop and beat up Sir Unimaginative for resisting arrest

• Locked thread