Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
You Don't Have to Send This Registration Card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Judy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
Jeny

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i can't remember what the deal is with this, help

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

great

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Anybody who uses Windows 95 will want to use Microsoft Access.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
*plugs device i've used for years on my win7 pc into a different usb port than usual*
*stares at this window for the next 5 minutes*

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
I never understood why that poo poo takes so long. Linux repositories run by volunteers get package information in less than a second but microsoft, who own billions of dollars worth of server infrastructure, can't get their lovely driver database faster than 5+ minutes per request?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Cold on a Cob posted:

*plugs device i've used for years on my win7 pc into a different usb port than usual*

had this happen when i unplugged my keyboard to clean it and plugged it into the next port over by accident

thanks microsoft

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Phoenixan posted:

had this happen when i unplugged my keyboard to clean it and plugged it into the next port over by accident

thanks microsoft

buyamac.png

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

aha there was a thing on that Microsoft blog about this, something about how not all USB devices have serial numbers so windows can't uniquely identify the same device plugged into a different port. your device is stupid and doesn't have a serial number.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Sniep posted:

buyamac.png

it's upgrading to yosemite atm :)

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

aha there was a thing on that Microsoft blog about this, something about how not all USB devices have serial numbers so windows can't uniquely identify the same device plugged into a different port. your device is stupid and doesn't have a serial number.

that doesn't explain why it takes so long to configure

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

pseudorandom name posted:

that doesn't explain why it takes so long to configure

windows

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

FMguru posted:

msft has been producing and promoting tablets since 1991. here is billy gates with a message for you from 2002:

i'm the completely wrong jacket size, in typical billg fashion choice

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

im unsure a suit has been invented that can take bill on

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

theadder posted:

im unsure a suit has been invented that can take bill on

The mosquito proof suit, trademarked Bill Gates 2041

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
normally if you are not loving broke you get a suit made to fit you

but bill g is so "gently caress you" rich he just looks like a used car salesman from long island and it's up to the audience to deal with it

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
and he died the next day.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
wanna knock that lovely tablet out of that nerds hands

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
bill g: still the superior tech CEO and human being in general

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

maybe if he donates enough money he'll be half as good as stebe

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

cremnob posted:

maybe if he donates enough money he'll be half as good as stebe
hes already better by virtue of being alive

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sniep posted:

and he died the next day.

I remember when I was a young executive for this company. I used to call the old man funny names. "Iron Butt." "Boner." Once I even called him... "rear end in a top hat." But there was always respect. I always knew where the line was drawn. And you... just stepped over it, buddy-boy. You've insulted me, and you've insulted this company with that bastard creation of yours! I had a guaranteed military sale with the Courier! Renovation program! Spare parts for 25 years! Who cares if it worked or not?

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Fabricated posted:

hes already better by virtue of being alive

he wont live long enough to ever reach stebe's level

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
gallant creates software that is ran on the vast majority of computers, and retires to give billions of dollars to eradicating disease

goofus stabs everyone he has ever worked with in the back, pretends his estranged daughter doesn't exist, then dies of a treatable form of cancer because he thinks patchouli enemas and crystal therapy are medicine

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Cold on a Cob posted:

ahahah i have the same lovely usb headphones

do yours get as loud as a stadium speaker if you raise the volume above 6% too?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Luigi Thirty posted:

so? just use the same driver, config, etc. as the last attached device marching the vendor and device class

not loving rocket science, some platforms have had this figured out for literally decades

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Fabricated posted:

gallant creates software that is ran on the vast majority of computers, and retires to give billions of dollars to eradicating disease

goofus stabs everyone he has ever worked with in the back, pretends his estranged daughter doesn't exist, then dies of a treatable form of cancer because he thinks patchouli enemas and crystal therapy are medicine

lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

eschaton posted:

so? just use the same driver, config, etc. as the last attached device marching the vendor and device class

not loving rocket science, some platforms have had this figured out for literally decades

the article continues by saying what if you have two USB dildos plugged in that both report the same device class and have no serial number? the configurations would get assigned randomly

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Fabricated posted:

yah but gallant has no taste

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

microsoft jeny is here to help

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Luigi Thirty posted:

the article continues by saying what if you have two USB dildos plugged in that both report the same device class and have no serial number? the configurations would get assigned randomly

doesn't explain why they need to reinstall drivers

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fabricated posted:

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Sham bam bamina! posted:

one of the original shibes

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

4bpp dithering of 8bpp source always looked so terrible.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Blackula69 posted:

one of the original shibes
oh yeah thanks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
jennay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

ahahah i have the same lovely usb headphones

do yours get as loud as a stadium speaker if you raise the volume above 6% too?

nah they're fine actually but c-media chipset is in lots of usb headphones so we probably don't have the same headphones

• Locked thread