Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

The newspaper actually says Flash disappeared during the "Crisis". We don't know if he saved the world or not. It's possible he failed, and Wells is trying to make him better for the second try.

Or its a huge easter egg for Flash comic fan Barry Allan died during the Crisis in 1985, and red skies were part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Phylodox posted:

the same thread that dubbed Katie Cassidy "Dorito Face"
Ahaha what the gently caress?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hazo posted:

Cassidy lost weight between season 1 and 2 and her face became triangular like a Dorito.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It became triangular like a... triangle.

That they defaulted to Doritos when they saw a triangle wasn't very surprising though.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Hazo posted:

The thread can get pretty weird about Laurel, and S2 had an extended arc where she had substance abuse problems.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I thought one of the more indicative moments of Iris' character were in the pilot, when Det. West is chastising Barry and Iris for being near that police chase. He says "you're not a cop" and she retorts "because you wouldn't let me." She clearly wanted to follow in her father's footsteps, but was prohibited from her preferred career choice; in her position I would probably have the same lackadaisical attitude toward my studies.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Bad Moon posted:

Cassidy lost weight between season 1 and 2 and her face became triangular like a Dorito.
Man I really need to catch up, I heard she lost a bunch of weight but I just started season 2 and haven't noticed a big difference yet. That's still really weird though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

King of Solomon posted:

The thread can get pretty weird about Laurel, and S2 had an extended arc where she had substance abuse problems.

Excuse me, but Drunk Laurel was the best Laurel. :colbert:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Aphrodite posted:

It became triangular like a... triangle.

That they defaulted to Doritos when they saw a triangle wasn't very surprising though.

Her skin tone is also sort of a hideous orange, like she's got the early stages of whatever horrible disease turns peoples' skin that color on the Jersey shore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DaughterofDavidCassidyitis.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Somehow complaints about Laurel Lance's appearance have contaminated the Flash thread, too?

She's an attractive and capable actress. The only thing "wrong" with her was a lack of clarity for how the writers intended to use her. And as of this season, that's gone...she has a clear arc ramping up that is great.

Iris seems like great casting, actually. I just hope the writers define her in ways external to her relationships to men - Barry, her dad, or the cop boyfriend. At the moment, she's basically Mary Jane from the Raimi Spider-Man, and that pretty much means being a prop for the hero's Nice Guy man-pain.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

double negative posted:

Yeah, they haven't really been depicting Iris as smart or capable at all - in fact it's been so much the opposite that your annoyance is probably better directed at the show's writers.

Simply being a grad student doesn't really say much about her intelligence or capability, especially given her reliance on Barry to explain things for her and help her generate ideas. She was literally going to fabricate a quote for her article, IIRC. Also, she knows Barry really well, except she can't tell he's in love with her and in pain when she kisses on Other Guy right in front of him. Standard love triangle poo poo I know, but it doesn't do her character any favors.

I don't say this to totally blast the show - it's still a CW show and despite the sometimes cheesy lines and romantic subplots that come with that, I've found it really entertaining, but as someone who craves good black characters on TV, I've been frustrated with how they've done Iris myself. I have enjoyed the relationship between Joe and Barry, though, especially now that Joe knows what's up.

Wait, I thought Iris was a journalism student, which makes her lack of STEM knowledge not that weird. (Comics Iris is also a journalist, like Wally's wife. A lot of that going around. Shame that Batman never made a move on Summer Gleeson. They could've been so happy.)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

jscolon2.0 posted:

Wait, I thought Iris was a journalism student, which makes her lack of STEM knowledge not that weird. (Comics Iris is also a journalist, like Wally's wife. A lot of that going around. Shame that Batman never made a move on Summer Gleeson. They could've been so happy.)

Journalism is one of her elective classes. She had written a dissertation on something else earlier, though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah I guess her diss wasn't accepted? Otherwise she'd be Dr. West.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

The Question IRL posted:

However that entire theory was shot to hell in this episode given that Harrison Wells clearly knows Simon Stagg and has had dealings with him in the past. Still I'm going to keep this theory down here in case it plays out as being correct. Much like my prediction for Dominic Purcell being Heat Wave came true.

We already knew he was a famous scientist as Harrison Wells, so he's obviously taken time to establish himself in the current era. Dealings with Stagg could have been done while he was establishing himself as Harrison Wells, and don't mean he's not a crazy future man. The theory still works.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

greatn posted:

Yeah I guess her diss wasn't accepted? Otherwise she'd be Dr. West.

She lost her only copy of her dissertation. :v:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

dordreff posted:

We already knew he was a famous scientist as Harrison Wells, so he's obviously taken time to establish himself in the current era. Dealings with Stagg could have been done while he was establishing himself as Harrison Wells, and don't mean he's not a crazy future man. The theory still works.

Oh probably. My point was, I figured that Harrison Wells the man with future knowledge just came back just after the Particle Accelerator exploded, hide the real Harrison Well's body and then took over his life. This episode indicates that the Wells we are introduced has been around a while.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

The Question IRL posted:

However that entire theory was shot to hell in this episode given that Harrison Wells clearly knows Simon Stagg and has had dealings with him in the past. Still I'm going to keep this theory down here in case it plays out as being correct. Much like my prediction for Dominic Purcell being Heat Wave came true.

I want a Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Clock King, Count Vertigo team up.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

LongDarkNight posted:

I want a Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Clock King, Count Vertigo team up.

Unfortunately, they killed the good Count Vertigo. The new guy just isn't the same.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...I'm going to pretend you didn't say that.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Some Numbers posted:

Unfortunately, they killed the good Count Vertigo. The new guy just isn't the same.

The new guy is loving Peter Stormare, you disgust me.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Deakul posted:

Yeah, but they really kind of wasted him in that one episode of Arrow. He's dead, right?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

nutranurse posted:

Yeah, but they really kind of wasted him in that one episode of Arrow. He's dead, right?

Nope beaten up and put in Arrow jail.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Deakul posted:

He could've been Tim Curry, and I'd still prefer Gabel's Count.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

Nope beaten up and put in Arrow jail.

You can understand the mistake, though. Ollie shot him with a net arrow, not an arrow arrow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gabel's Count was fine. But Peter Stormare is Peter Stormare and is better by default no matter what.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
This show is fun and I know nothing about Flash except he goes fast.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

The Question IRL posted:

Oh probably. My point was, I figured that Harrison Wells the man with future knowledge just came back just after the Particle Accelerator exploded, hide the real Harrison Well's body and then took over his life. This episode indicates that the Wells we are introduced has been around a while.

He could be Future Harrison Wells who went back in time via the explosion wormhole plot device and... No that doesn't work.

Now my head hurts.

I like to think of the future newspaper as an Early Edition homage. :lol:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hollylolly posted:

He could be Future Harrison Wells who went back in time via the explosion wormhole plot device and... No that doesn't work.

Now my head hurts.

I like to think of the future newspaper as an Early Edition homage. :lol:

Hey, I doubt TV IV would object to Kyle Chandler in Flash.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The best reason to being up the Crisis and the Red skies is so that people won't bitch because none of the TV show actors will play their character s in the movies.

So the movie universe can be Earth 1, TV can be Earth2 And Nolanverse can be Earth 3 etc. Gives DC something different over Marvel.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

sbaldrick posted:

The best reason to being up the Crisis and the Red skies is so that people won't bitch because none of the TV show actors will play their character s in the movies.

So the movie universe can be Earth 1, TV can be Earth2 And Nolanverse can be Earth 3 etc. Gives DC something different over Marvel.

That just means people will be upset theres not Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover. You just cant win.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That means we can have Thomas Wayne as Batman!

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

kingcom posted:

That just means people will be upset theres not Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover. You just cant win.

DC listens to and cares about their fans, and will do a Final Crisis crossover.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

dordreff posted:

DC listens to and cares about their fans, and will do a Final Crisis crossover.

As long as we get Pied Piper destroying poo poo with The Show must go on.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Some Numbers posted:

I want a Prison Break reunion. But I can also see Vertigo and Clock King being a challenge for the Flash.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

LongDarkNight posted:

I want a Prison Break reunion. But I can also see Vertigo and Clock King being a challenge for the Flash.

Vertigo, Clock King, and Captain Cold, too.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Deadpool posted:

Gabel's Count was fine. But Peter Stormare is Peter Stormare and is better by default no matter what.

Peter Stormare is alright, but Seth Gabel approved our high. I can't believe this is even up for discussion.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Maybe DC's response to the inevitable The Infinity Gauntlet, is to do Crisis on Infinite Earths and they'll just a have a huge super hero gang up with everyone.

I CAN DREAM DAMMIT.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hollismason posted:

Maybe DC's response to the inevitable The Infinity Gauntlet, is to do Crisis on Infinite Earths and they'll just a have a huge super hero gang up with everyone.

I CAN DREAM DAMMIT.

To be commented on as "Who the gently caress are all these people?" and "I don't get it, didn't that guy JUST die like a minute ago?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Drifter posted:

To be commented on as "Who the gently caress are all these people?" and "I don't get it, didn't that guy JUST die like a minute ago?"

Also holy poo poo the real hero is Darkseid.

• Locked thread