Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

kashmir posted:

Just wanted to add the YouTube thing is really annoying. Also, what happened to the "go to page" option? Do you have to hit forward a million times to get to the end of a thread?

No, you still hit the "Page X/Y" button at the bottom of the screen like always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Just a quick suggestion :

I think that you're wasting space with the forums index on that menu you get when doing the left right swipe. Navigating back is already a breeze with a few quick swipes.

Maybe you could instead put the bookmarks in that space and tone down the space the av uses since its mine and i really know how it looks.

Just my 5c ;)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ephex posted:

Just a quick suggestion :

I think that you're wasting space with the forums index on that menu you get when doing the left right swipe. Navigating back is already a breeze with a few quick swipes.

Maybe you could instead put the bookmarks in that space and tone down the space the av uses since its mine and i really know how it looks.

Just my 5c ;)
You might like Something.

kashmir
Jul 1, 2003
the guy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

No, you still hit the "Page X/Y" button at the bottom of the screen like always.

Oh thanks. I don't know why I was thinking there was an option somewhere

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Has anyone with the new L preview tried Awful? I'd like to know if it looks ok this time.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh

Sereri posted:

Has anyone with the new L preview tried Awful? I'd like to know if it looks ok this time.

The visual problems on the forums list and bookmarks are gone, so everything seems fine.

http://imgur.com/x3fsaHx

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

pairofdimes posted:

The visual problems on the forums list and bookmarks are gone, so everything seems fine.

http://imgur.com/x3fsaHx

That's great to hear, thank you :)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Images now always open in a browser instead of giving me the options when I tap one. I might have accidentally tapped "always open blah blah" or whatever, or it did it on its own.

In any case, how can I get the default behaviour again?

e: nvm I got it :downs:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

spankmeister posted:

Images now always open in a browser instead of giving me the options when I tap one. I might have accidentally tapped "always open blah blah" or whatever, or it did it on its own.

In any case, how can I get the default behaviour again?
Settings -> Apps -> find the app you're talking about -> scroll down -> click that button

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

anthonypants posted:

Settings -> Apps -> find the app you're talking about -> scroll down -> click that button

Yeah, I found it in the meantime, thanks.

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.
Just updated, now I don't have the option to click a link and "show image inline" :(

Is this a setting I missed?

Generic Hero
Oct 17, 2013
Been using this app about a year now.

It's really useful for me to hawk coupons and deals every morning before work among other things. I would totally buy a paid copy/donate if I could if not just to support development.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

After seeing some new reviews after the 3.1.1 update (with the youtube problem) just now, I think I need to say this:

If you see something wrong with the app or encounter a bug, or are simply displeased with it in a way, please don't go and give it a bad review on the play store.

Not that I care about what rating the app has, in fact I don't give a poo poo at all. The thing is, I look at the comments maybe once a month unless I'm in there to upload an update.

If you have a problem please post about it in this thread or, even better, file an issue report on github.

Aside from that, I'll be uploading a minor update to the beta soon and I'll be looking into making the app look a little more MD-ish. If anyone whats to contribute, feel free.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
I actually had a question for you re: GitHub.

https://github.com/Awful/Awful.apk/issues/293 has a resolution of:

Sereri posted:

Fixed itself
Yet when I look in the app, I still see the issue. Is this "fixed itself" due to Android L stabilizing with Android Lollipop (I'm still on the original L release) or is it something I'd only see fixed in the Beta channel?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

ryanbruce posted:

I actually had a question for you re: GitHub.

https://github.com/Awful/Awful.apk/issues/293 has a resolution of:

Yet when I look in the app, I still see the issue. Is this "fixed itself" due to Android L stabilizing with Android Lollipop (I'm still on the original L release) or is it something I'd only see fixed in the Beta channel?

The issue does not appear in the second L preview. :)

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Sereri posted:

The issue does not appear in the second L preview. :)
Splendid.

It's nearly officially released, so I'm going to wait until then and just squint for the next few weeks. Thanks!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Bi-monthly posting say I love this app and you're my favorite poster, Sereri.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
I'm posting this from the windows store app and awful is much much nicer. Thanks Sereri

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Internet Explorer posted:

Bi-monthly posting say I love this app and you're my favorite poster, Sereri.

Seconding this motion

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
So I got a new phone and want to take my awful choices from my old phone to the new one. I hit "Export Settings" on the old phone and it says they are exported, but I don't see where. Can someone help me?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Uthor posted:

So I got a new phone and want to take my awful choices from my old phone to the new one. I hit "Export Settings" on the old phone and it says they are exported, but I don't see where. Can someone help me?

I know it's not very intuitive, but if you look carefully, you'll see a folder on your internal storage or possibly SD card called "awful".

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Oh, duh, thanks. I was overthinking it and looking under Android/data and the subfolders there.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I know it's not very intuitive, but if you look carefully, you'll see a folder on your internal storage or possibly SD card called "awful".

I guess I could include the storage location into the toast message :)

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Sereri posted:

I guess I could include the storage location into the toast message :)

That would be appreciated, because I did the same thing.

Also, is it possible to actually include a piece of toast with the toast message? It would save me a trip to the kitchen.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

I seem to have an issue with timg tags. Is there any work around to get them working besides editing posts I make in a web browser?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Unclean009 posted:

I seem to have an issue with timg tags. Is there any work around to get them working besides editing posts I make in a web browser?

What exactly is your problem with them?

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Sereri posted:

What exactly is your problem with them?

They don't function for me when I type them out if its not a direct link to an image, such as steam screenshots.

Here's an example:

Edit: okay... It didn't work earlier today but it is now I guess? :psyduck:

Likely user error, apologies.

Unclean009 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 30, 2014

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

I don't remember what the forums were like before this app. Thank you for all of your hard work!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Unclean009 posted:

They don't function for me when I type them out if its not a direct link to an image, such as steam screenshots.

Here's an example:

Edit: okay... It didn't work earlier today but it is now I guess? :psyduck:

Likely user error, apologies.
That sounds like a work firewall rule.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Idk if this is an issue with the app or Android, but when I paste links into the provided img tags it adds an extra space in front and at the end of the link that I then have to manually remove which is annoying.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ephex posted:

Idk if this is an issue with the app or Android, but when I paste links into the provided img tags it adds an extra space in front and at the end of the link that I then have to manually remove which is annoying.

I have the same issue but I also don't know if it's the app or android itself.

Do you have an HTC by chance?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ephex posted:

I think this is an Android issue, but I could be wrong. Pretty sure this has happened to me on both Nexus 4 and 5.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

It happens on Something as well, so I think it's Android. What Something does do that Awful used to not do is if you have a link on your clipboard and you select the URL tag, it automatically inserts it after the = and positions your cursor between the tag. What would be best is if this same black magic could be leveraged so that if you had a link on your clipboard and you select the IMG tag it would automatically insert it between the tags and put your cursor after it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

LastInLine posted:

It happens on Something as well, so I think it's Android. What Something does do that Awful used to not do is if you have a link on your clipboard and you select the URL tag, it automatically inserts it after the = and positions your cursor between the tag. What would be best is if this same black magic could be leveraged so that if you had a link on your clipboard and you select the IMG tag it would automatically insert it between the tags and put your cursor after it.

Better yet, timg tags!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

So, does anyone have a proper dark theme with working spoilers? I've dicked around with the one I've been using to try and fix them, but to no avail.

Edit: I'm loving around with my existing one more I shouldn't be able to see this.

XIII fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 7, 2014

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

XIII posted:

So, does anyone have a proper dark theme with working spoilers? I've dicked around with the one I've been using to try and fix them, but to no avail.
Whoever is good at css might be able to pull it from the not-mobile YOSPOS theme.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Any plans for a material design makeover? It's all the rage these days.

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

anthonypants posted:

Whoever is good at css might be able to pull it from the not-mobile YOSPOS theme.

I use the YOSPOS theme, its dark and spoilers work...

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Reverse Centaur posted:

Any plans for a material design makeover? It's all the rage these days.

There's a few things I need to finish but it should be in beta this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sereri posted:

There's a few things I need to finish but it should be in beta this weekend.

Noice, thanks for all your hard work, so I can hardly work while at my work.