Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Crafty posted:

Didn't the ps2 have good games though? The only similarities I see is that they are both made by Sony and they both launched with no functioning online capabilities

You're right sorry, the ps4 has no good games currently nor will it have any in the future. I just have incredible buyers remorse about not being able to grind a rail in sunset overdrive while making radical hand gestures, defeat the covenant again after 10 years, engage in thrilling races spectated by lifelike 2D crowds or beat gay roman guys through QTE.

All in 720p glory. Xbox one all in one. Is it too late to jump in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Crafty posted:

Didn't the ps2 have good games though? The only similarities I see is that they are both made by Sony and they both launched with no functioning online capabilities

I wonder if reviewers will do a second review/revision for driveclub like they did for BF4 and SimCity?

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

hanyolo posted:

I wonder if reviewers will do a second review/revision for driveclub like they did for BF4 and SimCity?

Then Driveclub would be the Xbox One of games

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

SBJ posted:

You're right sorry, the ps4 has no good games currently nor will it have any in the future. I just have incredible buyers remorse

At least this explains your need to defend your console in an unrelated thread. It will get better, don't fret, sony have a few years left I reckon.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
my upstairs neighbor has a wiiu i can play at any time

mario 3d world is v good i play as peach

im currently trying to convince him to get bayonetta

wiiu + pc sumpremacy

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
You guys should probably try shilling the Wii U in the PS4 thread. They're the ones more likely to be desperate for a decent game to play. It's funny checking in on the thread every so often and seeing people getting excited over playing Towerfall, Spelunky, Binding of Issac, TLoU, etc.

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Oct 20, 2014

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

HyperPuma posted:

my upstairs neighbor has a wiiu i can play at any time

mario 3d world is v good i play as peach

im currently trying to convince him to get bayonetta

wiiu + pc sumpremacy

I will buy a wii u one day in the future and play as peach too. I don't think I will ever play games on a PC again though, consoles are my jam.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

hanyolo posted:

You guys should probably try shilling the Wii U in the PS4 thread. They're the ones more likely to be desperate for a decent game to play. It's funny checking in on the thread every so often and seeing people getting excited over playing Towerfall, Spelunky, Binding of Issac, TLoU, etc.

It's funnier than relying on a 10 year old game to reduce overstock

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

hanyolo posted:

Was not aware people enjoying good games was funny.

Guys we've been laughing at the wrong thread, apparently this one just just supposed to be sombre and depressing.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I never said they were bad games (they aren't), just that you bought a $500 console and get excited to play poo poo you have played on PC and/or PS3 before. Hell Towerfall is available on the OUYA (and it has a youtube app!), coulda saved $400!

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Bobtista posted:

Was not aware people enjoying good games was funny.

Guys we've been laughing at the wrong thread, apparently this one just just supposed to be sombre and depressing.

Well the difference is that you can call a spade a spade in the PS4 thread so it's not as funny. You say driveclub is a lovely game with a botched release, and that there are overpriced phone games on sale that are also mostly lovely in the psn store and people will agree and be like "yeah it's a problem" instead of accepting a company to repeatedly poo poo into your mouth and thank them for the experience

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Unlike the games available on ps4, xbone, pc and Wii U, yall are no fun

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

SBJ posted:

instead of accepting a company to repeatedly poo poo into your mouth and thank them for the experience

How has Microsoft shat into our mouth since release? We've had a constant flow of excellent games and OS improvements. We haven't had games promised to us then delayed, then eventually launched and not working anyway, an unstable multiplayer network which you are now forced to pay for with no signs of showing improvement and a controller that barely holds a charge and has a light you can't even turn off that reflects off your TV. I think you're looking at the wrong anus!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

SBJ posted:

Well the difference is that you can call a spade a spade in the PS4 thread so it's not as funny. You say driveclub is a lovely game with a botched release, and that there are overpriced phone games on sale that are also mostly lovely in the psn store and people will agree and be like "yeah it's a problem" instead of accepting a company to repeatedly poo poo into your mouth and thank them for the experience

No but this is genuinely hilarious

quote:

Evolution has been forced to implement a one in one out policy - so you won't be able to log in unless another player disconnects.

It's like going to da club :laugh:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

hanyolo posted:

I never said they were bad games (they aren't), just that you bought a $500 console and get excited to play poo poo you have played on PC and/or PS3 before. Hell Towerfall is available on the OUYA (and it has a youtube app!), coulda saved $400!

Ps4 is the $400 console, for accuracy's sake.

On the other hand you bought a $500 set top box thinking it would make an awesome games console. This is much funnier than "indie games lol" imho.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

nigga have you even seen titanfall

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Crafty posted:

At least this explains your need to defend your console in an unrelated thread. It will get better, don't fret, sony have a few years left I reckon.

:drat:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Crafty posted:

Both are slaughtering the xbox 1/one in sales as well.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

CheeseFactory posted:

Hold on to that. One day it'll be ok maybe

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Yeah. Surely Microsoft has some good years left. Why can't we just cruise together in Forza?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
lmao

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

hanyolo posted:

Some people did try to peddle the Wii U there but they just got brushed aside/ignored by all the excited chat about some games. Unlike here where any FUD bait post got gobbled up hook, line and sinker and the defense force ends up being busy berating the PS4 to non-PS4 owners. This thread is like watching a bunch of little kids crying and yelling at a bunch of other kids teasing them. It's the saddest thread in SA.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
personally i love this thread, wid. it's ridiculous as heck and the cognitive dissonance is ace.
i really like it when people are all friendly though.

remember folks the only true console to buy is whatever console your friends are on. this is the only golden rule as far as i can see. unless you have no friends, then :smith:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

personally i love this thread, wid. it's ridiculous as heck and the cognitive dissonance is ace.

remember folks the only true console to buy is whatever console your friends are on. this is the only golden rule as far as i can see. unless you have no friends, then :smith:

you leave foil alone

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

The xbone is selling fine. Being outsold 9 months straight in their home market is all part of the plan. Secret sauce is so close now.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

you leave foil alone

i miss that crazy kid. i wonder what ever happened to him. i truly hope a reconciliation with his wife.

*Foil wakes up and goes to the kitchen and sees his wife sitting at the breakfast table.

"We need to talk," she says.

"Ok," he says.

"But first, if we are to ever have any hope of being a couple again, you need to ignore the xbox one all in one entertainment system"

Foil grits his teeth and glances towards the pc where he has 60 amazing posts lined up.

"For you, Mrs Foil, anything."

He blows up the pc and they embrace.*

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

VideoGames posted:

remember folks the only true console to buy is whatever console your friends are on. this is the only golden rule as far as i can see.

Screw that, my friends have terrible taste in games. I'll find new ones.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

CheeseFactory posted:

The xbone is selling fine. Being outsold 9 months straight in their home market is all part of the plan. Secret sauce is so close now.

Why on earth would you care about toy sales numbers in any way shape or form compared to another toy beyond "will games be developed for it"

Especially in response to someone saying the ps4 doesn't have a lot of games it just makes you look desperate

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Oct 20, 2014

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Last time I was all friendly and positive a mod had to ask in the thread if they had any proof that I was an actual shill from Microsoft so I could be banned. Shadow Puppet ended up getting banned instead though :v: People literally couldn't accept the fact that I liked an xbox that they thought I was working for Microsoft.

CheeseFactory posted:

How much Sony stock do you own? You seem to go on about sales numbers a lot like it actually matters.

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Oct 20, 2014

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

CheeseFactory posted:

If I owned a ps4 I would be hoping sales slow down so I could maybe get my console to play online.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

VideoGames posted:

i miss that crazy kid. i wonder what ever happened to him. i truly hope a reconciliation with his wife.

*Foil wakes up and goes to the kitchen and sees his wife sitting at the breakfast table.

"Ok," he says.

"But first, if we are to ever have any hope of being a couple again, you need to ignore the xbox one all in one entertainment system"

Foil grits his teeth and glances towards the pc where he has 60 amazing posts lined up.

There's more story in your post than the entirety of Titanfall.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

VideoGames posted:

"Ok," he says.

nah man foil met a nice gamer girl while out bumpin on a thursday wit his many firneds and left that bitch weife sitting at home wishing for that sweet middle aged gamer dick

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

the girl totally is againsty gamer culture though and is p casual about her hatred oif the xbox all in one entertainment system

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Crafty posted:

If I owned a ps4 I would be hoping sales slow down so I could maybe get my console to play online.

The meager xbone user base was enough to crash the office365 severs when titanfall launched.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Jamfrost posted:

There's more story in your post than the entirety of Titanfall.

Destiny makes titanfall look Shakespearean

I hope foils alright, I want to know what gaming platform he owns so I can add him as a friend.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

like if you asked this girl abour gamer gate shed be like nah i dont know about it while in company bit then when they get home shed be like actually they make some good points about the connection between game journalists and their subjects and toud think ya i got a good one

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
If any of y'all who have one or cave and get an Xbox feel free to add me gt clemen69

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

CheeseFactory posted:

The meager xbone user base was enough to crash the office365 severs when titanfall launched.

You own a console that's biggest exclusive of the year is literally operating on a 'one in one out' policy, like some sort of new hot dance club. Except when you do finally get to the front of the long line you realise that it's completely poo poo and definitely wasn't worth the 60 dollar cover charge.

But yeah, office365 or something :laugh:

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Crafty posted:

With the amount of charts posted in this thread access to excel365 at all times is probably high on most posters console gaming needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Crafty posted:

You own a console that's biggest exclusive of the year is literally operating on a 'one in one out' policy, like some sort of new hot dance club. Except when you do finally get to the front of the long line you realise that it's completely poo poo and definitely wasn't worth the 60 dollar cover charge.

youre posts are p good crafty i like them keep posting buddy

• Locked thread