Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!

Terminally Bored posted:

So hey, it looks like Dark Souls is finally ditching GFWL, it just got achievements: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/211420/achievements
I didn't like DS2 so this is great news for me, I think I might 100% the thing.
Is it too much to hope for that they integrate Durante's DSFix into the game proper? FROM should just give him the keys to the house and let him do his magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Good news Paranautical Activity isn't on Steam anymore. Here's where the storepage should be. Dev seems to have went crazy over some minor issues moving from Early Access to release. According to this steam thread death threats may have been involved:

quote:

https://twitter.com/SpooderW/status/524217556648079361 -- now deleted
http://i.imgur.com/vZnkS4E.png -- screencap of death threat tweet
The guy's steamworks dev badge is gone which is odd.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Good news Paranautical Activity isn't on Steam anymore. Here's where the storepage should be. Dev seems to have went crazy over some minor issues moving from Early Access to release. According to this steam thread death threats may have been involved:

The sweetest karma.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

That's... an interesting person to threaten when your game is on Steam.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Ha ha, wow.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

I just looked at his twitter and he is defending the school shooting game saying Games Are Art

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Literally the only things I know about PA come from reading this thread, but I've gathered an immense amount of second-hand entertainment :allears:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

What was he going to do? Use the Baconator gun from Spycraft to assassinate him?

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
So apparently this guy is having a meltdown because the front page banner for his game mistakenly said it was (still) Early Access? And he thought Steam wouldn't do anything to fix it until well after the game would be off the front page.

But then he goes loving nuts and gets all of his poo poo taken off of Steam instantly. That's just too funny.

edit: I guess it's possible that he removed everything himself, but it's less funny that way :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Quest For Glory II posted:

defending the school shooting game saying Games Are Art

Lol of course that's the position people take when defending that kind of garbage. :rolleyes:

edit:

He's trying to become Phil Fish 2.0 and he's not hiding it very well. Like if you're gonna try that same schtick to cover up being an idiot douchebag at least do your best to not make it incredibly obvious.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 20, 2014

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Foulbrood posted:

Is it too much to hope for that they integrate Durante's DSFix into the game proper? FROM should just give him the keys to the house and let him do his magic.

There's a big difference between making an injector and improving the source. I'd really like them to improve the port, though, but I guess it's not gonna happen.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Holy poo poo hahah

It actually got funnier

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lmao

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Croccers posted:

What was he going to do? Use the Baconator gun from Spycraft to assassinate him?

I think Gaben has proven at this point that bacon only makes him stronger.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ddraig posted:

I think Gaben has proven at this point that bacon only makes him stronger.

You gotta do that ghost busters overload thing

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I grabbed PA free from the steam gift thread because i got it mixed up with that eldritch game. Its a bad game.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I played some Paranautical Activity because it got cards a week or so ago and I had it installed. It was pretty lovely and and I ended up SAM'ing it for a hour to get the rest of the drops.

Oh poo poo, I hope my cards don't fall into the ether now. I really want those 18 cents.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

His twitter is seriously just "self-sabotage", the webpage

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

quote:

Mike Murderbeck @SpooderW · 4m 4 minutes ago
It makes me happy that there are people out there who, on this life shattering career ending day, want nothing but to call me a fucker.

Mike Murderbeck @SpooderW · 2m 2 minutes ago
I mean, things might suck for me right now, but those people must be the most miserable. All the time.
Hmmmmm let me check *licks finger, holds to air* ...nope

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

edit:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Some less hilarious/awful news : the stanley parable " apparently broke one million copies sold . This is a very nice achievement for a game ( no-game? anti-game? meta-game?) of its caliber .

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

He really just sounds like the worst kind of person.

admataY posted:

Some less hilarious/awful news : the stanley parable " apparently broke one million copies sold . This is a very nice achievement for a game ( no-game? anti-game? meta-game?) of its caliber .

Sweet! :toot:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

I really don't understand why you'd retweet this.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

admataY posted:

It's probably the best walking simulator out there so I'm happy about this.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

monster on a stick posted:

I really don't understand why you'd retweet this.

Because he is cracked.

I cant believe I kickstarted these idiots.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Public breakdowns like this is exactly the reason I do not have a Facebook or Twitter and never will, but am so, so glad they exist.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

Because he is cracked.

I cant believe I kickstarted these idiots.
Did you enjoy the multiplayer?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hey, it's that poo poo game I spent way too much effort trying to debate why it should not be allowed anywhere near Steam like two years ago during Greenlight's heyday.

Among many retarded attempts at being Phil Fish, this guy knew he wasn't going to get his game on Steam during the period getting greenlit actually meant something, so he sought after a publisher to get around Greenlight in exchange for a hefty permanent fee over the game's profits, because bad decisions amirite. Valve cockblocked this in an attempt to prevent other indies from following their example only for this Mike guy to go and start hurling all sorts of insults and abuse at Valve until Gamasutra got involved and started writing dumb articles about how Greenlight was so unfair a system and look how poorly they were treating this fine gentleman. Then loving TotalBiscuit started white knighting this guy until Valve eventually got pressured into putting the stupid game on Steam. You can thank Paranautical Activity in part for the poo poo flood of garbage getting on Steam these days, since shortly after Valve stopped paying attention to what was getting through.

Also, a Kickstarter, a few indie bundles, and nearly two years of early access resulted in this garbage the guy thinks is high art. The Dunning-Kruger is strong on this one.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I reported him for reviewing his own game without a disclaimer that he was a dev on it and like an hour later this happened. I'd like to think I played a small part even if I know it's probably not true.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I reported him for reviewing his own game without a disclaimer that he was a dev on it and like an hour later this happened. I'd like to think I played a small part even if I know it's probably not true.
Haha, he even tweeted he was going to do it too. No awareness in this guy.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Why do you all hate this guy so much.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It really bothers me that tomorrow a couple of poo poo gaming news sites (one will be Polygon) will be writing an essay on how unfair Valve was to this guy:

Because he certainly didn't shoot his own foot every step of the way since the development of the game started and he certainly didn't keep burning bridges left and right. Oh, but those gaming "news" sites, they have short memory, they won't recall anything about that. Hell, those "journalists" won't even look into that Mike guy apparently hitting his girlfriend and proudly twittering about it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Phlegmish posted:

I don't hate him, I just think he's an idiot and deserves the ridicule he's getting because he tried to fool the system in the worst way possible.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

It isn't hate, it's bemusement at an imbecile.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CJacobs posted:

I don't hate him, I just think he's an idiot and deserves the ridicule he's getting because he tried to fool the system in the worst way possible.

Oh please, like if you had a chance to circumvent a huge waitlist in order to put out your product sooner so you could most likely make a lot of money you wouldn't.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Hello forums user Phlegmish, we hate them because they made death threats to Gabe Newell. Maybe if you read less than a page's worth of posts instead of just dropping in and shitposting, you would discover this, and not look like an idiot.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What system is he trying to fool? I thought this was because his game released a couple hours late.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Drifter posted:

Oh please, like if you had a chance to circumvent a huge waitlist in order to put out your product sooner so you could most likely make a lot of money you wouldn't.

You're correct, I would. I probably wouldn't throw a shitfit about it when I am then prevented from exploiting the system in this manner.

like worth a try guys, but don't act indignant when they don't let you have your way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

What system is he trying to fool? I thought this was because his game released a couple hours late.

Greenlight:

Saoshyant posted:

Hey, it's that poo poo game I spent way too much effort trying to debate why it should not be allowed anywhere near Steam like two years ago during Greenlight's heyday.

Among many retarded attempts at being Phil Fish, this guy knew he wasn't going to get his game on Steam during the period getting greenlit actually meant something, so he sought after a publisher to get around Greenlight in exchange for a hefty permanent fee over the game's profits, because bad decisions amirite. Valve cockblocked this in an attempt to prevent other indies from following their example only for this Mike guy to go and start hurling all sorts of insults and abuse at Valve until Gamasutra got involved and started writing dumb articles about how Greenlight was so unfair a system and look how poorly they were treating this fine gentleman. Then loving TotalBiscuit started white knighting this guy until Valve eventually got pressured into putting the stupid game on Steam. You can thank Paranautical Activity in part for the poo poo flood of garbage getting on Steam these days, since shortly after Valve stopped paying attention to what was getting through.

Also, a Kickstarter, a few indie bundles, and nearly two years of early access resulted in this garbage the guy thinks is high art. The Dunning-Kruger is strong on this one.

• Locked thread