Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

can you play as those badass bohemian battle wagons on pike and shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I noticed in the attempts I had at making a fool proof novgorod start, Sweden fails to break off in the first war without player help, and then gets "vassal" opinion toward Denmark until they are integrated.

yeah i guess they didnt in my novgorod game either

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

can you play as those badass bohemian battle wagons on pike and shot

I saw battle wagons mentioned in a unit armor advantage description. Also elephants? Not sure who has elephants... Surely not the Ottomans?

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Maybe there's a future expansion planned for Mughal conquest or something? That would have elephants and roughly the right tech. I know they want to add more campaigns.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
aren't hussite battle wagons like a century too early

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

aren't hussite battle wagons like a century too early

maybe that's a planned expansion too. hussite wars would be cool. Early Italian Wars missions have crowsbows and stuff.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Anyway I'm doing the Battle of Wimpfen

I'll be playing the explosion on the hill.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

DICKHEAD posted:

Maybe there's a future expansion planned for Mughal conquest or something? That would have elephants and roughly the right tech. I know they want to add more campaigns.

it also mentions mesoamericans, conquest of the new world campaign maybe?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

how is the campaing mode n pike and shot? is it just a series of missions in a certain order? does anything carry over from map to map?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

nope, it's just a bunch of scenarios you can play in any order, it's not really a campaign. also the battles only have one playable side which kinda blows

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
a campaign mode for the 30 Years War would necessitate soooo many character-directed war crimes

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

babypolis posted:

how is the campaing mode n pike and shot? is it just a series of missions in a certain order? does anything carry over from map to map?

It's just missions. They seem to be mostly What Ifs where you play the side that lost historically. The level editor they used to make the in game missions is available + a skirmish mode that generates pretty drat good battles of any size and include armies you don't see in the main game (Polish and Ottoman for example)

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

nope, it's just a bunch of scenarios you can play in any order, it's not really a campaign. also the battles only have one playable side which kinda blows

I guess in multi it's both sides.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

zeal posted:

a campaign mode for the 30 Years War would necessitate soooo many character-directed war crimes

i've played the COIN games, it's all cool

DICKHEAD posted:

It's just missions. They seem to be mostly What Ifs where you play the side that lost historically. The level editor they used to make the in game missions is available + a skirmish mode that generates pretty drat good battles of any size and include armies you don't see in the main game (Polish and Ottoman for example)

related: winged hussars are insane 420 frontally assault infantry erryday
e: fortunately the ottomans all seem to have left their pikes at home

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

drat. game looks and sounds cool but i dont think i could enjoy something with no narrative or progression

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

babypolis posted:

drat. game looks and sounds cool but i dont think i could enjoy something with no narrative or progression

it's basically a board wargame but with a bunch of stats that would be hell to keep track of without a computer, not a traditional campaign game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgwDDTeIRVQ

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Christ..is that the Wiz irl. He's even more of a huge Swedish Homo that I imagined.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

80 countries worth of national ideas. Holy crap, Lois.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Antonio Banderas peers intently at a computer, and then slowly leans back, most satisfied with what he sees.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Antonio Banderas peers intently at a computer, and then slowly leans back, most satisfied with what he sees.

Lmfao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Catholic boons are pretty powerful...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can i get the cliff notes on that video because i cant stand the whispery swedish fag voice wiz has going on

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Christ..is that the Wiz irl. He's even more of a huge Swedish Homo that I imagined.

Your wiz hate is legendary. Never stop

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

All swedes except for Johan and Toxjq are putrid scum, in this gamer's opinion.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we should do an Imp Zone multiplayer game some time, in this humble gamer's opinion. ck2 and eu4 are both fun in multiplayer as long as you either have more than 2 people or are close enough to butt heads a bunch.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

All swedes except for Johan and Toxjq are putrid scum, in this gamer's opinion.

You forgot Pewdiepie.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My bad.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

http://www.eu4wiki.com/User:Pinpinolo/sandbox/Art_of_War_ideas

Definite focus on giving ideas to countries that get gobbled up immediately or don't even exist. Romanian ideas is cool.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No Ukraine or Crimea?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

No Ukraine or Crimea?

There's still a ton of ideas to come, so here's hoping.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

they have ideas for a lot of lovely eastern european minors and some that don't even exist at 1444 but where's my south american ideas :sadfrog:

at least africans have stuff now

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

they have ideas for a lot of lovely eastern european minors and some that don't even exist at 1444 but where's my south american ideas :sadfrog:

at least africans have stuff now

I think they are putting SA ideas in.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Paradox never gave anything to the Wizman. That he didn't, didn't already have

His mods weren't very good from the beginning, CK2+ was kinda bloated and bad.

So please, believe in me, when I say

Wiz is really gay gay gay gay.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
No offense to the Wiz, whenever I get a song idea that involves videogames I just gotta share it with the people, fellow gamers and bred'ren.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think they are putting SA ideas in.

cool. maybe this time i can actuallly do an inca game without having to import from CK2

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

http://www.eu4wiki.com/User:Pinpinolo/sandbox/Art_of_War_ideas

Definite focus on giving ideas to countries that get gobbled up immediately or don't even exist. Romanian ideas is cool.

Siiick. Maybe I'll finally do a Romania game. Should be tough.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

crusader states like cyprus and duchy of athens might be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Siiick. Maybe I'll finally do a Romania game. Should be tough.

Wallachia already has its own ideas now...I like the Romanian ideas a little more though. Anything with +core cost is so lovely for the player.