Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

they are calling the third crackdown crackdown one

to be fair, both existing crackdowns are just crackdown one. only difference is that everything is uglier in the second one and there is nothing to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Real hurthling! posted:

gonna wait on that because wolfenstein is like 25 used and metro is still 45. Likely gonna get it in a few months.

Metro is two good games and Wolfenstein is a post '92 Wolfenstein game, no contest.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dan Didio posted:

Metro is two good games and Wolfenstein is a post '92 Wolfenstein game, no contest.

i've played one of them and the used price is going to drop fast when it hits 5-6 months after release.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, I agree, Wolfenstein easily beats two good games, no contest.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Wolfenstein is pretty drat good. What I've played of the first Metro game so far has been good.

Mostly I've been running away from a body horror metaphor on a space station lately. It's old school hard, modern games have coddled me. I am rusty.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Good to see custom backgrounds are inbound. I will personally probably go with a new background screenshot of one of stux's posts where he literally lies about video games.

Disney Fantasia is getting surprisingly good reviews ( and we all know how important video games reviews are), currently sitting at 80 on metacritic. Ign love it http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/21/fantasia-music-evolved-review

Wolfenstein is an excellent game, i played it through on I am death incarnate first time and it was a little bit too hard, I had to cheat and YouTube how to beat the last boss. :(

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

Good to see custom backgrounds are inbound. I will personally probably go with a new background screenshot of one of stux's posts where he literally lies about video games.

Disney Fantasia is getting surprisingly good reviews ( and we all know how important video games reviews are), currently sitting at 80 on metacritic. Ign love it http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/21/fantasia-music-evolved-review

Wolfenstein is an excellent game, i played it through on I am death incarnate first time and it was a little bit too hard, I had to cheat and YouTube how to beat the last boss. :(

if you want to go out for a coffee just ask man

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Crafty posted:

I will personally probably go with a new background screenshot of one of stux's posts where he literally lies about video games.

:toxx:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
crafty take a step back for a sec and realize you are trying to shill a kinect only disney game

i mean i respect the dedication of the gimmick but where will the madness stop?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

HyperPuma posted:

crafty take a step back for a sec and realize you are trying to shill a kinect only disney game

His "gimmick" is that he likes the console he bought. As opposed to the posters who have made thousands of posts about a toy they will never own, obsess over the sales numbers for that toy, and apparently lie over which of the toys they own to win an argument about the toy.

Maybe he isn't the hosed up "shill" in this whole business.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

otoh disney fantasia

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

His "gimmick" is that he likes the console he bought. As opposed to the posters who have made thousands of posts about a toy they will never own, obsess over the sales numbers for that toy, and apparently lie about the toys to win an argument about the toy.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

you don't understand, stux LIED about VIDEO GAMES

crafty, you respect games :whatup:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

see the difference is im not gonna sit here and be like stux got a 9.2/10 from ign im willing to admit wehn something is poo poo

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

HyperPuma posted:

This train has no brakes. Choo chooo :slick:

Stux would be lucky to metacritic at driveclub levels (it just dropped another point...:xd:)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i cant keep up with this bone highway. first metatricit doesnt matter, then it does. then peas dont matter thjen they do when halo is tagreting them i just dont know where or what to believe any more.

please, everyone, for the love of all VidGamerz out there, enjoy your machines! Play those games! Smack some fools in multiplayer if you care for that sort of thing, or immerse yourself in the next level of story telling in a little singleplayer tale.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Crafty posted:

This train has no brakes. Choo chooo :slick:
cant wait for train sim 2014 on xbone either

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Great Joe posted:

cant wait for train sim 2014 on xbone either

Have you scene screamride?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPogPLSukwk

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Is anyone getting Shadow Warrior or Lords of the Fallen? Are they worth it?
Between Borderlands and COD my gaming time is limited though.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:eyepop:

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Maybe he isn't the only hosed up "shill" in this whole business.

Fixed that for you.

Driveclub got a half-page review in my local paper today, it got 1 start out of 4, the lowest score :'(. I was at the main electronics retailer in town this weekend and noticed they had a Bone Throne worth of PS4/Driveclub combo editions, rivaling the (now-finally-gone) Titanfall bundle thrones. Maybe Crafty works for my local paper??

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

XBONE FACT: If you could harness the flip flopping of Crafty on the relevance of review scores as power it would be enough to provide electricity to a small village in Africa for a year, or run an xbox one all in one entertainment system for 3 (3) minutes!

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Is xbox live down for anyone else?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

A SWELL DUDE posted:

stop spreading FUD

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

HyperPuma posted:

Uh, it's a HARMONIX game. You better check yo'self.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
New details for the November patch and still no music in the background unsnapped? Are they loving serious? One year later and it still doesn't have this most basic of features that would improve the experience greatly for a large percentage of the users and it can't be that hard to code...

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A SWELL DUDE posted:

Xbox live literally never goes down, ever. You've probably bought a ps4 by mistake.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Is anyone getting Shadow Warrior or Lords of the Fallen? Are they worth it?
Between Borderlands and COD my gaming time is limited though.
Lords of the Fallen seems pretty neat, a more forgiving Souls game. I'll probably check it out at some point before Bloodborne comes out, just not immediately.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The made-by-Disney rhythm game has a single actual Disney song, "Let It Go," as paid DLC (or a pre-order bonus).

Just Dance 2015 (also out today) is :10bux: cheaper and includes that song in its base library. :psyduck:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

stop spreading FUD
I seriously can't tell if you're lying or not right now

Bobtista posted:

Xbox live literally never goes down, ever. You've probably bought a ps4 by mistake.

To be fair sony have come up with an ingenious way of never letting psn go down either. They call it the 'one in one out' policy.

T Bowl posted:

New details for the November patch and still no music in the background unsnapped? Are they loving serious? One year later and it still doesn't have this most basic of features that would improve the experience greatly for a large percentage of the users and it can't be that hard to code...

Maybe it'll come in December, this seems to be one of the most requested of issues they haven't resolved.

With the new backgrounds there's even more reason to be an achievement whore. Once I unlock these beauties and set them as my home screen I will know I have made it in life http://teambeyond.net/halo-master-chief-collection-achievement-images/

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A SWELL DUDE posted:

If you're ever unsure you can always check here:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

And to give you a straight answer, it's "up" but you can't buy anything or use purchased music, because DRM on music files is still a thing in Microsoft's world.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His "gimmick" is that he likes the console he bought. As opposed to the posters who have made thousands of posts about a toy they will never own, obsess over the sales numbers for that toy, and apparently lie over which of the toys they own to win an argument about the toy.

You now have about 100 posts about this topic by the way.

That's the official breakpoint. You're one of us now.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 21, 2014

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I like my toy but they coulda done better.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Aphrodite posted:

You now have about 100 posts about this topic by the way.

That's the official breakpoint. You're one of us now.

I own an xbox and enjoy talking about it in the xbox thread, even up to the point of having 100 posts about it over several months. Congrats on missing whats absurd about people with literally thousands of posts about something they will never own.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I own an xbox and enjoy talking about it in the xbox thread, even up to the point of having 100 posts about it over several months. Congrats on missing whats absurd about people with literally thousands of posts about something they will never own.

Nah, most of it's whining. Complaining about complaining is 10 times worse so 100 posts is as bad as 1000.

That's math. You can't argue math.

Complaining about complaining about complaining is actually only a 10th as bad so I'm in the clear.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Aphrodite posted:

Nah, most of it's whining. Complaining about complaining is 10 times worse so 100 posts is as bad as 1000.

That's math. You can't argue math.

Complaining about complaining about complaining is actually only a 10th as bad so I'm in the clear.

Sometimes I feel like Internet forums might be a waste of time, and then I read a post like this and I know it's all been worth while.

Finally!!

Crafty fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 21, 2014

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

1 friend online

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

I think I'm done with sim games after Zoo Tycoon told me I had too many exhibits in my zoo. gently caress you game, I want to make an awesome zoo!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Stux posted:

1 friend online

Who needs friends when you have that many cheevos? :eyepop:

Soonmot posted:

I think I'm done with sim games after Zoo Tycoon told me I had too many exhibits in my zoo. gently caress you game, I want to make an awesome zoo!

Ahahaha what the gently caress? Did your zoo have an unbelievable amount of rams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
i dont own an xbone, but if i did own an xbone, i would say that i dont own an xbone

• Locked thread