Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

owns

i should think of something to contribute. maybe football recipes and liquor reviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

wheez the roux posted:

owns

i should think of something to contribute. maybe football recipes and liquor reviews

what about liquor recipes and football reviews? "This Ravens game was poorly made, the staff was all surly and whatnot. 1 star, pass. The service was PATHETIC!"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What is the drink of choice depending on whether the cougs lose or win the apple cup?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I started a new series where I complain about the AFC East:

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2014/10/18/14-years-spectacular-incompetence-afc-east/

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"It’s odd how the Jets’ green fills almost exactly 50% in each pie, but they fill my heart 100% with disdain."

hahaha that's great

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Requesting a fart of Marshal calling out a Cutler. Dude had a better chance getting a response from his water cooler.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Chad Pennington was robbed of that 2008 MVP award.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Not mine:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Crossposting from CFB Thread:

Thermos H Christ posted:

Holy god THujone has outdone himself.

A&M

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

It's beautiful... :aaa:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

This could also be a Percy Harvin gif with Pete Carroll too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That Baylor one is pretty awesome. A&M kind of bogs down though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

This could also be a Percy Harvin gif with Pete Carroll too.

Since everyone knows the .gif, the board needs to say

JUST
ASKING
?S

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.

I smiled, but then I heard his voice singing it in my head, and I lol'd

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ten little Redskins playing to a tie;
One sprained his little neck and then there were nine.

Nine little Redskins shut out very late;
One threw for no touchdowns, and then there were eight.

Eight little Redskins trying to get to heaven;
One said he'd stay there and then there were seven.

Seven little Redskins throwing lots of picks;
One wed a talk show host and then there were six.

Six little Redskins stalling on the drive;
The Vikings traded for one and then there were five.

Five little Redskins unable to score;
An unleashed dragon swallowed one and then there were four.

Four little Redskins tackled at the knee;
One tore his ACL and then there were three.

Three little Redskins didn't have a clue;
One came back for just one game and then there were two.

Two little Redskins having little fun;
One threw another pick and then there was one.

One little Redskin left all alone;
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That was beautiful

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
That was great, but you missed the opportunity to Sean Taylor at number 8/7...

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Peyton breaks the record and good things happen

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/peyton-breaks-the-td-record/

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Tim Tebow is a sinner and a fornicator! :colbert:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Doo-dah, doo-dah...

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
When I whore FART and Draw Play stuff on other forums and other threads on SA can I just hotlink the images, or should I rehost? I always put the link in the post, but sometimes things need to be inline.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Athanatos posted:

When I whore FART and Draw Play stuff on other forums and other threads on SA can I just hotlink the images, or should I rehost? I always put the link in the post, but sometimes things need to be inline.

Febreeze would rather you just link the URL to the comic in the post. Linking the img hoses his sites bandwidth and rehosting makes it unlikely he would get credit.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Febreeze would rather you just link the URL to the comic in the post. Linking the img hoses his sites bandwidth and rehosting makes it unlikely he would get credit.

Yeah basically this. Hotlinking steals the bandwidth and rehosting is very frowned upon among the internet webcomic/content creator community. Just post the link with a description like I do here.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Please link to FART I need the clicks to feed my pet rabbit.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

In an age with cloud computing and cheap server farm rental space, "bandwidth" shouldn't be a problem anymore and if it is maybe you should stop payin for your data with food stamps bitches

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

sweet thursday posted:

In an age with cloud computing and cheap server farm rental space, "bandwidth" shouldn't be a problem anymore and if it is maybe you should stop payin for your data with food stamps bitches

I pay for my data by pedaling my NetBike down in the basement to spin the cyberwheel and link me up online

But the point remains the same that Draw Play cartoons should be viewed on the Draw Play website

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

I'm honestly less bothered with the hotlinking then rehosting, as my site does get the hits, but they become shallow sad hits that don't mean much.

Say someone hotlinks the comic image somewhere. I get hits, but all that is shown is the image link, and not the page. People will see the image, laugh or say it sucks or whatever, and move on. If they really like it they will spread it. The problem I have here is that people are seeing the image, and not the rest of the site attached to it. How many people would notice the URL on an image? How many people see a picture on the internet and go "huh, that's cool, I wonder if there are more" and looks up the site via the watermark or googling it? Maybe a few people, but on the whole? No one. No one really browses the internet like that. If you see something funny online and want to share it you take it and share the link you were shared. If that link is just to the image, that's a whole new slew of people seeing the comic without knowing there is a whole site with them attached to it. If they are given a link to the page with the comic on it however, they see that they can comment, that there are other comics to flip through, and other pages to check things out on. Nothing brings me as much happiness as logging in and seeing 15 new comments from the same person, all on old comics in descending order, because I know someone just discovered the site and flipped through the archive. The chances of getting that person are higher when the original link they are given is to the DP comic page itself, and not just the image link from the page. Also, to hotlink, you have to go to that page to get the link, so why not just share the straight link instead?

That might sound like I'm trying to funnel people into viewing things for my benefit, and I guess it kind of is, but as someone who makes content for the internet, especially the type of content that tends to get stolen and rehosted (You can't really rehost articles, but images? Easy poo poo), linking to the source is the nicest thing you can do for that person. That goes for everyone beyond me. I had no idea how much rehosting and hotlinking did to screw you over until I was on the receiving end on a regular basis. I can't stop it, but I can try and slow it and let people know why it doesn't benefit us as much as you might think. I'm sure KC Green got a boost from Dickbutt being viral, but I'd guess that 70% or more of people who know dickbutt have never visited his site or even know it was his original work.

Also, I'm poor, and the site still doesn't get enough traffic on a regular basis to warrant upgrades to my hosting beyond the basics, so if a comic gets hotlinked to a popular forum somewhere, my site takes the slow down and suffers the consequences even though no one is actually visiting. Maybe one day I'll be popular enough to warrant better hosting that can handle it and I'll care about all this less, but as of right now I'm still mostly a nobody.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 21, 2014

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ebola in a tiny noose is beautiful

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ebola in a tiny noose is beautiful

I appreciate Comcast going under.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

please don't hot link my works

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

Good points

Its always weird to me that in the internet age you have to justify wanting credit for your work like this.

Don't be a dick to Dave, link to his site so he gets credit.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

When I share, I link the page. I'm a good guy man don't worry :]

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Looks like Peyton removed his helmet during the play, that's an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, bring back the TD, cancel everything :unsmigghh:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Ehud posted:

Please link to FART I need the clicks to feed my pet rabbit.

Tell me about the rabbits again, George

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hey I want to do more crowd-sourced posts for FART. I was thinking it would be fun to do some Gruden-isms. You know the ones where he says stuff like, "I call this guy the ________ because ________!"

Maybe we could leave the medium very open on this so people can write stuff, make images, MS-Paint, photoshop, whatever.

Here are some actual Gruden-isms:

“Mike, did you ever see the movie ‘Cast Away?’ In that movie, Tom Hanks’ only friend was a ball named Wilson. In this game, Russell Wilson’s only friend is a football.”

“Mike, the best band to ever come out of Seattle was, of course, Pearl Jam. And that’s what I expect the Seahawks to do – just jam it up the middle.”

“I call this guy ‘Road Rage’ because he makes some of the most violent runs in football.”

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think you ask too much of us. How could we ever compare when the man himself spits out gold like that?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Ehud posted:

Hey I want to do more crowd-sourced posts for FART. I was thinking it would be fun to do some Gruden-isms. You know the ones where he says stuff like, "I call this guy the ________ because ________!"

Maybe we could leave the medium very open on this so people can write stuff, make images, MS-Paint, photoshop, whatever.

Here are some actual Gruden-isms:

“Mike, did you ever see the movie ‘Cast Away?’ In that movie, Tom Hanks’ only friend was a ball named Wilson. In this game, Russell Wilson’s only friend is a football.”

“Mike, the best band to ever come out of Seattle was, of course, Pearl Jam. And that’s what I expect the Seahawks to do – just jam it up the middle.”

“I call this guy ‘Road Rage’ because he makes some of the most violent runs in football.”
THere is no way those are actual quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

football fuckerman posted:

THere is no way those are actual quotes

foreal they are

• Locked thread