Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Goog posted:

The plan is to record a podcast tonight. If you have questions you'd like us to answer, post them now!

Book a WWF vs. WCW baseball game circa 1998.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Are there any terrible wrestlers or gimmicks that you like? If so, who?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
How much does Art Donovan weigh?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Draga posted:

Kevin Nash

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Draga posted:

CM Punk

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Followup question: How 'bout it?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Recast the 2004 ALCS with wrestlers please and thank you.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Draga posted:

Banjo

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Draga posted:

Toru Yano.

Terrible wrestler, basic gimmick, loving hilarious.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

CopywrightMMXI posted:

A lot less now.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Dear podcasts please compliment Rusev and talk about how big his muscles are and stuff.

Follow-up question: Hello how are you doing?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

NienNunb posted:

Book a WWF vs. WCW baseball game circa 1998.

I'll do one better.

Question for Pisscast and Punchcast:

Book a WWF vs. WCW Rock N' Jock Softball game circa April 1998.

WWF Roster for April 1998 posted:

Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, Billy Gunn, Savio Vega, Henry Godwinn, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Goldust, Leif Cassidy, Steve Austin, Phineous Godwinn, Vader, Justin Bradshaw, Mankind, Marc Mero, Faarooq, Mark Henry, Barry Windham, Kane, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, Philip LaFon, Doug Furnas, Flash Funk, Rocky Miavia, Mosh, Thrasher, Brakus, Tiger Ali Singh, Hawk, Animal, Ken Shamrock, Scott Taylor, D-Lo Brown, Brian "Chainz" Lee, 8-Ball, Skull, Brian Christopher, Miguel Perez Jr., Jose Estrada Jr., Jesus Castillo, Taka Michinoku, The Patriot, Recon, Kurrgan, Sniper, Max Mini, El Torito, Jackyl, Jeff Jarrett, Glen Kulka, Steve Blackman, Aguila, Adam Copeland, Terry Funk, Pantera, Jauques Rougeau, Carl Pierre Oulette, Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson, Erin O'Grady, Vic Grimes, Paul Silvia, Mike Droese, John Tenta, Dan Severn, Men's Teioh, Shoichi Funaki, Dick Togo, X-Pac, Val Venis

WCW Roster for April 1998 posted:

Bobby Eaton, Sting, Jack Boot, DDP, Buff Bagwell, Ric Flair, Stevie Ray, Booker T., Mark Starr, Ray Traylor, Steve Armstrong, Meng, Alex Wright, Hulk Hogan, Scott Armstrong, Randy Savage, Renegade, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Scotty Riggs, Lex Luger, Scott Norton, The Giant, The Barbarian, Hugh Morrus, Rocco Rock, Johnny Grunge, Konnan, Bobby Walker, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, Billy Kidman, Rob Ruckus, Ken Chaos, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Steve McMichael, Rey Misterio Jr., Jim Powers, Chavo Guerrero Jr., Chris Jericho, Juventud Guerrera, Vincent, Psicosis, Roadblock, Roddy Piper, La Parka, Ultimo Dragon, Super Calo, Ray Mandoza Jr., Greg Valentine, Jerry Flynn, Mortis, Wrath, Hector Garza, Yuji Nagata, Joey Maggs, Ernest Miller, Silver King, Damien, Rick Fuller, Curt Hennig, Raven, Villano V, Mean Mike, Tough Tom, Brad Armstrong, Lizmark Jr., Perry Saturn, Barry Darsow, Bill Goldberg, Fit Finlay, Kendall Windham, Barry Horowitz, El Dandy, Chris Adams, Sick Boy, Bobby Blaze, Lanny Poffo, Lenny Lane, Johnny Swinger, Norman Smiley, Jim Duggan, Michael Wallstreet, John Nord, Barry Darsow, Van Hammer, Lodi, Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart, Davey Boy Smith, Rick Martell, Marty Jannette, Wayne Bloom, Mike Enos, Brian Adams, Horshu, Kaz Hayashi

The format was-

Coach:
1B:
2B:
SS:
3B:
RF:
RCF:
LCF:
LF:
C:
P:
DH:
Bench:
Bench:
Bench:
Bench:

Jubs fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 21, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oh my god JR doing a podcast with Mark Madden :barf:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Goog wouldn't let me on the podcast because I insulted Derek Jeter.

Okay I'm sorry Derek you're a great whatever the hell you are in baseball, Yankees are alright.

Go Cubs!

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Skunkrocker posted:

Goog wouldn't let me on the podcast because I insulted Derek Jeter.

This man is a liar, and a scoundrel.

I didn't let you on the show because I was drunk with power too busy reanimating HulkaMatt.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jericho and Alvarez podcast is up, later in the week it'll be Jericho and Dave and Alvarez which will be more wrestling orientated.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Finally got around to watching the complete Austin podcast synched with his X7 match.

That was loving amazing and I want more.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

Finally got around to watching the complete Austin podcast synched with his X7 match.

That was loving amazing and I want more.

He should do Melina vs Alicia Fox next.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

flashy_mcflash posted:

He should do Melina vs Alicia Fox next.

He should do a retrospective look at JENNA once TNA goes under

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

So is anyone planning on telling Austin that he actually has to speak into the microphone while taping his podcast? his series with Bischoff was awful.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave and bryan have a really unbearable five minute argument early in last night's observer radio over a throwaway randy orton segment. it felt never ending

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Cardboard Box posted:

dave and bryan have a really unbearable five minute argument early in last night's observer radio over a throwaway randy orton segment. it felt never ending

It was funny trying to puzzle out what exactly they were arguing. I'm still not entirely sure. It was something like

In which of these scenarios does the Randy Orton character look dumber:

a) He has no idea that Seth Rollins is going to betray him
b) He knows Seth will betray him and gets betrayed anyway

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

It was funny trying to puzzle out what exactly they were arguing. I'm still not entirely sure. It was something like

In which of these scenarios does the Randy Orton character look dumber:

a) He has no idea that Seth Rollins is going to betray him
b) He knows Seth will betray him and gets betrayed anyway

"Stop, you're being silly now."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cardboard Box posted:

I feel like this is a perfect description for everything Orton has done in the last five years or so.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
jimmy jacobs was r good with alvarez today.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cardboard Box posted:

This is the first segment in a long time that made me fast forward.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does Jimmy ever not sound like he's giving a promo.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Swagger Dagger posted:

This is the first segment in a long time that made me fast forward.
Same. I was confused but knew enough that I didn't care.

Oddly they just glossed right over Ambrose winning a match and missing out on a title shot eliminator.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

The Goog posted:

I didn't let you on the show because I was drunk with power too busy reanimating HulkaMatt.

While I appreciate that some things discussed were NSFW, can you please odd link things that you specifically discuss (photoshops, etc.). Kind of annoying not been able to access what you're talking about.

In other news, do you guys even want questions nowdays? Or do you just like discussing RAW, the PPV, and whatever the gently caress else you want?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Nobody asks questions anymore and rarely people did before hand. The image was in the WWE Discussion thread if you are talking about the "political comic" so I assumed everyone might have seen it already.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I asked questions sometimes, and they made it on shows about a third of the time and I gave up.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Classic observer quote of the week

quote:

PerfecTV, which is a Japanese satellite company, held a press conference this week to push the Nobuhiko Takada vs. Rickson Gracie Tokyo Dome match on 10/11. Ticket prices were announced as being 100,000 yen (about $850) for ringside down to 4,000 yen ($34) for the nosebleed seats. The match will also be the first-ever PPV show in Japan at a $17 price tag. There aren't enough homes that get PerfecTV in Japan to where PPV can do any kind of business like it does in the U.S., so this is more an experimental situation to try it out rather than a major money-making potential deal as the money is going to have to be made through the live gate and sponsorship. Because of the high ringside prices and promoters attempting such an undertaking that have never promoted a show before, there are people speculating that this is going to turn into a financial disaster if it even takes place. No other matches have been officially announced but they have announced Kimo, Tank Abbott and Koji Kitao as being on the show and are attempting to put Kimo vs. Hugo Duarte, considered one of the top Brazilian heavyweights.PerfecTV, which is a Japanese satellite company, held a press conference this week to push the Nobuhiko Takada vs. Rickson Gracie Tokyo Dome match on 10/11. Ticket prices were announced as being 100,000 yen (about $850) for ringside down to 4,000 yen ($34) for the nosebleed seats. The match will also be the first-ever PPV show in Japan at a $17 price tag. There aren't enough homes that get PerfecTV in Japan to where PPV can do any kind of business like it does in the U.S., so this is more an experimental situation to try it out rather than a major money-making potential deal as the money is going to have to be made through the live gate and sponsorship. Because of the high ringside prices and promoters attempting such an undertaking that have never promoted a show before, there are people speculating that this is going to turn into a financial disaster if it even takes place. No other matches have been officially announced but they have announced Kimo, Tank Abbott and Koji Kitao as being on the show and are attempting to put Kimo vs. Hugo Duarte, considered one of the top Brazilian heavyweights.

In case you are wondering why this is important

edit: from memory the show is the shits, but I may be confusing it with another show where a Sumo Wrestler subs a future WWE superstar and there is a boring 30 minute draw.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LordPants posted:

Classic observer quote of the week

In case you are wondering why this is important

edit: from memory the show is the shits, but I may be confusing it with another show where a Sumo Wrestler subs a future WWE superstar and there is a boring 30 minute draw.

That's the one! Nathan Jones does a huge spinning crescent kick, completely whiffs it, gets taken down and has literally no idea what to do on the ground. His opponent is just as surprised as he is that he submitted to the most basic americana.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Review-A-Wai this week reminded me that I also was at the Smackdown taping in 2002 where a young Bobby "Rude" wrestled Billy Kidman. And, yes, Roode's blonde hair and little stupid cape was ridiculous.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Jimmy Jacobs sounded really angry and was acting like he was 15 during that interview with Bryan. "WE'RE GOING TO REWRITE ALL OF THE RULES!" I would pass if you haven't listened to it already.

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 22, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mariooncrack posted:

Jimmy Jacobs sounded really angry and was acting like he was 15 during that interview with Bryan. "WE'RE GOING TO REWRITE ASK OF THE RULES!" I would pass if you haven't listened to it already.

He's permanently 15, so how is this any different?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

Jimmy Jacobs sounded really angry and was acting like he was 15 during that interview with Bryan. "WE'RE GOING TO REWRITE ASK OF THE RULES!" I would pass if you haven't listened to it already.

welcome to Jimmy Jacobs, I guess?

I thought it was a pretty good interview. He's erratic, but that's nothing new so I knew what to expect going in. He's a bit strange but he seems like a good dude and he has some decent ideas. He also has some really bad ones like giving talent carte blanche to make their own content for the network.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

The Goog posted:

Woah woah woah let's not get crazy here, I may be a liar but scoundrel? Come on. :v:

Also just FYI I'm listening to the episode.
-Raw rundown
-HIAC predictions
-Questions
-End

You're like Pisscast light. :v:

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 22, 2014

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

sportsgenius86 posted:

welcome to Jimmy Jacobs, I guess?

I thought it was a pretty good interview. He's erratic, but that's nothing new so I knew what to expect going in. He's a bit strange but he seems like a good dude and he has some decent ideas. He also has some really bad ones like giving talent carte blanche to make their own content for the network.

I can understand where Jimmy is coming from though because he's a guy who pretty much saved his independent career and got a push out of doing his own poo poo separate from Gabes wishes. Jimmy loves Lacy was all him and it worked.

Whether that would work on a larger scale is a different question, but I understand why his opinion is what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cardboard Box posted:

That was pretty dumb, but I thought the epsisode was great other than that. I'm a sucker for Dave desparing over lovely WWE booking and his old stories of territory guys are always great.

• Locked thread