Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Wish gleep would come back and tell his out story of his 1SGT calling and telling him he had to come back to clean his room after he got out.

he won't. that's a dude goin off the rails right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

How are the college vet centers?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

krispykremessuck posted:

he won't. that's a dude goin off the rails right there

What's up with him I never hear from him anymore

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

What's up with him I never hear from him anymore

I dunno he's been sending weird threats to celebrities or congressmen I think via twitter. I played borderlands with him the other night and every time he'd mic up it was basically just white noise babbling and him yelling at his cats

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
This goddamn medication rollercoaster can tongue punch my butthole. I just want to not be dickslapped by random bouts of crippling depression, k thx

I do enjoy how people on post treat me like an actual human being now that I'm not wearing a uniform.

gently caress me in the earhole for still going anywhere near a base after retirement.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

WTF, do me a favor and PM his twitter I gotta see this.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

krispykremessuck posted:

I dunno he's been sending weird threats to celebrities or congressmen I think via twitter. I played borderlands with him the other night and every time he'd mic up it was basically just white noise babbling and him yelling at his cats

dang

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Christoff posted:

Back in 2008 my school was using these as a means of 'social bingo' to get people talking to each other.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Painsaw posted:

gently caress me in the earhole for still going anywhere near a base after retirement.

I actually live really close to a base and go there for the gym, but that's only because Naval Medical Center San Diego happens to be in a nice part of the city.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Rat posted:

Back in 2008 my school was using these as a means of 'social bingo' to get people talking to each other.

so if you got bingo did they just hand you a loaded twelve gauge or

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

krispykremessuck posted:

gently caress u flip floop :(

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Victor Vermis posted:

gently caress u flip floop :(

I want a print of this for my cube.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Christoff posted:

Some are better than others. A lot of colleges are still stuck in a phase where vets are to be treated like lepers.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Go see Fury.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I think having a MoH-recipient as a student at my school really helped boost the visibility of ours.

Not that I've done much with it. Most of the older vets seem to hang out on their own, and that's lame. Being friends with 21 year olds makes me feel young.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

pkells posted:

loving 21 year olds makes me feel awesome

Fixed for you buddy

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Carteret posted:

Go see Fury.

This.

Also :stare:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Flikken posted:

This.

Also :stare:

Right?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Some are better than others. A lot of colleges are still stuck in a phase where vets are to be treated like lepers.

Mine is near-ish a lot of big bases so I'm assuming it'll have an active one. I'll only really need to ask some GI bill questions. Hopefully they can help with that at least. Oh and that they have a computer with a CAC reader (gently caress you BOL)

Vet priority registration is pretty drat sweet.

Time to get on that unemployment, grow out a lovely beard, and let what's left of my hair grow out. Officially a leech on society :whatup:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

In my school's case, the vet lounge is in the same building as the actual mentally handicapped. It's like the cast of the Ringer inside that building.

At least they knew where to stick us crazy fucks.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Wish gleep would come back and tell his out story of his 1SGT calling and telling him he had to come back to clean his room after he got out.

gleep gloop posted:

I made my appointment to clear my barracks room two months before my final leave date. They still made an appointment that was a few days after and said I would have just have to wait for them. So I just forged their signature, cleared post, mostly cleaned my room, left a bag of trash in the middle of the room, and kicked my key under my roommates door.

A month later (after I had ETSed) I got a call saying I had to drive to Bragg and clean my room. I've never laughed so hard.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

I have updated my address with the VA six times in the past two months. Maybe they'll get it right this time. Really glad my previous address on file is my mom's otherwise I'd be totally boned for whatever they've already sent me.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

The Rat posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ActusRhesus posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake.

They should have put "seriously contemplated suicide" as the free space

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

They should have put "seriously contemplated suicide" as the free space

thats implied

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

i think i would have laughed if they handed me that

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So I'm breezing through algebra now and I have pre-calc next quarter. What's the learning curve of that like?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

So I'm breezing through algebra now and I have pre-calc next quarter. What's the learning curve of that like?

Prepare to have "The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus" beaten into your head over the course of a semester.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
You'll be fine. It's just more of the same. Identifying, and plotting functions without using a calculator. You'll see some new functions for circles, learn about mins and maxes and probably learn how to take derivatives to get those without the word "derivative" ever coming up, Summations, Series. You'll probably be introduced to the formula for the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, which is just a way of finding the area under a curve on a given interval. Calc 1 is basically all that stuff all over again with a bigger emphasis on taking derivatives, optimization(mins and maxes), finding limits and more things in the form of FVT (like the Mean Value Theorem).

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Just start watching some Khan academy youtubes or some other calc youtubes. They'll almost undoubtedly be better than your prof and you can check them out now

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Just start watching some Khan academy youtubes or some other calc youtubes. They'll almost undoubtedly be better than your prof and you can check them out now

I'm in pre-calc now and have been anxious about taking calc next year, but I hadn't even thought of learning it ahead of time on khanacademy.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Another great free video resource for math are the channels patrickjmt and integralcalc

the best paid videos I've seen are produced by The Great Courses. These cover a lot more theory and are pretty much what you'd expect from a college lecture, but they're broken down pretty well. Great for watching after you've covered something in class but need more/different explanation.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

DownByTheWooter posted:

I'm in pre-calc now and have been anxious about taking calc next year, but I hadn't even thought of learning it ahead of time on khanacademy.

That poo poo is how I made up for days I skipped because my calc class was at 8am. Then I started using it all the time because it was much better than just doing problems from the book. There is also some other nerds calculus website that is all much more direct.

Edit:gently caress math though. I was doing that poo poo before I decided I wanted to be a lawyer. Taking a bunch of calc based science classes made me feel like less of a retard, but ultimately was a stupid idea because I got loving Cs

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My current professor is a gorgeous Turkish woman. She's a great teacher and a goddamn knockout.

Oh man and her accent. :swoon:

I've realized that college would be much more enjoyable if I spend as little time as possible on campus. My next quarter is half online and half in class. Only two days a week sitting in a room. I'm very happy with that.

bloops fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 23, 2014

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

My current professor is a gorgeous Turkish woman. She's a great teacher, and a goddamn knockout.

Oh man and her accent. :swoon:

bang her

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Edit:gently caress math though. I was doing that poo poo before I decided I wanted to be a lawyer. Taking a bunch of calc based science classes made me feel like less of a retard, but ultimately was a stupid idea because I got loving Cs

yeah, I hated math in high school, and I've never taken any kind of calculus but I just try to look at it objectively, as a learned skill, but I'm still pretty scared of it. I know I have to do Calc II for my major now, but I'm thinking of applying to change to Civ Engineering which would be Calc III and Dif Equations, and I don't even know what any of that means.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Go find my posts from about 8 months ago. I was terrified of math, but now I legitimately enjoy it. One of the few classes where I actually feel rewarded for my effort.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Diff Eq is a where you take a lot of the math concepts you've already learned and apply them to solve real problems. If you've ever taken any physics classes, some of the stuff you're doing there involves differential equations.

I hated everything up through Calc III, and I'll probably have to go dig out a textbook and re-learn it again soon, but it's all useful knowledge once you see how it can be applied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Diff Eq is a where you take a lot of the math concepts you've already learned and apply them to solve real problems. If you've ever taken any physics classes, some of the stuff you're doing there involves differential equations.

See, this honestly sounds dope to me, so I'm pretty excited for my new career as a student

• Locked thread