Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

there's some bullshit from xfinity called the x1 so you can't call the bone that until MS sells it off to xfinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The infinity bone is a good name

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

VideoGames posted:

oh my god these are amazing. pets on consoles! need more! I dont care what pet you own, cat, dog, gecko, snake, just lets see them on the console enjoying life :D

I have cat on a laptop, best I can do

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
To infinity and beyond instead of "beta tested in the future"

It's a green toy you see

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
Not sure about this bone. Get surround sound when watching tv, but not when playing games. Controller is nice though. Haven't broken it yet.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sorry for dark. This is the best seat in the house, apparently. The cats won't lay up there together, so I guess you could say it's a 1 out 1 in system. :v:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Abe Froman posted:

Not sure about this bone. Get surround sound when watching tv, but not when playing games. Controller is nice though. Haven't broken it yet.

As soon as you boot up FIFA 15 your hands will morph into claws and then you'll know you're really in trouble. Buy super time force if you didn't have it on 360, and FH2.

Going to need a pic with another "stax" post it stuck to one of their noses or I'm just gonna assume you were lying about stuff you own on an internet forum again

marauderthirty posted:

Sorry for dark. This is the best seat in the house, apparently. The cats won't lay up there together, so I guess you could say it's a 1 out 1 in system. :v:
:keke:

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008

hanyolo posted:

Discussed to death, but the single player is playable without downloading anything so there will be plenty to do even for the people with the slowest of Internet connections. If you want to jump into multiplayer straight away, you can always purchase and preload it digitally.

But yes they should have packaged it with 2 discs.

yeah the single player is playable without downloading anything if you disconnect your xbox from live so it doesnt background download the update while installing and not let you play the game until the update's completed. you have to install the update before you can start the game if you're comnected to live.

also:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Sex Prospector posted:

yeah the single player is playable without downloading anything if you disconnect your xbox from live so it doesnt background download the update while installing and not let you play the game until the update's completed. you have to install the update before you can start the game if you're comnected to live.

also:

Why would you think that you can't download and play? Is that true on the PS4?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

univbee posted:

Now now, SO is selling fine. It's only being outsold individually by every denomination of PSN card and PS+ membership card, Shadow of Mordor on PS4, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U, both upcoming Pokemon 3DS games, the PS4 bare console, the PS4 Destiny bundle, PS4 controllers, PS4 controller charging stand, PS4 wireless headset, the 360 PS3 and PS4 versions of Call of Duty AW, the 360 and PS4 versions of Destiny, the 360 version of Madden 15, the 360 controller, FIFA 15 on PS4 PS3 and 360, TLOU for PS4, GTA 5 for PS4 PS3 and 360, Fantasy Life 3DS, Disney Infinity Phineas and Ferb, Mario Kart 8, Minecraft on PS3 and 360, Assassin's Creed Unity PS4, PC digital codes for Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition and various other things because I got bored of listing everything.

FUDDD

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Sex Prospector posted:

did they say this at some point? As far as I know, they confirmed that the campaign is fully playable while that huge patch is downloading and some multiplayer is too.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008

Crafty posted:

forza 5 wasnt on the ps4.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Titanfalls biggest update is coming (hope it's 20gb) https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/2jxrgl/titanfalls_biggest_update_reveal_incoming/
Maybe a new game mode I guess.

Sunset overdrive launch trailer whips goons into a frenzy http://youtu.be/W5ddpEO1CK4

Halo 3 footage mamma Mia http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/21/see-what-halo-3-looks-like-at-1080p60fps-in-halo-the-master-chief-collection-ign-first

Sex Prospector posted:

forza 5 wasnt on the ps4.

Obviously, because then the ps4 would have had a good racing game. :xd:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
60FPS? That's some loving Soap Opera effect poo poo. You can turn that ugly poo poo off right? It's like that 120hz poo poo that comes with TVs now-a-days.

poo poo.

Flectarn
May 29, 2013
:)

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

When did they merge the two xbone threads?

In real serious business game chat, I kind of want to get Fantasia. My family were rock band fans and my four year old may like the new game.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
pets spread filth and are disgusting, rubbing their dirty buttholes everywhere. not surprised that people who own a The One would be in to that kind of thing

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

cat food

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Fish soup

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Liquid cooling

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Crafty posted:

Sunset overdrive launch trailer whips goons into a frenzy http://youtu.be/W5ddpEO1CK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxHWISRq2kA

"It made me want to go to sleep."

"The very worst aspects of Crackdown 2."

"The game's humor is essentially look at me I'm such poo poo."

High praise indeed.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 22, 2014

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Sedisp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxHWISRq2kA

"It made me want to go to sleep."

"The game's humor is essentially look at me I'm such poo poo."

High praise indeed.

Lol look at those chaps spreading FUD

Good lord grinding rails looks so slow and annoying.

eric fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 22, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sedisp posted:

I literally cannot think of any statement anyone could make about a game that would be more damning than this.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Cubey posted:

I literally cannot think of any statement anyone could make about a game that would be more damning than this.

It's like the Inception of product placement.

I like that the phone crushes blacks even more than the game does.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

I hereby declare this to be a post your pets with your electronics zone.

This is the best the thread has been in awhile.

Finally, this thread is getting some real content.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

Crafty posted:

Titanfalls biggest update is coming (hope it's 20gb) https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/2jxrgl/titanfalls_biggest_update_reveal_incoming/
Maybe a new game mode I guess.

oh awesome, people seem to think it will be a horde mode? that would be rad :D i guess they'd do it just like the tutorial mission where enemy dropships/soldiers and titans keep spawning into the level?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
first of all, all you people posting your pets sitting on (or around your consoles) are excellent and i love you all for it. King Burgundy, i think you should add the pictures to the OP because all of them are great (especially FishBox)

Abe Froman posted:

My future step son has the third Xbox so I guess we can set it up to share games digitally

this is a good decision because not only can you share, but you have friends/family to game with which is the most important part of choosing a console. gaming solo is fun, gaming with many is the absolute best

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

You can play PS4 games offline while the update occurs in the background, yes.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Ultimate Mango posted:

When did they merge the two xbone threads?

In real serious business game chat, I kind of want to get Fantasia. My family were rock band fans and my four year old may like the new game.
Reviewers say: yes!

Cubey posted:

He goes on to say it's almost as boring as infamous second son which I'd say is more damning.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Crafty honest question: if Microsoft had never released the bone, would you buy a Playstation 4 or a Nintendo AppleTV or would you just stick with PC gaming?

SBJ fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Oct 22, 2014

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I might have bought a bone if there was no Playstation 4. I liked the 360

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

abagofcheetos posted:

im gonna let u all in a little secret... the best kind of dog...

ROOF DOGS
:v:

All dogs are the best kind of dog.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Reserved for future expansion.

This should be petpost.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That's a cute catte but what is that strange contraption between BF4 and the Kinect? Almost looks like one of those archaic things we used to control TVs with years ago.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

SBJ posted:

Crafty honest question: if Microsoft had never released the bone, would you buy a Playstation 4 or a Nintendo AppleTV or would you just stick with PC gaming?

Real talk :I will probably never do PC gaming again, I had a lovely PC during my time at school and I can honestly say those were probably my golden days of gaming. Battlefield 2, counter strike and quake 3, oh the joy. I probably put more time into those three games than I have into all games collectively since. PC gaming is just too impractical for me now, I don't care enough to look up the best components and put all that poo poo together with my static wrist band on. It's also more money than I'd like to dedicate to a nerdy pursuit.

I only really bought an xbone to play dead rising and battlefield 4 with 64 players originally, I was also interested in titanfall. If dr3 had been a ps4 exclusive I would have bought that instead. If I hadn't been in Canada meaning that next gen consoles were almost half the price compared to my home England, I probably wouldn't have bought either. I don't really know enough about Nintendo consoles to comment, but I would like to play bayonetta 2 :shrug:

Lodin posted:

That's a cute catte but what is that strange contraption between BF4 and the Kinect? Almost looks like one of those archaic things we used to control TVs with years ago.

It's what people used to control TVs before you could shout at them, apparently some savages still use them :laugh:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Your dogs look like they mean business

they are fun dogs who are complete babies. biggest one is scared of people cos he's a rescue dog who was abused before i got him, so runs away from strangers when they come in, other is also a rescue dog but i got her when she was a little pup so she just licks everyone to death. they both bark their heads off at people coming up to the house tho haha

koolkal posted:

theyre probably fake

paper mâché dogs how did u know

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Crafty posted:

I only really bought an xbone to play dead rising and battlefield 4 with 64 players originally, I was also interested in titanfall.

Dammit, this is the exact same reason I bought a Bone. Then BF4 ended up not actually allowing 64 players in 98% of games and actually reduced player count in other types (TDM), while the Titanfall beta was so uninspiring I didn't bother buying it, much like Destiny.

At least DR3 was fun.

Did anyone here actually finish D4? I bought it right before Chariot was released for free and after playing the first hour, haven't been back to it since, even though I'm done with Chariot. D4 would've been awesome in like 1998 though, for people who are nostalgic for adventure games like that and don't have a smartphone.

VVV: Yeah I basically just play TDM and Rush, so it was disappointing for me, I should've switched to PC.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 22, 2014

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Saladman posted:

Dammit, this is the exact same reason I bought a Bone. Then BF4 ended up not actually allowing 64 players in 98% of games and actually reduced player count in other types (TDM), while the Titanfall beta was so uninspiring I didn't bother buying it, much like Destiny.

At least DR3 was fun.

Did anyone here actually finish D4? I bought it right before Chariot was released for free and after playing the first hour, haven't been back to it since, even though I'm done with Chariot. D4 would've been awesome in like 1998 though, for people who are nostalgic for adventure games like that and don't have a smartphone.

I only played conquest and really enjoyed bf4, despite its buggy beginnings. D4 isn't extremely compelling gaming but it's fun to sit down to for an hour and see what crazy poo poo swery can come up with. I haven't finished it yet though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

VideoGames posted:

first of all, all you people posting your pets sitting on (or around your consoles) are excellent and i love you all for it. King Burgundy, i think you should add the pictures to the OP because all of them are great (especially FishBox)

2nd post is now Thread Pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

next gen is 6v6

• Locked thread