Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

Speaking of titanfall: big free update rolling out. New horde game mode and a bunch of other changes.

My personal favourite

http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-eight

That sounds like an awesome amount of content for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Giant bombcast on

Fantasia - The tutorial took longer than the entire 1 hour quick look and made them lose their patience with the game

Sunset oVerdrive - its unique and looks good but they aren't sure if they actually like it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

Giant bombcast on

Fantasia - The tutorial took longer than the entire 1 hour quick look

hosed up

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

VideoGames posted:

you are a true king.

He really is, nice one Mr Burgundy!

Crafty posted:

Speaking of titanfall: big free update rolling out. New horde game mode and a bunch of other changes.

My personal favourite

http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-eight

Sounds like they are at least mixing things up a bit, good news for people who like the core game

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

peter gabriel posted:

He really is, nice one Mr Burgundy!

Sounds like they are at least mixing things up a bit, good news for people who like the core game

Yeah, they're both going to be really happy.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Yeah, they're both going to be really happy.

:lol:

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

Why the gently caress is Kinect Sports Rivals currently #3 on Amazon.com's Xbox One Games sales ranking? Amazon itself doesn't even carry the game anymore, it's just third-party suppliers :psyduck:

Maybe people are finally waking up and realizing the awesome power of the XBOAIOES

Abe Froman posted:

I made a mistake.

LOL have you even had it for a day?

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

univbee posted:

Why the gently caress is Kinect Sports Rivals currently #3 on Amazon.com's Xbox One Games sales ranking? Amazon itself doesn't even carry the game anymore, it's just third-party suppliers :psyduck:

Its #1 for me

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Holy poo poo it's moved up, it's almost overtaken Bayonetta 2. :eyepop:

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

univbee posted:

Because you could buy it for $11 and trade it back in for $16 in credit: http://slickdeals.net/f/7279048-kinect-sports-rivals-xbox-one-11-67-amazon

Literally only successful when you pay people to take it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Because you could buy it for $11 and trade it back in for $16 in credit: http://slickdeals.net/f/7279048-kinect-sports-rivals-xbox-one-11-67-amazon

Literally only successful when you pay people to take it.

:ms:

Also, goddamn, Bayonetta 2 is selling better than "$5 for free." :stare:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

univbee posted:

:ms:

Also, goddamn, Bayonetta 2 is selling better than "$5 for free." :stare:

To be fair, that's some effort to get $5 though!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

last page of that thread mentions $22 trade in at walmart which is probably more convenient for a lot of people + a bit more cash

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why would amazon do this (assuming its not a mistake?)

are they sitting on kinect sports mountain over there and figured loving over competition was two birds one stone?

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

It's 32.99 on Amazon from where I am sitting :shrug:

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Please let this turn into another thread of Dr. Faustus posting pictures of all of his lovely guitars that have a loving handle in the body.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it doesn't have to turn into a thread about it but i always like pics of his rad guitar collection please respect the handles how else are you supposed to hold the loving thing?

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
edit: nvrmind

matrix ripoff fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 23, 2014

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
this is totally the thread for that, ubergamer

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Has anyone else checked out Project Spark yet? I barely noticed that Microsoft released it quietly recently (probably due to their recent acquisition of Minecraft).

I played it a bit last night, it reminds me of the Warcraft 3 map editor but with less assets and (being a free title) overrun with micro transactions. The AI coding is pretty neat and there's some pretty decent games already been made, though most of them are remakes of other poo poo (e.g. LOTR and Legend of Zelda). Also everything looks like Fable.

Still, for a free title it's pretty fun to gently caress around with.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

it might have been a decent product if they didnt cut out 80% of their own market but it wouldnt be a microsoft product then

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Giant bombcast on

Fantasia - The tutorial took longer than the entire 1 hour quick look and made them lose their patience with the game

I think dude is too fat for kinect or something. If you watched the video his arms are blurry. When I played it there is a solid outline around my finely chiseled physique

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I think dude is too fat for kinect or something. If you watched the video his arms are blurry. When I played it there is a solid outline around my finely chiseled physique

Lol releasing a peripheral that doesn't work for fat people and only having the box it's attached to take off in America.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

DangerZoneDelux posted:

\

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Xposting from the COD thread because this is hilarious.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

univbee posted:

Sunset Overdrive xbox one bundle is also sold out!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Fanatic posted:

Has anyone else checked out Project Spark yet? I barely noticed that Microsoft released it quietly recently (probably due to their recent acquisition of Minecraft).

I played it a bit last night, it reminds me of the Warcraft 3 map editor but with less assets and (being a free title) overrun with micro transactions. The AI coding is pretty neat and there's some pretty decent games already been made, though most of them are remakes of other poo poo (e.g. LOTR and Legend of Zelda). Also everything looks like Fable.

Still, for a free title it's pretty fun to gently caress around with.

Yeah, there's surprisingly quite a lot there. It seems a lot like a 3D version of that Scratch programming tutorial, only with a lot more options and "koding" you can dig into.

I just wish they hadn't gummed it up with a bunch of stupid microtransactions.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

What does that say? "Last minute design changes the day after ____"?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Maybe they can fix "your mom" in a day one patch we shall see.

real answer: Looks like =suits and =map widescreen

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 23, 2014

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Was hoping for the word "xbone" to be there somewhere!

Fanatic posted:

Yeah I felt it really had potential as a WC3 map editor on steroids but Unfortunately the asset gating will probably hold this back. Also the combat/movement just doesn't really feel right to me. It will hopefully be one of those games that I check back on in 6 months time and it will have some awesome things to play! Used to love playing all the WC3/SC2 custom maps

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Finster Dexter posted:

Yeah, there's surprisingly quite a lot there. It seems a lot like a 3D version of that Scratch programming tutorial, only with a lot more options and "koding" you can dig into.

I just wish they hadn't gummed it up with a bunch of stupid microtransactions.
Yeah and it's especially annoying how, unlike other free games like Warframe and Halo: SA, some of the stuff on the marketplace doesn't give you the option to purchase using the ingame currency unless you buy premium.

Edit:

hanyolo posted:

Yeah I felt it really had potential as a WC3 map editor on steroids but Unfortunately the asset gating will probably hold this back. Also the combat/movement just doesn't really feel right to me. It will hopefully be one of those games that I check back on in 6 months time and it will have some awesome things to play! Used to love playing all the WC3/SC2 custom maps
Yeah I agree with that. The best games I've come across so far are two non-combat ones: Ultimate Frisbee and Pinball. Both were surprisingly good.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 23, 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

hanyolo posted:

So they learned from the "day one" debacle and only put together a handful of lovely consoles with lovely pack in titles this time.

They're turning this ship around!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

So they learned from the "day one" debacle and only put together a handful of lovely consoles with lovely pack in titles this time.

They're turning this ship around!

Bobtits, you own a ps4 but post around a hundred times more often in the xbox one thread. You're also an adult male that still watches copious amounts of WWE wrestling. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

drat that horde mode for titanfall looks awesome. i just watched the twitch thing and i really like all the new stuff that they've added :D

sucks that they didn't have that in at launch cause the game would have really benefited from it imo but at least this is a huge free update. i think its 50/50 between that and bayonetta 2 for goty tbh

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Organs posted:

drat that horde mode for titanfall looks awesome. i just watched the twitch thing and i really like all the new stuff that they've added :D

sucks that they didn't have that in at launch cause the game would have really benefited from it imo but at least this is a huge free update. i think its 50/50 between that and bayonetta 2 for goty tbh

I'm not that crazy about horde modes generally but I'll give it a go.

NBA live has popped up on EA access now, think that brings it to 7 games for 2.50 a month :woop:

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

a demo requiring a subscription service

pure genius ea!

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

hanyolo posted:

It's pretty weird. The bundle hasn't charted very well and now it's gone. It makes me wonder how many systems they actually ordered and if they're going to get more.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ghostwritingduck posted:

It's pretty weird. The bundle hasn't charted very well and now it's gone. It makes me wonder how many systems they actually ordered and if they're going to get more.

5 systems ah ah ahhhhhh

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

Bobtits, you own a ps4 but post around a hundred times more often in the xbox one thread. You're also an adult male that still watches copious amounts of WWE wrestling. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

I actually watch more indie wrestling than WWE these days, because wwe is essentially the xbox one of wrestling in terms of quality of product.

It is not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Bobtista posted:

I actually watch more indie wrestling than WWE these days, because wwe is essentially the xbox one of wrestling in terms of quality of product.

It is not good.

drat you owned the poo poo out of yourself with this one

• Locked thread