Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

It's pretty noticeable they needed to stick with the staggered content releases, and that trying to go back to a larger multi-tiered release wasn't something they were prepared for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Man I was really hoping for something cool with this xpacs CE, but a heroic character and a house and merc skin? That's $50? Ugh, guess its two standard editions then.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Heroic character is not bad, what did you get with CoTF just a house and some merc gear?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

darkhand posted:

Heroic character is not bad, what did you get with CoTF just a house and some merc gear?

I'm not sure what all was included with the CE for CotF, but if you were to just buy the standard edition and a heroic character it would only run you $75 vs the $90 of the CE. So basically an extra $15 for a new merc and a house.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
This expansion is ready for launch. Just kidding, the second raid of the five progression raids doesn't work. LOL!

Also, experience from anything before CotF is going to be severely nerfed for level 101 and greater. They want you to play in their lovely new expansions. https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/sense-heading-grinding-xp-in-the-darkened-sea.214449/

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Node posted:

This expansion is ready for launch. Just kidding, the second raid of the five progression raids doesn't work. LOL!

Also, experience from anything before CotF is going to be severely nerfed for level 101 and greater. They want you to play in their lovely new expansions. https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/sense-heading-grinding-xp-in-the-darkened-sea.214449/

The forums were blowing up today with the fact that "all raids are released all at once" and someone had the audacity to ask "so are we getting more content later because that won't last a full year" and someone jumped on his poo poo immediately with "IT GIVES THEM A FULL YEAR TO WORK ON THE NEXT EXPANSION WHICH WILL BE A GOOD ONE, GOD!"

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Node posted:

Bah that's such bullshit. Blizzard did the same in WoW back around the Wrath expansion, which pissed me off.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
So you can still max out to 105 on COTF HAs, you just have to shift from HA to HA.

Anyone know if a PoK stone is in the works for Argath?

Richard Cabeza fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 21, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keith Stone posted:

So you can still max out to 105 on COTF HAs, you just have to shift from HA to HA.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, I think anything pre-TDS will still have an XP hit for anyone over 101.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

The Rage posted:

Unless I'm reading it wrong, I think anything pre-TDS will still have an XP hit for anyone over 101.

The forums say pre-COTF.

Edit: quote is "Once you hit level 101, content released prior to Call of the Forsaken will grant less experience. "

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I also thought it was pre-TDS, that's kinda a relief if it's pre-CoTF, but not really exciting either way.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keith Stone posted:

The forums say pre-COTF.

Edit: quote is "Once you hit level 101, content released prior to Call of the Forsaken will grant less experience. "

Ah thank you, I think I got lost in all the people thinking it was pre-TDS and spaced the original post content.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Keith Stone posted:

The forums say pre-COTF.

I think it is everything pre-TDS. The cotf stored exp glyphs lose power at the same rate rof partisans do.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

darkhand posted:

I also thought it was pre-TDS, that's kinda a relief if it's pre-CoTF, but not really exciting either way.

Might as well be since they're giving HAs lockouts...nobody's gonna bother with CoTF after that really

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
/sigh

Each HA has its own 6 hour lockout....just switch from HA to HA and keep on grinding.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/sense-heading-grinding-xp-in-the-darkened-sea.214449/

quote:

As we move into The Darkened Sea, we've made a few changes to ensure that adventuring in the newest content will be the best way to gain experience to advance their characters in both levels and AA points. Playing in the newest content should always be the most attractive, and demolishing content from several expansions ago should not be the fastest way to advance your character.

Once you hit level 101, content released prior to Call of the Forsaken will grant less experience. This includes tasks, rewards, and farming NPCs. If you’re currently planning on banking rewards and tasks from pre-Call of the Forsaken content to help level through The Darkened Sea, you will likely find the rewards to be less-than-awesome once you ding 101. We encourage you to participate in the newest content, and find places in The Darkened Sea to adventure with your friends.

Each Heroic Adventure Will Have a 6-Hour Lock Out

Heroic Adventures are great because they offer scaling content to players of a variety of levels. This content has a long shelf life for players since it can be accessed by players of a wide range of levels.

It’s not really a fun experience to sit in one Heroic Adventure for hours and days at a time, grinding experience to advance a character. Adventure is all about going out into the world of Norrath and doing things! To address this, once The Darkened Sea launches we have placed a lock out of 6-hours on each Heroic Adventure. Our goal is to reward players that explore more of the content, without punishing the players that prefer running a few Heroic Adventures a day with their friends

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The HA lockout is kinda dumb, though I definitely have gotten sick of grinding the ideal HA for long periods of time. I guess being forced to mix it up a little more might not be the end of the world. The XP nerf, on the other hand, is just outright stupidity. It also adds to the feeling they're just wanting to make that grind to 105 lengthier to add some artificial depth to an expansion that is probably going to sorely need it.

The more I think about this, the worse it is. I don't think they realize how badly this will go over with the casual/slack/just plain bad players who spend the biggest part of their time slumming it in old content.

The337th fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 23, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

The337th posted:

The more I think about this, the worse it is. I don't think they realize how badly this will go over with the casual/slack/just plain bad players who spend the biggest part of their time slumming it in old content.

Once casuals run into the 8-10 million hp trash mobs, they'll really start raging. Then when midtier guilds run into FIVE ABSOR raids in a row and realize they won't be killing any raids in this expansion, they'll be a bit pissed.

Basically, everything about TDS is going to make people rightfully rage, and the lead up nerfs are just some extra bonus shittiness!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

jetz0r posted:

Once casuals run into the 8-10 million hp trash mobs, they'll really start raging. Then when midtier guilds run into FIVE ABSOR raids in a row and realize they won't be killing any raids in this expansion, they'll be a bit pissed.

Basically, everything about TDS is going to make people rightfully rage, and the lead up nerfs are just some extra bonus shittiness!

Hell, a significant portion of the family guild I'm in would probably just quit playing before they bother with difficult group content. When VoA was current there were so many that never went farther than Argath/Valley, and the majority kept to older content exclusively. I see a lot of players like this on Luclin, whether they're just super casual or just too bad to handle anything that isn't trivial. If you have a noticeable portion of your playerbase that will happily pay their monthly sub and buy an expansion just to level up doing old stuff, it's pretty stupid to risk losing any of them for the sake of a crappy roadblock for anyone using old content to speed to 105.

Those HA lockouts will also be pretty insufferable for people if there are named in them that are the only source of specific pieces of group gear, nevermind the prospect of farming a CoTF style rare with that lockout.

The337th fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 23, 2014

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Sounds like this expac will go over as well as Gates of Discord did

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

MF_James posted:

Sounds like this expac will go over as well as Gates of Discord did

Yeah, this is straight up GoDv2.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 23, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Basically. Although there isn't a World of Warcraft being released, and EQN (EQ2, for Gates) is still years off.

The amount of things to do in GoD puts TDS to shame.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

jetz0r posted:

Yeah, this straight up GoDv2.

Sounds p. cool maybe I should re-sub, though I know gently caress all about anything since DDoH.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Node posted:

Basically. Although there isn't a World of Warcraft being released,

There is a new WoW expansion coming out in 3 weeks

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

It's always seemed a little crazy to me how little they seem to give a poo poo about EQ1 development (at least since like, SoF? last xpac they really seemed to care imo) when it's always at least been a steady cash cow. So many of their other IPs (both native and purchased) have been abject money pits.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

The way it looks to me is that the Dev team is heavily segregated. So you have a dude making items who has no idea how the raids work. A dude making AAs that has no idea how our spells work, etc.

Whoever has been doing the quality of life stuff is great though, heroic characters, auto grants, tradeskill make-all button, bag one click selling are all great.

Our abilities are getting trashed or are stale, which is fine if the content can make up for it like RoF, but for now it doesn't.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

They had Lyndro I think his name was, commenting on why the lockouts were made, and the XP nerfs, and people were like "Wait, you're an EQ2 Dev, what the gently caress are you even doing here?" And he vanished

However they did confirm that those store XP things aren't nerfed, lots of people were freaked out about that. They still just decay past 101 because of XP requirements like one would expect.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

Yo Jetzor, I've finished with smithing/brewing/baking and should finish JC soon but forgot what you said to use this stuff for on pottery/fletching/tailoring. Went back through your posts like you said and only saw this

"Then single dream dust/cosgrove powder ornaments to 300." - Crosschecking eqtraders doesn't show anything that looks convenient to make but it's a lot of scrolling through 25 pages per ingredient so I could just be missing it completely.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Midnight City posted:

Yo Jetzor, I've finished with smithing/brewing/baking and should finish JC soon but forgot what you said to use this stuff for on pottery/fletching/tailoring. Went back through your posts like you said and only saw this

"Then single dream dust/cosgrove powder ornaments to 300." - Crosschecking eqtraders doesn't show anything that looks convenient to make but it's a lot of scrolling through 25 pages per ingredient so I could just be missing it completely.

Tailoring, use the fantasic pelts to make hilt wraps, then do glove templates. (You'll need to make some scissors for hilt wraps)
Fletching, tainted feathers + fractured shards.
Pottery, do Unfired Obsidian Scale Tonfa Ornament, it needs magic clay + dream dust. Which sucks, but pottery sucks.

Fletching and pottery have some good vendor combines first. Fletching has some bows that go to about 250, that you can throw directly on the ground since you're on test. Pottery has poison vials and I think something else.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

jetz0r posted:

Tailoring, use the fantasic pelts to make hilt wraps, then do glove templates. (You'll need to make some scissors for hilt wraps)
Fletching, tainted feathers + fractured shards.
Pottery, do Unfired Obsidian Scale Tonfa Ornament, it needs magic clay + dream dust. Which sucks, but pottery sucks.

Fletching and pottery have some good vendor combines first. Fletching has some bows that go to about 250, that you can throw directly on the ground since you're on test. Pottery has poison vials and I think something else.

Pottery you can do unfired star ruby encrusted steins, they're slightly expensive but entirely vendor bought. There's some sub combines and require an enchanter to make clay, but its what I did while watching a movie to max pottery.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Hoohah posted:

Pottery you can do unfired star ruby encrusted steins, they're slightly expensive but entirely vendor bought. There's some sub combines and require an enchanter to make clay, but its what I did while watching a movie to max pottery.

Enchanting clay + 2 subs vs enchanting clay + 1 sub. Price doesn't matter since he's on test and using copied materials. he has something like 3k dream dust to work with.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Chum Scandal posted:

It's always seemed a little crazy to me how little they seem to give a poo poo about EQ1 development (at least since like, SoF? last xpac they really seemed to care imo) when it's always at least been a steady cash cow. So many of their other IPs (both native and purchased) have been abject money pits.
I didn't return until right about SoF (2009), but I've personally felt that EQ1 has been cared about a lot in the many past years. So many quality of life improvements, client improvements, and bug fixes for both large and small things. I play differently though, almost always soloing, don't raid, and I'm a few expansions late to the new content. But for me, it feels nice... a stark contrast to the downright HORRIBLE way SoE treated players back in classic times. Their pathetic attempts at balancing, random nerfing, unimplemented content kept secret, and retarded communication to the community. Yeah alright, they are still halfway amateurs when you read some of the announcements on the official forums, but it's better than the old days.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
NDA's up, STRAT LEAKS STRAT LEAKS

(I'm not buying the expansion anyway but I at least want to know if I should go gently caress off for 6 months while it's finished). Or if there are any mobs that fear.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Stanos posted:

Or if there are any mobs that fear.

HEH HEH HEH.

I'm betting there aren't since sony has STILL not fixed that poo poo :psyduck:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Stanos posted:

NDA's up, STRAT LEAKS STRAT LEAKS

(I'm not buying the expansion anyway but I at least want to know if I should go gently caress off for 6 months while it's finished). Or if there are any mobs that fear.

Raid strats for test server: Wait a few months for FV testcopies to get into TDS gear, then grind yourselves against event 1.

I mean it's not impossible by any stretch, but it's somewhere around Rot's difficulty. Not a good thing for an event 1.
2, possibly 3 of the raids are broken and/or unbeatable on beta right now. In the first one-shot raid, the first wave is about as hard as 5-10 minutes of pre-nerf PoWar. Then there's 4 more waves that go up in difficulty.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

MrTheDevious posted:

HEH HEH HEH.

I'm betting there aren't since sony has STILL not fixed that poo poo :psyduck:

Gotta have something to do sometimes, even if it's just crashing zones for named. v:shobon:v

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Just tried to 3 box that Out With the Old Halloween quest and holy poo poo. That last wave wrecked my monsters. Any suggestions on how to stay alive/do more damage/not be terrible during that mission? Cause Rallos doesn't hit for poo poo and those skeletons overwhelmed Tunare and Erollsi

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Rage posted:

Just tried to 3 box that Out With the Old Halloween quest and holy poo poo. That last wave wrecked my monsters. Any suggestions on how to stay alive/do more damage/not be terrible during that mission? Cause Rallos doesn't hit for poo poo and those skeletons overwhelmed Tunare and Erollsi

Went back tonight with 4 people and two boxes, turns out on the last wave you can kite the green skeletons away and they don't come back, so we just melee'd the last boss till he died, took like 25 minutes of just punching him but we pulled it off. Got my ice skeleton illusion mask.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Can you pop mercs in the instance? There's a way to pay for them if they allow mercs.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Yeah I cheesed that awful Bristlebane anniversary monster mission using bayle marks, try that if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

You know I didn't even think to get Bayle marks for it, I just knew I had no cash at all and they expired when their timer ran out.