Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

PiedPiper posted:

Can earthbenders bend the Thing from Fantastic Four?

It depends on how willing they are to permanently take on the title of "Thingbender".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
the only problem with watching this show is they say bender a whole loving bunch and it kinda loses all meaning.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'm a bendbender I bend bends.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

use bloodbending to puppet four comatose benders of all kinds, become the freaky jackson five version of the avatar.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Motherfucker posted:

use bloodbending to puppet four comatose benders of all kinds, become the freaky jackson five version of the avatar.

What, like Pain from Naruto? :v: I can see that if Korra was a shonen manga series that had been running for like 300 chapters.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Now I'm just imagining a Youtube series called "Does It Bend?" :science:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spergatory posted:

Now I'm just imagining a Youtube series called "Does It Bend?" :science:

First episode: the iPhone 6+.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

What, like Pain from Naruto? :v: I can see that if Korra was a shonen manga series that had been running for like 300 chapters.

I don't watch naruto and therefore did not know this existed.

but you did.

good for you.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh cool, earth in bones.

Bonebending.

And of course with advanced waterbending...

Ehhhhh, never mind.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Crosspeice posted:

Oh cool, earth in bones.

Bonebending.

And of course with advanced waterbending...

Ehhhhh, never mind.

You were gonna say bonerbending, weren't you.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Beating people up with the Spirit Korra costume and the Shadow Fist item is pretty rad. Also bought the health regen item so everything is a breeze now (on Normal at least).

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

VanSandman posted:

You were gonna say bonerbending, weren't you.

I'm sure posting in and contributing to the Korra thread shows what maturity I have.

So yeah, probably.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

All the older Water Tribe guys come to Katara on full moons for help with their ED. No wonder the tribe seems to have grown in size so quickly.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Who bends the benders?

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

PiedPiper posted:

Who bends the benders?

Lion Turtles?

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
According to IMDB episode 5 is called A New Threat. Maybe related to Varrick's spirit vine shenanigans? I really hope they aren't introducing a new villain.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sato posted:

According to IMDB episode 5 is called A New Threat. Maybe related to Varrick's spirit vine shenanigans? I really hope they aren't introducing a new villain.

Kuvira will, in all likelihood, not be the final villain of Korra. If they're ending the series I would imagine it'll be something more cosmic or world ending in scale.

Hauldren Collider
Dec 31, 2012
Spirit nukes unleash an eldritch monster of untold power and destruction, and ONLY THE AVATAR, with the power of all four elements, can stop it and restore balance to the world

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Kuvira will, in all likelihood, not be the final villain of Korra. If they're ending the series I would imagine it'll be something more cosmic or world ending in scale.

I've seen speculation on Tumblr that Varrick will be trying to use his spirit vine sample to activate the spirit vines in Republic City. If Kuvira is trying to take over the United Republic, using the vines as her weapon could be the threat. I don't necessarily think there needs to be an epic cosmic big bad for the final season: we got that in book 2 and any more will be repetitive. Kuvira's been set up explicitly as a challenge to Korra personally, and since this season has been about Korra overcoming her doubts I don't see how adding another overarching villain will add to the show in any way. Besides, who could it be without coming completely out of nowhere?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sato posted:

I've seen speculation on Tumblr that Varrick will be trying to use his spirit vine sample to activate the spirit vines in Republic City. If Kuvira is trying to take over the United Republic, using the vines as her weapon could be the threat. I don't necessarily think there needs to be an epic cosmic big bad for the final season: we got that in book 2 and any more will be repetitive. Kuvira's been set up explicitly as a challenge to Korra personally, and since this season has been about Korra overcoming her doubts I don't see how adding another overarching villain will add to the show in any way. Besides, who could it be without coming completely out of nowhere?

Varrick possessed by a spirit/hopped up on spiritual energy after messing with forces far beyond his control?

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Varrick possessed by a spirit/hopped up on spiritual energy after messing with forces far beyond his control?

Could happen, but if it did it would be an even lamer version of Unalaq--at least he had Vaatu, the yang to the Avatar Spirit's yin, possessing him. Really, the only other villain I would have any desire to see besides Kuvira would be Koh, and Koh doesn't seem the possessing type.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
We don't have to spoiler-block speculation.

And yeah, if anyone's gonna get evil-spirited, it'll probably be Kuvira. And then, since this season is has gone full-blown Square*Enix about things, they'll get to recreate the climax of Parasite Eve.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Spirits can't possess people for anything longer than a few seconds without killing them.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

But they can merge with people or steal their physical attributes permanently. And people can apparently become spirits if they drink enough tea.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rosalind posted:

But they can merge with people or steal their physical attributes permanently. And people can apparently become spirits if they drink enough tea.

In the case of Iroh and the boss from the game it seems to more be a case of 'they meditated and never went back to their body.'

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

ImpAtom posted:

In the case of Iroh and the boss from the game it seems to more be a case of 'they meditated and never went back to their body.'
Hey, thanks for the unlabeled game spoilers in the middle of TV speculation! :thumbsup:

why the gently caress do I even read this thread anymore, jesus christ you are all the worst

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In his defense, the game's plot is like, nothing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AmiYumi posted:

Hey, thanks for the unlabeled game spoilers in the middle of TV speculation! :thumbsup:

why the gently caress do I even read this thread anymore, jesus christ you are all the worst

I put it in spoiler tags. It was either a spoiler for an upcoming episode or for the game. In either case, unless you wanted to be spoiled, why did you click on the spoiler tag?

If I had gone "spoiler for the game" then it still would have spoiled it in context. I specifically didn't mention game spoilers for that reason, although I guess it's too late now.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

AmiYumi posted:

Snape kills Dumbledore.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

computer parts posted:

Snape kills Dumbledore.

:aaa:

Yeah, story is a bit poo poo. We only have this game because Platinum liked the show. Fine by me.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

ImpAtom posted:

I put it in spoiler tags. It was either a spoiler for an upcoming episode or for the game. In either case, unless you wanted to be spoiled, why did you click on the spoiler tag?
Don't be dense. The discussion you were replying to was speculating about upcoming episodes, which obviously no one has seen.

Was it a big deal? No, it's a loving video game. Was it a dick move? Absolutely.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
I've never understood why people get so mad about spoilers. Especially when people enjoy things more when they've been spoiled.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AmiYumi posted:

Don't be dense. The discussion you were replying to was speculating about upcoming episodes, which obviously no one has seen.

Was it a big deal? No, it's a loving video game. Was it a dick move? Absolutely.

It was in a spoiler tag! What the hell did you expect clicking on it but a spoiler? Like, I'm honestly kind of confused what you wanted unless you're specifically upset that you got spoiled on the game when you expected to get spoiled on an upcoming episode. :psyduck:

TheModernAmerican posted:

I've never understood why people get so mad about spoilers. Especially when people enjoy things more when they've been spoiled.

That isn't true. It's a frequent misunderstanding of that study.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

ImpAtom posted:

That isn't true. It's a frequent misunderstanding of that study.

Is it? Well shows me right for only looking at the chart.

Still, chill the gently caress out about spoilers, especially when it was hardly crucial to the actual plot of a thing that hardly has a plot and is like, 3 hours long.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

AmiYumi posted:

Dude clean out your diaper it's a spoiler for the plot of a 3D brawler based on a show aimed at 11 year olds

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Anyone having trouble with the game like I did, buy the health recharge talisman as soon as possible. The game becomes 1/5th as hard it used to be when your health auto-refills over time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope Mako shoots lightning more often this season once they get to the fights. I literally forgot that he could do that the whole season because he made no use of it except once and it totally worked then.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

RareAcumen posted:

I hope Mako shoots lightning more often this season once they get to the fights. I literally forgot that he could do that the whole season because he made no use of it except once and it totally worked then.

Supposedly shooting lightning (especially high power lightning) is really taxing on the body and chi.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

Supposedly shooting lightning (especially high power lightning) is really taxing on the body and chi.

He did it a lot during season 1 though. He was probably overwhelmed by Ming Hua and Ghazan during their fights and was concerned about just getting out--he probably forgot about it too until he was in the cavern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

Can't be that taxing considering they use it for electricity.

• Locked thread