Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

ghostwritingduck posted:

It's pretty weird. The bundle hasn't charted very well and now it's gone. It makes me wonder how many systems they actually ordered and if they're going to get more.

Maybe they suddenly lost confidence and are now renaming the game to Sunset Over.

I kid, but I am reminded of that Shadow of Mordor kerfuffle with its draconian Youtube conditions that showed a strong lack of confidence in its product.

Also, what's up with all the grinding in Sunset Overdrive? Does it think it's a Korean MMORPG? :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

echronorian posted:

drat you owned the poo poo out of yourself with this one

Hahahha "indie wrestling"

eigh le'mau, bro.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

I actually watch more indie wrestling than WWE these days, because wwe is essentially the xbox one of wrestling in terms of quality of product.

It is not good.

I didn't even know there was indie wrestling. Is that like a bunch of vegan moustachioed hipsters rolling around on the floor together in too-tight jeans to the latest Strokes album?

The fact you're a fan of indies certainly explains your console of choice, but it doesn't explain why you can't convince yourself to post in the PS4 thread.

Can you smell what the indie rock is cooooooooooooooookin' it's kale

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
If indie wrestling is a bunch of hipsters and goths smugly frowning and then halfheartedly slap fighting I'd watch it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

If indie wrestling is a bunch of hipsters and goths smugly frowning and then halfheartedly slap fighting I'd watch it.

That's backyard wrestling which is also like an xbox one because lots of people like to point and laugh at how lovely it is.

Sorry though for not being more ashamed of my childish hobbies please tell me more about how lovely and/or gay wrestling is in this thread about a bad toy.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

That's backyard wrestling which is also like an xbox one because lots of people like to point and laugh at how lovely it is.

Sorry though for not being more ashamed of my childish hobbies please tell me more about how lovely and/or gay wrestling is in this thread about a bad toy.

It's really loving embarrassing dude, you know wrestling isn't real don't you?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

It's really loving embarrassing dude, you know wrestling isn't real don't you?

Oh no :blush:

I feel like I just bought an xbox one day one edition. (which you can still do almost a year after launch because nobody wants them as they are bad)

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Bobtista posted:

Oh no :blush:

I feel like I just bought an xbox one day one edition. (which you can still do almost a year after launch because nobody wants them as they are bad)

Dude no. Xbox is just playing like its losing and then it's gonna come out and crush ps4 outta flippin nowhere. Just like in pro wrestling.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Has the xbone managed to outsell the WiiU yet?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

echronorian posted:

Dude no. Xbox is just playing like its losing and then it's gonna come out and crush ps4 outta flippin nowhere. Just like in pro wrestling.

Whatcha gonna do when bonermania runs wild on you.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

CheeseFactory posted:

Has the xbone managed to outsell the WiiU yet?

I'm expecting this event to occur between the time driveclub stops enforcing it's one in one out multiplayer policy, and the time the ps4 gets its first good non indie game

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

I'm expecting this event to occur between the time driveclub stops enforcing it's one in one out multiplayer policy, and the time the ps4 gets its first good non indie game

So, Bloodborne in Feb? Assuming you mean PS4 exclusive, and not, like, all the non-exclusive good multi-platform games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ghostwritingduck posted:

It's pretty weird. The bundle hasn't charted very well and now it's gone. It makes me wonder how many systems they actually ordered and if they're going to get more.

This is Sunset Overdrive's biggest problem and completely aside from its qualities as a game. I did my expertly-honed time-wasting and Sunset Overdrive is currently #36 on Amazon.com (the highest it's been) and is being outsold by most current-gen pre-orders releasing in the next four months (although it's selling better than PES 2015 for the time being). Shadow of Mordor on PS4 was rank #6 or #5 for a full 10 days prior to release, and the Xbone version wasn't far behind and spent most of that time in the top 10 (or like #11). And this is with three different editions of that game competing (5 if you count the releasing-later last gen versions). SO might sell better than Forza Horizon 2, though, which peaked at #16 on release day.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

univbee posted:

This is Sunset Overdrive's biggest problem and completely aside from its qualities as a game. I did my expertly-honed time-wasting and Sunset Overdrive is currently #36 on Amazon.com (the highest it's been) and is being outsold by most current-gen pre-orders releasing in the next four months (although it's selling better than PES 2015 for the time being). Shadow of Mordor on PS4 was rank #6 or #5 for a full 10 days prior to release, and the Xbone version wasn't far behind and spent most of that time in the top 10 (or like #11). And this is with three different editions of that game competing (5 if you count the releasing-later last gen versions). SO might sell better than Forza Horizon 2, though, which peaked at #16 on release day.

You should start a new thread called 'univbees wasted life as an amazon chart tracker' and put all this boring poo poo in there

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Guys don't bring up fud. The Xbone is about feelings and belief, not the realization that a multiplat is more popular than Sunset Overdrive will ever be. :(

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Crabtree posted:

Guys don't bring up fud. The Xbone is about feelings and belief, not the realization that a multiplat is more popular than Sunset Overdrive will ever be. :(

No one cares about how popular a game is on amazons sales chart except univbee and you. That's why ya'll should start an amazon sales chart thread, there must be others you can hook up with during PSN downtime

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crabtree posted:

The xbone is good, the xbone is great, we surrender our will as of this date

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bobtista posted:

The xbone is good, the xbone is great, we surrender our will as of this date

Wow. I'm surprised Xbone owners are dying testate.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

Indie wrestlin' is good, Indie wrestlin' is great, we surrender our will as of this date

choke slam

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Wrestling is cool.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

choke slam

It's ok I'll kick out just before the 3 (One) count and you can look exasperated at the ref and the announcers will say I CANT BELIEVE THE AMMOUNT OF RAM IN THE XBOX ONE, JUST WHAT WILL CRAFTY HAVE TO POST TO PUT THIS GUY AWAY

We'll work out the real finish later ok

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

univbee posted:

So it will be lucky if SO breaks 400k.

They'll break Fuse's numbers, so good for them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just figured it out, you hit me with your finisher "the kinect" (you flail your hands wildly while screaming *opponents name* turn off! In a high pitched voice). I will sell the poo poo out of it, make you look like $100 million dollars (wasted on a garbage controller lol)

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

So it will be lucky if SO breaks 400k.

They'll break Fuse's numbers, so good for them.

I saw an advert for SO at the cinema when i went to see gone girl. I gave it a standing ovation

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Crafty posted:

I saw an advert for SO at the cinema when i went to see gone girl. I gave it a standing ovation

You stood up by yourself and cheered for a video game ad before a movie?

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

if you were a real gamer you'd do the same

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

TheHoosier posted:

You stood up by yourself and cheered for a video game ad before a movie?

of course

Bobtista posted:

I just figured it out, you hit me with your finisher "the kinect" (you flail your hands wildly while screaming *opponents name* turn off! In a high pitched voice). I will sell the poo poo out of it, make you look like $100 million dollars (wasted on a garbage controller lol)

and here was me thinking stux was the least funny person ITT

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Crafty posted:

of course

That's cool. How was the movie?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

TheHoosier posted:

That's cool. How was the movie?

I will be pretty honest with you and say it was actually quite good, i do like Fincher. I don't want to spoil anything but i'd recommend you watch it, I don't think you'll be disappointed

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Crafty posted:

I will be pretty honest with you and say it was actually quite good, i do like Fincher. I don't want to spoil anything but i'd recommend you watch it, I don't think you'll be disappointed

I'm glad our contentious relationship based on our consumer electronics purchasing decisions still allowed us some common ground. Seems like a good flick so i'll give it a whirl.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
The movie is about ethics in games journalism btw.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Captain Internet posted:

The movie is about ethics in games journalism btw.

Oh cool, should be really short, then.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

TheHoosier posted:

I'm glad our contentious relationship based on our consumer electronics purchasing decisions still allowed us some common ground. Seems like a good flick so i'll give it a whirl.

Peace In Our Time

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I downloaded Alien: Isolation but I haven't played it yet. Not enough handles.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Dr. Faustus posted:

I downloaded Alien: Isolation but I haven't played it yet. Not enough handles.

I will buy that game when it's cheaper. Apparently the legend of Korra game from platinum is a bit lovely.

If you're in the dashboard preview you can now import custom images for your backgrounds.

Some of the geeks at neogaf have come up with a few classy ensembles

Not bad, though personally I'll be going with screenshots of stux posts

And major Nelson, helpful as always, created a guide http://majornelson.com/2014/10/22/heres-make-xbox-one-background/

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Those remind me of the X-Box 360 for some reason, cool to see that they're trying to hark back to a console that was actually fun and had fun games.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

1 friend online. All in one.

So many ads on that dashboard.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Bobtista posted:

So many ads on that dashboard.
Yes, that single ad for Sunset Overdrive is filling me with RAGE!!!!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

VincesUndies posted:

Yes, that single ad for Sunset Overdrive is filling me with RAGE!!!!

And gold, and "new features" (is one of them "xbox one is now not a piece of poo poo"? If so then disregard complaint because that would be useful information)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bobtista posted:

And gold, and "new features" (is one of them "xbox one is now not a piece of poo poo"? If so then disregard complaint because that would be useful information)

The gold section is where you go if you have gold to get your free games or buy the discounted gold items. So I would say for most people that is not an ad. It is really handy to have it there to check out what is on sale that week, etc.

The "new features" tells you about what new things your xbox can do as a result of the latest patch. Again, not an ad.

• Locked thread