Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is it true Smash runs at 1080p and 60fps? I've seen that stated places but I feel like there's no way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

axleblaze posted:

Yeah, as I said, I've played the original, I just haven't played it in a long time and have been wanting to replay it and playing the sequel first might make me less likely to ever do that. Plus the costumes should be fun.

And I definitely am not replaying it for the story seeing as I thought the story in the original was horrid.

By the way, while the game runs better than the PS3 version, somehow it apparently still runs worse than the 360 version.

That's not actually true.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

greatn posted:

Is it true Smash runs at 1080p and 60fps? I've seen that stated places but I feel like there's no way.

That's what Sakurai said in the video.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Smash Bros runs at 1080p and 60FPS!*

* In the menus and loading screens

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Strange Quark posted:

That's not actually true.

I've seen comparison video where it really does seem to be true :confused:

Excelsior
Apr 30, 2003

Macaluso posted:

You should play DKCR first so you have context for a joke in one of the last levels :colbert:

Whoa are you talking about a joke in Bayo2? If so that's awesome... I literally just beat DKCR last weekend but no I'm not TOUCHING mirror mode, I just don't have the time!!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Excelsior posted:

Whoa are you talking about a joke in Bayo2? If so that's awesome... I literally just beat DKCR last weekend but no I'm not TOUCHING mirror mode, I just don't have the time!!

I think he might've been talking to me since I had mentioned Tropical Freeze.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I never finished Bayonetta 1 (they announced they were including an upgraded version while I was in the middle of it!) so I'm doing the whole saga.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

axleblaze posted:

I've seen comparison video where it really does seem to be true :confused:

I think I know the one you're talking about and it's actually a product of the comparison video being made in Japan, where the Wii U remake was available - Japanese televisions process colors slightly differently than ours or something, so the comparison shot makes the picture come out all muddy.

The differences between the original and the remake are functionally nil, except that the remake has less screen tear.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Thanks mailman!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't believe there are still gamers out there who don't know that the Wii U is worth buying.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Teenage Fansub posted:

Thanks mailman!

Both discs come in separate cases? Why?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Soul Glo posted:

Both discs come in separate cases? Why?

It's a special edition in the EU region.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

When does the e-shop update?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Bayo 2 should be up right now for NA.

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer

Artix posted:

Bayo 2 should be up right now for NA.

It is and they're both downloading. SO HYPED.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

mabels big day posted:

I can't believe there are still gamers out there who don't know that the Wii U is worth buying.

I can't believe that people in general think that the Wii U isn't worth it and in the same thought say that the PS4 or Xbone is. The PS4 might be around February, but right now a good PC and Wii U is where it's at.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's a good time to be a Gamer.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Goodbye Wii Fit U and Hyrule Historia Digital Edition, you were in the way of me getting my Bayo2 on.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Goodbye Wii Fit U and Hyrule Historia Digital Edition, you were in the way of me getting my Bayo2 on.

Bayonetta will be sexy enough for both of you.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
The discount for Bayo 1 after buying Bayo 2 doesn't seem to be up yet.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Look, if you enjoy things that will make you hate poo poo, play Kid Icarus and then Bayonetta back to back. I'll be over here with ten whole additional dollars.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

Look, if you enjoy things that will make you hate poo poo, play Kid Icarus and then Bayonetta back to back. I'll be over here with ten whole additional dollars.

Could you keep your shitposting to like the retro games thread or something.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

noirstronaut posted:

what does this even mean

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it means he has poo poo taste in video games i think

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
I think he's whining about being bad at video games actually.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Kewpuh posted:

what does this even mean

I think it means that if you play games as good as those, you'll hate bad ones because of how much worse they are. I'm inclined to agree.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

holy poo poo

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Look at all these good games being hated on by a busta.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Spite posted:

The discount for Bayo 1 after buying Bayo 2 doesn't seem to be up yet.

It is in Europe, it was up the second I started downloading 2.
Note that the eShop specifically mentions downloading both on the same wiiu, so it might not apply to the physical game?

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
All that stands between me and Bayonetta 2 is a long day of work. Then nothin' but chillin' with my gal pal Bayonetta all through the weekend.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

agreed

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That's what Sakurai said in the video.

That wasn't Sakurai, it was Xander Mobus!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

See I can understand people being huge tight arse in their stupid children's hobby and I can understand people not liking those two games, but making a big thing out of $10 just doesn't seem that impressive.

That's like an hour of work. Maybe if it was a bigger number it would be a more impressive counterpoint?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Well I think I just got sold on a Wii u. Bayonetta 1 and 2 ( never got to play them but im a platinum fan ), Smash ( SYSTEM SELLER HYPE LEVELS EXCEEDED ), and honestly an HD remake of Wind Waker are 3 things i cant go without. Thats kinda the milestone i rate a system by. If it has 3 things i absolutely want, its worth getting.

I just have one question. How necessary is it to hook up the Wii U to a bigger screen? Does it function out of the box with the gamepad screen?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Talkc posted:

Well I think I just got sold on a Wii u. Bayonetta 1 and 2 ( never got to play them but im a platinum fan ), Smash ( SYSTEM SELLER HYPE LEVELS EXCEEDED ), and honestly an HD remake of Wind Waker are 3 things i cant go without. Thats kinda the milestone i rate a system by. If it has 3 things i absolutely want, its worth getting.

I just have one question. How necessary is it to hook up the Wii U to a bigger screen? Does it function out of the box with the gamepad screen?

Not all games mirror the top screen to the gamepad.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think you need it hooked up to a TV to set it up, and you definitely need a TV to use Wii mode if they haven't changed that in a recent update, but other than that, no.

I recently did an international move and our furniture hasn't arrived, so i've been using my Wii U as a defacto internet and gaming machine. It's plugged into a power socket and nothing else in one of the rooms we're temporarily renting for the next week or two for reasons, and I can use it just fine.

The games do look FAR better with a screen, and pretty amazing with a decent sized HD screen, to be honest.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Gotcha. Welp, Looks like Ps4 is getting kicked off its permanent residency with my monitor.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Mr E posted:

Could you keep your shitposting to like the retro games thread or something.

I haven't posted in the retro games thread since I bought a cabinet, but I'm glad you remember me posting about that a month ago.

Crawfish posted:

See I can understand people being huge tight arse in their stupid children's hobby and I can understand people not liking those two games, but making a big thing out of $10 just doesn't seem that impressive.

That's like an hour of work. Maybe if it was a bigger number it would be a more impressive counterpoint?

It's not a big deal. I genuinely think those two games are poo poo and Bayonetta is only worth $10 in my eyes. Hell, if someone offered me $5 and a McChicken for the game, I'd give it to them with no hesitation.

Sorry you guys love this game and I don't. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't really care about Bayonetta either though, so that's not really the reason people are saying these sorts of thing to you.

• Locked thread