Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Anyone else use a Type II phaser? The blue mission-reward version. For the past few days, switching to it has only given me unarmed attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

this game is Korean all right, North Korean

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Dely Apple posted:

this game is Korean all right, North Korean

RIP STO.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Logged in for the dil weekend on all my alts, started one assignment on one character...... and then thought gently caress it why am i doing this?

And logged out again. :( :emo:

Will log in for the free ship at xmas i guess.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

Edit: It can always be worse. This could be Neverwinter. Who makes that again?
Assuming this isn't a joke, PWE/Cryptic :v:

Which I guess should have been a big warning sign. I just figured that NWO was a crappy asian MMO style experiment and not successful enough to back port all that bullshit to their flagship game. But I guess fleecing idiot whales is moire profitable than making a good game.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Asimo posted:

Assuming this isn't a joke, PWE/Cryptic :v:

Which I guess should have been a big warning sign. I just figured that NWO was a crappy asian MMO style experiment and not successful enough to back port all that bullshit to their flagship game. But I guess fleecing idiot whales is moire profitable than making a good game.

Last night I pugged an advanced ISE and after 15 minutes, we failed the mission. So fifteen minutes earned me 10 Omega marks. :bang:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Don't pug. Pubbies can't handle the current HP of advanced queues.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Technical Analysis posted:

Don't pug. Pubbies can't handle the current HP of advanced queues.

It's a lot better after yesterday's patch (CCA is actually beatable now) but due to the non-optional optionals and the bloated enemy HP you still need like 10k dps on everyone for most queues and good luck with that in a pug.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
The Tau Dewa alert mission is currently doing this thing where you now have five minutes less to complete the objectives, everything has more HP and spawns in this ginormous fuckoff clump.

So.

Fun.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Come play Elite with me, guys!

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Der Waffle Mous posted:

The Tau Dewa alert mission is currently doing this thing where you now have five minutes less to complete the objectives, everything has more HP and spawns in this ginormous fuckoff clump.

So.

Fun.

STO's Most Successful Update Ever™

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

So what is the best way to level now? Running arugula 50 times on normal? Spending 100 bucks for a spec point?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Has anyone noticed the dil rewards has been lack luster since the last one? Or is that just my experience

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Axe-man posted:

Has anyone noticed the dil rewards has been lack luster since the last one? Or is that just my experience

They've been nerfed.

Normal STF: 240
Advanced: 480
Elite: 960

Berke Negri posted:

So what is the best way to level now? Running arugula 50 times on normal? Spending 100 bucks for a spec point?

Wait until winter or until they decide to patch some actual content in.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

Spending money won't actually help - those zen things are XP boosts, not pure XP. To get the 1000 XP from the $2 zen store boost, you have to earn 10,000 XP in game somehow. Just don't try running patrol missions, since that's evidently exploiting and they'll just take your spec points away from you.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

g0del posted:

Spending money won't actually help - those zen things are XP boosts, not pure XP. To get the 1000 XP from the $2 zen store boost, you have to earn 10,000 XP in game somehow. Just don't try running patrol missions, since that's evidently exploiting and they'll just take your spec points away from you.

It's a complete coincidence that the two quests per level get you about halfway to the next level. :munch:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Berke Negri posted:

Doffing, which is pretty goddamn sad.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone please invite T'Troika@-Troika- to the channel?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

-Troika- posted:

Can someone please invite T'Troika@-Troika- to the channel?

Only 492 words to go!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mondian posted:

Only 492 words to go!

I'm not typing 500 words of anything. Save it for the pubbies. :rolleye:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It also hasn't really been explained why I should care about writing 500 words of anything, or what my supposed 'crime' even is, other than staying logged into the game for an hour while eating dinner.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

-Troika- posted:

It also hasn't really been explained why I should care about writing 500 words of anything, or what my supposed 'crime' even is, other than staying logged into the game for an hour while eating dinner.
Clearly the crime is your inability to mutate into a photosynthetic organism that requires no dinner so that you can cater to their every whim.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Lorak posted:

Clearly the crime is your inability to mutate into a photosynthetic organism that requires no dinner so that you can cater to their every whim.

Boom, there's your thesis statement right there.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

The outrage over something so trivial as not being able to customize their Mr. Potato head boff on the forums kind of makes me want Cryptic to just kill this game out of spite.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

The outrage at drat near everything the devs have done since this expansion has dropped makes me feel like I don't have to do a thing this season. The devs are doing all the trolling for me.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

-Troika- posted:

You were kind of being a dick to goons in the channel (You were rude to me while you were trying to buy something and I offered to sell the same item super cheap because your a goon). Not much else to say.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

The outrage over something so trivial as not being able to customize their Mr. Potato head boff on the forums kind of makes me want Cryptic to just kill this game out of spite.
Well, they're fixing the sontaran boff, but only new ones. Anyone who already has him will continue to be able to dress him up and make his arms disappear.

Also, a dev finally responded to the XP nerf. It's intentional. And for some strange reason it was put in place on holodeck first, so tribble still has the old XP values for elite difficulty. They're going to fix tribble soon to match holodeck. You might wonder why they even have a test server if they're going to make major changes to production, then backport the changes to their test server later, but that's why you don't work at :cryptic:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Da Mott Man posted:

You were kind of being a dick to goons in the channel (You were rude to me while you were trying to buy something and I offered to sell the same item super cheap because your a goon). Not much else to say.

Uh no I wasn't? I havn't done much in the channel in months other than x for STFs or make STFs for other people to x for.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Technical Analysis posted:

The outrage at drat near everything the devs have done since this expansion has dropped makes me feel like I don't have to do a thing this season. The devs are doing all the trolling for me.

In other news, you now only get one nerve tonic through playthrough of Night of The Comet.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Uh no I wasn't? I havn't done much in the channel in months other than x for STFs or make STFs for other people to x for.

Just chill man. Someone will invite you back in later and it can all be forgotten.

Anyways, yeah, this expansion has me feeling like there's a lot of nothing to do. Cryptic's own comedy actions have the pubs frothing way more than we could hope to make them without :effort:. As to the game itself, I can't be much bothered grinding the new elites just due to the tedium they now involve since it's the same unchallenging lameness if you know what to do but with giant HP sponges. I'll probably spend most of it getting some daily boxes and the rest just finding out where all the horrible pubs crawled off to since I miss my usual torture dolls.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Berke Negri posted:

I just want to understand their logic honestly. Outrage it's a pretty strong conclusion from the word "befuddled".

andurilprime
Nov 4, 2009

Tunicate posted:

In other news, you now only get one nerve tonic through playthrough of Night of The Comet.

On the other hand, it's currently broken that you can claim multiple Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Assault Rifles. Which still say "max of one per character". Currently have three, working on the fourth. Gonna give them to my boffs, renaming them to Peter, Winston, Ray, and Egon.

AcidCouch
Aug 2, 2012

-Troika- posted:

I'm not typing 500 words of anything. Save it for the pubbies. :rolleye:

Ah Troika, by my count you only had 3 days left of your suspension. However, recent requests for a tribunal on the matter have wrenched the matter from my hands. Your initial infraction of STF Draft dodging was a minor offense but the escalation of actions on your part have brought the attention of high ranking goons. You stand accused of insubordination, draft dodging, refusing corrective actions, harassment of a fellow goon, being and/or sympathetic with a furry, gaining access to the fleet before your suspension was served, and the use of Goonfleet like we actually give a drat. Now some of these charges have not been substantiated and therefore the burden of proof will indeed come into play at your formal arraignment. This will take place at 12am EST at the NOP Starbase Tactical Deck tonight.

Now to address your personal insults upon my character, I forgive you. However, many of your fellow goons would appreciate an apology, and no apology is ever sufficient in fewer than five-hundred words.

Love Acid,
Ps I'll most likely kick you in the morning

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

andurilprime posted:

On the other hand, it's currently broken that you can claim multiple Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Assault Rifles. Which still say "max of one per character". Currently have three, working on the fourth. Gonna give them to my boffs, renaming them to Peter, Winston, Ray, and Egon.

Welp, know what I'm doing tomorrow morning.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You won't trap me in cover shields that easily :colbert:

AcidCouch
Aug 2, 2012

-Troika- posted:

You won't trap me in cover shields that easily :colbert:

Not much of an apology to those goons you have slighted, but only 491 words to go. Hint if you make it "will not" you would only need 490 more, just sayin.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
Hey guys, could I get an invite. I just started with a Starfleet character. Bad Reception@eyota2

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I do wonder what level progression is for players just starting. If I remember I hit 50 back in the summer halfway through the Cardassian arc and there's like 30+ missions after that.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Ms Andry posted:

Hey guys, could I get an invite. I just started with a Starfleet character. Bad Reception@eyota2

negative post count and a '14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Berke Negri posted:

I do wonder what level progression is for players just starting. If I remember I hit 50 back in the summer halfway through the Cardassian arc and there's like 30+ missions after that.

1-50 still seems super fast, if its any consolation.

though that might be through the lense of knowing that the trick is story missions and doff assignments.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 25, 2014

• Locked thread