Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

HyperPuma posted:

crafty has that role pretty well covered

just noticed this on my facebook this morning, guess he didn't like waiting in line.

Another happy customer :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Saladman posted:

It's kind of funny that everyone is parading Microsoft's doom (despite the Xbone selling pretty decently and the company being incredibly profitable). If Microsoft stopped making Bones, Sony would do everything in its power to absolutely gently caress its customers with DRM and no-secondhand sales and all of the other terrible "features" that MS touted at E3 2013 for the Bone announcement.

Console competition is a good thing, and the Ouya (lol), Steambox, and Wii U are not competing devices. If there was something competing against the Wii U, maybe Nintendo would have actually enabled online support and not the world's worst online marketplace and onerous digital purchase restrictions. I would have bought a Wii U except that it is still region locked for some reason even in this date and age.

E: I don't know the numbers for past launches, but looking at that Ars article, I'm guessing ~6.5 to 7.5 million sales in 10 months compares pretty well to any other console launch. It also looks like it's already pretty much tied with the Wii U in terms of sales, not that this comparison makes any more sense than comparing PS4 sales to iPad Air sales does.

There is more than enough competition in the form of PC games, handhelds, phones and every other device there are games on. Competition doesn't have to mean literally exact 1-to-1 device similarity at all, much like how the expansion of smart phones and tablets are competing against traditional computing devices despite being quite different.

Its almost like none of you remember the PS2 as well when saying a well performing similar device is necessary for a health market.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

There is more than enough competition in the form of PC games, handhelds, phones and every other device there are games on. Competition doesn't have to mean literally exact 1-to-1 device similarity at all, much like how the expansion of smart phones and tablets are competing against traditional computing devices despite being quite different.

Its almost like none of you remember the PS2 as well when saying a well performing similar device is necessary for a health market.

You're right but I will still feel a little sad when sony inevitably go belly up.

It's nice to have a few consoles to choose from, I think three is a good number.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Crafty posted:

just noticed this on my facebook this morning, guess he didn't like waiting in line.

I know resolution doesn't matter but jesus christ

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I know resolution doesn't matter but jesus christ

Needs more AA

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Crafty posted:

I don't get it.

Someone is selling a PS4 on Facebook. The hilarity.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

You're right but I will still feel a little sad when sony inevitably go belly up.

It's nice to have a few consoles to choose from, I think three is a good number.

You know that even if every other arm of sony were to collapse, they'd just consolidate down to just playstation right?

I agree that three is a good number, you don't need anything other than the ps4 really.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

spudsbuckley posted:

I don't get it.

Someone is selling a PS4 on Facebook. The hilarity.

He bought a playstation 4 console with driveclub, which was released less than two weeks ago here. He played it a few times and was so disappointed that he immediately put it all back in the box and tried to pretend it's new.

What a Facebook post to go out on.

:laugh:

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Is this emoticon from an upcoming Xbone game?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Gee, I sure do like playing video games. :)

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

SBJ posted:

Is this emoticon from an upcoming Xbone game?

Its so beautiful http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/10/25/sunset-overdrive-white-xbox-one-unboxing

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

muddream posted:

from what i've read on trueachievements, the online seems to work most of the time :shrug:

don't have my 360 here to test it myself, seems pretty unusual for an 8 y/o ea game

last time i played burnout revenge a couple of weeks ago the online was down. its still an awesome game though and everyone with a 360 should buy it if they like going fast

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Nice! I prefer this one though:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

He bought a playstation 4 console with driveclub, which was released less than two weeks ago here. He played it a few times and was so disappointed that he immediately put it all back in the box and tried to pretend it's new.

Remember at launch all the scalpers who had to sell the bones they stockpiled at under retail to shift them? :laugh:

Remember that microsoft still cannot get rid of all the day 338 editions sitting around stores worldwide? :laugh:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Doflamingo posted:

Nice! I prefer this one though:

Holy poo poo dude that really made me laugh! When I saw it on neogaf a couple of years ago.

Stux posted:

Remember at launch all the scalpers who had to sell the bones they stockpiled at under retail to shift them? :laugh:

Remember that microsoft still cannot get rid of all the day 338 editions sitting around stores worldwide? :laugh:

Remember when you were embarrassed about owning a bad toy, and couldn't logically defend your purchase so you lied and said you didn't own the toy until someone found a post proving otherwise.

Remember how you quickly had to write stux on a postit and stick it on the front of the toy you said you didn't own, take a photo, then upload the photo to the Internet forum where you lied about the toy you said you didn't own to prove that you did in fact own the toy. :laugh:

I remember :laugh:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

Holy poo poo dude that really made me laugh! When I saw it on neogaf a couple of years ago.

Remember when you were embarrassed about owning a bad toy, and couldn't logically defend your purchase so you lied and said you didn't own the toy until someone found a post proving otherwise.

Remember how you quickly had to write stux on a postit and stick it on the front of the toy you said you didn't own, take a photo, then upload the photo to the Internet forum where you lied about the toy you said you didn't own to prove that you did in fact own the toy. :laugh:

I remember :laugh:

I Don't Own A PS4.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Crafty posted:

Oh man, what other things have your Facebook friends done? One of mine just posted an Amorphis music video!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Wheany posted:

Oh man, what other things have your Facebook friends done? One of mine just posted an Amorphis music video!

One of them is an alcoholic that has been on jeremy kyle (the english jerry springer), one of them sold his ps4 within days of buying it. Aside from that its just normal stuff

GODS NOT REAL
Sep 25, 2012

YOU STUPID BUNNIES
I'm down for Titanfall if anyone else is today. I just put my GT on the list but I'm not sure how often it's updated, so I'm The Candlegoat.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

It's actually selling "just fine" in that they have a sizable growing market of millions of people to sell games and media to. Microsoft itself is actually a highly profitable company so that makes zero sense. Sony has posted losses for 15 straight quarters with no end in sight they're the ones hurting despite selling more ps4s . The desperation to compare the two is just strange as in both companies are looking to have lots of people buy their media and both are succeeding. The objective of Microsoft and Sony is to make money not drive each other into the ground

The constant day by day comparisons and sales charts is just funny and sad at the same time

lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Saladman posted:

If Microsoft stopped making Bones, Sony would do everything in its power to absolutely gently caress its customers with DRM and no-secondhand sales and all of the other terrible "features" that MS touted at E3 2013 for the Bone announcement.

Ahahaha you should visit Japan sometime, not a loving chance.

And even without Japan, Sony sticking to the traditional disc style got them probably the biggest ovation in E3 history.

Microsoft is doing pretty terribly in a lot of respects. I can almost guarantee Windows 7 will pretty much never go away and companies will perpetually ride it out for decades, Windows 8 was so bad it accelerated the decrease in computer purchases worldwide and some companies like HP had an advertising campaign because they had PC's which still had Windows 7 on them.

Office 365 is doing decently for them but I think some companies' patience are wearing thin at the service going down when major game releases happen, and Halo MCC's release should be interesting with all those people buying at retail downloading the 20 gig update.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Getting outsold by 42% is getting your rear end stomped into oblivion. The reason it owns is because Microsoft got cocky, tried to gently caress us all over, named this stupid POS the Xbox One, stuffed the box full of pointless TV sports poo poo that absolutely nobody ever uses or talks about (and NFL players call the Surface an iPad ripoff), and have generally been loving up every single week since then. This poo poo is comedy gold.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Saladman posted:

It's kind of funny that everyone is parading Microsoft's doom (despite the Xbone selling pretty decently and the company being incredibly profitable).

Literally no one has said this you idiot fanboy.

Saladman posted:

Console competition is a good thing, and the Ouya (lol), Steambox, and Wii U are not competing devices. If there was something competing against the Wii U, maybe Nintendo would have actually enabled online support and not the world's worst online marketplace and onerous digital purchase restrictions. I would have bought a Wii U except that it is still region locked for some reason even in this date and age.

It's kind of funny that everyone who owns an Xbone likes to parrot this even though it's completely wrong! The PS2 ran almost it's entire lifespan with virtually no competition and it is one of the best if not the best console cycles.

Competition is good when one of the competitors isn't actively thinking of new ways to charge you money for no value. Hence why both consoles now pay for access to online for literally no benefit. Because with XBL and PSN that's what you pay for. Nothing.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 25, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sedisp posted:

Because with XBL and PSN that's what you pay for. Nothing.

At least PSN gives you 72 free games a year (with some being for multiple platforms) plus cloud storage and did that first. XBL had to start giving games away as well and un-paywall streaming services, although their free game giveaway is far lower value at this time, with half as many titles given away a year and none of them being cross-platform.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sedisp posted:

Literally no one has said this you idiot fanboy.

It's kind of funny that everyone who owns an Xbone likes to parrot this even though it's completely wrong! The PS2 ran almost it's entire lifespan with virtually no competition and it is one of the best if not the best console cycles.

Competition is good when one of the competitors isn't actively thinking of new ways to charge you money for no value. Hence why both consoles now pay for access to online for literally no benefit. Because with XBL and PSN that's what you pay for. Nothing.

and competition is bad when one of the competitors uses its off shore ducktales vault of money to buy exclusivity on games and puts out unbelievable rams that make lazy developers shoot for less than the native resolution of my tv.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Saladman posted:

It's kind of funny that everyone is parading Microsoft's doom (despite the Xbone selling pretty decently and the company being incredibly profitable). If Microsoft stopped making Bones, Sony would do everything in its power to absolutely gently caress its customers with DRM and no-secondhand sales and all of the other terrible "features" that MS touted at E3 2013 for the Bone announcement.

E: I don't know the numbers for past launches, but looking at that Ars article, I'm guessing ~6.5 to 7.5 million sales in 10 months compares pretty well to any other console launch. It also looks like it's already pretty much tied with the Wii U in terms of sales, not that this comparison makes any more sense than comparing PS4 sales to iPad Air sales does.

No one is saying that microsoft will go out of business, and if they are they are retarded. They make a ton of money from everything that isn't the xbone(or windows phone or surface).

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

univbee posted:

At least PSN gives you 72 free games a year (with some being for multiple platforms) plus cloud storage and did that first. XBL had to start giving games away as well and un-paywall streaming services, although their free game giveaway is far lower value at this time, with half as many titles given away a year and none of them being cross-platform.

Yeah but you can't play online with PSN unless you're willing to join a million man queue which is a terrible shame imo. Not great value for money.

If PS4 was so good i doubt my facebook wall (and this thread) would be full of upset morons languishing in the fires of buyers remorse hell, desperately trying to offload their misjudged purchase, or like yourself : trying to justify it.

Or in one very special case: completely denying they bought it.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Crafty posted:

Yeah but you can't play online with PSN unless you're willing to join a million man queue which is a terrible shame imo. Not great value for money.

If PS4 was so good i doubt my facebook wall (and this thread) would be full of upset morons languishing in the fires of buyers remorse hell, desperately trying to offload their misjudged purchase, or like yourself : trying to justify it.

So everyone is still buying a PS4 and not an Xbone ironically? It's been a year word of mouth and price drops should have already taken hold. I guess you'll just have to face that the Xbox One is worse than the PS4. Which is pretty bad.

Good thing the correct option was "buy a Wii U"

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Crafty posted:

Needs more AA

Controller died?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
The correct option is to step away from the electronics and tell someone you love them :)

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Everyone needs to stop fighting and play some bayonetta 2 and/or sunset(once it comes out) and just have some fun playing video games.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So if you see the red reticule on bad men your shots hit them. So you don't actually need to aim at enemies to do damage. It's also pretty forgiving.

To recap it's nearly impossible to die and even if you do death has no consequences and you don't need to aim within the same zip code of enemies.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Bass Bottles posted:

The correct option is to step away from the electronics and tell someone you love them :)

I love you, Phil. :)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In a world where the xbone doesn't come out, and Sony releases the PS4 with the Draconian DRM system that Microsoft proposed, I'm pretty sure no one would have bought the PS4. They would have went to PC, handhelds, or mobile gaming. Sony would have faced a similar backlash and been forced to do a 180 as well. People buy video game consoles because they want it, not because they have to.

Also, "competition is needed" is bullshit. Building a product that fits a consumers' want is what will sell it more than being forced to by a competitor. Sure, what competitors offer is a factor, but its only about 1/5th of what bringing a product to the market would be. In this case, the power of substitutes (again, PC & mobile gaming, and I would garner the Wii U as well) would be much higher than the direct competition in this case.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Doflamingo posted:

I love you, Phil. :)

;) :ssh:

Chafe
Dec 17, 2009

Crafty posted:

That problem is isolated to Driveclub so, as you might guess, no one really cares. Because it is a bad game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crafty posted:

It's not so much the PS4 as it is just the entire next gen, just a sad state of affairs not really bringing much new to the table so everyone with any sense just stuck to their PS3 and PC and got a Wii U and 3DS instead. If you think the PS4 purchasers are upset you should see those who purchased an Xbone. The only person I know in real life who had an Xbone ended up buying a PS4. Specifically for Destiny.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Crafty posted:

I unironically have no idea what this first sentence means.

Crafty posted:

Considering last month almost twice as many people were looking to bought PS4s as Xboxes in the US if someone is looking to sell one it should be pretty easy. Is a single person on facebook that can't spell and didn't post his motives for selling somehow representative of the population of the US?

I really don't get your posts. I mean if you wanted to form a competent coherent argument it could be done pretty easily, but nothing here qualifies as that.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

BitBasher posted:

I unironically have no idea what this first sentence means.

Considering last month almost twice as many people were looking to bought PS4s as Xboxes in the US if someone is looking to sell one it should be pretty easy. Is a single person on facebook that can't spell and didn't post his motives for selling somehow representative of the population of the US?

I really don't get your posts. I mean if you wanted to form a competent coherent argument it could be done pretty easily, but nothing here qualifies as that.

Look at this guy, he's serious about video games. :3:

Sedisp posted:

So if you see the red reticule on bad men your shots hit them. So you don't actually need to aim at enemies to do damage. It's also pretty forgiving.

To recap it's nearly impossible to die and even if you do death has no consequences and you don't need to aim within the same zip code of enemies.

I've seen tons of deaths in the live streams i've watched, maybe you're not paying attention? Auto aim was not invented by Insomniac.

Can't wait to play this exclusive game, looks so sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Crafty posted:

Look at this guy, he's serious about video games. :3:

I've seen tons of deaths in the live streams i've watched, maybe you're not paying attention? Auto aim was not invented by Insomniac.

Can't wait to play this exclusive game, looks so sweet.

Yo Crafty please link me to some good footage from Sunset Overdrive, I'd like to see if Insomniac is back on the good path or if Nexus was a fluke and they keep making bad games.

• Locked thread